• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

stn

Who do you play? Not all characters can do it with good success, Makoto just happens to be one who can.

tmtyf

Been playing on the ps3 but after hanging out with some work buddies i'm debating double dipping on steam. How's the online?

alstein

Been playing on the ps3 but after hanging out with some work buddies i'm debating double dipping on steam. How's the online?

On the PC- it's much better than PS3 when it works.

Sometimes it doesn't work, how much it doesn't work seems to vary from person to person. I have fewer problems than most.

K.Sabot

Pfeh, paying for online does not construe anyone to being a master race. Unfortunately, Capcom can not into netcode without some sort of base structure so I'm here in the supposed PC poverty.

Even if Rose showed her stupid ass face, Rufus would curb stomp it into oblivion.

.... well dive kick her to death, but you get what I'm saying.

We also got 50/50 tiger uppercuts in here.

And that Thompson Hawk fellow is always on deck and ready.

Even if Rose showed her stupid ass face, Rufus would curb stomp it into oblivion.

.... well dive kick her to death, but you get what I'm saying.

We also got 50/50 tiger uppercuts in here.

And that Thompson Hawk fellow is always on deck and ready.

move to the east coast so I could get up in that
kttcolisteviej

I would upload more videos of my Elena but it takes too damn long to upload each video.

Takes damn near 30 minutes and it aint even guaranteed to work.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I would upload more videos of my Elena but it takes too damn long to upload each video.

Takes damn near 30 minutes and it aint even guaranteed to work.

Tried this on PC the other day. Was wondering if it was any faster than on PS3.

It wasn't. :/

sixghost

I don't play Makoto but you want to try the following to avoid fireballs:

1. Focus forward and dash a lot.
2. Neutral jump at the right distance.
3. Build U2 by focusing fireballs early on.
4. Use instant axe kick at the tip to make it safe.
5. Once in range, you should be able to stuff projectiles with cr. mp

As for her combos, just grind it out.

What does this mean?

Onemic

Space the instant axe kick so that the tip of Makoto's foot is hitting the opponent. I believe the move is negative on block but can be safe if spaced properly.

Could just mix it up between mk and hk axe kick too since hk is safe and looks almost exactly the same.

hitsugi

Infiltration's Rolento is definitely looking good, but there was way too much respect given from Guy. You have to be at least a little random and throw out SOME EX bushins against a character is almost certainly hitting buttons every time you end up in their face. He either got thrown or blown up by pokes whenever they landed together or Guy failed to hit confirm something.

At least make Rolento consider that you might throw that out now and then so you can press buttons.

Ok, how the fuck do you beat Dictator as Rose?? Or as anyone for that matter?
I find that match ridiculously frustrating. I just get absolutely trounced by frame traps, constant pressure, mix ups and cross ups. When I play against a good dictator I just feel like laying my stick down and walking away, feels like there's nothing I can do to get him off me. HELP.

Top Bottom