• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Summer TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just wanted to post that I've been watching Chasing Life on ABC Spark (ABC Family in the US). I wanted to watch something completely different from what I usually watch and I was curious about the premise of the show (early 20's female diagnosed with Leukemia and having to deal with all of that). It doesn't get super dark because it's an ABC Family show after all but I've been enjoying it.

Aren't you watching Longmire? How's the new season?

Yes! My bad, I completely forgot to talk about Longmire.

Straight talk: This is the best season of Longmire yet. This is the season where everyone's lives begin to implode and unravel. The serialization's been kicked up a notch too, and all the actors get a chance to do their best work thus far in the series.

Some spoilers, I'll tag them:

Branch Connelly's descent into madness has been my favourite part of the season. He want from bland pretty-boy cowboy to severely damaged and unhinged paranoid lunatic in the wake of his shooting from last season.

Walt's wife's case has also taken some interesting turns with Henry being put on trial and his and Walt's arch-nemesis getting out of the police custody.

And that whole David Ridges thing was fucked up but cool to see.

- New trailer for Netflix' BoJack Horseman (youtube)
Meet the most beloved sitcom horse of the '90s ... 20 years later. Set in an L.A. where humans and anthropomorphic animal-people coexist, "BoJack Horseman" is about one man (well, horse-man) who peaked too early and must figure out what to do next. Starring Will Arnett, Amy Sedaris, Alison Brie, and Aaron Paul. BoJack Horseman, a Netflix original series, launches on August 22 in all Netflix territories.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I had forgotten about The Honourable Woman until yesterday, but I set it to record.

It's a shame about all this TV content given my new addiction to the PSN release of Rogue Legacy. Can't. Stop. Playing.

- Deadline: TV Trailer: DirecTV’s ‘Kingdom’
The first trailer has dropped for DirecTV’s 10-episode drama series Kingdom. From creator Bryan Belasco and Endemol Studios, Kingdom (previously titled Navy St) takes place in Venice, California, and is set against the backdrop of Mixed Martial Arts. Frank Grillo, Kiele Sanchez, Matt Lauria, Jonathan Tucker, Nick Jonas and Joanna Going star. Kingdom premieres October 8.

Doombear

Rectify - Beautiful and affecting, this has been far and away the best drama of the season.

Just wanted to say thank you for the list. Because of this snip above, I looked into the show. I actually hadn't ever heard of it which surprises the hell out of me. Anyway, about 4 episodes in and I could not agree more. It is beautiful and so very human.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Ehhh. This has been on my radar ever since it was first announced due to its unique premise/setting, but my interest has gone down considerably after watching that trailer. That looked really really rough and reminded me a whole lot of Rogue. (especially with the juvenile "We're a gritty cable drama so we can say "Fuck" every 3 seconds!!!" mentality that it seems to have)

will probably still watch ;___;

Just wanted to say thank you for the list. Because of this snip above, I looked into the show. I actually hadn't ever heard of it which surprises the hell out of me. Anyway, about 4 episodes in and I could not agree more. It is beautiful and so very human.

*high five*

Now it's Cornballer's turn! :p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Seriously. I have enough mediocre tv that I watch each week, so I should just cut some of the fat out of the lineup and watch Rectify.

7FFi9mt.gif

Vert boil

So Garfunkel and Oates started last night,

Really funny, I was expecting the songs to be a little forced but they fit in quite well.

Plus B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S Jeselnik.

8)
8)

TheOddOne

- Variety: Starz Thriller ‘The Missing’ Sets Premiere Date
Starz’s mystery thriller “The Missing” will premiere on Nov. 15 at 9 p.m., the cabler announced Thursday.

The series, starring James Nesbitt, Frances O’Connor and Tcheky Karyo, focuses on the psychological fallout and subsequent manhunt after a couple’s five-year-old disappears while on vacation with them in France in 2006.

The show, which unfolds over two time frames, also looks at how the relationships between the characters are impacted by the child’s disappearance. The limited series will unfold over eight episodes.

The show is directed by Tom Shankland and written by Harry Williams and Jack Williams. New Pictures and Company Pictures co-produced the show in association with Two Brothers Pictures and Playground.

Doombear

Ahhhh, all caught up on Rectify (with the exception of last night's episode) so now I need more shows! Any impressions on The Last Ship? On the surface it looks like the comic The Massive but... probably a bit more 'actiony' and less mysterious. Wary of it. I do have a couple episodes of The Honourable Woman to watch though, hoping that is good. I am also starting Utopia finally.

Rectify seems to be one of those shows that creates a wake of 'nothing is as good as this!' behind it -.-

Vert boil

WTF o'clock,

The second season of Cuckoo started this week and Andy Samberg was replaced by one of the plonkers from Twilight. What a zero.

Vert boil

Wait they replaced Rachel too? WTF indeed!

Yep, that one was equally as strange. I Yahoo!ed after a minute of the ep as something seemed off and I was confronted by news of her and the pretty boy.

They made a joke about the Rachel being different since Cuckoo went AWOL and just from the first episode they seemed to have rewritten her character.

Ricker

Just finished watching season 2 of Rogue...I know there was a thread about this show but I cant find it...anyway it was pretty good,both season are good,they are only 10 episodes a season,I like the moody,dark almost serie noir atmosphere of the show...

Hopefully there's a season 3,considering the way it ended lol...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2397255/

TheOddOne

Just finished watching season 2 of Rogue...I know there was a thread about this show but I cant find it...anyway it was pretty good,both season are good,they are only 10 episodes a season,I like the moody,dark almost serie noir atmosphere of the show...

Hopefully there's a season 3,considering the way it ended lol...
Good news for you: 'Rogue' Renewed by DirecTV for Two Additional Seasons.

Edit: beaten by Corn... Clevinger!

Vert boil

Wait... 33 is a lot and not just the mean amount for telly watching?

The Forever pilot is up on the ABC site.

edit,
Basically an ABC/CW Sherlock Holmes: Medical Examiner show where he's immortal (comes back to life after dying).

The chiquita was a delightful mix of Kristin Kreuk and Angie Harmon.

EW with a new trailer for Transparent.
Transparent, starring Jeffrey Tambor, was created by Jill Soloway, who won the Directing Award at 2013’s Sundance Festival and has written for multiple shows including Six Feet Under and Grey’s Anatomy. Along with Hoffmann, Jay Duplass and Amy Landecker play Mort’s children while Melora Hardin, Carrie Brownstein, and Rob Huebel have supporting roles.

Transparent will be available for streaming on Amazon Prime Sept. 26.
FWIW, it's probably more interesting to go into the pilot without knowing anything about it.

- THR: Netflix's 'Marco Polo' Gets Premiere Date
The streaming service's new original series, about the explorer's adventures in Kublai Khan's court in 13th century China, will be available on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. PT.

The 10-episode drama, created by John Fusco (Young Guns II), stars Italian newcomer Lorenzo Richelmy as Marco and Benedict Wong as Kublai Khan. Beijing-born Zhu Zhu (Cloud Atlas) plays Marco's love interest Kokachin. Joan Chen, Remy Hill, Olivia Cheng, Claudia Kim, Uli Latukefu, Chin Han and Tom Wu round out the cast.

EDIT: EW put up 5 promo shots from the series, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom