• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wizards of the Coast settles with Cryptozoic/Hex

Ryuukan

Today Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) and publisher of the strategy trading card game Magic: The Gathering®, and Cryptozoic Entertainment, LLC and Hex Entertainment, LLC, have resolved a litigation filed in May of last year claiming willful infringement of intellectual property rights arising from the digital trading card game, Hex: Shards of Fate®. The parties have entered into a settlement agreement and license with undisclosed terms.

Press release

OT of the latest HexTCG expansion

I watched that game once and it is pretty straightforward IP theft.borrow. Like I could name many of the cards.

Not that I care if WoTC can't be bothered to make a decent client all the power to developers.

Ryuukan

I watched that game once and it is pretty straightforward IP theft.borrow. Like I could name many of the cards.

Not that I care if WoTC can't be bothered to make a decent client all the power to developers.

There are some similar cards in the very first set. Sets 2&3 are far more unique and show off the digital development space better.

The world deserves a card game that's not made in the stone age

There are some similar cards in the very first set. Sets 2&3 are far more unique and show off the digital development space better.

I don't disagree I'm just saying I'm not particularly surprised about the lawsuit and the settlement.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Haha. I looked at a gameplay video and it seems to borrow pretty much from Magic & Hearthstone which isn't a bad thing. I mean how unique can the setup of TCG's really be? As someone mentioned, how long has WoTC had to get their shit together in regards to Magic the Gathering: Online? The client STILL looks like garbage after all these years. I swear it reminds me of one of those old Yahoo Games! lobbies where you played card games.

This thing is free to download so it's worth a shot so. . .hurray for free advertising.

Fularu

Banned

We already got Hearthstone though :p

Aselith

Well that's good. Hopefully that makes people a little more confident in the future of the game instead of taking the wait and see before they buy in like some people were saying.

Top Bottom