• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Fake Famitsu News, 12/14 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

You know, one downside to Nintendo putting out new colors for Wii is that, unlike DS, we can't see amusing pictures of people passing time by playing a system while waiting in line to buy a second unit of that very same system.

Nolan.

Amir0x said:
35000 for a wii with different colors and two remotes/nunchucks!? What a rip! Charging 100 bucks more! The original launched at 25,000, so there's gotta be something other than a extra nunchuck/remote that costs only 60 bucks by itself. Maybe that's the extra charge for the DVD support?

Hd wii!, nah just joking probably is dvd.

Amir0x

Banned
John Harker said:
Man, everything we know about Mario Kart Wii - including the pics - all just looks and sounds so disappointing.

They really arent putting out their A game for this title, eh?
They figure they'd go casual and save a buck or two?

I really hope it doesnt come out in Feb and gets a nice sizable delay when they realize it wont wont hold a candle even to MKDS, looks like a shoddy MKDD update.

(I didn't hate MKDD, but it was pretty soulless)

Honestly, it seems to satisfy most "Mario Kart" conditions. It's gonna have online play, lots of courses. Basically the only thing that looks genuinely bad is the visuals, which appear to not even remotely take advantage of the Wii's added power.

I'm tired of Mario Kart games, but I don't see why it'd be disappointing to someone who isn't. Animals and Bikes now will require proper balancing, but if they land that it should be good for those people.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Amir0x said:
Honestly, it seems to satisfy most "Mario Kart" conditions. It's gonna have online play, lots of courses. Basically the only thing that looks genuinely bad is the visuals, which appear to not even remotely take advantage of the Wii's added power.

I'm tired of Mario Kart games, but I don't see why it'd be disappointing to someone who isn't. Animals and Bikes now will require proper balancing, but if they land that it should be good for those people.

I don't want Diddy Kong Racing 2.

I want Mario Kart.

RedBoot

Thinking more about Mario Kart using animals, who the hell would they use? If they dip into DKC for Rambi and co. there'd be a few, but in Mario itself there's not much. I guess you could ride Yoshi or maybe Birdo, but they'd be regular characters themselves.

Hell, Yoshi riding any sort of animal himself just seems wrong.

Manaka

Error said:
that'll be stupid, if they acknowledge the plot twist and build upon it, it'll be awesome. the problem with SO3 story was not the plot twist, it was the archaic presentation, fucked up pacing and the not-so-awesome-as-SO1-or-SO2 cast of characters.

Yeah, I'm probably still bitter about the way the plot-twist was revealed :lol
But since I'm a huge tri-Ace fan I'll remain optimistic about SO4...despite the hate it gets around here I really liked Till the End of Time.

But you could be right..if they implement it good and put way more awesome sci-fi into the story...mmm

jvalioli

Culex said:
If it includes Smash Brothers, that would bring it 35k Yen.
Yeah, that's what we're trying to figure out. I think we'll just have to wait until the normal Famitsu time for clearer details.

sphinx

the piano man
could it be that nintendo is planning to bundle SSBB and/or Mario Kart:Wii with the colored wiis, hence the higher price for it?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Manaka said:
But since I'm a huge tri-Ace fan I'll remain optimistic about SO4...despite the hate it gets around here I really liked Till the End of Time.
christ, me too. omg need SCANS stat.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'd like to believe this info but the SO4 stuff doesn't make sense, isn't it suppose to be a prequel? Why would they remake the rest of the games after the main story? If they were going to remake the rest of the games doesn't it make the PSP remakes kinda pointless?

Grecco

Amir0x said:
35000 for a wii with different colors and two remotes/nunchucks!? What a rip! Charging 100 bucks more! The original launched at 25,000, so there's gotta be something other than a extra nunchuck/remote that costs only 60 bucks by itself. Maybe that's the extra charge for the DVD support?

Famicom color is expensive

Amir0x

Banned
John Harker said:

I want Mario Kart.

Noted, but I don't see why it would impact anything if the end result is 'fun colorful racing.'

I mean, like I said I'm personally tired of Mario Kart games but if that's your thing it doesn't sound offputting what they're announcing.

Grecco said:
Famicom color is expensive

Sarcasm? :lol

ant1532

Banned
John Harker said:

I want Mario Kart.
Heh, I agree 100% with you on this. They usual have some crazy new idea but with this one they are just adding old things together and not really changing much. Kind of disappointing.

Famicom and Mint Blue Wii... Yes please.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Really looking forward to the SO4 scans... 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, 1 was fantastic for the time, 3 I was really disappointed in though :(

dkeane

Amir0x said:
Noted, but I don't see why it would impact anything if the end result is 'fun colorful racing.'
The "tricks" we've heard about worry me more than racing animals. They better not fuck with the sliding. Just give me a pretty Mario Kart DS with better online racing.

Nolan.

jj984jj said:
Edit: DP, sorry. Connection was acting up.

It sounds like this one is a 3 parter seperate from the others. Well at least thats all I can think of. I really don't see what sense it would make to remake first depature for the 360/ps3 if it's coming for psp too.

Holy shit..the GAF already condemed Mario Kart Wii even without a single hands-on...

I agree that graphics need to improve, but blame the rest is pointless.

gray_fox224

HK-47 said:
Yes extremely well...its seems pointless to use the game as a pack in

Even though its pointless from a business standpoint, you have to credit them for adding such a triple A title with the machine. But then again, it's about 10000 yen more.

Grecco

ant1532 said:
Heh, I agree 100% with you on this. They usual have some crazy new idea but with this one they are just adding old things together and not really changing much. Kind of disappointing.

Famicom and Mint Blue Wii... Yes please.

Last time they went "crazy" people hated it.

Error

SO4 will probably take place during the first trilogy, only from a different perspective. at least that's what I think.

ant1532

Banned
Grecco said:
Last time they went "crazy" people hated it.
I really liked it. It was real fun playing multiplayer co-op. Thing is, it needed to be online to get the meat of it, and it didn't deliver there.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'm pretty sure the original article says that SSB is packed in with those new Wiis.

I kinda doubt this news is true. Something tells me Nintendo wouldn't raise the price of the Wii, especially now.

BeeDog

gray_fox224 said:
Anyways, how come no one is commenting on the great scores of GT 5?

PS3 fanboys, where art thou minions?

Everyone already expended their coin credits in the official topic.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
sp0rsk said:
I'm pretty sure the original article says that SSB is packed in with those new Wiis.

I kinda doubt this news is true. Something tells me Nintendo wouldn't raise the price of the Wii, especially now.

Well:

Wii: 25000 yen
Remote: 4500 yen
Nunchuk: 1800 yen
Game: 5000~ yen

Total = ~36000-37000 yen.

Obviously a higher priced bundle, but it's a pretty good deal given that it's obvious that people would buy another wiimote and nunchuk and the game is the whole point of the bundle.

Okay what kind of animals would they characters ride? Cheetahs, Tigers, Lions, and bears oh my? WTF. Motorcycles were enough to change gameplay and make it fresh. We don't need freaken Kangaroos to ride on to make it even more fresh. And where are the WiiFit scores? Has Famitsu still not reviewed that game?

Grecco

ant1532 said:
I really liked it. It was real fun playing multiplayer co-op. Thing is, it needed to be online to get the meat of it, and it didn't deliver there.

Most people did hate it. Got shit canned by reviewers while Mario Kart DS which was rehash central got praised.

This feels like a happy medium imo. Not too cracy but animal trucks and online play sound fun

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Stumpokapow said:
Well:

Wii: 25000 yen
Remote: 4500 yen
Nunchuk: 1800 yen
Game: 5000~ yen

Total = ~36000-37000 yen.

Obviously a higher priced bundle, but it's a pretty good deal given that it's obvious that people would buy another wiimote and nunchuk and the game is the whole point of the bundle.

Yeah, but colors in general have been known to spike sales. And new colors have always come at the same price or lower, never higher.

Nolan.

sp0rsk said:

Yeah it just sounds really odd unless they add something major, and even then.

sp0rsk said:
Yeah, but colors in general have been known to spike sales. And new colors have always come at the same price or lower, never higher.

If the article is true, then this is Nintendo symbolically laughing at Sony and Microsoft while yelling "Look at what we got away with".

edit: oops. redundancies.

Error

Shouta said:
SO4 info sounds like someone misread the Famitsu.
yeah, they probably saw the pictures and logos and went like "oh so SO4 will divided in 3 volumes?"

seems very un tri-Ace thing to me, to release a game in that way. iirc tri-Ace did confirm that SO4 was going to take place before SO1.

Grecco

sp0rsk said:

Its probably just the Famicom bundle thing. Probably a real limited set.... Idoubt the Jet black, Midnight Blue, Bubble gum pink ocean aqua colors are going to be hiked in price

Enk

makes good threads.
Wow Mario Kart is coming out a lot sooner than I expected. I'm pretty amazed on how little we know of Nintendo's later 2008 lineup. Also I hope NOA thinks about releasing an NES theme Wii over here. I don't play the Wii all that often but I'm a sucker for that kind of nostalgia.

Error said:
yeah, they probably saw the pictures and logos and went like "oh so SO4 will divided in 3 volumes?"

seems very un tri-Ace thing to me, to release a game in that way.
It's an HD generation thing. Instead of selling a game for 5800 yen, you split it into three parts and sell each for 5800 yen. Most companies are a bit sneakier about it though. They call them trilogies, or call them families of games, like FFXIII or Blue Dragon.

It's kind of depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom