• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 to have taxi driving segments and animal hunting

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I really hope Daigo's role is improved over 4.
Dumbest plot-line in the whole game and entirely out of character.
I didn't even understand why he was fighting Kazuma to begin with. It seemed ridiculous that he would suddenly become greedy and power-hungry, especially considering the events of Yakuza 3.

For males, I agree. For females, They are one of the worst.

Nah, they definitely aren't one of the worst. It's just you see so much detail within male characters that when you see female characters it's much less impressive, which I agree. It's quite odd, but the facial design is still decent.

Dantis

I didn't even understand why he was fighting Kazuma to begin with. It seemed ridiculous that he would suddenly become greedy and power-hungry, especially considering the events of Yakuza 3.

Don't get me started. Seriously.

I loved Yakuza 4, but man, that, combined with horrendous last boss fight, really brought the game down overall for me.

IrishNinja

The Date game for Vita that involves rubbing the touchscreen to dust off old police records and using AR and the gyroscope to take pictures during his stint as a reporter will be great.

i had no idea. i really want this now, and will totally buy a vita if its localized!

I really hope Daigo's role is improved over 4.
Dumbest plot-line in the whole game and entirely out of character.

see, i was confused there too -
i thought he was just taking a beating for bending over for the cops like that?

The actual last fight? Against Tanimura's boss? It was absolutely terrible.

That one should have been first, and then it should have ended with Daigo. To not end with a Kazuma fight was criminal.

yeah, but it was Tani's moment in the sun, he's pretty much been benched since then anyway which is a shame cause i kinda liked his fighting style.
still, they paired all 4 up with people who'd match them (well, Aki's worked anyway), and since he was the mastermind & tani's boss, what you gonna do? it made more sense as the finale since, again, i wanst even sure what kazzy was doing besides spanking Daigo for fucking up

Shahed

I'm kinda torn here. Kazuma's Taxi missions and Saejima's hunting sound awesome.

But then Haruka's idol stuff looks like it will kill me. I hated all the Hostess parts in previous games.

Persona86

Banned
66wr58.jpg

547op5.jpg

4bzo5v.jpg

3xgrvz.jpg

2c8p53.jpg

11dr41.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/139/G013951/20120717037/

http://andriasang.com/con1yc/yakuza5_cast/

From the first Yakuza 5 screenshots I noticed an improvement in lighting.
These screenshots really show how great it is compared to yakuza 3 and 4. Wow.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Saejima in jail again? Kiryu a cab driver? They went from being Bosses of Bosses to the dregs of society.
Ah, okay. I think it's a bit early to voice concern over the game when they haven't even shown an official trailer, but I can certainly see why you'd think Yakuza 4's ending was being written over. Unfortunately, that seems in keeping with the series.

kuroshiki

I'm kinda torn here. Kazuma's Taxi missions and Saejima's hunting sound awesome.

But then Haruka's idol stuff looks like it will kill me. I hated all the Hostess parts in previous games.

I hated hostess part too, but a little rhythm action doesn't hurt.

Nah, they definitely aren't one of the worst. It's just you see so much detail within male characters that when you see female characters it's much less impressive, which I agree. It's quite odd, but the facial design is still decent.

No. I believe they are doing really shitty job. They should improve that section if they want people to master hostess mini-game.

Co-op could be fun too, even if it were just brawling. I never played the bowling/racing in 4, so I don't know how well multiplayer works in the Yakuza series.

Top Bottom