• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE announces 205 Live : Live Weekly Cruiserweight Series on WWE Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Considering how thin both rosters are right now, I don't see why they are keeping this a separate division/show. Also, the last thing WWE needs is more live wrestling shows in a given week. They should focus on making what they already have good.

WHY IS HOHO LUN SIGNED FOR THIS AND NOT ZACH SABRE JR?!
Same reason as Ibushi: the 2 sides couldn't come to an agreement on a contract.

Frankly, given how dismal the cruiserweight presentation has been on Raw to this point, he looks smart not to have signed. I wish this new show meant they were pulling the division from Raw entirely. Now with ~12 guys working 2 shows they're probably going to over-expose a thin roster just like every fucking thing else.

GavinUK86

My own fault I know but I haven't seen the HITC PPV yet so I didn't know about Kendrick being champ. That fucking sucks. Hate that guy.

On topic, this sounds cool. Take 'em off RAW though. No one appreciates them there. Not sure about it being live after Smackdown. They should just tape it at Full Sail when they do NXT like the CWC was.

El-Suave

It's dumb to air this live after Smackdown - the crowds will be exhausted. It'd be better if it ran before Smackdown or they tape it with NXT.

Raw64life

Just remember what Stephanie was always saying, the Cruiserweight Division will be exclusive* to Monday Night Raw!

*not exclusive

Only on Xbox*

*and PC

Two things:

I wonder if Ibushi can compete in this?

Second, where the hell is Gran Metalik? Is he signed or not?

Metallik, Tozawa and Gallagher all signed with WWE but already had a lot of dates booked with other promotions so they're fulfilling those obligations before becoming part of the roster. Presumably they'll be on this show sooner rather than later.

DeathyBoy

Banned
No story lines please God...

Perkins vs Kendrick "telling a story" was the reason the crowd was dead. Just wrestle a fucking fast match god dammit...

I feel like this should be filmed before Smackdown and then aired "as live" on the WWE network after Smackdown. It would lead to a more active crowd even if it makes the name of the show a slight lie. Giving Cruiserweights to a worn out live crowd after 2 hours of matches/storylines is a bad idea.

El-Suave

Perkins vs Kendrick "telling a story" was the reason the crowd was dead. Just wrestle a fucking fast match god dammit...

You need stories and pay offs - Zayn, Banks and Bailey wouldn't be as good as they are with those big matches where their stories eventually peaked.

Burai

shitonmychest57
That fucking belt, Jesus. How do you make a belt that looks worse than the Diva's butterfly belt or that TNA one that looked like Jeff Hardy's face?

Anth0ny

A one-hour, in-ring program called 205 Live, showcasing WWE’s new Cruiserweight division, will premiere Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 10 p.m. ET, exclusively on WWE Network. The live weekly show will be called by Mauro Ranallo, the voice of SmackDown LIVE, and Corey Graves, color commentator for Monday Night Raw.

Well I'm sold.

go ahead and take them off Raw, thanks.

That fucking belt, Jesus. How do you make a belt that looks worse than the Diva's butterfly belt or that TNA one that looked like Jeff Hardy's face?

It looks like a kid's toy, which probably doesn't help the perception for these undersized guys to begin with.

RBH

The handling of the CW division on the main roster once again shows the superiority of WCW over WWE when it comes to the cruiserweight division in general.

*folds arms and smiles*

Pikma

Banned
So, there's two Cruiserweight segments on Raw plus this? Why?
Have you even seen any of the matches/segments and the crowd reactions they've had..?

they need their own space and own direction, it's pretty clear that those 2 weekly segments alone won't be enough to make this a successful division...

It's a smart and very opportune move

Good because they were being absolutely wasted on raw. Which is a travesty because that show just can't seem to get its shit together. I'd rather have them on smackdown where they could at least get some competent stuff to work with.

bigkrev

The storyline in this Kendrik-Perkins feud is over a broken or borrowed N64.

I wish I was making this shit up

Have you even seen any of the matches/segments and the crowd reactions they've had..?

they need their own space and own direction, it's pretty clear that those 2 weekly segments alone won't be enough to make this a successful division...

It's a smart and very opportune move

That's not the fault of anyone but the god awful Raw writing team.

They can make this work just fine, but they dont.

Just what we need, another hour of wrestling separate to the already bloated schedule of a three hour Raw, two hour Smackdown and one hour NXT a week that the WWE want you to watch. At least it's a different flavour than the rest but I assumes the cruiserweights were added to Raw to bolster the roster after the draft split. Do they stay on Raw and have their own one hour show?

It's a bad idea. The crowd will be dead every week and unless they somehow completely segregate the angles from raw it just means you're still forced to watch these guys being shit on raw if you want to follow the storylines.

Either have them exclusive to this show or don't bother with a division at all and just have good wrestlers wrestling other people. The entire concept of a weight decision after Bryan was champion is absurd.

Pikma

Banned
That's not the fault of anyone but the god awful Raw writing team.

They can make this work just fine, but they dont.
Well, Haitch or whoever pushed this is taking them away from the Raw writing team for an hour, so it can only be a good thing, right?

I have a couple of things to say here:

First, good. The Cruiserweights were shit on RAW. It was clear they had no idea what to do with them. Gotta have more time for top tier matches such as last Monday's "Trick or Streetfight."

Second, TJP sux.

The handling of the CW division on the main roster once again shows the superiority of WCW over WWE when it comes to the cruiserweight division in general.

*folds arms and smiles*
Oh please, you're always dissing WCW in the wrestling thread!
Needs more Will Ospreay.

Ocean Spray couldn't even handle politics with Vader, you think he could hang in the WWE?
HHH is the exec Vice President of creative. He's as much to blame for Raw being shit as anyone not named McMahon.

Doesn't matter, Vince always has final say.

sora87

I feel the smackdown crowd will still be shit, these kinda matches are much better with a smaller, more dedicated crowd.

Well, Haitch or whoever pushed this is taking them away from the Raw writing team for an hour, so it can only be a good thing, right?

But whats the point of having them on Raw if theyre not going to make proper use of them. And what's going to happen to them on Raw now that there is a separate show? It just stinks of total failure.

Pikma

Banned
HHH is the exec Vice President of creative. He's as much to blame for Raw being shit as anyone not named McMahon.
And who said he wasn't? All I'm saying is that taking them away from RAW is a good decision, gives the guys more of a chance than two fucking weekly matches and one promo

Pikma

Banned
But whats the point of having them on Raw if theyre not going to make proper use of them. And what's going to happen to them on Raw now that there is a separate show? It just stinks of total failure.
They'll continue to use them the same way they've been doing it, as filler.

bigkrev

It's a bad idea. The crowd will be dead every week and unless they somehow completely segregate the angles from raw it just means you're still forced to watch these guys being shit on raw if you want to follow the storylines.

Either have them exclusive to this show or don't bother with a division at all and just have good wrestlers wrestling other people. The entire concept of a weight decision after Bryan was champion is absurd.

Currently, depending on what timezone they are in, Smackdown tapings are 3ish hours long - in addition to the 2 hour show, they have a dark match, and film matches for WWE Main Event, and then usually have a 6 man main event once the episode ends. My guess is that they are ditching Main Event and the 6 man matches, so the taping ends up remaining the same 3 hours it's been for years.

And who said he wasn't? All I'm saying is that taking them away from RAW is a good decision, gives the guys more of a chance than two fucking weekly matches and one promo

Having them on Raw would be significantly better if they were being used effectively. There's no reason they can't be effective there.

This is just them milking the guys they signed because they don't work house shows.

The Cruiserweight division is an invisible bubble to protect these guys from jobbing to Strowman every week and now this show is an invisible bubble to protect them from the RAW writers. Can we stop with the dated awkward video game reference promo's from Perkins.

Currently, depending on what timezone they are in, Smackdown tapings are 3ish hours long - in addition to the 2 hour show, they have a dark match, and film matches for WWE Main Event, and then usually have a 6 man main event once the episode ends. My guess is that they are ditching Main Event and the 6 man matches, so the taping ends up remaining the same 3 hours it's been for years.

Their TV deals are sold as a package, so unless they give international broadcasters this show, which I doubt strongly, they still need to produce main event. Maybe they can just turn it into a total recap show, who knows. But they are obliged to create that show.

The Cruiserweight division is an invisible bubble to protect these guys from jobbing to Strowman every week and now this show is an invisible bubble to protect them from the RAW writers. Can we stop with the dated awkward video game reference promo's from Perkins.

It's time to hit reset on the cruiserweight division.

Pikma

Banned
Having them on Raw would be significantly better if they were being used effectively. There's no reason they can't be effective there.
Well that shit ain't happening, RAW will not stop being shit any time soon, not while McMahon and Co micromanage the shit out of their "flagship show" so might as well stop with the ifs, coulds and woulds

Again, keeping them away from said show is the only chance they have to make something out of this division right now.

Well that shit ain't happening, RAW will not stop being shit any time soon, not while McMahon and Co micromanage the shit out of their "flagship show" so might as well stop with the ifs, coulds and woulds

Again, keeping them away from said show is the only chance they have to make something out of this division right now.

But they're going to be on that show. And presumably the high profile stuff will occur there.

Rellik

It's criminal what they've done to this division after the great CWC. This is going to be awful with empty arenas every week.

Syder

Putting the strap on a dabbing 32 year old manchild and having him feud with Kendrick was the kiss of death on them getting over on RAW. CWs always should have been on SD where more attention is paid to storytelling.

I can't wait for Gran Metalik to be with WWE full time.

Zabka

So this means no more special post show dark matches at smackdown? That's gotta be disappointing for the crowds. Was a good way to send people home in a high note.

Trojan X

Banned
Excellent!! Putting the CW on the horrible ill format, RAW, was a doomed to fail idea and it showed. The only way it would work is by reformating RAW and since there is no plans to do that, provided a dedicated CW show is the BEST thing to do. Now I can be at ease, especially with the ultimate commentator team back it. If they can let Daniel Bryan come and colour commentate now and again, everyone would be able to watch those guys put every single commentator on notice.

Thums up, WWE. However, I don't like the name of the show though, but that willl brush off quickly.

Matticers

Ocean Spray couldn't even handle politics with Vader, you think he could hang in the WWE?

I don't think Heyman would be trying to get him to sign and talking him up so much if he thought he couldn't hang. But I haven't followed the politics thing aside from the twitter beef which I thought was half fake and then the job to Vader which isn't a big deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom