• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Xbox One Bundle with Sunset Overdrive confirmed

Hmm, looks very sexy indeed. Speaking of which, what happened to ntkrnl?? Would've expected more leaks nowadays or did he go AWOL, due to MS finding out his IP address and stuff?? And I wish the Kinect was white too :(

It was all a marketing ploy! I got my tinfoil hat on

shandy706

Makes me want a second one. I like the white on the X1 a lot.

If the 360 in the living room dies I'll eventually replace it with this.

I'm happy with the black one, I'd only consider a new model if it were slimmed down. I want the controller though, need a second one and that white one looks sweet.

sublimit

Banned
whitexboxone_large_ve7yc1g.jpg

Yeah I think I might buy a white one.

It's really hard to make this thing look attractive.Not even white helps.

meh.. still big ugly and now white
And white tends to make things look bigger.

I think I prefer the black one. The official white promo photo looks nice, but actual photos of the white employee ones look a bit cheap in-situ.

Controller does look very nice though.

Lynn616

At the rate the price's been dropping, would be that surprising if it went down to $299? I don't think it'd be.

Issue is, if it does, Sony can drop the price and nullify it completely. Tough position to be in.

Maybe they are going with attrition warfare. Suck all the profit out of it for Sony.

I can see why people would be upset, but at this point they've probably upset the early adopters enough. Would I be concerned about it? Not much more than I currently am, as we already know it's doing pretty bad (therefore a price cut wouldn't indicate they're doing bad since we already know they are).

So yea, they've upset early adopters enough, why not just go all the way and try to claw back some of the marketshare. $299 with Halo MCC in November and CoD marketing could help them keep the PS4 at bay during the Holidays. Otherwise I don't see them not getting trampled.

I don't feel they've upset early adopters at this point as the retail price has only been adjusted $100 from dropping Kinect. $499 console owners still got something for that extra $100. Now an official $100 price drop ($299) under a year after launch especially with a bundle might upset some people. MS is better off bundling stuff (EA Access, free game etc...) instead.

Oh... and we get it. $299 is your price.

R3TRODYCE

I don't feel they've upset early adopters at this point as the retail price has only been adjusted $100 from dropping Kinect. $499 console owners still got something for that extra $100. Now an official $100 price drop ($299) under a year after launch especially with a bundle might upset some people. MS is better off bundling stuff (EA Access, free game etc...) instead.

Oh man lol

iamjohn

The only thing that sucks about this is that I now have to wait to get my xbox one. I was gonna get it within the next few weeks.

Indeed it is. Waiting for that price point to jump in. Hopefully in the position MS is at, they'll go all out with the deals they'll offer, especially on Black Friday. Not sure if I understand your point, am I suppose to offer a different opinion in each post or something? I don't get how linking multiple posts where I express the same opinion means anything. I don't change it often.

Skele7on

Banned
Erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh well this does suck just a bit but I'm fine with my all black consoles....

The black kinect sucks hard with white anyways.

muzzymate

I've never seen the appeal of the white console but glad others do.

Seeing a real picture of the white may have answered one of my questions: where is the IR receiver that's on the console itself? Looks like behind the on/off button. But that's still a guess.

Kampfheld

Banned

LOL

1361356714191914182.GIF

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Sunset Overdrive and the Halo MCC are the two titles that will drive me to purchase an Xbox One. I hope it has some good black friday deals.

As much as I like the Xbox One in white, I am holding out for the unveiling of a Master Chief Collection X1. That is where Microsoft will finally sucker me in.

Will definitely buy this Day One. I want a white controller and console so bad.

I'll also buy another Xbox One a month later if you release a special Halo edition console, Microsoft. ;D

if it boosted sales 150-200% I don't think they would mind being emotionless towards the early adopters.

Ulumsk

Can't decide if I want this or my "Day One"(LOL!) Edition that I've had preordered for ages. Tier 2 aww yeah...

You mean how MS took a page out of Apple's book with a big controlled leak? No, that would never happen. It was all real man.... 100% insider spillage all over NeoGAF.
I reckon it was an unofficial leak. Mods have said so emphatically, which makes me suspect they heard from Microsoft legal, hence giving the leak legitimacy.

Pain

Banned
I guess force bundling is the only way this game will sell. There's no hype for this game at all or am I missing something?

I guess force bundling is the only way this game will sell. There's no hype for this game at all or am I missing something?
I'm hyped for it and so are others. However, Xbone needs the sales boosts and nothing else is coming out that isn't multiplatform in October.

lol, yes, a controlled leak that has systematically ruined the surprise for all of their announcements this year

get out of here with this nonsense

This is how I feel too. I was right there with everyone about the controlled leak until E3 happened. It killed just about every E3 surprise.

Etnos

Banned
I actually like the looks of the xbone, but that's probably because I'm from the 80's. Looks like a VCR from Blade Runner, the way the future should look like as far as I'm concern.

Wozman23

As a huge Insomniac fan, I really wanted to pull the trigger on a Sunset Overdrive bundle, but the white is very underwhelming. It needs more color and punk flair. Last gen MS was so good at themed consoles.

Etnos

Banned

Stop talking crazy: Is different... Why would gamers support anything that isn't a sci-fi or a moder military shooter?

Top Bottom