• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Fastlane 2016 |OT| Roundabout to Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we pretending Mania 30 was planned all along? Because it wasn't. Batista was winning the title against Orton.

People are buying the WWE's narrative; they lied and told Variety it was planned all along, so now fans who can't believe the company would ever do wrong won't believe otherwise because "THEY SAID"

He can't talk for shit but he's got plenty of natural charisma in his body language. That's how everyone noticed him in the Shield. Dude was the most popular member in just about everyone's eyes for a while there, let's not act like this never happened. His charisma falls apart when he does that horrible squinting smirk. Like I said, just a really miscast dude.

Google

Are we pretending Mania 30 was planned all along? Because it wasn't. Batista was winning the title against Orton.

What difference does it make how it came together? Someone had to make the decision for the end result to happen and they made the correct one.

Google

People are buying the WWE's narrative; they lied and told Variety it was planned all along

No. I have no idea what WWE creative said.

But I know the outcome and I watched the TV show and I saw how they put it all together. Regardless of original intentions they managed to get it to work well and pull of a great piece of TV. It could have gone in a multitude of other angles and it went down the one which resulted in great TV with a nice emotional payback.

kiguel182

What difference does it make how it came together? Someone had to make the decision for the end result to happen and they made the correct one.

They were forced to make that decision since the crowd was shitting really hard on their plan. Not even Vince was crazy enough to not do it after the crowd reactions they were getting weekly.

Also, if Punk didn't leave I'm not even sure they would do it so there's that. Let's not pretend this was some amazing booking WWE did. They were, because of the crowd and the circumstances, forced to go with it.

Vince was going to do Bryan vs Sheamus for god's sake. Are we going to pretend the man cares about what the people want?

And yeah, as was said in this thread, Roman is terribly miscast. His role as underdog makes no sense, just like Cena's role as underdog stopped making sense 10 years ago.

Wrestlemania Star is going to be something else.

Google

They were forced to make that decision since the crowd was shitting really hard on their plan. Not even Vince was crazy enough to not do it after the crowd reactions they were getting weekly.

Also, if Punk didn't leave I'm not even sure they would do it so there's that. Let's not pretend this was some amazing booking WWE did. They were, because of the crowd and the circumstances, forced to go with it.

Vince was going to do Bryan vs Sheamus for god's sake. Are we going to pretend the man cares about what the people want?

You're contradicting yourself in this very post.

You say that WWE had to make a change because of reaction the crowd was giving them.

Then you say the WWE doesn't care about what people want.

Which one is it? They either dont care and do what they want. Or they do care and react accordingly.

Ithil

You're contradicting yourself in this very post.

You say that WWE had to make a change because of reaction the crowd was giving them.

Which one is it? They either dont care and do what they want. Or they do care and react accordingly.

They don't until they are literally forced to.

Sephzilla

Vince doesn't care about what people want until he knows it will look really bad on him. He didn't want the main event of a major anniversary WrestleMania to end in a shower of boos, which is what WM30 would have been had they gone with the original Orton vs Batista plan.

Dude was the most popular member in just about everyone's eyes for a while there, let's not act like this never happened.
2vS52hP.gif

Dude was the Erick Rowan of the Shield, saying the exact same thing every promo at the end. Before the Shield broke up, he was most famous for falling on his ass when he tried to enter the ring over the top rope.

Google

Vince doesn't care about what people want until he knows it will look really bad on him. He didn't want the main event of a major anniversary WrestleMania to end in a shower of boos, which is what WM30 would have been had they gone with the original Orton vs Batista plan.

So the outcome was positive, they listened to the fans and most people were happy.

Whats the issue?

The issue was they instantly went back on it the very next night when Bryan was shunted into a B position Kane feud.

Everybody has to feud with Kane. Austin, 'Taker, Rock, even Triple H all feuded with Kane as champ. Plus, I'm sure Bryan enjoyed feuding with the guy he'd been teaming up with for months and is widely loved by the boys in the back for being a safe worker. Not that it'd make it a good storyline, but like it or not, Kane will be a top guy in the company until he retires. Not every main event can be IWC friendly.

Dude was the Erick Rowan of the Shield, saying the exact same thing every promo at the end. Before the Shield broke up, he was most famous for falling on his ass when he tried to enter the ring over the top rope.

Yup. Roman Reigns was never over. Not ever. It's all the WWE MACHINE confusing the stupid marks who don't know any better.

Hisoka

I love how salty some are.
Some people forget how much they demand.
"WE WANT NEW WRASSLERS" -> WWE signes AJ, Nakamura, ...
"WE WANT BRYAN TO WIN" -> WWE lets bryan take the title home

Would this just be about logic and stuff, Mark Henry would simply slam everyone to dust. The only one who could compete is Lesnar, the rest is breakfast.

That said, i didn't like the rumble, but WWE gets a pass because they did make some good decisions too. I wouldn't like to watch if the show would be just how all guys want it to be lol. Maybe i even watch it for the meltdowns already.
And honestly, i can't do anything about it. Beating the previous PPV from the last time is not that hard, my expectations are set.

Yep. Its easy, and a lot of guys are better able to find themselves as heels than faces. I think that would help Reigns tremendously.

It's a way for him to eventually turn successfully too. You constantly have Seth shitting on him and treating him like crap, teasing the turn, and when he finally does it the crowd would probably be much more receptive. It gives them a reason to cheer for the guy.

He can't talk for shit but he's got plenty of natural charisma in his body language. That's how everyone noticed him in the Shield. Dude was the most popular member in just about everyone's eyes for a while there, let's not act like this never happened. His charisma falls apart when he does that horrible squinting smirk. Like I said, just a really miscast dude.

He was? I thought that was Dean Ambrose. With Seth Rollins being the risk taker IWC darling that folks were worried woud get lost between Ambrose's popularity and Reigns' look

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Roman was by FAR the standout in the Shield, everyone went nuts for him. Everyone.

Roman was by FAR the standout in the Shield, everyone went nuts for him. Everyone.
Yep. I knew people would try and act like this never happened.

Two years ago, Roman Reigns was crazy over. He was the breakout star. We were all talking Dean or Seth since they had indie cred, but Reigns started getting the Superman Punch, his stupid arm reload, his yell, and his outside apron kick over with the crowd. WWE is still so stubbornly behind him because we made him popular and said we wanted him to be the guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I knew people would try and act like this never happened.

Two years ago, Roman Reigns was crazy over. He was the breakout star. We were all talking Dean or Seth since they had indie cred, but Reigns started getting the Superman Punch and his stupid arm reload and his yell over with the crowd. WWE is still so stubbornly behind him because we made him popular and said we wanted him to be the guy.

Yup. That's exactly it, too. People want to jump on the ISEC hate bandwagon and pretend like it never happened, but Roman was DESTROYING it by being the strong, silent guy in the Shield. The problem was he was put in the deep end (which is fine, for anyone really, I support this method) and it showed his weaknesses, and that's when people turned.

Toki767

That's really only because every match he'd spear someone through the barricade or power bomb someone through the announce table.

To this day those two moves are his only over spots and he does it like every other match.

jmdajr

Yup. That's exactly it, too. People want to jump on the ISEC hate bandwagon and pretend like it never happened, but Roman was DESTROYING it by being the strong, silent guy in the Shield. The problem was he was put in the deep end (which is fine, for anyone really, I support this method) and it showed his weaknesses, and that's when people turned.

No one hated Roman until WWE decided they wanted him to be the guy. And sure, those promos hurt. A lot.

And never forget the trials and tribulations of Daniel Bryan.

So yeah, lots of bad things happened.

hamchan

Roman was so over with his hot tags, coming in and destroying people. It was only once the SHIELD broke up that people realized he sucks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's really only because every match he'd spear someone through the barricade or power bomb someone through the announce table.

To this day those two moves are his only over spots and he does it like every other match.

That's fine though, because we're not talking about today. Back then he was THE GUY from the Shield who was going to hit it big.

Here's some jiffs that lit the wrasslin world on fire from when he was in the Shield before he was exposed.

FUCK YEAH
jNHv3yK.gif

GOD DAMN
tumblr_n23jq0w7761rnd4zno4_500.gif

CHRIST
tumblr_mynmzllRic1qh0kauo2_r2_500.gif

YES
U4KVArw.gif

He was on goddamned fire, and anyone that remembers it knows it's true. If you deny it, you're simply lying. VERENDUS HELP ME OUT HERE.

shaowebb

Looks less like him locking and loading that arm and more like him jacking off the Juggernaut of all erections. Besides his "superman punch" looks like shit compared to AJ's so why keep pushin it as a thing anyhow? In fact,why are they still backing him? They didn't even include him in the final 2 at the Rumble because they were worried the crowd would turn on him and actually root against him and might cheer for HHH. When someone is that under as a top carder that the heel goes face over them because folks want your man to lose that badly then you gotta get a new damned top carder.

That's fine though, because we're not talking about today. Back then he was THE GUY from the Shield who was going to hit it big.

Here's some jiffs that lit the wrasslin world on fire from when he was in the Shield before he was exposed.

FUCK YEAH
jNHv3yK.gif

GOD DAMN
tumblr_n23jq0w7761rnd4zno4_500.gif

CHRIST
tumblr_mynmzllRic1qh0kauo2_r2_500.gif

YES
U4KVArw.gif

He was on goddamned fire, and anyone that remembers it knows it's true. If you deny it, you're simply lying. VERENDUS HELP ME OUT HERE.

No, Seth was always fire. Remember that first Shield PPV match? Big moment: Seth going through a table like a scrub because he got stuck on a ladder and nobody helped him. Not everybody could have pulled that off! Star of the Shield!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, Seth was always fire. Remember that first Shield PPV match? Big moment: Seth going through a table like a scrub because he got stuck on a ladder and nobody helped him. Not everybody could have pulled that off! Star of the Shield!

Seth was great and I loved him. Still do. He's great. But the people went insane for Reigns even more.

Rollins was doing all the holy shit moments and Ambrose was the talker.

This is also correct, but people were going crazy for Roman.

Rollins was doing all the holy shit moments and Ambrose was the talker.

But Roman was the one who was *actually* over because he was booked to be the strongest. Just like he still is now!

This is also correct, but people were going crazy for Roman.

People were going crazy for SHIELD as a unit. I'm not sold that people were going nuts for Roman outside of the women/kids who still go nuts for Roman.

People were talking about Seth as if he was Jeff Hardy with a bigger upside. I was team Ambrose but basically the only one. Everyone liked Roman

Toki767

Two things should happen at Mania.

Crown Roman
Kill the Authority.

And then move on to whatever else is next.

There's nothing left for Roman after Mania. Less you put him in another feud with Sheamus or Bray Wyatt. Or turn Dean heel, which would be incredibly stupid and only serve to get even more people to cheer him over Roman.

From what i remember, Dean was the most over member. He did the great promos and wacky selling. Seth did all the great high spots. Roman did the power bombs and hot tags. But he was never the breakout star. Hence Dean has been getting pops since the split and Seth getting the title run.

He was over because the Shield was over. All signs point to this. He still hasn't even created his own personality, he's still clinging on to the Shield gimmick which is funny and sad.

jmdajr

There's nothing left for Roman after Mania. Less you put him in another feud with Sheamus or Bray Wyatt. Or turn Dean heel, which would be incredibly stupid and only serve to get even more people to cheer him over Roman.

I still think Roman should turn heel, and form a new stable.

Anoaʻi Corporation with The Rock as leader.

Never gonna happen though.

shaowebb

If they removed HHH from the storyline forever I'd be down with Roman or whoever actually caused it. You wanna get a man over? Have him be the man that gets HHH to sign a contract stating he will leave the show alone and leave the air entirely if he loses. If Roman goes in under that stipulation...or anyone for that matter, then they'd be over with the crowd. Everyone would want HHH to lose and would cheer the other guy eternally for putting him out of centerstage.

Nekofrog

Banned
I made a post about it in the OT, but one of the biggest thing going against Roman right now is that everyone else from The Shield has moved on, and he still has the same old entrance.

At this point, the opening guitar notes of Roman's theme music are so entrenched in bad will from the audience that they should eject that as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom