• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 to have taxi driving segments and animal hunting

stn

I think there might be a major update for Yakuza 5 and at the same time they will officially announce Yakuza 1&2 HD
If you were actually Yu I'd tell you to release Shenmue 3. :( Oh well, REALLY hope Y5 gets localized. I'm already disappointed that I missed out on Kenzan, and Black Panther 1 and 2 for the PSP.

I'll be buying this HD collection if it releases, though I still have the PS2 originals. :)

totally forgot about Karou.

and man, there's one thing ive wanted to see him do - quietly thank dojima for his services, beat everyone's ass for their incompetence and just take the throne. Yakuza 6 would be "the fall of Kiryu" and youd have hundreds of yakuza and ninjas fighting him to end his terrible reign, and Daigo is the only one who can knock him down, and then he steps down and says "and thats why you always leave a note" "now you're storng enough to rule" and fades off into the sunset of okinawa.

tuu2A.jpg

like that, but with Kazzy-chan.

This post is full of so much awesome.

IrishNinja

i'm sayin! 4 had that magical moment when you've used other characters for so long, getting kazzy back in chapter 4 was kind've special, and beating up your prior characters felt so cool.

now imagine him as the bad guy, with the kind've last-boss difficulty to make Mine from 3 feel like easy mode, because he's fucking lvl 99 HEAT mode after all those people you trashed as him. sure, beating him as Seajima felt nice, but an older, gnarled/hairy kazzy who worries even Majima would be such a great villain, and one with a purpose too.

That would be amazing. It's always awesome to see/fight a series' previous playable character in a sequel. Every series should do something like imo (like the next SSB could have Mario be the final boss and he's a god tier, SNK boss-level broken badass).

Fighting Kazauma
was the only time I lost in Y4, so Sega would certainly make him even tougher and would be a fitting, kickass ending to the game.

Okuda's character is surrounded by mystery. The character is apparently pursuing the main characters.

66wr58.jpg

Katsuya is the head of a talent production company with ties to organized crime.

547op5.jpg

Daigo first appeared in the Yakuza series in Yakuza 2. Tokushige says that his line count has gone up many times for Yakuza 5.

4bzo5v.jpg

Mayumi works at a club in Fukuoka. She plays a major part in the story of Kiryu and the other main characters and will also appear in the other four cities.

3xgrvz.jpg

Baba is a prisoner in Hokkaido whose life changes greatly when he meets Taiga Saejima.

2c8p53.jpg

Takasugi is a loan shark from Nagoya who's pursuing former baseball star Tatsuo Shinada, one of the game's five main characters.

11dr41.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/139/G013951/20120717037/

http://andriasang.com/con1yc/yakuza5_cast/

IrishNinja

^agreed 100%.
Dojima looks like such a boss, i hope he's not chumped like he was in 4.
majima's sidequest in dead souls was even worse, haha

also, @ spring-loaded - really? nice catch if true! wish i could've made it through that movie, might try again one day...

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The first screenshot looks amazingly good. I'm firmly of the opinion that Yakuza 4 has the best looking cutscenes, so these should be mind-blowing.

Can't wait. If Sega brings this over, I'll buy copies for everybody I know.

The faces look good, but they also looked great in the Y3 and Y4 cutscenes. It'd be nice if the in‐game visuals were at that level.

The faces look good, but they also looked great in the Y3 and Y4 cutscenes. It'd be nice if the in‐game visuals were at that level.

That would be nice, but it's fair to say that we can't realistically expect that from a game that barely sells one million units worldwide. Having those great animations and high post-processing cutscenes for more than the key story moments would be way too costly.

Tizoc

totally forgot about Karou.

and man, there's one thing ive wanted to see him do - quietly thank dojima for his services, beat everyone's ass for their incompetence and just take the throne. Yakuza 6 would be "the fall of Kiryu" and youd have hundreds of yakuza and ninjas fighting him to end his terrible reign, and Daigo is the only one who can knock him down, and then he steps down and says "and thats why you always leave a note" "now you're storng enough to rule" and fades off into the sunset of okinawa.
No thanks I don't like 'heroes turning bad/evil' or their 'fall from grace', after watching the ending for Yakuza DS, it solidified Kiryu as an awesome protagonist.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I love how much the characters closely resemble the actors who play them.

More time with Daigo is great too. He's one of my favorite characters.

geebee

Banned
I think that's Sho Aikawa from Dead or Alive! :D

I think he was in Takashi Miike's Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku movie. That's fucking awesome if it's him.
Oh yeah, it's definitely him. This game is going to be amazing! I'm still waiting for Riki Takeuchi to make an appearance in a Yakuza game.. even though I've beat up quite a few street thugs that have a similar appearance.

No thanks I don't like 'heroes turning bad/evil' or their 'fall from grace', after watching the ending for Yakuza DS, it solidified Kiryu as an awesome protagonist.

I don't think he means Kiryu would turn bad, you'd just have to fight him. It's like in Y4 where
you fight him as Saejima
or
you fight TanimuraxAkiyama
. It could just be because of a misunderstanding or divergent, yet equally good/understandable goals. There's something inherently badass about it.

Looks like Thursday's update may be about Yakuza 1+2 HD

Sega is teasing a major announcement related to the Yakuza series. The Yakuza official site promises a major announcement in one day, which presumably means Thursday.

It's notable that this announcement is at the main Yakuza portal and not the Yakuza 5 official site. This could mean that the announcement concerns something other than Yakuza 5.

http://andriasang.com/con1ye/yakuza_announce/

It may be in this weeks Famitsu, and that info will start leaking out in a few hours.

SenEXunk

Banned
Dem faces @_@ Im licking the screen cause how beautiful they look. Uncharted eat yo heart out.

Mayumi and Baba look average though.

IrishNinja

I don't think he means Kiryu would turn bad, you'd just have to fight him. It's like in Y4 where
you fight him as Saejima
or
you fight TanimuraxAkiyama
. It could just be because of a misunderstanding or divergent, yet equally good/understandable goals. There's something inherently badass about it.

exactly! like 90% of my badass western comic moments as a kid happened because of misunderstandings. I want Kiryu doing this with a purpose: you saw the seeds of it in
him being disappointed in/fighting Daigo in 4's ending
, he's one fucking man and he can't be left to his orphanage for even a year without an entire massive family falling apart and practically begging him to come fix something. this would be one approach to solving their dependency on him: force them to come together and step up, and it'd give Daigo a chance to really grow as a leader, too.
i mean, imagine a manly-tears, fist-to-the-sky finale battle with the two while having flashbacks of playing the other way around in Yak 2 to convince Daigo to take the spot in his youth, that'd be awesome!

Looks like Thursday's update may be about Yakuza 1+2 HD

It may be in this weeks Famitsu, and that info will start leaking out in a few hours.

awesome, i need screens and details. F5'ing so hard

I'm late to the party, but those models look great. More on-screen time for Daigo is also great.

speaking of - since we finally got to play as Majima (and Goda, too!), i think Daigo is my next character i wanna have a go at, even if its just making hard decisions about the family. likewise, id be down for an investigation portion as Date!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
speaking of - since we finally got to play as Majima (and Goda, too!), i think Daigo is my next character i wanna have a go at, even if its just making hard decisions about the family. likewise, id be down for an investigation portion as Date!
The Date game for Vita that involves rubbing the touchscreen to dust off old police records and using AR and the gyroscope to take pictures during his stint as a reporter will be great.

I wish Date's daughter would make a return. Her mission in the original Yakuza was a fairly important, dramatic scene, but she's never come back since.

Dantis

I really hope Daigo's role is improved over 4.
Dumbest plot-line in the whole game and entirely out of character.

Top Bottom