• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin Discussion: Week of May 22th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eminem said:
I've been out of town the last two Mondays, and from what I've read, they appear to have been very good shows.

God damnit.

You didn't miss much. The second hours of both shows were terrible, the ECW stuff hasn't been that exciting, and the DX stuff hasn't progressed that far.

The DX gifs in the threads have been more entertaining. Oh well, both angles will move closer toward their payoffs in the next few weeks.

Alex Anderson said:
You didn't miss much. The second hours of both shows were terrible, the ECW stuff hasn't been that exciting, and the DX stuff hasn't progressed that far.

The DX gifs in the threads have been more entertaining. Oh well, both angles will move closer toward their payoffs in the next few weeks.

Hot shot, short term booking for the loss.

The ECW thing is something the should have been working on for a couple months now, not weeks.

Oh, more on Buckwheat...er Jordan.
Details On Orlando Jordan’s Firing & Heat With Vince
Date Added: May 26, 2006
Story By: Tim Brown
PWInsider reports that the release of Orlando Jordan had been expected by some within the company before WWE.com made it official this afternoon.

Jordan was scheduled to wrestle Tatanka at this week’s Smackdown tapings in California, but was pulled out of a pre-show meeting and sent from the building by WWE management. Apparently Jordan had extremely upset WWE officials, including Vince McMahon, for having an unauthorized person with him on the road and backstage at events.

So vince wasn't hapy that Buckwheat brought his boyfriend along?

DMczaf

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/preview/

"As first reported by WWE's mobile service, Mr. McMahon will announce a new RAW General Manager Monday night right at 9 p.m. ET.

Also this week on RAW, Triple H goes one on one with Kenny of the Spirit Squad. This comes just one week after The Game laid out the Spirit Squad on RAW after Kenny grabbed Triple H's sledgehammer right from his hands.

Last week on RAW, Paul Heyman introduced Mick Foley & Edge to their ECW One Night Stand opponents - Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk. This week, Heyman and Foley will face off on RAW.

For all this and more, watch RAW Monday night at 9/8 CT on the USA network. "

I hope its Ahmed Johnson

20050925155501-0.jpg

DMczaf said:
"According to WWE's text message service, a new Raw General Manager will be announced on Monday"

I hope its Ahmed Johnson

20050925155501-0.jpg

wow, that's a "rape time" picture if I've ever seen one!
As for GM, my money is on Dusty Rhodes.

Hay guys, Dusty Rhodes has a DVD coming out soon, and for some reason the GM search took like 3-4 fucking months before coming to a conclusion near that DVD's release date.

It's not hard to figure out.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Hay guys, Dusty Rhodes has a DVD coming out soon, and for some reason the GM search took like 3-4 fucking months before coming to a conclusion near that DVD's release date.

It's not hard to figure out.

Hurray for GM JabberJaw!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
nice storyline by WWE with the Henry/Benoit angle....remember, it was Benoit who put Mark Henry out of action for a long time on Raw back in 02/03

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
:lol anyone notice when Finley was walking backstage, you could clearly see Heyman talking to Angle. Angle in ECW = death

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
jobber said:
:lol anyone notice when Finley was walking backstage, you could clearly see Heyman talking to Angle. Angle in ECW = death
I honestly dont think so, based on these comments by vince:

“We will bring forward many of the more legendary characters of ECW’s past,” said McMahon regarding today’s ECW. “But it can’t be the same. That’s pretty much impossible. It’s now five years later. A lot of the performers now have five more years under their belt, and the ECW style has taken a great deal out of them. This is something that the ECW audience already realizes. They know that if ECW was still in business today, they would be very different from what they were five years ago.”

While the re-launched ECW will undoubtedly be different from the original ECW, McMahon is adamant that the brand will not stop pushing the envelope, nor will it be like the already successful WWE brands SmackDown and RAW.

“It will be an alternative, there’s no doubt about that,” claimed the WWE Chairman. “It won’t be shot the same way we shoot SmackDown or RAW. It’ll have a different feel. It will be more gritty. There will also be more imagination put into concepts and characters. But at the same time, there will need to be a delicate balance because there are three masters to serve. There’s the small, vocal ECW audience. Then there’s the SCI FI audience that is accustomed to things more SCI FI. And obviously, you have to also be true to our broader audience in terms of what sports-entertainment is today.”

With so much of the vision of the new ECW brand already mapped out, many wonder what took WWE so long to re-launch the brand. According to McMahon, it was all about timing.

“Over the last several years, we have been busy re-establishing the concept of ECW without it having to be its own brand,” said McMahon. “Now, with the success of The Rise and Fall of ECW DVD and the success of last year’s One Night Stand pay-per-view, it just seemed right. And it feels like this year’s One Night Stand pay-per-view will be a launch to re-establish the brand.”

So with the launch of the re-established brand right around the corner, will former ECW head Paul Heyman have a role? “Absolutely,” exclaimed McMahon. “But at the end of the day, Mr. McMahon is in charge.”

Sounds like it might be toned down a tad, to protect talent now that it will be at a mainstream level.

Nameless said:
I guess we'll see...

Oh and LMFAO the Sci-Fi Channel Purist vs. ECW fans debating thats going on over at the Sci fi channel boards.:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh i was just reading that, makes for funny entertainment there.

im sorry but a person devoted to watching the "sci fi" channel should be the last person throwing stones at other peoples "entertainment" *snicker*

and why the fuck do half the sci fi users have wolves in their avatars?

.....................nevermind.....i dont think i want to know........

oh here is the thread guys, cmon lets laff at the trekkies
http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1851740&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

furpileLOL.jpg

Keyser Soze said:
I dont think it's Dusty... New GM is JBL as he "left" SD last night...

JBL is going to Raw to wrestle. He's gone on record to say that there'sa few people he wants to work with before he ritires this year. He wants to work with HHH, Michaels and Edge namely.

Dusty's a contracted on-air talent(as well as booking committee), but yet they haven't used him yet.

Guzim said:
Wait, JBL left Smackdown? So the top heels on Smackdown are Mark Henry and the Great Khali?

Yep.
He was "fired" on air for losing his temper to Teddy Long. He was then put into a match with Rey and if he lost... he was fired. Well, he lost.

So off to RAW he goes. Maybe he'll find a gym and some slim-fast on the way.

Matlock

Banned
"Meltzer reports that it is very likley Chris Masters will be taken off the road for an indefinite period of time for drug related issues."

YOU DON'T SAY

Kenobi

Matlock said:
"Meltzer reports that it is very likley Chris Masters will be taken off the road for an indefinite period of time for drug related issues."

YOU DON'T SAY

Wasn't he already shrinking or something? I swear his physic was going the way of Kurt Angle.

bjork

Outcast2004 said:
Yep.
He was "fired" on air for losing his temper to Teddy Long. He was then put into a match with Rey and if he lost... he was fired. Well, he lost.

So off to RAW he goes. Maybe he'll find a gym and some slim-fast on the way.

Seriously. I haven't watched much SD lately, but I caught that JBL match last night and he just looked dumpy as hell. With tits!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Matlock said:

YOU DON'T SAY

Well, there was a rumor of him using, "non-body enhancing" drugs as well.

pilonv1

DMczaf said:
More DX updates

"-- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there has definitely been talk of reforming DX within WWE for a while now, consisting of HHH, Michaels, and another wrestler they are hoping to get over with fans through his association with DX."

The latest WON actually says it's only going to be a short term deal with no extra persons. I think 90% of rumours associated to Dave~! are fake.

Also it just says Masters is going off the road, but no reason is given. Of course you can draw your own conclusions there. :lol And Joey Mercury seems to be the first named victim of the wellness policy, he's off to rehab.

bjork

Has there been any news on the Warrior's lawsuit over the WWE DVD?

Also, why doesn't WWE do retro superstar shirts, if they're signed as legends?

Christopher

I will not die! haha well ok bish fair game as I never dropped the f bomb before and I didn't know it was a bannable offence.

Ok guys I return bairing news:

-Another reason to add to the MNM breakup, along with the heat on Melina & Nitro and Vince McMahon's desire for more midcarders on RAW, is that Joey Mercury is being sent to drug rehab and will be out of action indefinitely. Mercury was said to be the 'glue' of the team, laying out most spots in the matches due to Nitro's relative inexperience.

-There are expectations that Chris Masters will be taking an indefinite hiatus in the near future as well. Meltz said the only reason he was given from his sources was "your first guess would be the correct guess" (drug-related).

-JBL's steadily increasing flabbiness is not due to the drugs policy, but because his back is in terrible shape from the bumps he has been taking throughout his main event run and he can barely train as a result. Its likely he will be out from anywhere between six weeks and three months with chronic back and knee problems.

Christopher

:lol only DM....only DM.

I missed you guys :(.

Anyway what did you guys think of Smackdown, thank god it wasn't on Friday as I went out but it was on tonight and I can say for once I enjoyed Smackdown more than RAW. I just thought the show overall produced and was more enjoyable to watch...I'm actually growing on Henry as well, they really are making him out to be some dominant force to be reckoned with.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
DMczaf said:
Heh, yeah, Edge hasn't changed one bit since the day he debuted, physically.

It's scary how much Angle has changed in less than a decade.

And not just his looks, but his voice sounds a LOT different now than it used to.

He's completely changed physically.

another report on the dopers of WWE...

Victims Of WWE Drug Testing Revealed
Date Added: May 27, 2006
Story By: Steve Carrier
Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Effective immediately, Joey Mercury has been sent to drug rehab and he will be out of action indefinitely. This is one of the major factors as to why MNM parted ways. Also, Mercury was said to be the “glue” of the team, and he basically was the point man in regards to laying out most of their matches.

Chris Masters is also another possible culprit of WWE’s drug testing. Its being said that there is a good chance that Masters will be taken off the road for an indefinite period of time. There is no specific reason as to why he may be taken off the road, however, it was said that "your first guess would be the correct guess."

DarienA said:
ECW is gonna be on the sci fi channel? Uh ok.....

Looking at all the stations in the NBC/Universal portfolio, it's really the only one they could put it on if:

1. They didn't want it on USA, and I assume that SciFi has more of a male audience. Could you imagine ECW following Queer Eye on Bravo?

2. And they wanted it to be on at a decent time.

Considering NBC/Universal has an HD channel (and the CW), I really wish Vinnie Mac would jump on the HD bandwagon.

Bowser

mightynine said:
Looking at all the stations in the NBC/Universal portfolio, it's really the only one they could put it on if:

1. They didn't want it on USA, and I assume that SciFi has more of a male audience. Could you imagine ECW following Queer Eye on Bravo?

2. And they wanted it to be on at a decent time.

Considering NBC/Universal has an HD channel (and the CW), I really wish Vinnie Mac would jump on the HD bandwagon.

WWE wanted it to be on USA, but I think they couldn't get a decent time slot so they went with Sci Fi.

bjork said:
Has there been any news on the Warrior's lawsuit over the WWE DVD?

Also, why doesn't WWE do retro superstar shirts, if they're signed as legends?

...they do actually.

They just started re-releasing older "Attitude Era" shirts. Hot Topic used to have quite the selection of them.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Guzim said:
Wait, JBL left Smackdown? So the top heels on Smackdown are Mark Henry and the Great Khali?

There was a promo on Smackdown stating Kennedy's return...he deserves that push. Though I think they will give Booker the main push so him and Orton will be the top heels with Henry, Finlay, and Kennedy being on the midcard. But you could switch Orton and Henry or Orton and Kennedy around, depending on how they want to take Orton's suspension.

Add this to the WTF! Category...
*WWE is jacking up the prices of their PPV's yet again. Starting with ECW's One Night Stand II each WWE PPV will be 39.95 instead of the typical 34.95. WWE has made no mention of this anywhere on their website, but if you go to your Direct TV or digital cable box and pull up the PPV you will see the price listed as 39.95.

So.... their PPVs buys were in adecline... so instead of improving th eproduct they just raise the price? Yep...that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom