• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 3 Titan pack Now Available! (For PC)

I just started playing around with the mods in UT3 (PC), and this is the character mod that won in the category "Best New Character or Customization Pack" in the most recent phase of the $1,000,000 "Make somthing Unreal" contest. It has some great accompanying voice work as well.

gen_081018_5.jpg

dfyb

Banned
godhandiscen said:
Wait what? The 360 already have split screen and achievements. The PS3 version is playing catch up in this sense. Now, the only thing that the 360 is missing would be the new added modes, and those will come eventually. Chill.
PS3 plays catch up with two features and a couple previously exclusive maps, and then the rest of the patch (the majority of the patch) is brand new stuff. 360 users have a right to feel left out because they ARE being left out (just like with mod support). Once again, the reason seems to be MS' policy. MS' policy kept 360 version from supporting mods and I don't think it's a safe bet that 360 will get all this new content, either -- Epic has already come out and said MS' policy was a deciding factor in why they aren't getting it now, and I didn't see word on a potential 'later'.

This certainly isn't the first time MS has denied developers like Epic and Valve from supporting their game post-release like they want to and I doubt it'll be the last.

mr stroke

Corran Horn said:
I wish more would play. Id be so down to play this game again. Got it on PC PS3 and 360 :lol

I would be willing to jump back in to. Got rid of it a year ago I thought the servers were abandoned, anyone still playing the PC version?

AppleBlade

Yeah, I purchased Unreal Tournament 3 for my PS3 last week as soon as I heard about the patch. This game actually had very good reviews and yet gets completely overlooked, which is surprising since it came out back in 2007, well before the PS3 got MGS 4, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, etc.

As crazy as it sounds, I decided on passing on Killzone 2 (for now) in favor of Unreal Tournament 3. UT3 will be my go-to multi-player FPS for this year. It already was a great tournament FPS, now add in all these extras, trophy support, and split-screen multi-player and this is a great package overall for a measly 18-20 bucks depending on where you buy it. Hell, I even got the strategy guide for like 4 dollars shipped on EBAY.

Despite purchasing it last week, I haven't touched it yet. I'm waiting for this patch to come out first. Can't wait for this weekend to come!

Ryn

Oooh 2 days, right before my Spring Break.

I'm excited.

Now for the love of god people play more on the PC servers. Seriously.

Everdred

mr stroke said:
I would be willing to jump back in to. Got rid of it a year ago I thought the servers were abandoned, anyone still playing the PC version?
I still play often and will definitely be logging some more hours with this new update. Probably not until next week though, just got a few new games.

kuYuri

Delayed for PS3 owners.

Avert your eyes, PlayStation 3 owners who are looking forward to playing the Titan Pack expansion for Unreal Tournament III tomorrow -- the massive download isn't coming for another two weeks. Sigh.

Epic Games' Steve Polge broke the news earlier today, saying that "the certification process for the PS3 patch and DLC has taken much longer than we expected. As a result, we have been forced to push back the release date for the PS3 version to 3/19."

On the bright side, Polge added the following: "The PC patch contains updates that will improve mods cooked for PS3, so we'll be taking advantage of this extra time to work with mod authors to make sure the best mods for UT3 are cooked with the latest patch."

I don't even own UT3 and this news is making me sad; maybe it has something to do with Dale North hyping the ever-loving Christ out of the Titan Pack. I was looking forward to seeing your reactions to the DLC, but I suppose that will have to wait now, won't it?
http://www.destructoid.com/unreal-tournament-iii-s-titan-pack-gets-pushed-back-123769.phtml

GrayFoxPL

I feel like a complete asshole for not buying this game on launch. But two weeks after that I hear the online is dead. So I thought it's not worth it.

Maybe people will come back after this. How's the online on ps3 version now? Is anyone playing?

"Any idea when this will be available on steam without the trickery?"

Probably noon-ish Pacific, that's the earliest Steam starts to push out updates and stuff barring special exceptions.

Mash

Yay! I really hope this injects some life into the game. Just waiting for this to come out on Steam which I guess will be evening time here.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I couldn't play this game. No matter what I tried, I just couldn't connect to my friends (Any other game worked just fine..)

If this fixes that, then i'll be alllll over this game. I so wanted to enjoy this game when I bought it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
No reason to wait, you just pick your UT3 directory when you install the update and it works fine. About thirty minutes left on my Titan Pack download now.

senahorse

Teknopathetic said:
"Any idea when this will be available on steam without the trickery?"

Probably noon-ish Pacific, that's the earliest Steam starts to push out updates and stuff barring special exceptions.

Hopefully it's there when I get home from work tomorrow, and hopefully there are enough people playing. With this game being rather cheap over xmas and this update looking pretty feature packed the chances are pretty good. :D

Also I wouldn't be surprised if UT3 is the weekend Steam deal.

I just played a round of Greed, it's a bit like...TDM Football. When you kill someone they drop a skull, in order to score points you have to take that skull into a capture point inside the enemy's base. You can obviously hold multiple skulls, but when you die you drop all of the skulls you were carrying.

The server also had the Titan mutator enabled. When you get a killing spree, you press a button to go into Titan mode, which gives you like 400 health, 400 armor. You have a rocket launcher that instantly locks on (with recharging ammo) and a shock rifle that...is a shock rifle? I didn't really muck with it much. I didn't try Behemoth, I'm not sure how big of a killing spree you need to trigger that.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Teknopathetic said:
I just played a round of Greed, it's a bit like...TDM Football. When you kill someone they drop a skull, in order to score points you have to take that skull into a capture point inside the enemy's base. You can obviously hold multiple skulls, but when you die you drop all of the skulls you were carrying.

Sounds like the old Quake mod, Headhunters. Count me in!

theBishop

Banned
That delay is probably for the best. I'm knee deep in Helghast at the moment.

I can't wait to see how the PS3 mod browser works. UT3 really deserved better than Epic's treatment at launch. Hopefully they find a way to attract new buyers, whether it's a new round of TV ads or a full-download on the PSN store.

dLMN8R

Titan Pack has been released!
A new patch for Unreal Tournament III updates the first-person shooter to version 2.0 with a number of fixes and changes while also paving the way for the new Titan Pack for the game, which is also now available. The patch adding client-side demo recording, improvements to Steam integration, server browser changes, UI tweaks, and much more can be found on AtomicGamer, BeyondUnreal, eXp.de, FanGaming, FileFront, FilePlanet (registration required), Fileplay, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls. The Titan Pack that adds 16 new maps, three bonus pack 1 maps, two new game-types, the titular Titan mutator, vehicles, deployables, 57 Steam achievements, and more is available on AtomicGamer, BeyondUnreal, eXp de, FanGaming, FileFront, Fileplay, FilePlanet (registration required), Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls. The UT3 Titan Pack Reveal on BeyondUnreal is a good place to read all the details about this update.
(head to the link to easily find all the mirrors)

It should also be out on Steam, not completely sure yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/13210/
Looks like UT3 with the Titan Pack is now called "Unreal Tournament 3 Black". It's getting a free weekend soon.

It's 40% off right now, only $12!

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I finally got it downloaded again, and I must say I noticed a huge difference with the optimization. At launch the game ran horrible on my system, now it's smooth.

Top Bottom