• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Xbox One Bundle with Sunset Overdrive confirmed

El_Chino

I don't feel they've upset early adopters at this point as the retail price has only been adjusted $100 from dropping Kinect. $499 console owners still got something for that extra $100. Now an official $100 price drop ($299) under a year after launch especially with a bundle might upset some people. MS is better off bundling stuff (EA Access, free game etc...) instead.

Oh... and we get it. $299 is your price.
Lmao

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This is how I feel too. I was right there with everyone about the controlled leak until E3 happened. It killed just about every E3 surprise.

imagine the megaton of a platinum exclusive if we didn't know about it before that trailer

anybody who sincerely believes, with a straight face, that the leak was controlled is plain crazy

I guess force bundling is the only way this game will sell. There's no hype for this game at all or am I missing something?

There's plenty of interest amongst the more core crowd on forums and stuff. I don't think that's translated to the mainstream yet but then again MS hasn't started the advertising push. It might get rather buried amid all the big Oct. games but it should still do okay. Keep in mind, Insomniac games aren't huge sellers so I doubt MS is expecting huge things out of it.

imagine the megaton of a platinum exclusive if we didn't know about it before that trailer

anybody who sincerely believes, with a straight face, that the leak was controlled is plain crazy

It was pretty megaton like when it was leaked too. I don't know. It's like the Project Beast leak. Yes it would have been a huge surprise but it still got tons of hype and attention when leaked. The ntkrl thread was pretty big. Personally, I think it was a real leak but I don't think people who think otherwise are crazy to do so.

Was he? I thought it was ntkrnl who talked about Project Nagano unless Cboat said it was happening and ntkrnl just gave us the code name.

CBOaT was first. He said a Japanese exclusive was coming and that it was most likely Platinum Games. He also said it wouldn't be released out of Japan, though.

Was he? I thought it was ntkrnl who talked about Project Nagano unless Cboat said it was happening and ntkrnl just gave us the code name.

Cboat mentioned a platinum exclusive ages ago. People asked ntkrl about it and that's when he leaked project Nagano. It's why it wasn't as huge a surprise as it could have been though still big.

Am I crazy for wanting the full Xbox experience with the Kinect, but for 399?

That would make me jump.

Also, while the white model is pretty, I was really expecting a "sunset orange" Sunset Overdrive model (which might also make me jump). PS4 is already releasing the white Destiny model in September… this feels like a missed opportunity to me.

Arc

Holding out for a 1TB version with the size of these installs and since the drive isn't user replaceable. I know I could use an external hdd, but I'd rather have a clean look on my television stand.

DWinn7

That would make me jump.

Also, while the white model is pretty, I was really expecting a "sunset orange" Sunset Overdrive model (which might also make me jump). PS4 is already releasing the white Destiny model in September… this feels like a missed opportunity to me.

A sunset overdrive orange console would be pretty dope. Didn't they give one out at Comic Con?

And now because I waited, I have both the White Xbox One and the White PS4 available to buy

I feel like the prettiest girl at the ball

Azzurri

I have a Launch day X1 sitter here unopened. I dunno if I want to open it or sell it and snag a White one later on.

RoKKeR

Ntkrnl strikes again, insane.

I like the look of the XBO in Black but I'm glad to see this bundle... wonder if it will include the Kinect or not.

phanphare

Banned
hnnnggggg!! that white X1 looks so damn sexy!

it's strange how awful I find the black one to be yet how amazing I think the white one looks

the_champ

Banned
ban-730.jpg

I don't feel they've upset early adopters at this point as the retail price has only been adjusted $100 from dropping Kinect. $499 console owners still got something for that extra $100. Now an official $100 price drop ($299) under a year after launch especially with a bundle might upset some people. MS is better off bundling stuff (EA Access, free game etc...) instead.

Oh... and we get it. $299 is your price.
Damn.. how many times gon keep saying the same thing

Trojan

White console systems give me flashbacks to the only white system I ever had: my red-ringin' XBox 360 that rattled right out of the box.

Never again.

Bgamer90

Banned
I guess force bundling is the only way this game will sell. There's no hype for this game at all or am I missing something?

No. There's a good amount of hype for the game -- game got good praise at E3. Not as hyped as other games though (from already established video game series).

Don't see why you said that.

Shauni

I was thinking of putting off my One purchase until next year, but I may bite on this. Hope the $399.99 price sticks, but I doubt it. I'll hope for just $30 extra.

Pachimari

I have too jump on this white one and get Sunset Overdrive and Halo: Master Chief Collection for it.

I literally have no game for my PS4 but waiting for FIFA 15 to fill out that spot.

Should have made a white one ;) Post a pic then...

I will when I get my new TV to 'complete' the picture, over in the "Show Your Setup 2014" thread. Watch out for it hopefully towards the end of the year!

OT: Didn't Ntkrnl say the controller would be custom in some way other than being white?

Leyasu

Banned
Man that looks nice.... But my set-up is all black!!

After nearly pulling the trigger several times on the titanfall controller, I am so glad I waited. Because that white controller will be mine if sold unbundled

Top Bottom