• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

Ithil

There's a difference between defending yourself or someone else from an actual attack and beating the shit out of a Nazi simply for being a Nazi. Which is what most of you guys seem to be ok with.

You say "simply for being a Nazi" like it's a skin colour or a religion.

It's not. Nazism is evil, plain and simple.

God dude, read a fucking history textbook. You think everything about human nature has magically changed in the last few decades?
....seriously dude is so oblivious or wants to ignore the amount of history we have to go off of.

You leave the root in the ground it will continue to grow and spread. It will turn into a tree with many branches. You have to pull it straight from the root. At this point though the tree has fully blossomed and many other seeds are being planted.

Liberal has gone soft, nazi's can only be defeated by fire and blood, not peaceful protests and discourse. We need to choose violence before it's too late.

This game can't come soon enough
latest

sphagnum

Banned
How come there aren't any leftist militias? I want our side to show up with guns next time.

Theres been an anti-gun culture on the left for a long time now, so that even traditionally radical leftists mostly organized through activist groups and parties. Theres an inherent disadvantage since most leftists dont join the police or the military so they dont come from a gun culture background. But they are starting to pop up now. John Brown Gun Club, Redneck Revolt, Red Guards of Austin, Antifa, etc.

I also suspect you might see more encouragement to get proactive with weapons from leftist vets returning home from the Rojava front in Syria where there are communists and anarchists fighting ISIS.

Sony

Nintendo
If the discussion is about appeasing Nazis, then I supposed you're right. I don't have any interest in that.

Then ironically, you're the one that doesn't get it. I never said that Nazi's should be appeased. I said that you shouldn't play judge, jury and executioner and seek out Nazi's by yourself and assault them.

Honestly, the accusation of you and other that I'm some sort of Nazi sypathizer is disgusting.

bananas

Banned
Then ironically, you're the one that doesn't get it. I never said that Nazi's should be appeased. I said that you shouldn't play judge, jury and executioner and seek out Nazi's by yourself and assault them.

Honestly, the accusation of you and other that I'm some sort of Nazi sypathizer is disgusting.
You're not a victim, stop acting like you are.

You're literally giving them your sympathies when one of them got punched.

sony, why do you think people need to wait to be attacked or killed by a group of nazis whose entire belief system is based around eradication of and violence against other races? also, if violence is never the answer, why has almost every single conflict and solution in the history of our species been breed in violence? every revolution, every status change, etc? and why are you comparing nazis to mere other belief systems?

and you want to talk about getting angry at replies in this thread? seeing your nazi apologist and nazi defending posts are pathetic. pick up a fucking history book.

you're getting dog piled because you're spouting horseshit created from more horseshit, not because you're a victim

chaosyn

How come there aren't any leftist militias? I want our side to show up with guns next time.

I've been anti-gun for as long as I can remember, but I'm starting to reconsider that. Might be time for the left to arm up in larger numbers. These armed fascists aren't going away, nor is the 2nd amendment/300+ million guns in this country. I'd rather balance that scale of power than concede most of it to the alt-right.

Why should we sit around and let them grow to attack us? I love how Sony picks and chooses which posts he replies too. History is there for a reason and millions have paid for it before. This is not a movie with a fairy tale ending where we all sing and dance together.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Violence is never the answer, except that time Jefferson said the tree of liberty needs the blood of tyrants as manure. Or the civil war. Or ww2.

Sony

Nintendo

1. This is what I was trying to reply to. I'm against the notion that people should seek out Neo-Nazi's and physically attack them.

violence.png

2. Later on, I said this:
I certainly won't feel sorry if any alt-right nazi f*cker gets punched. But actively seeking out these people and physically hurt them? I'm against that. That's what the law is for. You shouldn't play judge, jury and executioner.

The only disgusting thing here are your posts. Both my grandfather's fought the Nazis and I find your high horse opinion on the matter highly offensive.

ViviOggi

History disagrees with you. Actually I would love to see the historical evidence that discourse has changed these type of hate groups.
Remembrance and education on factual as well as emotional levels re: the atrocities of fascism in Germany

1. This is what I was trying to reply to. I'm against the notion that people should seek out Neo-Nazi's and physically attack them.

violence.png

Ok, great! So you support simply categorizing Neo Nazis and the KK as terrorist organizations and treating them no differently than ISIS when they march down the street, right?

The Kree

Banned

Your entire argument benefits the Nazis and harms the rest of us, because these people do not have a conscience. If you're going to stick to that argument, I have to assume you're on their side.

Feel free to walk it back at any time.

bananas

Banned

violence.png

3. And then later on you said this:
Ignoring these people will contribute much more to the good case that attacking these people because then you'll give them even more reason to be violent.

VariantX

sony, why do you think people need to wait to be attacked or killed by a group of nazis whose entire belief system is based around eradication of and violence against other races? also, if violence is never the answer, why has almost every single conflict and solution in the history of our species been breed in violence? every revolution, every status change, etc? and why are you comparing nazis to mere other belief systems?

and you want to talk about getting angry at replies in this thread? seeing your nazi apologist and nazi defending posts are pathetic. pick up a fucking history book.

you're getting dog piles because you're spouting horseshit created from more horseshit, not because you're a victim

We already see how this shit started, and I'll tell they're not going to sit around and wait for it to happen again. Not when you have people who still remember the family they lost in the holocaust and the family the they lost in the fighting across Europe to destroy the Nazi machine. We'd be foolish to sit and wait while this is picking up steam. Right now as a country, if we do not say NO on every front, we will be back in the 30's before we can blink.

The Wart

... Are people in this thread actually advocating for vigilante violence? Are people seriously getting dogpiled for suggesting that it is a bad idea to go out on the street and assault people you think are Nazis? And people think that this will end well?

And no, private citizens assaulting other private citizens is not analogous to fighting the German army in WW2.

Edit: To clarify, yeah if you see Richard Spencer walking down the street by all means punch him. If your co-worker starts putting Nazi flags on his cubicle, sure, get in his face about it. But don't get together with your friends, grab some baseball bats, and drive across town to beat down some 15 year old spamming racist frogs on Twitter.

espher

... Are people in this thread actually advocating for vigilante violence? Are people seriously getting dogpiled for suggesting that it is a bad idea to go out on the street and assault people you think are Nazis? And people think that this will end well?

Nah, they're suggesting people go out and assault people they know are Nazis.

Since being a Nazi is not illegal, it's not vigilantism. ;)

bananas

Banned

And no, private citizens assaulting other private citizens is not analogous to fighting the German army in WW2.
Think are Nazis, no.

Nazis that make themselves known and start spouting their garbage and hate, yes.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Someone walking around flying a Nazi flag or rocking a swastika... Should be punched. We used to kill motherfuckers for that and now punching them is "sinking to their level"?

Fucking nonsense. Some dude rolls up to me wearing Nazi gear he's getting a headbutt to the face.

Non violence hahahaha.

Zakalwe

Banned

Every time a Nazi is punched a hero is born.

As someone said earlier, I'd love for the jagoffs in our news media to look up the parents of ISIS kids.
Why do people keep saying this? Every time there's a terrorist attack by an ISIS member in a western country they always find their brother mother father uncle or whatever.

Top Bottom