• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Fastlane 2016 |OT| Roundabout to Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

espher

Also Kofi listing off all the teams that are worse than The New Day would have been a perfect lead into bring up Enzo and Cass. The League of ZZZ turning up ruined a segment that was going alright. It felt like a RAW segment by the end.

As soon as they mentioned LoN in the conversation, who were built as a (terrible) stable and not a dedicated tag team, I knew that's where this angle was going and died a little inside.

Striker

Vince is definitely at the root of the WWE's issues... BUT is Triple H manipulating this set of circumstances to A) put himself over, B) sabotage Vince and C) undermine Roman's push despite the fact that we're headed to title win #3 in a 5-month span? Undeniably.
dancebookdance.gif

shanafan

That other Diva match was just pathetic and total garbage. It was seriously disrespectful to all of the effort that the other women have put in.

Blame Brie. Charlotte can carry a good match, while Brie just looks clumsy out there.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Blame Brie. Charlotte can carry a good match, while Brie just looks clumsy out there.

Hopefully its the last we see of her for a long time. At least going into Mania we're likely looking at Charlotte v Sasha v Becky, which has a good chance at being the best women's match the WWE main roster has ever seen. That and KO v AJ Styles are the only two things I am looking forward to going into Mania.

Raw64life

Booking wise Ambrose should beat Brock but the match has to be No DQ. Ambrose's ultra weak looking offense beating Brock would be insanity. He needs to bury him under 100 chairs or something.

rugioh

Banned
I will always think Triple H is a jerk, but man you gotta give the man credit for sneaking his way into WM main event in 2016 while avoiding all of the heat lmao. Everyone's so caught up with Reigns they don't see the wool being pulled over their eyes, meanwhile Haitch keeps sneaking paychecks in fuckin 2016

Hex

Banned

I do blame Brie, but Charlotte can't carry anything.
She needs as much help as she can get in the ring and can not carry a match on her own.
She is sloppy and awkward between signature moves.

I will always think Triple H is a jerk, but man you gotta give the man credit for sneaking his way into WM main event in 2016 while avoiding all of the heat lmao. Everyone's so caught up with Reigns they don't see the wool being pulled over their eyes, meanwhile Haitch keeps sneaking paychecks in fuckin 2016

Not only that he is inching his way closer to getting ahead of Cena in Titles while nobody is looking.

The best part was when he came back in the Royal Rumble from being taken out by Roman for no reason and tossed guys out 15 years younger than him despite not wrestling in a year and being a part timer and won the whole thing clean. And he's supposed to be the heel.

After Hogan he's the best politician of all time.

I'm still kinda pissed about how clumsy Ryback is in the ring. He couldn't have taken a few more seconds to make sure he didn't fuck up Harper's shoulder.

joelseph

when watching this live the WWE network was kind enough to use its inconsistency to spare me two things.

The first being that shortly into the divas title match it just froze completely causing me to hard reset the console and then sit through 10 minutes of checking for data corruption thus allowing me to miss the match and instead watch a percentage bar increase, possibly the stronger option.

And most magnificently as soon as Reigns hit Ambrose with the spear it skipped ahead 5 seconds to the sound of Lillian yelling "..REIGNS!" thus ensuring I avoided any false hope kick outs by skipping the pinfall entirely.

These both happened to me as well!

ngower

I missed the first half (forgot lololol) but apparently missed the best match (AJ v Y2J) and and a decent match (KO v Dolph) of the night. So my impressions of Fastlane are woeful given the Edge segment and Social Outcasts match were my first hour of the night...but good lord what a bad PPV. This is the PPV before Mania! If this was in some slump I could understand but the storylines just felt so misguided and aimless.

The main event was actually quite good. They were telling a phenomenal story. And the end with Dean going nuts with the chair shots was the perfect ending...but Roman's miraculous resurrection deflated everything. If Brock is dying after a few chair shots but you had as many AND a submission hold and then rise to give a weak ass spear that ends Dean...no, I just don't buy it. This is ultimately what kills me: Brock and Dean had great matches and either were deserving, but the weakest link won. And not in a Seth Rollins sneaky way, but we're supposed to buy that Roman is s00p3r str0ng....it just kills me. Turn him heel already. Make him go nuts, don't let him talk....I'm just so sick of the Roman we're being sold.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I missed the first half (forgot lololol) but apparently missed the best match (AJ v Y2J) and and a decent match (KO v Dolph) of the night. So my impressions of Fastlane are woeful given the Edge segment and Social Outcasts match were my first hour of the night...but good lord what a bad PPV. This is the PPV before Mania! If this was in some slump I could understand but the storylines just felt so misguided and aimless.

The main event was actually quite good. They were telling a phenomenal story. And the end with Dean going nuts with the chair shots was the perfect ending...but Roman's miraculous resurrection deflated everything. If Brock is dying after a few chair shots but you had as many AND a submission hold and then rise to give a weak ass spear that ends Dean...no, I just don't buy it. This is ultimately what kills me: Brock and Dean had great matches and either were deserving, but the weakest link won. And not in a Seth Rollins sneaky way, but we're supposed to buy that Roman is s00p3r str0ng....it just kills me. Turn him heel already. Make him go nuts, don't let him talk....I'm just so sick of the Roman we're being sold.

Reigns winning like that was quite jarring. For all the shit he gets, and I am no fan of his moveset either, Ambrose is capable of telling a story in the ring. Brock is the god king and doesn't need to tell a story, but Reigns is just out of place. I was quite enjoying the match, but the end felt way too sudden. Not sure if thats because of the booking or Reigns' inability to tell a story in the ring.

Sephzilla

I will say that after last night I'm not convinced that Ambrose is the most over guy in WWE. He's certainly more over than Roman, but I feel like Brock, Owens, and The New Day are all more over than Ambrose.

Lothars

I will say that after last night I'm not convinced that Ambrose is the most over guy in WWE. He's certainly more over than Roman, but I feel like Brock, Owens, and The New Day are all more over than Ambrose.
It doesn't help that they did everything to make Ambrose look weak.

Into

Dean does not know how to portray a token crazy person. The point is that they are unpredictable, to convey this you are suppose go from cool and calm to batshit insane, and switch between in the most unexpected ways. In wrestling you can have moves that you do in your calm state, and moves that you do in your crazed state, and switch it up.

Not Dean, he just gives head to the air, and is always 100% full speed, it comes across as acting, and nothing else. His flurry of punches looks goofy as fuck.

A big problem is that he's been in the right position a number of times and they have booked him to look weak. His IC title run was pretty good though.

Vestal

Gold Member

From a physical standpoint it looks like Dean has lost something. Most of the shit he does, doesn't appear to have any pop behind it. Compare him to a guy like AJ who is I think shorter, but his striking looks solid as fuck.

Brock is on another level period. No one in all of Pro Wrestling right now can compare to him, only other people on the same level in the last 3 years have been Dbry and Punk(Go figure both are gone).

Brock is what Goldberg was back in the late 90s, with the ability to Sell and Wrestle.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

He is definitely not more over than those people. Brock is a force of nature. The title should be irrelevant to him, much like Andre the giant back in the day. He should just be a monster who shows up and clears house from time to time. Owens being over is a problem from everything I read since he is a heel, and wouldn't be over as a face. New Day is incredible, but I don't see them ever being inserted into the hunt for the WWE title. Currently the only face I could see being in the title hunt other than Ambrose is Styles, and who knows what they are going to do with him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

AJ and Y2J wasn't very good, KO vs Dolph was episode 11 of the same match.

Del Rio vs Kalisto was their best match together yet, and they have good chemistry. Del Rio looking amazing.

ngower

What's the deal with Enzo and Cass? From everything I've read they've been touring with the main roster and had a dark match on Smackdown. It seemed like they were setting them up with that New Day segment then...nothing. Is this just the IWC taking a rumor and running with it? Surely there's room for them in the depleted tag division.

[EDIT] Also, and sorry (not really) if I'm making this too personal, but as a gay wrasslin' fan I'm getting *reeeeeeal* sick of the casual homophobia underlying the Goldust v R Truth stuff. I've always liked Goldust's flamboyance and I typically don't mind it, but R Truth always responding with these "WTF BRO?!?!" moments just seems a decade out of place.

Sephzilla

Also, what's the deal with Enzo and Cass? From everything I've read they've been touring with the main roster and had a dark match on Smackdown. It seemed like they were setting them up with that New Day segment then...nothing. Is this just the IWC taking a rumor and running with it? Surely there's room for them in the depleted tag division.

That Edge/Christian segment last night really seemed like it was building up towards debuting Enzo and Cass, especially after New Day started talking about all of the other teams they've gone through. Then the League of Nations came out and the entire segment turned into a giant wet fart.

Chopper

[EDIT] Also, and sorry (not really) if I'm making this too personal, but as a gay wrasslin' fan I'm getting *reeeeeeal* sick of the casual homophobia underlying the Goldust v R Truth stuff. I've always liked Goldust's flamboyance and I typically don't mind it, but R Truth always responding with these "WTF BRO?!?!" moments just seems a decade out of place.
Welcome to WWE "humour".

Vestal

Gold Member

Wrestling in general is pretty far behind the times when it comes to this sort of thing. Homophobia and Objectification of women are still part of the show for the most part.

ngower

Wrestling in general is pretty far behind the times when it comes to this sort of thing. Homophobia and Objectification of women are still part of the show for the most part.

Oh I understand, but it just...it's kind of dumb. I think what would be AMAZING is to have someone like Darren Young just turn heel and not be a Fandango or a Goldust but the calculated villain with an air of sexual ambiguity (think Disney/Bond villains) you see in the movies. THAT would be a compelling use of homosexuality to tell a story. Instead we're getting the comedic depth of a YouTube short produced by high schoolers. Paired with Cena/Style's history, it just seems kind of gross. I shouldn't let it get under my skin but there's NO F-ING POINT to the Truth/Goldust storyline. Like, are they trying to add depth to the tag division? Are they trying to put the aging Truth over? I just can't figure out why the writers put it in other than to have a gay-joke-of-the-week. Whatever, my two cents.

So if the dirt sheets are to be believed, the Wyatts jobbed last night because Bray v. Brock has been canned in favor of Brock v. Ambrose.

Poor Wyatts. Years of mismanaging and terrible booking has crushed their credibility.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eh? I thought it was a solid PPV match. Just how bad did you think it was?

Just not very good. Not good. But not bad. Just very pedestrian. Wasn't anything really. Didn't help AJ much at all. I didn't enjoy watching it. Felt slow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's the deal with Enzo and Cass? From everything I've read they've been touring with the main roster and had a dark match on Smackdown. It seemed like they were setting them up with that New Day segment then...nothing. Is this just the IWC taking a rumor and running with it? Surely there's room for them in the depleted tag division.

Fortunately things have come a LONG way since the 90s. If you go back, you'll be disgusted at some of the things wrestlers did.

Enzo and Cass are probably primed for the Raw after Mania. That's my guess. It doesn't hurt! It's a great night for new debuts.

Dean is over, great personality and mic work and most importantly... entertaining. I don't care about this work rate compared to Kurt Angle. It's a show, be entertaining, the hate for Dean is laughable

I said it before and I'll say it again. Roman Reigns needs to go all-out Evolution Batista Heel. Good god, just reading how bad this PPV was is making me upset.

Get rid of the ridiculous jacket.

Y'all better be booing him when he wins. Of course he's going to win. Bring vuvuzelas or some shit! Was he booed at Fastlane? Please tell me he was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dean is over, great personality and mic work and most importantly... entertaining. I don't care about this work rate compared to Kurt Angel. It's a show, be entertaining, the hate for Dean is laughable

I can't believe anyone hates him, he's a lot of fun to watch and has really proved himself as of late when he's put in main event stuff.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Roman Reigns needs to go all-out Evolution Batista Heel. Good god, just reading how bad this PPV was is making me upset.

Get rid of the ridiculous jacket.

Y'all better be booing him when he wins. Of course he's going to win. Bring vuvuzelas or some shit! Was he booed at Fastlane? Please tell me he was.

What if you like Roman Reigns though? I won't boo someone I like!

So if the dirt sheets are to be believed, the Wyatts jobbed last night because Bray v. Brock has been canned in favor of Brock v. Ambrose.

Poor Wyatts. Years of mismanaging and terrible booking has crushed their credibility.

Who cares?

Bray is boring anyway. They need to turn on him and make Harper the leader. He is the best Wyatt family member by a distance.

Sephzilla

Dean is over, great personality and mic work and most importantly... entertaining. I don't care about this work rate compared to Kurt Angel. It's a show, be entertaining, the hate for Dean is laughable

I don't hate Dean at all, I like the guy. I just don't think he's as over as the IWC wants to believe he is. His character and mic work is definitely the best part about him. His in-ring stuff is where I have criticism for him.

Everything I've ever heard about wwf says Vince calls the shots and has the final say, and Vince wants Reigns as champ, and it has been his project. You just have to look at how much of Raw has been devoted to him over the last six months to see that.

I don't doubt HHH has a massive ego and wouldn't say no to being champ again, so may be enabling Vince, but at the end of the day it's Vince's call, and Vince at the moment is doing everything he can think of to put Reigns over...and he apparently thinks this includes a HHH/Reigns mania main event.

And if HHH had so much stroke, the nxt women wouldn't have been put into those godawful teams when they got pushed up to raw

You do realise Triple Hs wife was the one introducing all these women debuting and saying she was the one who is going to revolutionise the division.

Stephanie and Triple H are just as bad. NXT is totally different because both of them are not on it. Once your favourite NXT wrestler is on Raw you can watch Stephanie slap him or her and Triple H put them down.

ngower

Fortunately things have come a LONG way since the 90s. If you go back, you'll be disgusted at some of the things wrestlers did.

Enzo and Cass are probably primed for the Raw after Mania. That's my guess. It doesn't hurt! It's a great night for new debuts.

Oh I've seen 'em. I watched wrasslin in the Attitude era. I've seen the fans chanting a wholesome "f" word at the flamboyant characters. I just wish that in a time where there are LOADS of other more compelling storylines, they wouldn't harp on this out-of-place bit with Truth and Goldust.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I've seen 'em. I watched wrasslin in the Attitude era. I've seen the fans chanting a wholesome "f" word at the flamboyant characters. I just wish that in a time where there are LOADS of other more compelling storylines, they wouldn't harp on this out-of-place bit with Truth and Goldust.

We're getting there. We're gonna make it.

Fortunately truth isn't HATING Goldust due to it. I set a pretty low bar for wrestling because jeez, look at its fans, but I agree it should be handled a lot better.

shanafan

You do realise Triple Hs wife was the one introducing all these women debuting and saying she was the one who is going to revolutionise the division.

Stephanie and Triple H are just as bad. NXT is totally different because both of them are not on it. Once your favourite NXT wrestler is on Raw you can watch Stephanie slap him or her and Triple H put them down.

Triple H is on NXT, as well as has a major backstage presence.

Ithil

I'm not sure who it is you think is running NXT.

10387795_289969847829k6jhf.jpg

Obligatory Starbucks coffee

Showaddy

Triple H is on NXT, as well as has a major backstage presence.

Well not exactly, NXT Triple H is a completely different character to RAW Triple H. Guy is loved, cuts a few super babyface promos and puts over all the talent like they're his own children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom