• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE announces 205 Live : Live Weekly Cruiserweight Series on WWE Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

20161101_WWE205--58b2b5c37a088e8c779a8b6b09e2dafc.jpg

STAMFORD, Conn. — A one-hour, in-ring program called 205 Live, showcasing WWE’s new Cruiserweight division, will premiere Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 10 p.m. ET, exclusively on WWE Network. The live weekly show will be called by Mauro Ranallo, the voice of SmackDown LIVE, and Corey Graves, color commentator for Monday Night Raw.

Coming off the success of WWE Network’s recent Cruiserweight Classic tournament and the formation of the new Cruiserweight division, which airs exclusively on Monday Night Raw, 205 Live will feature Superstars that are 205 pounds and under, including: new WWE Cruiserweight Champion The Brian Kendrick, as well as TJ Perkins, Rich Swann, Noam Dar, HoHo Lun, Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado, Gran Metallik, Tozawa, Jack Gallagher, Gurv Sihra and Harv Sihra.

“205 Live is a natural progression to showcase the depth of our roster,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “With world-class talent such as Brian Kendrick, TJ Perkins, and Rich Swann, 205 Live will be a must-see program on WWE Network.”

“With the addition of 205 Live to an already robust programming schedule, WWE continues to enhance the value of WWE Network for our subscribers,” said Michelle Wilson, WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer. “We take pride in listening to our fans and delivering even more live, premium content that they are asking for.”

Thank god, these guys were floundering on Raw. With this being Tuesday nights, I assume it will be taped after Smackdown Live is taped. I just wish they kept Bryan in favor of adding Graves to Mauro. Still, this can only be a good thing. I just hope it has it's own storylines and everything and isn't just another Superstars.

http://www.wwe.com/article/205-live-premieres-nov-29-on-wwe-network?sf40786623=1

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
The big news there is the commentary team of Ronallo and Graves. I was ready to shit on it, but will probably watch for that alone.

Don't like the name of the show but any way to give the Cruiserweights more screen time is good with me. I always felt like RAW was the worst show to put them on.

Toki767

There is going to be such a disconnect between the way the Cruiserweights are booked on Raw and the way they're booked on here.

They need to do something to get these guys more over with the main RAW audience, im just not sure giving them a separate Network show will do the trick.

Also TJ Perkins' dabbing should be added to the banned moves list.

Cagey

Banned
Come one come all, come see small, unimpressive looking wrestlers wrestle in the same style (but worse!) as larger, more athletic, more physically imposing people do.

At least it's being relegated to its own show to avoid the direct comp and won't be forced to follow up and thus look like a clearly inferior version of Rollins/Owens matches, as one example.

This sounds great. Kudos to WWE for introducing it.

I wonder if some of these guys will move between the main programming as well. Rey Mysterio's billed weight was 175lbs, putting him firmly as a cruiserweight, but by the early-to-mid 2000s he was a headliner.

PartyChan

i can see them doing it live for the first month or so or they could always tape prior to smackdown and just say it's "live."

wondering if this is going to replace talking smack. i hope not.

Kaladin

i can see them doing it live for the first month or so or they could always tape prior to smackdown and just say it's "live."

wondering if this is going to replace talking smack. i hope not.

I assume Talking Smack will air after 205 Live at 11pm.

bigkrev

So the Crusierweights are going on after Smackdown, and I guess this means Talking Smack is dead?

Not a fan.

Kaladin

Apparently Talking Smack will be taped while 205 Live is being filmed, which would explain why they went with Graves over Bryan on commentary.

Raw64life

Is this actually gonna be Live? Are they gonna be at Full Sail or touring with the Smackdown crew? I could see the latter being a disaster with all the people that would likely leave after Smackdown ended.

Kaladin

Additional information and confirmation of some things from pwinsider:

World Wrestling Entertainment announced this afternoon that they will debut a new weekly Cruiserweight series titled "205 Live" on Tuesdays at 10 PM Eastern on the WWE Network. The title of the series is a play off the weight limit for the CWC.

The series will debut on Tuesday 11/29. PWInsider.com has confirmed that the plan is for the series to broadcast live on the Network after Smackdown Live goes off the air on the USA Network. "Talking Smack" would follow the Cruiserweight series at 11 PM Eastern.

Unlike the CWC, which was taped at Full Sail Live, "205 Live" will be broadcast live from that week's Smackdown taping, which means that the Cruisers will be working both Raw and Smackdown tapings going forward, making them the only talents to do that on a weekly basis, post-brand split.

It is possible they could tape the Cruiser series before they broadcast Smackdown, but everything we have heard thus far is that the plan is to have a live Cruiser broadcast every week on the WWE Network, 52 weeks a year. The idea here is to create new, original content to make the Network an even more enticing overall package for subscribers. The weekly Cruiser series was among the potential additions to the Network that had its interest tested in recent fan surveys.

Raw64life

Unlike the CWC, which was taped at Full Sail Live, "205 Live" will be broadcast live from that week's Smackdown taping, which means that the Cruisers will be working both Raw and Smackdown tapings going forward, making them the only talents to do that on a weekly basis, post-brand split.

So with the Smackdown crew in the same arena after Smackdown ends then. That's gonna be a lot of 2/3 empty arenas these guys are going to be wrestling in.

Kaladin

So with the Smackdown crew in the same arena after Smackdown ends then. That's gonna be a lot of 2/3 empty arenas these guys are going to be wrestling in.

I think people will stick around to see the new show, but who knows. I just hope it has an awesome start that can create buzz for people to stick around as the show continues.

Just remember what Stephanie was always saying, the Cruiserweight Division will be exclusive* to Monday Night Raw!

*not exclusive

Xion385

Two things:

I wonder if Ibushi can compete in this?

Second, where the hell is Gran Metalik? Is he signed or not?

OrochiJR

Gold Member
I'm so happy about this! These guys deserve so much better than the non-reactions they are getting on Raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom