• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Adder

Banned
yeah let's stop discussing and talking about things.

All you've done in every ARMS topic is post hottakes and insult anyone who disagrees with your simple opinions.

On the subject of opinions:

Master Mummy. I like my bruisers and I like his design. Mechanical is probably #2, though I have no interest in playing her.

cuate

Banned
All you've done in every ARMS topic is post hottakes and insult anyone who disagrees with your simple opinions.

no. i only have insulted people who were being snarky or condescending toward me."simple opinions" ha, what a pretentious asshat.

LotusHD

Banned
I can't believe everyone is over Ribbon Girl already. Perverts and degenerates, cuate is right. Ribbon Girl is "thicc" where it counts most: her morals.

Bruh, people been "over" Ribbon Girl since Min Min showed up. Hell, I don't even ever really recall people caring about her to that extent to begin with.

SalvaPot

sale cuate!

So it is x), gotta love Chabelo.

Anyway, sexualization is about context and you have to take into account why Twintelle has this body type in ARMS, and not why most female characters have a sexy body in videogames and media.

Twintelle is a movie star, with a body clearly inspired with a movie star body. And movie stars usually have hot bodies. It goes both ways, too, with men too, otherwise why would Chris Pratt would bother doing this:

Chris_pratt_before_and_after.png

The conversation has merit, sure, but again, Twintelle is a bad example of sexualization in video games.

Yado

um what

Please show me an athletic young woman with an ass like that. The only comparative ass that comes to mind is Nicki Manaj's or Kim Kardashian's, both of which are definitely not athletes, but celebrities.

The fact that you would compare her butt to two of the biggest, comically proportioned, surgically enhanced, diaper shaped butts in the entertainment industry proves my point about the overreactions. Twintelle looks like a well proportioned woman who does her squats, she won't be making that clap any time soon.

cuate

Banned
So it is x), gotta love Chabelo.

Anyway, sexualization is about context and you have to take into account why Twintelle has this body type in ARMS, and not why most female characters have a sexy body in videogames and media.

Twintelle is a movie star, with a body clearly inspired with a movie star body. And movie stars usually have hot bodies. It goes both ways, too, with men too, otherwise why would Chris Pratt would bother doing this:

Chris_pratt_before_and_after.png

The conversation has merit, sure, but again, Twintelle is a bad example of sexualization in video games.

right, i think it makes sense in twintelle case, what with being a celebrity, however too often females are very sexualized and have outrageous proportions in innapropiate contexts. wich seems a bit of a double standard as males are generally represented very fairly and according to the situation.

LotusHD

Banned
right, i think it makes sense in twintelle case, what with being a celebrity, however too often females are very sexualized and have outrageous proportions in innapropiate contexts. wich seems a bit of a double standard as males are generally represented very fairly and according to the situation.

If you agree that it makes sense, and that she does not have exaggerated proportions, then why'd you call her out for so long to begin with lol

The rest of your post is spot-on, but like people were saying all this time, Twintelle is a bad example to use. (Also saying females as a noun is weird imo)

SalvaPot

That I can agree with, its a big problem present in a lot of games and society in general. As I said, it is a worthy discussion, mostly I didn't agree it applied to ARMS and Twintelle in particular.

cuate

Banned
If you agree that it makes sense, and that she does not have exaggerated proportions, then why'd you call her out for so long to begin with lol

The rest of your post is spot-on, but like people were saying all this time, Twintelle is a bad example to use. (Also saying females as a noun is weird imo)

i..wasn't? i was only saying that her proportions are, in my opinion, on the sexualized side, and thus the contant focus on her "booty" by fans and seemingly nintendo's marketing department.

Arkeband

Banned
Twintelle is a stupid design if only because those aren't her ARMS.

I mean, it's kind of the title of the game, otherwise it'd be called LEGS or LIMBS or EXTREMITIES.

i..wasn't? i was only saying that her proportions are, in my opinion, on the sexualized side, and thus the contant focus on her "booty" by fans and seemingly nintendo's marketing department.

So she doesn't have exaggerated proportions, but they're still sexualized proportions for some reason?

