• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Fastlane 2016 |OT| Roundabout to Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiterra

Banned
I'm with that guy. Who would you have Barack face from the current roster?

Personally, I'm not interested in seeing him face anyone except Reigns, and Orton who is currently injured. You're kind of stuck now with him which is why I find it bizarre how he has seemingly nothing to do. I like Ambrose so I'd enjoy their match. They just need to make it a no disqualification so Ambrose can use some weapons against him.

We'll probably never get Brock vs. Orton and that's like the one Orton matchup I'd be REALLY EXCITED for. Ugh. I'd pay to see that show.

I think we could do without posts rubbing the inability of fans who do care to both partake in and affect the product in their faces, though. That's just spiteful, nasty shit.

I just think they'll be happier if they accept reality, instead of getting upset when every wrestler they like gets booked horribly (because everybody outside of Brock, 'Taker and Triple H, including Roman, gets booked horribly).

Just like I think Bernie fans should accept the fact that Hillary will be the nominee because you can't build Sweden in a day. In a way, hardcore Sanders supporters and hardcore Internet fans are a lot alike in more ways than you'd think.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I don't even dislike Reigns. The guy had a match of the night with Big Show, for God's sake. But to act like this face push of his hasn't failed hard multiple times over multiple years is just flat out wrong.

And it didn't have to be this way. He could've gotten over organically over a period of time. People loved the Shield, and that goodwill could have carried him a long way. Hell, that goodwill is still helping to keep Ambrose over years after the fact. People loved watching Roman fuck shit up and be a beast. And if they hadn't shotgunned him into the main event so fast, he'd probably be one of the most over guys in the company these days. Because even now when people boo, they're not even necessarily booing him as a talent so much as what he represents. Pushed into the spotlight has only served to highlight all his flaws as a performer while simultaneously washing out all of his strengths. The way WWE has treated Regins these past two years is a disservice to his potential as a wrestler, and I almost feel sorry for the guy.

This isn't a Cena story. Cena's story is The Rock's story. A charismatic heel that people loved to hate, then they just loved. They wanted to cheer for Cena, and when WWE pulled the trigger on a face turn for him it fucking exploded. Questionable decisions took place after that, sure, and a large portion of the crowd turned on him. But John Cena is a star because WWE took their time building him up to be one, and he earned the adulation that got him into the main event. Roman wasn't given that chance, and it's not fair to him, honestly.

*Booker T Voice* That right there!!!!

An absolute shame what they've done with Roman. Of course as others have said, it's not just what they've done with Roman, but WWE has been so goddamn lazy from the top down.

And it's a shame because I seriously like the roster. I can't think of anyone I dislike and with the stack of talent down in NXT there's a ton of potential for great matches and story lines. But I guess if WWE can get money being lazy, then why put in the effort?

Sephzilla

I'm with that guy. Who would you have Barack face from the current roster.
You have Brock face HHH. Because Brock fighting for the title is going to draw more money than Roman or Dean fighting for the title. He's also the only guy who will actually get unilaterally cheered going up against the top heel champion.

Kaiterra

Banned
I just think they'll be happier if they accept reality, instead of getting upset when every wrestler they like gets booked horribly (because everybody outside of Brock, 'Taker and Triple H, including Roman, gets booked horribly).

Just like I think Bernie fans should accept the fact that Hillary will be the nominee because you can't build Sweden in a day. In a way, hardcore Sanders supporters and hardcore Internet fans are a lot alike in more ways than you'd think.

You don't come across as giving a shit about other posters being happy at all. Don't feed me that

Also you're a hardcore internet fan, just one of a different kind.

Radec

Audience at mania will be confused on who to cheer on the main event.

But boos will happen on Roman.

Fucking Company.

You don't come across as giving a shit about other posters being happy at all. Don't feed me that.

I mean, I don't care if they're happier. I just think they'd be happier.

All I know is since I just started caring about watching good matches or angles by themselves, whether it'd be 70's Memphis or matches from Roman "Four Star" Reigns and just assumed that current day WWE was going to be booked like a trainwreck, I've had far less stress when it comes to this fake carny shit I still like for some reason.

And yes, I am. But, I'm a hardcore Internet fan who actually knows the facts on the ground instead of being obsessed with how I want the world to be, just like I'm a hardcore political geek who knows the facts on the ground instead of wanting to turn the USA into Denmark in one Presidential term.

Kuroyume

Banned
I think many of us want AJ vs Ownens at mania moreso than Ambrose and Owens again. But, what does that leave Ambrose with? He's out of the main event. And, there's no way he can go up against Lesnar alone. So?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm with that guy. Who would you have Barack face from the current roster?

Personally, I'm not interested in seeing him face anyone except Reigns, and Orton who is currently injured. You're kind of stuck now with him which is why I find it bizarre how he has seemingly nothing to do. I like Ambrose so I'd enjoy their match. They just need to make it a no disqualification so Ambrose can use some weapons against him.
If it were up to me, I would just fire Lesnar and he wouldn't be on the card at all, but that's just because I can't go back in time and make him sell basically anyone's offense. I don't like Brock Lesnar at all because I find him boring - not because he isn't good at wrestling or interesting as a character, but because I don't care about invincible Superman wrestling, even if he's morally ambiguous Superman. The last two years of wrestling have set up that there is no such thing as a credible opponent for Brock Lesnar, which makes keeping the title off of him borderline idiotic at this point.

If you have to set up a special match that includes weapons so that it's even vaguely sort of believable that one of the participants could get in any kind of offense, you fucked up the way you sell one of the characters. Ambrose isn't super jacked but he's still quite a bit larger than say, Daniel Bryan was, and HHH sold it when Bryan kicked him. If you have any interest at all in setting up Ambrose in a match with Brock, don't tell Brock to no-sell every single move Ambrose is doing.

Triple H vs Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania is a good match. But the title weakens it in my opinion.

The story was working fine and Roman getting the belt after TLC and so did Triple H being the one to eliminate Roman from the Rumble but giving the belt to Triple H made it so predictable. Now don't get me wrong but predictable can be good ie Daniel Bryan winning the Title at Mania 30 but predictable works best when it's what the fans want. ie Batista winning the Rumble in 2014 as when it backfires.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Audience at mania will be confused on who to cheer on the main event.

But boos will happen on Roman.

Fucking Company.

no they won't the audience stood up, applauded and cheered when HHH threw roman out of the ring at the rumble. The next few weeks will be trying to force people to boo HHH but it will not happen. People will cheer HHH over roman anyday

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Styles vs Owens at Wrestlemania has "show stealer" written all over it

Styles vs Owens to be pushed to the pre-show confirmed.

Match is turned into a random lumberjack match the day of the show.

Match is then later turned into a random battle royale that the Great Khali wins for some reason.

gocubs

Why would you want to see Brock v. Dean? They utterly buried Dean in that match to the point that Brock v. Dean makes no sense.

Dean beat the fuck out of Roman with a chair and his finishing move and Roman no-sold it.

Dean beat the fuck out of Brock and Brock no-sold every single move he did and sold repeatedly for Roman.

Dean looks like the biggest fucking chump in the company right now.

Because it would be something we haven't seen.

You have Brock face HHH. Because Brock fighting for the title is going to draw more money than Roman or Dean fighting for the title. He's also the only guy who will actually get unilaterally cheered going up against the top heel champion.

HHH wants no part of Brick, last time they fought Brok wasn't God King yet but now Bork is the type of dude who would no sell the pedigree and HHH would rather die than let that happen.

LycanXIII

I think many of us want AJ vs Ownens at mania moreso than Ambrose and Owens again. But, what does that leave Ambrose with? He's out of the main event. And, there's no way he can go up against Lesnar alone. So?

It's possible that Ambrose fights Lesnar since the Wyatt's didn't get involved. But if you do that, who do you have the Wyatt's lose to?

En2Fdxz.gif

Beautiful moment....he was still selling that Kimura Lock.

Sephzilla

If it were up to me, I would just fire Lesnar and he wouldn't be on the card at all, but that's just because I can't go back in time and make him sell basically anyone's offense. I don't like Brock Lesnar at all because I find him boring - not because he isn't good at wrestling or interesting as a character, but because I don't care about invincible Superman wrestling, even if he's morally ambiguous Superman. The last two years of wrestling have set up that there is no such thing as a credible opponent for Brock Lesnar, which makes keeping the title off of him borderline idiotic at this point.

If you have to set up a special match that includes weapons so that it's even vaguely sort of believable that one of the participants could get in any kind of offense, you fucked up the way you sell one of the characters. Ambrose isn't super jacked but he's still quite a bit larger than say, Daniel Bryan was, and HHH sold it when Bryan kicked him. If you have any interest at all in setting up Ambrose in a match with Brock, don't tell Brock to no-sell every single move Ambrose is doing.

If he would have stayed healthy and if WWE would have played their cards right, Daniel Bryan would have been the perfect guy to face and beat Brock Lesnar as the ultimate underdog. Bryan was super over as a face and Bryan had wins over Cena, Orton, Batista, and HHH. Like Brock, he never lost his title. He basically had an equally impressive list of big wins, barring Undertaker. That match would have been fucking cash.

Kaiterra

Banned
If he would have stayed healthy and if WWE would have played their cards right, Daniel Bryan would have been the perfect guy to face and beat Brock Lesnar as the ultimate underdog. Bryan was super over as a face and Bryan had wins over Cena, Orton, Batista, and HHH. Like Brock, he never lost his title. He basically had an equally impressive list of big wins, barring Undertaker. That match would have been fucking cash.

The universe is unfair :(

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
If anything, I'm looking forward to RAW. There's so many spots on the card that need to be filled. So many feuds need to be started!

And where the hell is Undertaker going to fit in all of this? I could have sworn he was going to make an appearance tonight.

NastyBook

Woke up with a 99 degree fever and decided to watch the last match. What the SHIT was that?

"Also, THE KIMURA LOCK! SUBMISSION MANEUVER! THE KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA!"

We get it, Cole.

Verendus

Banned
Yes, you kind of are.

And when people discuss the show, people bring up not liking Roman, which spins us down into this whole. So it's still talking about the show in a sense. You're starting to seem more like you're just salty that people are talking bad about someone you like. You're taking people talking about "the business" way too personally.
I'm not taking it personally, nor am I salty, which you seem to really want me to be. I'm pointing out the ignorance that runs rampant in those kinds of discussions that stems from a lack of understanding. It's mostly a form of cheerleading for people who are a little too invested in these matters.

It's all good though. You balee what you want. If it makes you feel any better, I'm glad to have helped. Because that's what Roman Reigns is here for. To lift you up with those powerful arms of his, and make you balee that you can, and that you will.

We'll probably never get Brock vs. Orton and that's like the one Orton matchup I'd be REALLY EXCITED for. Ugh. I'd pay to see that show.
It has to happen at some point. Barack has run out of opponents to face. There's, like, no one left.

Edit:

En2Fdxz.gif

Beautiful moment....he was still selling that Kimura Lock.
It's as if the heavens themselves shine upon this man.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Woke up with a 99 degree fever and decided to watch the last match. What the SHIT was that?

"Also, THE KIMURA LOCK! SUBMISSION MANEUVER! THE KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA! KIMURA!"

We get it, Cole.

What difference did it make? Roman no-sold it the second it was released.

Vestal

Gold Member

Money In the Bank Match.

Cash in at end of show..

Verendus

Banned

That's harsh man. I wasn't expecting an answer like that.

I like the final boss kind of vibe he has going so we obviously differ there. I think one of the things WWE is lacking right is more variety in their characters. They need to establish a clear hierarchy with their superstars like they did in the past. Barack is one form of that, but beyond a few others like Cena, Jimmy, Reigns, and now what's looking like Ambrose, they don't pay enough attention to the rest. I figure your problem could be resolved if they just did that.

gnexus

I live in Houston, and I'm really on the fence about ponying up the cash for hotel+gas+food+ticket for WM32 =/. Maybe for Takeover Dallas...

Well, we'll see how the rest of the card shapes up.

I already have a Rift pre-order, so i'm already broke.

Kaiterra

Banned
That's harsh man. I wasn't expecting an answer like that.

I like the final boss kind of vibe he has going so we obviously differ there. I think one of the things WWE is lacking right is more variety in their characters. They need to establish a clear hierarchy with their superstars like they did in the past. Barack is one form of that, but beyond a few others like Cena, Jimmy, Reigns, and now what's looking like Ambrose, they don't pay enough attention to the rest. I figure your problem could be resolved if they just did that.

What we need:
Mortal%20Kombat%20Trilogy_3.png

What we got:
ultmotif.gif

Verendus

Banned
All I know is I saw Kevin Owens in a match with Dolph Ziggler today, and I remember seeing him kick out of like three AAs against Cena a few months ago. Something clearly went wrong when I wasn't looking here, because no one should ever have to face Dolph Ziggler unless they're destroying him for ten minutes.

BadAss2961

Triple H is done, no one wants to see him in this spot anymore.

Roman just ain't ready yet.

Brock is the only guy they have left that's totally legit as the top guy. He and Heyman have everyone beat by a mile. He should be defending again as a monster heel, against anyone that people would actually root for. That leaves Ambrose or Styles. Preferably Styles for me. With all the injuries, that would've been a satisfying main event had they built AJ correctly up to this point instead of trying to make him Daniel Bryan 2.0.

Into

Maybe they think this would work like Hunter vs Batista.

And while one can certainly make the case that Batista (at that time) is similar to Roman, good look, well built, but somewhat lacking in charisma, which Batista would later develop as a heel. The issue is that people do not hate Hunter in 2016 as much as they hated him back then during his Terror of Doom run.

If anything fans sorta like him as a relic from Attitude Era, him being a part time wrestler, and being the face of NXT. And this match has been a foregone conclusion, as is the result at Mania. Nobody thinks Hunter is winning. The heat for him to lose the strap is non existing.

Thus the dynamic is not what they wanted. And Batista also at least had a much better build, which was one of the few really well done slow builds in WWE history, in addition to the hispanic audience gravitating towards him.

The PPV was mostly garbage, what else is new. Its a RAW episode with a slightly different set and less talking.

That random Curtis Axel vs R-Truth match was the weirdest thing on this PPV.

Also Kofi listing off all the teams that are worse than The New Day would have been a perfect lead into bring up Enzo and Cass. The League of ZZZ turning up ruined a segment that was going alright. It felt like a RAW segment by the end.

Frankly it might have been one of my favortie parts, but I'm super biased, The Social Outcasts are just hilarious to me

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Brock cannot be in the main event of anything right now.

He's the top face and biggest attraction the company has...with nothing even resembling a top threat. He's Austin without McMahon/Rock/HHH waiting in the wings. It's kinda the worst case scenario.

When the same thing happened (but with him as a heel last year) it sort of worked because the contender the fans wouldn't accept was pinned by the upstart Rollins in a total sidestepping of conventions, getting the belt on someone fresh, turning Brock face and giving him a natural rematch at the next big show which they parleyed into a pretty decent feud with the Undertaker.

This time, there's no Undertaker. There's nothing besides going rather outside the box or trying to energize something with the Wyatts.

Angry Grimace

They're going to give Ambrose the briefcase this year and have him lose the cash-in, Goldust will come out to Shattered Dreams just because fuck you that's why

Into

I guess its sorta slightly different set, they printed out different graphics!?

Also look where RAW is going to be headed:

Chicago
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Brooklyn

The Road To Wrazzledazzle, a 46 year old practically retired wrestler vs a guy who aint over.

Queue in Lapsed Fan Hunter impression: "He is going over to Wrestlemania, to go over, but he is not over, i am over, its all over!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom