• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Fake Famitsu News, 12/14 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arde5643

Mandoric said:
NEWS
New Wii colors launching simultaneous with Smash Brothers on 1/24.
* Price: \35000
* Red, Diamond Black, Mint Blue, Snow Pink, Famicom colors (limited edition set)
* Packed with twoo remotes, two nunchucks.

Super Mario Kart Wii
* 2/28, for \5800
* Up to 8-player multiplay
* Bikes, animals also ridable

So I'm guessing EU will have this half a year after JP and NA will have this last. :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Error said:
so... they are remaking SO1 for PSP and PS3/360? that doesnt make any sense.

SO3 was awesome.

PSP gets the short straw again!? Geez its like they want software to keep sucking wind.

And SO3 is awesome

Mandoric

Banned
plank said:
I call fake on this post.

As noted at the top, it's thirdhand, but through one of the big news blogs, so there's enough to speculate on. I'll put this in bold and add verbiage, since people appear to be taking it as either "know true" or "has to be false".

Star Ocean 4: First Departure (PS3, X360) 2008
* Logo, etc. shown.
* SF3-like release schedule; first volume in a set of 3
* 4 pages of logo and character illustrations.
* Volume 2 is "Second Evolution". Volume 3 is "'Til The End Of Time".
* More info first issue of 2008
umm... I think he maybe misread, 'cause that doesn't really make sense.

Hunahan

Banned
Kintaro said:
So...is Star Ocean 4 going to be a trilogy remake of the previous 3 games? That's weird shit.

I'm assuming it's supposed to be artistic in some way to reuse subtitles.

At least, I hope that's all it is.

edit: oh, this isn't even confirmed, just a retreat thread on the rumors? lame.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
it's very un tri-Ace, to remake games anyway (Im sure they are not handling the SO1 PSP remake) *scratches head* Im confused.

killakiz said:
Bomberman (PS3 PSN) wooot
Now that's something I've been waiting to hear. :D

As for Star Ocean 4, I'm just glad it's coming to PS3 at least. :D Although compared to most, I really liked Star Ocean 3 (and all Star Ocean games), so I'm excited.

It's probably the first three Star Ocean games but from an entirely different perspective.
Quick! Somebody name a character who is in all three SO games!
.....okay well shoot.

Dever

Banned
Animals? How the hell do you drift when riding an animal? :p That said, Mario riding an elephant drifting around a corner with blue sparks flying from under it's feet would totally sell me this game.

And holy shit @ new Wii colors bundled with extra controllers. Nintendo doesn't need any games, this will send them safely into 2009. :eek:

zurra

the star ocean news is confusing... but even if it's remakes/alternate universe, i wouldn't mind too much. more rena <3

plank

soul said:

NEWS
* Red, Diamond Black, Mint Blue, Snow Pink, Famicom colors (limited edition set)

Super Mario Kart Wii
* 2/28, for \5800
* Up to 8-player multiplay
* Bikes, animals also ridable

Legend of Zelda: Horrible Pun Training
* Releases 2/7 for \3800
* Packed with Wii Zapper

* Logo, etc. shown.

Also, more info on DMC4, Soul Calibur 4, Guitar Hero 3, Ys Origin (PSP), Bomberman (PS3 PSN), and an interview with Nomura.

REVIEWS
Handhelds:
Doraemon Baseball 6766
Card Hero 9988
The Quiz 5565
The Sports 6446
The Table Game 6655
Future Travel 6676
Pinky Street 4434
Survival Kids 8788
Ochaken 6666
Simple: Mahjong 6555
Simple: Crimson Room 3353
FF4 10899
Haruhi 9999
Patapon 8979
Ippo 7766

Consoles:
GT5P 1010910
Naruto 8888
Power Pro (PS2, Wii both) 9888
Future Travel PS2 7666
Future Travel Wii 6656

FIFA Wii 7776
FIFA (PS3, 360) 8888
Cat and the Magic Hat 6586
Jigsaw Puzzle: Puppy-a-Day 6586
Kiki Kai World 4554
Crazy Climber 4333
Time Crisis 8888

MISC
Next Issue:
* More on DQ5
* Interview with Hino from Level 5

The bold does not seem right.

Is it possible that for SO, they're playing off the whole "simulation" thing in 3 and the game will take place from the opposite perspective? That is, rather than being inside looking out, the game characters will be outside looking in? Maybe, the roam through data and "digital eras" looking for something?

soul

Still dont know what to think of this. I think I'll wait two or three days until this is confirmed.

I hope FFIV's score is real

Mandoric said:
NEWS

* Logo, etc. shown.

Woot! New colors!

And wasn't Star Ocean 4 annouced PS3 only before?

TreIII

Ooo....I likey the new Wii colors idea.

I hope Play-asia stands to get a few themselves, cuz I'd really like a Red Wii to go with my Red DS! :D

Kaako

Felium Defensor
FF4 10899
GT5P 1010910
Ippo 7766
Nice.
Nicer.
Where's the Ippo <3 ?

New colored Wii's will probably sell like hot cakes once they hit shelves with smash.
SO4 news is good. Don't care about multiplatform as long as we get a proper trilogy.

Amir0x

Banned
35000 for a wii with different colors and two remotes/nunchucks!? What a rip! Charging 100 bucks more! The original launched at 25,000, so there's gotta be something other than a extra nunchuck/remote that costs only 60 bucks by itself. Maybe that's the extra charge for the DVD support?

jvalioli said:
35,000 yen? I thought the Wii was less than that in Japan.

With one remote/nunchuk, yes, it goes for something like ¥25,000. If they're packing in another remote & nunchuk, that would put it up to around ¥30,000, so it seems that SSBB may be packed in as well.

Zeed

Banned
Darkman M said:
I put over 80 hours in that game and i still dont know the story.
Trust me, it's better that way.

Also yeah I think someone must have confused SO4 with the PSP remake...or something...

Manaka

Mefisutoferesu said:
Is it possible that for SO, they're playing off the whole "simulation" thing in 3 and the game will take place from the opposite perspective? That is, rather than being inside looking out, the game characters will be outside looking in? Maybe, the roam through data and "digital eras" looking for something?

I'd rather see them trying to make people forget the stupid plot twist, instead of focusing the whole story on it...^^

ghibli99

Damn, if GT5P is already getting a 39/40, guess the full version will receive nothing less than a 40/40.

I need a PS3 for this.

Mandoric

Banned
soul said:
Still dont know what to think of this. I think I'll wait two or three days until this is confirmed.

Normal source normally posts in about 5-6 hours. At that time, I'll post an update.

Jiggy

PepsimanVsJoe said:
It's probably the first three Star Ocean games but from an entirely different perspective.
Quick! Somebody name a character who is in all three SO games!
.....okay well shoot.
Well, there was that one girl boss in the bonus dungeon of SO2 who I know was in SO1 because she referenced it. I don't know if she was in SO3, though.

That said, none of this Star Ocean stuff makes the slightest bit of sense to me. At all. I only know that if they're multiple games and one of them involves Rena either playable or as a character really significant to the story, I think I might have to buy a 360, or if they're a single game and--
...You know what, I don't even understand enough to toss out weird hypotheticals. I just don't get it. :|

Milabrega

Amir0x said:
35000 for a wii with different colors and two remotes/nunchucks!? What a rip! Charging 100 bucks more! The original launched at 25,000, so there's gotta be something other than a extra nunchuck/remote that costs only 60 bucks by itself. Maybe that's the extra charge for the DVD support?

Can we get a new thread to discuss this once it becomes confirmed and not a third hand source?

jvalioli

I assumed the extras were for the Famicom colored limited edition. Maybe the 35,000 and pack ins are only for the Famicom version. Expand on this when you can, Mandoric.

Zenith

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Awesome news !

you realise new colours don't make the game any better? why don't you just spray paint your orginal Wii instead of spending all that money?

gray_fox224

A Famicom colored Wii?!?!?!?!

image.png

God, I got to find a way to get this. *Calls the in-laws in Japan*

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Man, everything we know about Mario Kart Wii - including the pics - all just looks and sounds so disappointing.

They really arent putting out their A game for this title, eh?
They figure they'd go casual and save a buck or two?

I really hope it doesnt come out in Feb and gets a nice sizable delay when they realize it wont wont hold a candle even to MKDS, looks like a shoddy MKDD update.

(I didn't hate MKDD, but it was pretty soulless)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Manaka said:
I'd rather see them trying to make people forget the stupid plot twist, instead of focusing the whole story on it...^^
that'll be stupid, if they acknowledge the plot twist and build upon it, it'll be awesome. the problem with SO3 story was not the plot twist, it was the archaic presentation, fucked up pacing and the not-so-awesome-as-SO1-or-SO2 cast of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom