• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

MIMIC

Banned
according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials.

So another guy was caught chatting it up with the Russians?

Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

[...]

“How would he trust that the Russians wouldn’t leak it on their side?” said one former senior intelligence official. The FBI would know that a Trump transition official was going in and out of the embassy, which would cause “a great deal” of concern, he added. The entire idea, he said, “seems extremely naïve or absolutely crazy.”

LOL, exactly what I was thinking. That surely wouldn't have gone unnoticed.

How stupid is Kushner? The mere proposal is something team Trump should have gone to lengths to involve as few people as possible.

So, yeah, I guess send Flynn if you already know he's a liability so you can just lump it in with other shit of his if it ever comes out.

You don't send Ivanka's frigging husband. He is there literally only because of a personal connection to the president. There's no way to write this thing off as anything other than Trump intentionally trying to hide shit.
It's amazing. Like, I get Trump being that stupid. It's well established that he's a moron. But it's fascinating that it's not just Trump, but everyone he surrounds himself with or is in any way connected to seems to be just as stupid and reckless as he is. Of course, we've had plenty of stupid Presidents/administrations before, but this all just seems on a completely different level. It's fascinating just how bad at being totally corrupt and evil these people are. There are so many ways they should be able to get away with being totally corrupt, especially with the powers of the Presidency, without being so stupid about it and never getting caught, but yet they keep choosing the worst ones... Baffling.

The more I think about it, the more it becomes obvious to me that, if the FBI has known about this and STILL haven't moved against Kushner, it's because they're building a case to go after the big guy himself.

I mean, if there really wasn't any collusion between Trump himself and the Russians, the FBI would have already grabbed up Flynn and Manafort, both of whom are obviously guilty.

But so far the FBI are letting the little fish swim...
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. That they ain't interested in the small fry, and so they don't really care if stuff like this leaks, because they're building up a case for the idiot-in-chief. I mean, if this is the stuff that they let leak, who knows what cards they're holding close to their chest right now until they're able to build an iron-clad case. Feels like we're probably still just seeing the tip of the iceberg here.

iammeiam

Didn't Ivanka and Jared both leave Trump's traveling entourage early? Like, within the past day?

They must have heard this was coming. This is fucking amazing.

Guy.brush

E3xXqq617AaFW.gif

ascii42

If true to the events, the second paragraph basically smokes the notion of Team Trump being played/roped by Russia.

That's not just intention. That's eagerness. So we can only assume they were expecting something rather immediate/concrete from it.
Yeah, that's crazy.

Historian on CNN pointing out that this act by Kushner would be alerting the Russians that the current channels were not secure from the IC.

Think about that.

LifEndz

"We now cut to John McCain sadly looking at the floor, slowly shaking his head and mumbling how this is unacceptable but unwilling to do anything about any of it."

Arttemis

MSNBC: The source knew that leaking this information would confirm to Russia that certain channels are under surveillance, which will cause them to change their protocols, but thought the implications of not leaking this to the public was WORSE than losing active surveillance.

I'm a proponent of everybody that voted for trump having their rights to vote stripped for like a decade + or all baby boomers losing their right to vote or a mixture.

I mean, the constitution is irrelevant to these people anyway. They don't care that there is actually real traitors in the whitehouse. No, only a minority can be a traitor.

Kusagari

Calamity Bannon probably sitting back, laughing at all this.

We got reports that he knew shit was going to hit the fan once Kushner's contacts with Russia got out.

Afrikan

Remember that thing Donald used to do....

"HEY LOOK ALL I WANT TO DO IS JUST STOP EVERYTHING SO WE CAN KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! THAT'S ALL! JUST SO WE CAN KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON."

How about we stop this administration for a little bit, until we can find out what is going on. Right?

Malvolio

MSNBC: The source knew that leaking this information would confirm to Russia that certain channels are under surveillance, which will cause them to change their protocols, but thought the implications of not leaking this to the public was WORSE than losing active surveillance.

Good, I'm glad we're finally on the real topic here...the leaker!

norm9

The way these kooky computers are, I wouldn't be surprised if all those campaign contacts were accidentally erased from their servers.

Eta- might have smarter to use the first lady, who apparently can speak five languages instead of boy wonder, the man who solves all problems.

Top Bottom