Da-Kid

I like Spring Man because he out of all the characters he reminds me of something that artistically, aesthetically, and conceptually came from the mind of Osamu Tezuka. Creator of Astro Boy.

06f7a59830c490e4fa00c8bc00be61f2.png

tezukastars.jpg

ea7.jpg

LotusHD

Banned

I mean, I'm looking at the last page, and... Sigh, never mind.

I mean, it's kind of the title of the game, otherwise it'd be called LEGS or LIMBS or EXTREMITIES.

I mean, it's not like Mechanica is using her real arms either. It's not really a big deal.

I voted Min Min because her outfit is more interesting than Twintelle's. It has a more standout color and Twintelle's seems very typical, black tights and a white top. I think the dragon/ramen/kung-fu is pretty unique for Min-Min. Though Twintelle does have human arms which is a plus.

Kusagari

Don't worry Ribbon Girl lovers.

I'm sure she'll be the most popular character in Japan considering their universally terrible taste in waifus.

Camjo-Z

Noodles are the best, no doubt, can't deny
Taste better then Twintelle but don't ask me why

Byte and Barq are pretty awesome too though, a close second for me.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Don't worry Ribbon Girl lovers.

I'm sure she'll be the most popular character in Japan considering their universally terrible taste in waifus.

Judging by fanart in places like pixiv I'm pretty sure minmin or twintelle are more popular their too though mechanica seems more popular in general over their last time I checked polls and fanart wise.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also Twintelle is surprisingly still big bodied, so despite being a star she could still be very well working out. As someone said she surprisingly has big shoulders and arms too.

The Adder

Banned

We saw in the opening that while, for humans, whatever it is that causes the mutation generally applies to the arms, it can also occur in other body parts (the cat whose midsection was extendable). They're called capital A Arms regardless.

I like Spring Man because he out of all the characters he reminds me of something that artistically, aesthetically, and conceptually came from the mind of Osamu Tezuka. Creator of Astro Boy.

06f7a59830c490e4fa00c8bc00be61f2.png

tezukastars.jpg

ea7.jpg

Yup, this is exactly why i voted for him.

Why do you keep insulting people when you dont get away with your opinion.
In fact why hasn't he been banned still for insulting, people have been banned for the same type of responses without even having to insult multiple times in multiple threads.

EDIT: lol I talked too soon.

NotLiquid

Mechanica is gonna be the sleeper hit in terms of wide appeal.

She reminds me of a Disney character.

Mechanica would be the protagonist of an ARMS anime if it existed and probably childhood friends with Minmin. Spring Man would be the deuteragonist/mentor. Also, Mechanica would be #TeamRibbonGirl, who has a fierce rivalry with Twintelle.

She kinda of defeats the purpose of the game Lol.

It should be called HAIRS.

7ggUQWj.png

v1JC3Qy.png

Lore wise, the ARMS ability isn't really limited to just "arms." It just happens to occur primarily to arms. https://youtu.be/hY2_Xu3f8Bc?t=26s

You can also see creepy boss head in the background of the first pic.

DylanEno

Mechanica would be the protagonist of an ARMS anime if it existed and probably childhood friends with Minmin. Spring Man would be the deuteragonist/mentor. Also, Mechanica would be #TeamRibbonGirl, who has a fierce rivalry with Twintelle.

I'd watch the hell out of this.

partime

The games characters look incredible! Their so unique.

I wasn't thinking about picking this up, geez I just purchased an expensive bloated switch.

Infinite

I can't believe everyone is over Ribbon Girl already. Perverts and degenerates, cuate is right. Ribbon Girl is "thicc" where it counts most: her morals.
Thoughtful
Honest
Intelligent
Compassionate
Caring

Damn right that's ribbon girl

Not enough Mechanica love in this thread though. An Arms otaku who makes a robotic suit so she can be an arms fighter herself? Come on now.

Infinite

I know we barely have any sort information on these charactersdeeper personality traits beyond character introductions and short backstory. It seems to be a massive amount of projection.
I wasn't even being serious I just like the character design lol relax

Top Bottom