• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE TLC '13 PPV |OT| Don't Go Chasing Bigger Draws

Status
Not open for further replies.
20131120_HEADER_TLC_DATE%20b.png

Please stick to the Superstars that we choose for you

20131125_TLC_CenaOrton_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

World Heavyweight Champion John Cena vs. WWE Champion Randy Orton -Title Unification Match

20131202_TLC_Matches_LIGHT_bryanwyatt_C-homepage.jpg

Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family - 3-on-1 Handicap Match

20131202_TLC_Matches_LIGHT_punkshield_c-homepage.jpg

CM Punk vs. The Shield - 3-on-1 Handicap Match

20131202_TLC_Matches_LIGHT_DIVAS_C-homepage.jpg

Divas Champion AJ Lee vs. Natalya - Divas Championship Match

20131202_TLC_BigE_Sandow_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston vs. Damien Sandow - Intercontinental Championship Match

20131210_TLC_4Way_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

WWE Tag Team Champions Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio & Big Show vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. The Real Americans - Fatal 4-Way Match

20131209_TLC_KICKOFF_LIGHT2_C-HOMEPAGE.jpg

Dolph Ziggler vs. Fandango - Free YouTube Kickoff Match, 7:30 ET/ 4:30 PT

C56nbw5.jpg

Brought to you by WrassleGAF: We Put Smiles On People's Faces®

Raw64life

I'm trying to think of what they could've done to make me less interested in a title unification match than I am right now.

Azuran

Banned
And here I was thinking Vince had run out of way to make his golden boy the "best" wrestler of all time.

Nekofrog

Banned
I haven't watched wrestling in over ten years and I honestly have no idea who any of these people are outside of Cena and the other guy.

D-Stubbs

Really there's only five matches outside the pre-show? What the hell. I'm just gonna assume Cody and Goldust will be defending against someone. It be dumb to leave them off the card.

UberTag

Really there's only five matches outside the pre-show? What the hell. I'm just gonna assume Cody and Goldust will be defending against someone. It be dumb to leave them off the card.
Five predictable matches with obvious outcomes (Cena or screwjob, Punk via Reigns/Ambrose miscommunication, Wyatts cuz LOL, Aiii's object of obsession, Big E) is all people deserve for their $54.99.
It's what's best for business.

Surely Orton has to win if they're unifying the titles. No way they're keeping the WHC. Unless they pull some draw bullshit and they both swap belts. Dat John Cena overcoming the odds.

TLC is usually a good show. Damn reminds me of that awesome Ryback/Hell No vs Shield match from last year. Should check that out again.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why is Punk fighting the shield? What have I missed?

How is any match in WWE made these days?

Shield attacks Punk, authority figure comes out (take your pick, anyone from Vickie to Kane counts really, guest hosts too and so do segment hosts like Miz), and voila there's your match with no build to go.

And then just watch those amazing buyrates come in!

Is the legendary legacy of the chairs match over already? dammit WWE, you can't even book one your more reliable gimmick ppv events properly anymore, one TLC match wasted on the low risk stylings of John Cena.

Actually there seems to be quite a few people missing from this card, notably the tag teams, crossing my fingers for an impromptu multi man tag team ladder match to save this wreck.

Aiii

So not worth it
Actually there seems to be quite a few people missing from this card, notably the tag teams, crossing my fingers for an impromptu multi man tag team ladder match to save this wreck.

Smackdown spoilers:
WWE Tag Team Title Match
Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. Big Show & Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust

Which is smart, because Mysterio is only half-healed and what he really needs right now is to take bumps in a TLC match.

UberTag

How is any match in WWE made these days?

Shield attacks Punk, authority figure comes out (take your pick, anyone from Vickie to Kane counts really, guest hosts too and so do segment hosts like Miz), and voila there's your match with no build to go.
I miss the days when there were no mystical "authority" figures and wrestlers just fought each other and feuded 'cause they hated each other's guts, wanted to prove who was better in the ring or actually wanted to win a mid-card title belt. I mean, sure, even old school WWF had Jack Tunney but at least he hid away in his little office and didn't intervene with the actual programming unless absolutely necessary.

VoxPop

Havent been keeping up with pro wres but I'm glad to see theyre finally unifying the belts and not having two separate ones for different shows. Thought that was really stupid.

And wtf, 2 handicap matches?

Ex champ Dolph Ziggler on the Youtube kick off show.

LOL

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
When is Lesnar due to return? I want my Punk vs Lesnar rematch dammit!

God WWE sucks so hard these days. Makes me want to watch TNA. Is TNA less shit these days?

Foffy

Banned
Havent been keeping up with pro wres but I'm glad to see theyre finally unifying the belts and not having two separate ones for different shows. Thought that was really stupid.

They don't have enough of a roster to make two separate rosters like they used to. They could technically do it with NXT, but they can't be arsed. Since they removed separate rosters, the revived WCW belts (World Heavyweight and United States) have been really middle-to-low-tier belts.

potam

Banned
Question for WrasslinGAF (and I'm not trying to be offensive, this is an honest question):

Why do you guys watch this stuff? Is it in an ironic "it's so bad it's good" thing, or are you actually able to be drawn in to the drama? Just curious.

Smackdown spoilers:
WWE Tag Team Title Match
Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. Big Show & Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust

Which is smart, because Mysterio is only half-healed and what he really needs right now is to take bumps in a TLC match.

Oh so there is a tag team match...playa.
But no ladders though, just can Rey in the first 10 minutes and leave Big Show to fight alone so I can have my gosh darn ladders!
Or give Big Show his giant chair, it's what TLC is all about.

Ban Puncher

How did WWE manage to make a concept such as tables, ladders and chairs matches into something so dull?

And Ziggler isn't even curtain jerking now, he's the free PPV dark match?

DKd2a.jpg

Why do you guys watch this stuff? Is it in an ironic "it's so bad it's good" thing, or are you actually able to be drawn in to the drama? Just curious.

Personally, I watch for the matches more than the drama - but there's definitely an element of "so bad it's good" with some of the acted stuff. Most of it is just bad at the moment, though.

Also, it's worth noting that the world of wrestling doesn't begin and end with WWE, which is why I find myself watching wrestling on the TV less and and less and watching more wrestling like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASVEQ6VGkQA

They book half their PPV's the night of the show now. Gotta love how they build feuds

Aiii

So not worth it
They book half their PPV's the night of the show now. Gotta love how they build feuds

What feuds?

They just book matches. There's no builds. There's no feuds.

The closest they get to character and feud building these days is wwe.com exclusive videos where the talent get 1 or 2 minutes of time to improv.

Maddocks

cena new super champ. with luck it will ruin randy to the point of mental breakdown and he can get the hell off tv forever because he is boring.

smr00

Banned
Handicap matches are the only interesting matches on the card. Main Event? It's a lose/lose situation. Doesn't matter who wins because we as fans lose.

Blandy Orton or Same ol shit Cena.

kiguel182

Question for WrasslinGAF (and I'm not trying to be offensive, this is an honest question):

Because it's good.

Sure, sometimes it's crap but when you are invested in a guy and then they put him in an awesome storyline is something no other TV show really offers.

Just an example but just this week you had 16 000 people screaming for a guy that was giving shit to work for a long time and somehow made it just out of his talent and they were screaming is name instead of the main guys is the segment. It's something unique.

Also, the wrestling aspect of it is pretty great once you start to understand how it works.

So me, personally, I watch it because I really like it. The characters, the stories and the wrestlers make me do it.

Sure it's not always great but it's still tons of fun.

Also, how great was that last Raw segment? this PPV is probably going to be crap but RTWM is looking promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom