• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

The GOP has the majority in congress and senate, right? For an impeachment to go through the GOP would have to play ball and I doubt they will. Even if Kushner gets removed, Trump would still be in power.
And even if Trump got thrown under the bus, Pence as president doesn't sound very appealing either.

Pence is probably out, too, but even if not, he'll be a paper tiger and run into many of the same issues, and then some, as Trump.

Surfinn

I wanna know what this all means for TRUMP. I don't want him wiggling his way out of collusion.

But yeah.. seems like Kushner/Flynn are truly fucked.

The more you see, the more you realize they really didn't want to win. Because no one would care about these talks if they lost.

the other possibility is some of them (e.g. Peter Thiel who decamped to new zealand at the end of January) realised the shit they were in and mistakes they were making pre-election, and actually wanted more badly to win so trumps fixers could get into office and clean it all up quietly.

MIMIC

Banned
What the hell is so fascinating about Russia that has all these guys doing these stunningly stupid things?? Is Kushner a spy or something?

I wanna know what this all means for TRUMP. I don't want him wiggling his way out of collusion.

But yeah.. seems like Kushner/Flynn are truly fucked.

Even if he's not named in collusion, he's obstructed justice multiple different times. If this comes to a head, it'll be just as bad

What the hell is so fascinating about Russia that has all these guys doing these stunningly stupid things?? Is Kushner a spy or something?

money.
the only billionaires that would happily mix their business with trump were Russia/Ukraine oligarchs.

Allard

lol White House with the "no comment"

it's all true

As much as I would say that is normally the case,Trump and his team have been working more closely with lawyers after the special counsel was convened. Any lawyer worth his money is likely telling his client to not comment on anything till they can formulate a statement that would not hurt their legal position.

He owes 1 billion in loans. He probably floated that money from the Russians for favors. This might have been one of them. This is what I believe I think. There's so much to his story lol

FStubbs

Мы являемся владельцем Дональда Трампа

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
As much as I would say that is normally the case,Trump and his team have been working more closely with lawyers after the special counsel was convened. Any lawyer worth his money is likely telling his client to not comment on anything till they can formulate a statement that would not hurt their legal position.

Nobody tells Trump what to do.

Surfinn

It's hard for me to believe that Trump didn't know about this

There's zero chance this is all just some huge shock for him. But the real question I have is.. are they going to nail him on collusion charges or just lesser ones like obstruction of justice?

Either way, as long as he gets the fuck out, I'm happy. But I hope justice will prevail.

Let's be real, people will forget about this story by Monday. Unless there is hard proof half of America will assume nothing happened.

He wanted to win, but he didn't want the job.

you-got-it-dude.gif

I finally realized what that orange coloring on Trump is, it's a teflon coat. His family and cabinet members just wear a lighter shade. It's getting ridiculous the shit that keeps coming out that would've destroyed a black or woman president. I wonder why that is?

In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power.

In their case they just want even more money and power. Oh, and probably blackmail from Trump being bailed out by the Russians. We can clearly see that he has no leadership skills.

I really hope they can show Trump had knowledge otherwise it seems like they will pin everything on Kushner, Trump will feign ignorance and let Kush take the fall for him. I mean he had to have been told by someone higher up to do this right? Why would he decide to do it on his own since it's blatantly sketchy/illegal as shit? Wasn't he named Secretary of Fix Everything Wrong With The U.S. by Trump or something?

Top Bottom