• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin Discussion: Week of May 22th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Biohazard said:
That little 9 year old kid is so cool, look at all those guys who leave him comments on his youtube "know your stuff kid!!!"...shut up.
i dont get it.. how did he get banned for saying this?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
bishoptl said:
...too late

2803441628ab6025c4.jpg

god bless you.

G-Fex

DX returning is very nice.

But we need something to save WWE smackdown. We need them back.

WE NEED THE NATION OF DOMINATION!

DMczaf

More DX News

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

It's being said that some WWE officials have recently made contact with Raod Dogg and Billy Gunn in regards to a possible WWE return. Road Dogg was directly approached about the situation, however Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are both still under contract with TNA. If they did in fact come back to the company, there would have to be a penance to pay due to the inflammatory remarks they've made towards Triple H in interviews in the past.

Another idea would to have two younger wrestlers join the Degeneration X group with Triple H and Shawn Michaels to give them a rub like with The Evolution faction. As this point however, the "DX Reunion" set for June will simply consist of Shawn Michaels and Triple H being a tag team.

1897352811_hbkwoo.gif

I like the 2nd idea the best, dont bring back Billy Gunn!!1111

G-Fex

don't bring back Chyna either.

I got it, Paul London and ..other guy should join! AND BRING BACK JASON SENSATION!

DCX

DCX
:lol Poor TMAC...who's to say if Shawn really got hurt, but doing that with a chair is bound to have a fuck up or two.

DCX

Oh, from the looks of things. The CW division is pretty much dead...AGAIN.

Noble and Kash now come to the ring in matching ring gear Red & black with gold bulldogs on them (Kash in long tights, Noble in trunks) and dog collars with long chains.

Oh, overnight there was a new addition to the ECW brand, these guys should ciompliment the show pretty well...

Source: WWE Signs Tag Team For ECW Brand
Date Added: May 24, 2006
Story By: Niel Stephens
Credit: PWInsider.Com

A reliable source has informed us that JAPW Tag Team The SAT, Jose and Joel Maximo have been signed to ECW Contracts. They are the first independent tag team to be signed to the new promotion. They have a booking with JAPW in a "Loser Leaves JAPW" Cage match against the Outcast Killaz on June 17th. It is rumored that SAT will lose this match and then become dedicated members of the ECW Roster which is slated to begin Weekly TV shows as early as the week after One Night Stand.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Real Smackdown spoilers (I think)

Booker T gets his crown and rambles on and Sharmell talks too much and is very ANNOYING, they both stay at ringside and watch the match from their chairs.

Lashley beats JBL for the US Title despite interference from Booker T

Lashley challenges Booker T to a match next week, Booker T agrees if the US title is on the line

Teddy Long announces Mark Henry taking on Rey Mysterio for the main event

Paul London and Brian Kendrick beat Kid Kash and Jamie Noble

Paul Heyman comes out and promotes One Night Stand which brings out Finlay who attempts to attack Paul Heyman but Chris Benoit comes to the rescue only to get pummeled by Finlay and a short guy. Finlay beat the crap out of Benoit with the stick he carries to the ring.

Great Khali defeats Matt Hardy in a very quick match (Hardy got the biggest pop of the night)

Tatanka defeats someone announced from Bakersfield

Rappers come out to a lot of boos and Mark Henry comes out and challenges Rey Mysterio. Not a bad match at all, Chavo Guerrero pushes Rey Mysterio off the ropes and Mysterio loses to Mark Henry with a big splash. Mark Henry left with the World Title belt. The crowd was a little confused because it was not announced as a title match and when the bell rang, they only announced Mark Henry as the winner and he grabbed the belt. Big celebration for Mark Henry with the rappers.

Chavo
heel turn
:lol

Archie said:
Real Smackdown spoilers (I think)

Booker T gets his crown and rambles on and Sharmell talks too much and is very ANNOYING, they both stay at ringside and watch the match from their chairs.

Lashley beats JBL for the US Title despite interference from Booker T

Lashley challenges Booker T to a match next week, Booker T agrees if the US title is on the line

Teddy Long announces Mark Henry taking on Rey Mysterio for the main event

Paul London and Brian Kendrick beat Kid Kash and Jamie Noble

Paul Heyman comes out and promotes One Night Stand which brings out Finlay who attempts to attack Paul Heyman but Chris Benoit comes to the rescue only to get pummeled by Finlay and a short guy. Finlay beat the crap out of Benoit with the stick he carries to the ring.

Great Khali defeats Matt Hardy in a very quick match (Hardy got the biggest pop of the night)

Tatanka defeats someone announced from Bakersfield

Rappers come out to a lot of boos and Mark Henry comes out and challenges Rey Mysterio. Not a bad match at all, Chavo Guerrero pushes Rey Mysterio off the ropes and Mysterio loses to Mark Henry with a big splash. Mark Henry left with the World Title belt. The crowd was a little confused because it was not announced as a title match and when the bell rang, they only announced Mark Henry as the winner and he grabbed the belt. Big celebration for Mark Henry with the rappers.

Chavo
heel turn
:lol

Archie, those are real and confirmed. The previous ones were fake.
While I don't think Henry actually own the belt, he took it anyway. Mirroring what they just did on TNA with Christian and Abyss, where Abyss just took the belt for himself. Seriously, if they put the title on Henry I'm done with Smackdown for a while.

Brian Fellows said:
Watching Raw for the first time in a while. I see the crowds are still exploding for Masters.

You meen sheer indifference from the crowd? Yep, pretty much.

There's just nothing interesting about the guy. Great, you look like a balding bodybuilder.... why should we care?

Oh... for thise who want to buy the Wrestlemania 22 set. Wal-mart has a hell of a deal!
You buy the WM22 DVD there and bundled with it for free is the Rey Mysterio 619 DVD. (I have a spare copy if anyone wants it. Pretty good stuff)
They also have WM20 with RAW Homecoming (exclusive to Wally World) for free.

Seems like WWE and Wal Mart have teamed up now. they're doing alot of these bundle deals lately.

The SAT, Jose and Joel Maximo RAWK!!! I love the Spanish Fly move :)

I am really confused as to why Biohazard was banned what happed?

PS: I am really not gonna TOUCH smackdown this week, not even with a ten foot pole...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Just so you all know the Smackdown spoilers posted were fake.

Smackdown sounds like a good show this week.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Keyser Soze said:
I am really confused as to why Biohazard was banned what happed?
Insert the epithet "faggots" for "guys" in his quote and you'll understand why Biohazard was Pedigreed. :|

my wm22 dvd hasnt arrived yet in the mail, but i think i may go pickup that WM20 dvd with homecoming dvd from walmart tonight.. is WM20 on Vol 4 of the wrestlemanis? that doesnt include 21 right? so the vol1-4 plus 21/22 dvds would give you every wrestlemania?

dskillzhtown said:
Just so you all know the Smackdown spoilers posted were fake.

Smackdown sounds like a good show this week.

Ok here's the 100% confirmed and double confirmed spoilers.

What the hell is with pople posting up fake news to the sites and having it spread virally?

CORRECT SPOILERS FROM LAST NIGHT'S SMACKDOWN TAPING - REPLACING BOGUS SETS
by Dave Scherer @ 12:30:00 PM on 5/24/2006

There were a few people sending out bogus spoilers from last night's Smackdown taping (don't ask me why people have nothing better to do than that). Elite member Jared Cheeseman sent this report, which is accurate.

Velocity:

Matt Hardy beat Sylvan.

Gunner Scott beat a jobber.

Gregory Helms beat a jobber.

Kid Kash and Jamie Noble, doing their Pitbull gimmick, beat Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki.

Smackdown:

Lashley beat JBL to win US Title.

Tatanka beat Simon Dean.

Mark Henry beat Chris Benoit, then destroyed him after the match.

Brian Kendrick and Paul London beat Nunzio and Vito.

Finlay beat Paul Burchill, then Shortstack (the midget wrestler) showed up.

Rey Mysterio beat JBL to retain the World Title.

When Paul Heyman was shown there, there was mostly no reaction, except for me. I marked out big time.

The coronation for Booker T was great as well.

He'll be fine... He got knocked out during Velocity.

SmackDown! Superstar Suffers Concussion At Tapings
Date Added: May 24, 2006
Story By: Ryan Cain
From WWE.com

Tuesday night in Bakersfield, Calif., Funaki, competing in a Velocity match, was knocked out for nearly two minutes. SmackDown head trainer Larry Heck later determined that he suffered a Grade 2 concussion. Funaki was taken to a local medical facility for precautionary X-rays. He will have a 100 percent recovery rate.

Be sure to watch Velocity this Saturday on WWE.com for more on this situation.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the Rock/HHH Ladder match @ Summerslam 98 is soooooo awesome. I forgot how MSG can make or break a match.

oh yea...DX BAND!

Bloodwake

I am cry.

wwe.com said:
Shawn Michaels underwent an MRI today in San Antonio to learn the extent of the injuries to his leg. HBK's physician, Dr. Jacobs, claims that Michaels will need surgery. The only question is when. But at the very least, in the short term, Shawn Michaels will need some degree of convalescing.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
bishoptl said:
Insert the epithet "faggots" for "guys" in his quote and you'll understand why Biohazard was Pedigreed. :|

heh poor AJ Styles would last a day on this board.

Outcast2004 said:
Oh, overnight there was a new addition to the ECW brand, these guys should ciompliment the show pretty well...

These fuckin bums were a black eye on the first couple of years of ROH and even got to stink up a few TNA shows. Now they get to bring their highly contrived(and usually blown)spots to ECW? YAY! They are are bad as Billy Kidman when it comes to messing up their own finsher. And they make London and Spanky look like HBK and Flair on the mic.

bjork

EnvoyDenali said:
my wm22 dvd hasnt arrived yet in the mail, but i think i may go pickup that WM20 dvd with homecoming dvd from walmart tonight.. is WM20 on Vol 4 of the wrestlemanis? that doesnt include 21 right? so the vol1-4 plus 21/22 dvds would give you every wrestlemania?

Yes.

If you bought the deluxe box with all the sets, I remember 21 was included because it was inside the lid of the box. But if you buy the individual volumes, they only have 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20.

ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling®) will be an alternative brand of wrestling suited to fit the SCI FI Channel’s commitment to fuel the imagination.
Terry Funk is kind of looking and moving like a pod person version of his former self, I guess.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so Michaels really did get his leg busted up in the chair then.... bummer. hope this doesn't massively affect the DX reunion plans.

Brian Fellows said:
heh poor AJ Styles would last a day on this board.

These fuckin bums were a black eye on the first couple of years of ROH and even got to stink up a few TNA shows. Now they get to bring their highly contrived(and usually blown)spots to ECW? YAY! They are are bad as Billy Kidman when it comes to messing up their own finsher. And they make London and Spanky look like HBK and Flair on the mic.

Sooooo.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're nt a fan of the Maximos then?

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
borghe said:
so Michaels really did get his leg busted up in the chair then.... bummer. hope this doesn't massively affect the DX reunion plans.
Im pretty sure he was injured prior to the chair spot. Kinda like how angle got injured and then for storyline purposes said mark henry did it.

The Black Brad Pitt said:
Im pretty sure he was injured prior to the chair spot. Kinda like how angle got injured and then for storyline purposes said mark henry did it.

HBK's knee's been nagging him for quite sometime actually. But this is mostly storyline so he can do the run-in save for HHH at Vengeance.

*sarcasm*SO COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED!!!*sarcasm*

Michaels is (or at least WAS) supposed to become a part time attraction at some point after Mania.

I think he probably injured it back in the beginning of the year when he did his little kip up during a match and it looked like his knee just gave. If that was a work, he sold it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom