• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 to have taxi driving segments and animal hunting

Tizoc

wHAT THE why's IrishNinja banned?

Just saw some of the images, the wait for this will be painful X3

The wait is so hard, also the talk show segment will get cut for the same reason some small part got cut from RGG4, the Japanese signs are textures so unless sega goes in and translates. Translation companies won't be able to change it.

1enimd.jpg

2mycv9.jpg

3jnicz.jpg

You'll also have to converse with passengers, counseling them in their problems. It also looks like Kazuma will encounter some tough clients, including drunks and criminals who try to rob him.

Kazuma will also get into race battles with a street gang called Devil Killer -- sometimes even during a transport mission! Your goal here is to outpace your rival, making use of drifts for fast cornering. As one would expect of a Yakuza game, you'll be able to make use of Heat Action moves to pull ahead of your rival.

The game also has a car customization component. You can set your car's body color stickers, tires, and even the music that plays during races.

http://andriasang.com/con1tp/yakuza5_taxi/

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Haruka's Another Drama mixes rhythm and simulation. Your goal is to make Haruka into the top placer in the Princess League idol contest. You'll have to make her take part in lessons and song and dance tournaments via a rhythm mini game. The simulation part comes through interviews with magazines, fan hand shake meets, and appearances on quiz programs, much like a real idol.

http://andriasang.com/con1x8/yakuza5_haruka/

Haruka's Another Drama mixes rhythm and simulation. Your goal is to make Haruka into the top placer in the Princess League idol contest. You'll have to make her take part in lessons and song and dance tournaments via a rhythm mini game. The simulation part comes through interviews with magazines, fan hand shake meets, and appearances on quiz programs, much like a real idol.

http://andriasang.com/con1x8/yakuza5_haruka/
No photoshoots?

Has there been any talk of fighting mechanics? I wonder if interaction with the environment will be as seamless as the shift from roaming into fighting will be this time around.

IrishNinja

But I'm not convinced that is really an option.

yeah - ill go digital day 1 and import the physical copy if it's a nice LE or something, but im not sure yet either. Sega's saying they're going in that direction but i'm not seeing it yet.

Were you going to start an LTTP for Kenzan, Irish? I'm planning on starting the game in a few days but wanted to wait to see if somebody else was playing first.

wait no longer, my friend! i'm playing it tonight!

Sure, I'll just add it to the list of things I hope(d) for:

- Yakuza Kenzan
- Valkyria Chronicles 3
- Seventh Dragon
- Monster Hunter 3rd or TriG
- Ace Attorney Investigations 2
- Type 0
- Yakuza 5

Hoping is fun!

:(

when you put it like that :(

Then again, they HAVE brought over ALL previous Yakuza games in the main series so...

Tizoc

I spit at you non-believers, I SPIT!
This will get an English release...maybe not a European release, but I think SEGA will manage to get that done somehow.
...but it will get an English release, BELIEVE!

Sure, I'll just add it to the list of things I hope(d) for:

- Yakuza Kenzan
- Valkyria Chronicles 3
- Seventh Dragon
- Monster Hunter 3rd or TriG
- Ace Attorney Investigations 2
- Type 0
- Yakuza 5

Hoping is fun!

eh, Kenzan is simply too late, VC 3 is for psp which is dead in the west, same for Yakuza psp, all other games are not even Sega games.

Yakuza 1-4 and Zombies made it to the west, I'm still optimistic it'll still be released here.

I didn't specifically list SEGA games and I know there may or may not be somewhat valid reasons for why games didn't come over. That being said, Yakuza and SEGA are dead in the west, too. So it somehow works out anyway!

ekim

Wow. That hunting screens look amazing. Why do most of you guys think that there will be no english translation?

Wow. That hunting screens look amazing. Why do most of you guys think that there will be no english translation?

Yakuza games sold less and less in US, although with no english dub, I don't know how costly is the localization process compare to the sales number. I still think digital release is possible though if they don't think retail is not worth it.

AngryMoth

Yakuza games sold less and less in US, although with no english dub, I don't know how costly is the localization process compare to the sales number. I still think digital release is possible though if they don't think retail is not worth it.
What about European sales, could that save the day?

IrishNinja

The game will come will a Rosetta Stone trial code instead of being localized.

ahaha...ice cold

It could, actually. There's a reason Europe has been getting better LEs than the US of japanese console games lately, Yakuza included. And Europe is where Sega's western branches are being run from.

i wasn't aware of that - it was crushing watching even AU get a steelbook for 4 and not us, though. huh.

daycru

It's the series Tony Hawk 4. It's not worth playing unless Yakuza appeals to you primarily because you're a weaboo.

Hopefully Yakuza 5 adds back some of the substance to the gameplay and boss battles.
Loved Yakuza 3. 4 had me doing a bunch of creepy shit with lounge hookers or whatever hostesses are supposed to be.

Top Bottom