• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Battleground '17 |OT| A Canadian, Bulgarian, and Maharajah walk into a bar...

Can we kick off with the gimmick galore that is the Punjabi Prison match so we can all just leave faster, the morbid curiosity of witnessing this nonsense gimmick return is practically the draw of the entire event.

I'm trying to remember the silly twist behind the initial cage, like there's four doors but they only stay open once for 30 seconds each.

Podge293

With them breaking up every tag team (and if they break up Breezango I'm going to Connecticut to burn their shit down) how much you want to bet the big Surivivor Series tag match will be all the broken up teams facing off against each other.

They'll just rehash what they did last year. Raw vs smackdown blah blah

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
legit forgot this was on. Did I miss the Cruiserweight match?

Shauni

Can we kick off with the gimmick galore that is the Punjabi Prison match so we can all just leave faster, the morbid curiosity of witnessing this nonsense gimmick return is practically the draw of the entire event.

I'm trying to remember the silly twist behind the initial cage, like there's four doors but they only stay open once for 30 seconds each.

From wiki:

The inner cage has a four foot (1.2 m) by four foot door on each of its sides, with a referee standing by to open them at a wrestler's request. Each door may only be opened once and is only allowed to remain open for sixty seconds, after which it is padlocked. Should all four doors end up locked before the wrestlers escape, they are forced to climb out over the top, where the bamboo is fashioned into spikes. Between the two cages are sometimes placed two tables, on which are weapons (both "medieval" and "bamboo" variations of standard wrestling weapons) There are also extended straps at the corners of the cage which can be used to choke the opponent. Once a wrestler has escaped the first cage, he must climb over and out of the second cage, with the first wrestler having both of their feet touch the arena floor is the winner of the match

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ZbIEJec.jpg

The WWE Universe thinks Cena has this in the bag. What? Cena worry?

legit forgot this was on. Did I miss the Cruiserweight match?

It's a Smackdown PPV, no cruiserweights. It's Tye Dillinger vs. the signing Vaudvillain guy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how do we go from NJPW Maria to this?

and no, I dont mean the ass shots

Sinatar

Well at least we get to listen to their awesome entrance theme while we watch their careers go down the drain.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Keep complaining and they'll put Maria in the ring. *shudder*

El-Suave

Mike Kanellis looks weird. Deep brown beard, short hair on the sides of his head that exposes themas/makes them look grey and colored blonde hair on top. That's two colors too many.

El-Suave

The usual suspects are in row one again. My favorite is the gum chewing woman - it's amazing that she hasn't dislocated her jaw yet. If I were the WWE I'd go out of my way to sell the TV facing front row on location and not online. You can't get better proof that they only cater to existing fans than those same people on every PPV and even they avoid RAW and Smackdown these days.

Sinatar

Aiden: Hey Tye, how many times have we wrestled on the pre-show so far?
Tye: 10! 10! 10! 10! 10! 10! 10! 10! 10! 10!

Top Bottom