• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

And those are the 2 best characters!

So I hear.

I enjoyed what I saw of Gobusters, I just kinda fell off the weekly watching train and never got back on. Same thing happened towards the middle of Fourze and after the first couple of Wizard episodes. Nothing against the shows, they just kinda fell out of my weekly routine.

I'm pretty damn sure they will use gokaiger suits for something, or are they gonna do the sloppy perspective cuts for the ground battles like in mmpr2?

I really hope they don't go the MMPR S2/3 route, that shit is the absolute worst part of Power Rangers once they get passed the commissioned Toei footage.

Don't know how they'll handle it (whether it's a suit change like Zeo/Turbo, an "aliens turn up and do stuff because the main characters can't" thing like Alien Rangers or something unprecedented with two teams going against one another) but here's hoping for the best. It really could go any way at all depending on what they do. The Gokaigers will turn up somewhere though, even if it's just as antagonists for a few episodes or a movie or something. No reason not to get a few more toys out.

Regardless of the end result, the mystery of how it will be handled is kind of exciting, at least.

Well, sure, it's different. But in 30 and something years, I don't remember two Sentai series having anything similar.

This time around, all the heroes are based on Dinosaurs again, there's something about shit happening in the past and the enemies are coming back (Didn't Zyuranger have something along these line,s with the enemies being held prisoners on the moon until they came back?).

I don't know, jut sounds out of the ordinary. Whatever, it has samba in it, of fucking course I'll check it out.

Like I said, the whole "enemies from the time of dinosaurs coming back" thing is similar to Bandora/Rita being sealed and returning but the heroes seem different enough, the only real link in that regard is the dinosaur motif but then you've got Abaranger/Dino Thunder so it's really like a once a decade tradition in that regard.

I'm not really well versed enough in earlier Sentai to talk about prior villains so I don't know how abnormal it is in that regard, but Showa Kamen Rider ran the "hero is captured by the evil organisation and given powers but escapes before mental conditioning and turns the villain's power against them" thing in to the ground.

jwk94

Rumor:
Vrak (Buraijira or whatever his JP name was) is Walz Gils' brother which explains his royalty comment in today's episode

Oh, and the morphing call is "Go Go Megamorphs"...yeah......

Megayellow is ridiculously cute. When was the last female ranger with some boobs.

using those morphers as phones is pretty funny though. And did the monster just randomly leave and come back instantly?

Gotta love how the megazord card still says goseiger on it. Yugioh been editing the cards in the shows for years, does Saban just not give a damn? I guess this season didn't have the budget for new crazy stuff like Samurai?

Also, its so odd seeing megablue constantly soloing things. its pretty damn sad. I know the reasoning, but still.

It's especially kinda funny with him being the "nerd". I know they've got him and Black as friends (even using the term "bromance" in the most recent episode) but it's funny/sad to have the geek as the solo one.

Blue's the nerdy one to parallel Billy, and Blue doesn't have a partner because Goseiger, but it's a funny piece of happenstance.

Really makes me wonder if they'll do anything with Gosei Green.

Well they'd need to actually make a suit given GoseiGreen was just a recoloured in post suit with no helmet or anything, but after Mega and Shogun modes from Samurai a single extra Ranger doesn't seem like too much. Getting a Green Ranger in would make sense with how hard they're driving the whole MMPR thing, though they've already got Robo Knight filling the sixth Ranger slot.

Megared is literally just there, i mean he has nothing else too him.

Yeah, he's a pretty bland character so far. At least his acting is kinda bad, which is more than can be said for wooden Pink.

jwk94

Well they'd need to actually make a suit given GoseiGreen was just a recoloured in post suit with no helmet or anything, but after Mega Mode and Shogun from Samurai a single Ranger doesn't seem like too much. Getting a Green Ranger in would make sense with how hard they're driving the whole MMPR thing, though they've already got Robo Knight filling the sixth Ranger slot.

Yeah, he's a pretty bland character so far. At least his acting is kinda bad, which is more than can be said for wooden Pink.

didn't they have a Gosei Green helmet though?

Slayven

huh. Was Hyde's lack of a parter ever brought up again in Gosei?
Whole ep about it.
I had thought he was only shown from the waist down, but looking it up he was shown in long shot as well. Still:

Isn't it more likely that they recoloured a suit in post-production than creating a whole new suit for a brief appearance?

Yeah probably. But it's not like a suit would break the bank.

Yeah probably. But it's not like a suit would break the bank.

Yeah, I don't disagree with that. Compared to making five new suits and filming new Zord cockpit footage for every episode like in Samurai, adding one new Ranger shouldn't cost too much. Depends on how much original battle footage they're going to film I guess. Even if it's like Samurai where they reshot a bunch of stuff that basically matched the Japanese footage they could possibly still slot him in.

Nothing in the leaked episode summaries suggests anything more than the five core Rangers and Robo Knight though.

shaowebb

Woo! Finally reached a turning point in setting up these graphics for the Chou Climax Heroes OT. My work schedule and animation work schedule wreck me on stuff for this, but I should actually be finished and have this up soon. I'm setting up some gifs too in order to show off mechanics and such in action so it should be pretty nice.

Listing all modes of play for every character and putting headshots next to each style of play to denote allllllll the forms each style lets you choose. For some guys like Wizard some forms are exclusive to selecting a certain style. You can only get wind dragon form with him if you select to play him with a tag assist for some reason o_O

Here's a fun gif to tide you over. The swag combos need more work to extract and gif though. I pretty much made this with a youtube gif site called yt2gif.com but any vid over 10 min cant be used and when ReXXXSoprano does a primer he don't fuck around. I'll download that swag and gif if it though.

Anyhow just want you all to know its coming soon and that you can readup and get a full idea of how fun this game is that way. Keep an eye out for forms you are curious on and ask questions. I'll try to answer anything I can.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
lol Dark Red Buster is taller than Enter.

Any known height discrepancies? I know Yoko's suit actor is taller than usual, same with Ahim's.

WillyFive

I rarely notice it, but people said a lot about that happening with ShinkenYellow.

Has it been confirmed the mega force cast will also be the gokaigers?

Troy as marvelous would make me sad.

Saban is casting for a Silver Ranger, but not for an entire team. We may be getting an MMPR S2 kind of thing, where we just get Gokai Silver by himself.

Why is there always a huge difference in Fight choreography quality between KR and sentai until wizard?

Because the people who did the Gokaiger fight choreography are now doing Wizard. Conversely, the people for Fourze are now doing Kyoryuger.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm just gonna watch the raw. I already know the one major thing that happens this episode anyways. Not like I've been following Gobusters enough to care though lol

Preeetty cool episode

Wynnebeck

Banned
Any gaffers going to Katsucon in Maryland this weekend? My friends and I are going as a Toku group and I'm doing the Black Ninjetti Ranger. If you see us around come say hi!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So many awesome moments in the episode, especially that roll call.

Finally a more complete version of this.

inPmwIRQF5UrK.gif

WillyFive

Suddenly I miss transformation sequences that actually are practical and made sense.

The Go-Busters took forever to morph. That was impractical. At least dancing around can allow you to avoid incoming fire, just like how the Shinkenger's writing and the Gokaiger logos could be used as a shield.

Slayven

The Go-Busters took forever to morph. That was impractical. At least dancing around can allow you to avoid incoming fire, just like how the Shinkenger's writing and the Gokaiger logos could be used as a shield.
Gobusters' football huddle was out of place.

Kryou better have a good soundtrack. We haven't had a decent sentai one since Shinkenger.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm just gonna watch the raw. I already know the one major thing that happens this episode anyways. Not like I've been following Gobusters enough to care though lol

Preeetty cool episode

Heads up when a fansub shows up. It's been a while since I watched any current Japanese series (Anime or Live Action), so I don't know who are the real time fansubbers out there.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Heads up when a fansub shows up. It's been a while since I watched any current Japanese series (Anime or Live Action), so I don't know who are the real time fansubbers out there.

check out over-time for the episodes from the big two.

shaowebb

Fuuuuuuuuuu...

Okay I hit a snag. I've watched the shows for Decade, OOO's, W, and Wizard who arguably have the most forms and my OT for Chou Climax Heroes isn't sweating writing up their huge lists of forms and customizable setups for play style.

Problem is I never watched Fourze. Holy shit I'm at a loss even with the WIKI on his states and switches.

I can easily tell from one is a form change style that lets him choose from :

• Switch style that lets him use up to four switches to change his abilities during battle. You can also choose to forego the switches and just have him turn into Fire, Electric, or some other thingy that his him in base form and you choose a load out of switches as well.
  • Cosmic State. You can Select this but then it makes you select either base form Fourze or Cosmic form...I've done both and both seemed the same. Start as fourze and at 3 bars turn cosmic. Both use the Cosmic form's rider finale. I'm at a loss.
  • Striker style. He calls in a yellow robot thinger to club a bitch.
  • tag style. Before choosing a partner you can choose Switches, electric, fire, magnet, cosmic and you can secretly access his fusion state with Meteor here as well. If you choose switch style base form you don't get to mess with loadouts.

I have no clue what the difference is on cosmic state selections and I have no idea what the difference is on Base form 4 switch style and the other base form option. I also have NO idea whats going on with switches aside from changing moves (which is pretty good). If it does other stuff I don't know.

Im gonna have to skip Fourze for now till I find out WTF with him and move on. Tons of riders to cover and they all seem to come loaded with states. I may just release the system write up and reserve some posts to add character form details as I go because this is taking awhile.

fourze movie was fun. Fist bumping Macross.

I actually like the fourze fusion suit a lot more in motion than the scans. Probably my favorite movie exclusive suit atm.

I'm extremely curious how they will adapt gokaiger footage. The amount of fights in the show that don't involve turning into sentai that haven't been power rangers is not that many. I assume a lot of cuts and new footage. Luckily most if not all the megazord stuff are from PR stuff.

I'm thinking they keep their budget low for Goseiger stuff and use mostly sentai footage, while get creative with season 2.

And fuck wouldn't it be rad if there was a Zordon with a pirate accent.

>:O

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

They actually move around in a fight when they morph and it actually provides a barrier. The only off part is the glasses really.

So then you just outright hate fun

Nah I just like to be facetious sometimes :3

Slayven

fourze movie was fun. Fist bumping Macross.

I actually like the fourze fusion suit a lot more in motion than the scans. Probably my favorite movie exclusive suit atm.

I'm extremely curious how they will adapt gokaiger footage. The amount of fights in the show that don't involve turning into sentai that haven't been power rangers is not that many. I assume a lot of cuts and new footage. Luckily most if not all the megazord stuff are from PR stuff.

I'm thinking they keep their budget low for Goseiger stuff and use mostly sentai footage, while get creative with season 2.

And fuck wouldn't it be rad if there was a Zordon with a pirate accent.

>:O
Everybody including old Zodiarts switching on?? Man tears, man tears.

• Switch style that lets him use up to four switches to change his abilities during battle. You can also choose to forego the switches and just have him turn into Fire, Electric, or some other thingy that his him in base form and you choose a load out of switches as well.
  • Cosmic State. You can Select this but then it makes you select either base form Fourze or Cosmic form...I've done both and both seemed the same. Start as fourze and at 3 bars turn cosmic. Both use the Cosmic form's rider finale. I'm at a loss.
  • Striker style. He calls in a yellow robot thinger to club a bitch.
  • tag style. Before choosing a partner you can choose Switches, electric, fire, magnet, cosmic and you can secretly access his fusion state with Meteor here as well. If you choose switch style base form you don't get to mess with loadouts.

This is correct for the most part.

When it comes to Fourze & OOO you're given the option of either The Default loadout or a random set of switches/medals to start with when selected in base form.

When you select Cosmic States you're not actually selecting it on the 2nd screen. You're just confirming that you'll start as Fourze and can transform into Cosmic States. Fourze's Single Transformation Style.

And it's Fire, Elek & Magnet States. Magnet States is the odd one out because it's a summon style which lets him summon Powerdizer instead of being a Multi-Transform Style.

WillyFive

Also, was bored, so I watched GUIS's two episodes of Fiveman they have out. MAN, what a dumb series. It's not offensive, just...dumb. There's so many plotholes and jumps in logic it makes my head explode.

I liked the first two episodes of Fiveman. Sure, it's standard generic Sentai, but it was interesting. I liked the suits and premise, and the fight scenes and special effects were great.

But yeah, plotholes and jumps in logic are common in older Toku, where storylines were mostly weird nonsense that was there just because it looked cool (at the time). There are some exceptions, like Jetman and Metalder, where they were pretty realistic within their own premise, but it's not the genre you go to for logic.

Top Bottom