• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 3 Titan pack Now Available! (For PC)

Odrion said:
Not for 360 huh. :[
3trgm.png

DarkUSS said:
Wait all of these additions come in a free patch?

It's what Epic does. It's also why they have a strained relationship with MS since MS doesn't like to give this sort of stuff out for free when they can charge.

Marjorine

I saw a stack of PS3 UTIII at Target the other day for something ridiculous like 12.97.

I had the PS3 version when it released, but something just didn't click with me and the game. With this patch and the clearance prices maybe I'll give it another chance.

Ploid 3.0

°°ToMmY°° said:
put this on PSN Epic. please!

EDIT: is Midway still around? if so, put this on PSN Midway, please!

Oh yea, do this if they didn't take advantage of the Blu Ray space. But if it's far above 9gigs, maybe not. I remember that you can fully install the game and use the disk as a key to boot it though. So yea PSN should work!

Ploid 3.0

ice cream said:
Now this is how DLC should be done.
And all for FREE!

Yea, not horse armor, and alternate costumes in a fighting game (key unlock file). Too bad UT3 is so cheap now. They probably won't make much money from new purchases, although they might rebuild their fanbase. If they do this for all of their games I'd buy with less hesitation. I did that with Insomniac.

can someone confirm how big the game is (in terms of disc-space)? if it's low enough i could start spamming epic forum to make them put it on PSN.

Baha

°°ToMmY°° said:
can someone confirm how big the game is (in terms of disc-space)? if it's low enough i could start spamming epic forum to make them put it on PSN.

I'd buy it on PSN for a reasonable price.

°°ToMmY°° said:
5-6 gig maybe? Size shouldn't be an issue.

"can someone confirm how big the game is (in terms of disc-space)? if it's low enough i could start spamming epic forum to make them put it on PSN."

UT3 on PC is like 8GB installed so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Kolgar

Holy shit, AWESOME!

I'd bought the PS3 game, traded it for the 360 one, then rebought recently for PS3.

TWO-PLAYER SPLIT-SCREEN SUPPORT? This version just got back in the game!

Thank you, Epic! I have to say, I love UT3 and actually enjoy it more than Gears 2.

iFootball

Marjorine said:
I saw a stack of PS3 UTIII at Target the other day for something ridiculous like 12.97....

Target.com says $19.99.... available is most stores in my area.... hmmmm.. i might consider picking it up...

Ashour

Haven't touched this since January 2008 but it seems it will get another spin on my PS3 this March, hope the Trophies are fun to get.

Demigod Mac

Boards of Canada said:
I have a new MacBook Pro 17" coming in (2.93GHz and GeForce 9600M GT) and I'm wondering if I will be able to play this with a nice frame rate?

Runs like butter on mine, 60+ fps at max detail.

Teknopathetic said:
"can someone confirm how big the game is (in terms of disc-space)? if it's low enough i could start spamming epic forum to make them put it on PSN."

UT3 on PC is like 8GB installed so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Siren: Blood Curse is 9GB so it's certainly not impossible.

"Siren: Blood Curse is 9GB so it's certainly not impossible."

I thought Siren came out in episodes one at a time, though, and are still in package chunks on the store?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Well, it'll probably get the ball going on PS3 again so I'll definitely be there. Hopefully we can do a few GAF matches.

Teknopathetic said:
"Siren: Blood Curse is 9GB so it's certainly not impossible."

I thought Siren came out in episodes one at a time, though, and are still in package chunks on the store?
Now that you mention it, yeah. I don't remember them saying they chopped it up because of some limit on the store though, that was all to see if people would actually buy one episode at a time instead of the whole thing at once. But that might have just been some PR bullshit.

How much space does Burnout Paradise take up?

Sold it because the online community was crap in the PS3 version, there were like 20-30 people online and most of 'em were fricking good at the game.

Might pick it up again if more people are going to play it online, the game itself is great :D.

"Now that you mention it, yeah. I don't remember them saying they chopped it up because of some limit on the store though, that was all to see if people would actually buy one episode at a time instead of the whole thing at once. But that might have just been some PR bullshit.

How much space does Burnout Paradise take up?"

The PC demo (which is the entire game) is like 2.9gb.

Baha

Danne-Danger said:
Now that you mention it, yeah. I don't remember them saying they chopped it up because of some limit on the store though, that was all to see if people would actually buy one episode at a time instead of the whole thing at once. But that might have just been some PR bullshit.

How much space does Burnout Paradise take up?

3GB.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Fyi, the PC version is $12 at Gamestop. I picked it up a few weeks ago so I could use the editor with Mirror's Edge. At the time, I tried playing online but as others have mentioned, the servers are fucking dead. Hopefully this patch will revive things...

Teknopathetic said:
The PC demo (which is the entire game) is like 2.9gb.
Right, so we have one game that has a total size of 9GB (fully installed) and one 3GB single download game. Surely if EPIC asked nicely they could get the game out on PSN? I don’t think Sony would oppose it, they’ve been pretty good about trying new things for the service so far.

sounds real good. I have it on my PS3, but the community is dead. maybe only 2 open games in each gametype. never really more.

I'll pick the game up on my PC if i like what I see.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
This needs a re-release either with another publisher or through PSN otherwise it's a waste of time.

Still, credit to Epic for supporting what's considered by many to be a failed product.

Top Bottom