• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neiteio

So following the Direct, I was all about Byte & Barq. But then Min Min and Helix started catching my eye, so I was like, "I can main three characters!"

But then I started digging Twintelle, and Spring Man... and then I had renewed appreciation for Mechanica and Ribbon Girl... And now I'm watching the attract reel on the Testpunch, and taking a shining to Kid Cobra and Master Mummy... Tomorrow I'll probably be into Ninjara, lol.

Oh well. Guess I'll main everyone.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I like spring man as he is generic and iconic.

when I think of ARMS I think of him

why the hell I sound like propaganda advert I don't' know.

opricnik

Banned
not even 1 bit surprised twintelle is high on neogaf lol never change gaf.

i voted helix though spring man is pretty close too

Cerium

Is it too late to put Twintelle on the cover instead of Ribbon Girl?

Seems like that would help move more copies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Twintelle's got dat recency bias, but she's so JoJo. It's great!

I think Twintelle is basically enjoying the new positivity buzz from the direct giving the game much more popular and that fact she genuinely seems to be a mre popular than minmin ws at her announcement, though minmin really start the ball running in terms of fanart etc.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Is it too late to put Twintelle on the cover instead of Ribbon Girl?

Seems like that would help move more copies.

I mean that's like replacing tracer with D.Va if the game is genuinely popular it won't have too much of a difference either way. If not then yeah it would though Nintendo probably wouldn't be happy with the sales.

TLZ

Banned
I don't know how to word it, but I I find Twintelle somewhat repulsive, I don't know if it's the way her hair moves in relation to her body, I find it disoriented.

giphy.gif

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Voted for Byte and Bark, but I understand the love for Twintelle and Minmin.

Shahadan

I found Twintelle interesting at first because of her hair-arms and the bitchy starlette attitude, but people have basically reduced her to an ass in my mind now and I'm already sick of hearing about her bottom.

I'll give Kid Cobra a chance instead I guess.

cuate

Banned
I found Twintelle interesting at first because of her hair-arms and the bitchy starlette attitude, but people have basically reduced her to an ass in my mind now and I'm already sick of hearing about her bottom.

I'll give Kid Cobra a chance instead I guess.

you can blame nintendo for that, i guess.

LotusHD

Banned
I think Twintelle is basically enjoying the new positivity buzz from the direct giving the game much more popular and that fact she genuinely seems to be a mre popular than minmin ws at her announcement, though minmin really start the ball running in terms of fanart etc.

I like how Min Min is still the most popular of the ARMS characters revealed before the direct, if we go off of the YouTube views for the characters' respective trailers.

If she got revealed at the Direct, wonder how things would've​ went.

you can blame nintendo for that, i guess.

Those damn girl fetishists strike again!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
what? i dont get what you're talking about. im just saying that twintelle sexual pandery design is not exactly ambigous or unclear. i dont think sexualized female characters are evil or anything.
but personally im just a bit tired of them. if people like them thats fine, i just wish it didnt derail threads so much every time a half way attractive/sexualized character is posted.
She's not pandering though, which is my point. She might be sexual, but her design has sense in the game.

cuate

Banned
She's not pandering though, which is my point. She might be sexual, but her design has sense in the game.

yeah you are right. i think i wrote that wrong, her design isn't the "issue"(as it were) but more her body proportions/ass that seem sexualized. i think it's why that part of her body gets far more attention from fans than any other aspect of her character.

Mista Koo

I have a feeling Mechanica would be 10x more popular if they showed her out of her suit in-game. Like someone said, she's like DVA x Tracer.
I don't know, I like to think that her kid-like proportions will decrease her chances of being waifud. At least outside Japan.

Personally I think her suit looks too dopey. I like Tron Bonne's and Baby Head's much better.

wildfire

Banned
54nW7Bb.png
Twintelle trailer has 10 times the views of the older character trailers, and 2-3 times the views for the new chars (Kid Cobra and Byte & Barq)

Kid Cobra is on the verge of being great but his design nags me on some level. Whatever hang up I have other people don't.

sanstesy

Complaining about one character having a big ass is like saying you don't like that one girl in class who has big breasts. Your issue shouldn't be with the character design/person's body but the fetishization of body parts by human beings. And that will never not change for obvious reasons.

This would be an issue if that was the case for every character but it clearly isn't - it's the opposite. You may as well say every single character in video games should have a small ass and small breasts just because.

NEO0MJ

yeah you are right. i think i wrote that wrong, her design isn't the "issue"(as it were) but more her body proportions/ass that seem sexualized. i think it's why that part of her body gets far more attention from fans than any other aspect of her character.

It's not an issue with her I feel. Aside from being an older women she actually has a pretty strong build (not a stick figure) and her bust is no larger than any other female character in the game. She's one of those cases where it's OK to have character with an attractive build because she's the only one like that. It's not like SF V where almost all the female characters happen to be buxom fighters who chose to go out in scantily clad and/or in skin-tight outfits.

LotusHD

Banned
She loses the Grand Prix and her Ramen Shop gets shut down. In jealous of Twintelles movie stardom she threatens to start the ARMageddon.

Damn.

I've said all this in another thread, but the thing is, plenty of women like this actually exist, big butts and all. Bonus points for her having actual muscle which is actually refreshing. (Feels like a trend is starting coming off of Urbosa lol) And if we take into account that she's a A-list movie star, then it makes even more sense. So whenever I see you complaining about her, it comes off as you acting like a girl should never have an ass of any kind in a game. When the reality of the situation is: The internet is doing its thing with Twintelle, and that is upsetting you.

Like, there really should be no issue with giving a girl an ass. Well, ideally there shouldn't be anyways, clearly. Even moreso when:

1. The rest of the cast differs from her. If Twintelle was their only female character, maybe you'd have a stronger point. Or if the rest of the female characters had similar "assets".

2. She's not scantily clad, has a boob window, or some other embarrassing aspect to her design where it'd be easy to say it's genuinely inappropriate.

I dunno, from my point of view, Twintelle is basically a good example of how to make a character that's clearly meant to be seen as attractive. It's like a cartoon version of Nadine or Chloe from Uncharted. Clearly appealing, but completely tasteful when all is said and done.

That being said, the Internet... is the Internet, so they are going to do their thing with a character like her.

Kid Cobra is on the verge of being great but his design nags me on some level. Whatever hang up I have other people don't.

It's the face for me. Like as soon as I see his face, I get annoyed.

febLey

Where's the "ARMS has developed quite a fan art following...."-Thread?

Just googled some of those characters and there's already a lot.

EDIT: nvm, found it.

cuate

Banned
i dont really thinks it's an issue either, it's just a bit tiring when that single aspect of her character becomes the dominant characteristic/identifier to fans. and i think nintendo egging on those traits isn't really helping much.
oh and the fact that it's bit cliched/tropy for female characters to have big butts.i don't think a big butt is really necessary in order to convey sexiness/atractiveness.

Yado

i dont really thinks it's an issue either, it's just a bit tiring when that single aspect of her character becomes the dominant characteristic/identifier to fans. and i think nintendo egging on those traits isn't really helping much.
oh and the fact that it's bit cliched/tropy for female characters to have big butts.i don't think a big butt is really necessary in order to convey sexiness/atractiveness.

She doesn't have a big butt, her pants are just tight.

Golnei

How can you sincerely attempt to police ass sizes? The industry is still dominated by bust-first appeals to eroticism - this isn't anywhere near as overplayed as you're positioning it to be.

Especially since the design as a whole is attractive without being offputting (not that more overt cheesecake is inherently bad in any way, but it does run the risk of making a work more niche as it becomes more blatant), a standout example of something that can appeal to multiple markets.

It's bizarre that you're considering the idea that some people might find a design appealing to be a creative sin.

cuate

Banned
How can you sincerely attempt to police ass sizes? The industry is still dominated by bust-first appeals to eroticism - this isn't anywhere near as overplayed as you're positioning it to be.

Especially since the design as a whole is attractive without being offputting (not that more overt cheesecake is inherently bad in any way, but it does run the risk of making a work more niche as it becomes more blatant), a standout example of something that can appeal to multiple markets.

It's bizarre that you're considering the idea that some people might find a design appealing to be a creative sin.

oh fuck off already. im not policing shit, just stating my opinion.

LotusHD

Banned
She doesn't have a big butt, her pants are just tight.

Okay, let's not lie now...

Anyways, it just comes back to this:

Complaining about one character having a big ass is like saying you don't like that one girl in class who has big breasts. Your issue shouldn't be with the character design/person's body but the fetishization of body parts by human beings. And that will never not change for obvious reasons.

This would be an issue if that was the case for every character but it clearly isn't - it's the opposite. You may as well say every single character in video games should have a small ass and small breasts just because.

Short and to the point, not much more to say.

I don't know, I like to think that her kid-like proportions will decrease her chances of being waifud. At least outside Japan.

It's kind of a myth that Japan uniquely has a lolicon problem. Marie Rose is the most popular Dead or Alive character in all regions. Americans and Europeans love her just as much as Japan does.

Top Bottom