• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidys

Jesus fucking christ... So hard to watch and it gets worse
https://youtu.be/QOVrrL5KtsM?t=241

That is one of the hardest videos I've had to sit through in a while. It sickens me that straight up child abuse has not only been permitted but bloody monetized for so long.

I wonder why so many companies are no longer advertising on Youtube ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

What a freaking joke that Ethan guy is. If I could punch through screens to the other side...

There were 700,000 plus people like Ethan.

Fuck everything this shit makes me so goddamn angry.

BlitzKeeg

God. I knew I shouldn't have watched that. Now I'm just miserable.

Are there any recent developments in this story? I'm hoping that there are groups out there trying to find justice for these kids. Have they gotten anywhere so far? Is there any way a bystander like me can help?

Darkgran

uPYzwyX.png

They need to be on a watchlist

Their subscribers actually went up during all of this...

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UC8lV8KIVWvfsaqOi_d3Wu3w

DISGUSTING.

Dude Abides

Banned
One odd facet of this is that the psychotic mom is the biological mother of the older three but the stepmom of the younger two (probably one reason why they get the worst treatment).

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
My friend just told me about this shit.

I am fucking furious. Youtube still has those vids up but they are set to private? Fucking child abuse and gaslighting your own kids man...I don't even know what to say. That is the sickest and most vile fucking channel I've seen on YouTube. This is beyond fucked. I can't believe police haven't stepped in. Those kids need help. Fuck

I'm actually scared about what's going on right now with the kids due to all of this privatizing.

They better not be blamed for this...

Someone should dress up like Child Protective Services and them take their kids away. Then say "it's just a prank, bruh!" Except, for an extra layer, the person should *actually​* be with CPS! Spicy.

Arkeband

Banned
Wait... what?

So they got re-married or something?

No, if we're going by Philip DeFranco's video, and correct me if I'm wrong, someone:

DaddyoFive and first wife/girlfriend had two kids (cody and girl)

First wife/girlfriend lost custody of kids, may have mental illness and be an unfit parent as well

DaddyoFive and new wife have three kids, first wife accuses second wife of forging documents to take away her children.

Kids are basically screwed no matter what they do.

rjinaz

No, if we're going by Philip DeFranco's video, and correct me if I'm wrong, someone:

First wife/girlfriend lost custody of kids, may have mental illness and be an unfit parent as well

DaddyoFive and new wife have three kids, first wife accuses second wife of forging documents to take away her children.

It still doesn't make sense because it's the youngest children that are the children of the "first wife". In order for what you are saying to be correct the 3 kids of the new wife (the one in the videos), would be the youngest.

Dude Abides

Banned
Wait... what?

So they got re-married or something?

Apparently. In their "apology" video they mention how the kids have been through separation before and that's why they didn't do a divorce "prank."

It still doesn't make sense because it's the youngest children that are the children of the "first wife". In order for what you are saying to be correct the 3 kids of the new wife (the one in the videos), would be the youngest.

Correct.

The question being why are the three from the more recent marriage the oldest?

But aren't cody and emma the younger kids?

The question being why are the three from the more recent marriage the oldest?

guess the new wife already had these children from a previous husband/boyfriend, they didn't make any new child together

hidys

Nivash

That's the gist of it. One of the DeFranco videos also showed some information from the original mother, who apparently is bipolar (which doesn't make her unfit by definition BTW, it can be managed). It alleged that the father had actually bailed on the kids for years until the mother finally got a hold of him and got him involved again. According to the biological mother, at some point after this the step mother pressured the father to sue for full custody which he - again, according to the biological mother - succeeded in by manipulating the kids to lie in court about being abused. The biological mother seems to have had very little contact with the kids after that.

I'm inclined to believe her, based on the videos. The father strikes me as a manipulative bastard fully capable of doing something like that. The step mother too, for that matter.

As I understood it, the older kids are actually the father's step children.

Arkeband

Banned

...okay so yeah something doesn't make sense here. The three older ones must not be biologically his. This would make sense if the younger two are both redheads and the older three aren't.

That's the gist of it. One of the DeFranco videos also showed some information from the original mother, who apparently is bipolar (which doesn't make her unfit by definition BTW, it can be managed).
For sure, I wasn't trying to say it can't be, just that it may play a role, considering the woman offered up that information herself for some reason.

Not necessarily. First, he and now-wife have three kids, then they separate and he has two more with someone else, then that falls apart and he gets back with now-wife and also gets custody of the younger two.

Or that.

This is where it starts to get sketchy because for us to actually "find this stuff out" we're bordering on witchhunt/doxxing. We'll have to wait until this is reported on by someone to avoid breaking site rules. It's not worth going down this rabbit hole at this point in time.

Dude Abides

Banned
...okay so yeah something doesn't make sense here. The three older ones must not be biologically his. This would make sense if the younger two are both redheads and the older three aren't.

Not necessarily. First, he and now-wife have three kids, then they separate and he has two more with someone else, then that falls apart and he gets back with now-wife and also gets custody of the younger two.

rjinaz

Yeah that has to be it. That or the three eldest aren't his kids.

Nivash

Huh, that could explain it. I did see mentioned somewhere that he was divorced twice.

DrBo42

Those are some real garbage parents. Sad the youngest has to deal with that constantly. Can't imagine what it's like for him in school with videos of him crying being circulated. YouTube should pull their channel.

Tagyhag

This is where it starts to get sketchy because for us to actually "find this stuff out" we're bordering on witchhunt/doxxing. We'll have to wait until this is reported on by someone to avoid breaking site rules. It's not worth going down this rabbit hole at this point in time.

Good point, it could be a variety of different factors but at some point this much poking around becomes sketchy.

Cmagus

but here's the issue. They've been visited by CPS twice, apparently - so, as grim as this may sound - they might just be able to keep their kids. Maybe CPS is unable to make a proper case against them, maybe the children are, by now, indoctrinated in a way that they lie conclusively to CPS. We don't know, and sadly, there's nothing we can do about this.

What they shouldn't be able is to still promote, let alone monetize their abuse. And thereby serve as entertainment as well as 'role models' for equally sick people.

The big difference now though is that there is video proof. If they were investigated before and the kids said nothing is wrong then CPS doesn't have much to go on and it's much more difficult. I mean if the kids get taken away it's gonna suck for the kids but if they stay in a situation like this it's also gonna suck, at the end of the day in some way they will be effected.

It's not even like this is one video where the parents yelled at their kids, there is over 250 of them and it's probably a daily thing for these kids. Mentally Cody is probably exhausted seeing as he is the one who is the main target. This situation is rough and while bringing all this attention imo is the right thing to do I feel bad for Cody who is probably getting it worse at school and socially now all this is gonna blow up. hopefully it's resolved soon or at least kills the channel.

There is no way they're in on all of it, maybe some but those kids look 100% scared and distraught in the majority of the videos. The younger kids are being beaten up, sworn at and Cody is even punished because "you're a ginger" that isn't right. Then you have the older kids who are dishing out a lot of the abuse but you also can't blame them when you have the father telling them to do it and making them feel good and proud that they're doing it which will only cause more problems when they're older and think abuse is something that should be laughed at and rewarded.

When I saw all this yesterday I was pretty pissed about it and I was done with it because people have probably already reported it but it stuck with me and I'm still annoyed by it today, what a awful situation.

Nivash

This doesn't have anything to do with anything, but why is that guy trying to do a Rick voice from Rick & Morty all the time? It's clearly not his real voice. What's up with that? Bit of a weird choice when talking about child abuse.

He's playing a character called "Dr Downvote", there are a few more videos on other meta-YouTube stuff that uses the same spiel. I admit that it fealt a bit disrespectful to be honest. And now that you mention it, yeah, it's obviously an off-brand live action Rick.

Tigress

wait, so causing a mess and then berating/shoving your child while blaming them for the mess you created is a prank now?

that's incredibly fucking gross.

It's like the idiots who think assaulting some one is a prank. Ooh, I ran up and hit him! Haha. Laugh at my "prank".

Seriously bringing that young kid up to be a monster. He's going to have some serious issues later on in his life. What if a kid at school bullies him in anyway and he finally loses it.

Sadly what I predict is the kid is going to be the bully. His parents bully him and tell him it's his fault for being upset, I see him turning around and doing the same to some other kid. After all that is normally how you treat some one right? And if they are upset that is their fault for being upset.

Arttemis

That's a lot of injuries.
daddy_o_five_cody_injuries_by_digi_matrix-db6lbqc.gif

untitledq3qox.jpg

JUST A PRANK BREH!!!

1ewp0d.jpg

Baltimore Sun has published an article, they discovered that a police report was filed in North Carolina against the Martin family and the Baltimore Sun got a statement from YouTube that the videos were actually "removed" and not made private: http://www.baltimoresun.com/feature...age-pranks-children-viral-20170419-story.html

Some clips in here I hadn't seen. Jesus Christ. What happens off camera?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOVrrL5KtsM

Might be an important video in the future for reference

WORST DAD ON YOUTUBE: How repulsive was the hidden content of Daddyofive?

Jesus fucking christ... So hard to watch and it gets worse
https://youtu.be/QOVrrL5KtsM?t=241

daddy_o_five_cody_blood_3_by_digi_matrix-db6klbg.png

daddy_o_five_cody_blood_by_digi_matrix-db6kkhp.png

daddy_o_five_cody_blood_2_by_digi_matrix-db6kkhs.png

The dad says it's a scab and red ink.

Look at this:

animation1p6ujw.gif

Cody's reaction is to stay calm, because he has clearly been through this before. The other kids don't even flinch.

These pieces of shit and their torture of their children... I thought I had seen the worst last night, but watching the Nerd City video revealed another level of abuse. I had nightmares last night before even seeing the extent of their depravity.

I'm glad to hear the local police district is looking into this filthy human waste of space.

I know Nerd City is just being quippy when he says "for the views!!" after they show a clip of Cody yelling why they're doing this to him, but I think he's wrong. The piece of shit parents get genuine enjoyment out of torturing their children and would do it even if there wasn't money in it. But the fact that there was money in it made it all the worse.

They're still gonna torture the kids now that their channel has been shit down.

Budi

This doesn't have anything to do with anything, but why is that guy trying to do a Rick voice from Rick & Morty all the time? It's clearly not his real voice. What's up with that? Bit of a weird choice when talking about child abuse.

Well atleast he isn't turning it into sketch like h3h3 did, that was a bit disturbing. But yeah I definitely get what you are saying.

Edit: I also understand that there can be commentary through satire and such, I guess that happened too. But still considering the entire video, it really was in a poor taste. Could have cut the piss jokes atleast.

Those kids are legit crying and getting upset, no clue how a parent can just let it happen and not comfort let alone record and upload that shit. I hope a proper investigation is done and at the very least the videos are stopped.

rjinaz

Those kids are legit crying and getting upset, no clue how a parent can just let it happen and not comfort let alone record and upload that shit. I hope a proper investigation is done and at the very least the videos are stopped.

Unfortunately it would be the very least, because you know the abuse won't stop. Think about it. In order for these "pranks" to actually work, the parents have to act like they usually do when the kids are actually in trouble. If they started flipping out for an act, the kids would say "yeah sure". But they have to sell it, so they have to act like they normally would, to really make the kids scared. SO they cuss and scream.

Unless you buy what some are saying that all of it is fake and the kids are the best actors that there ever were and aren't ever really upset.

The parents actually encourage the kids to beat on each other and don't try and stop it. So yeah, it can be assumed that there is a lot of abuse going on outside of the cameras.

Slayven

It hasn't been pointed out nowhere, but the oldest boy obviously gets off on terrorizing the younger kids for Dad's amusement. Just watch his face

These fucks are actually abusing their children for money. How low can you go? This shit needs to be investigated and shut down asap. And honestly fuck anyone who supports this garbage.

FUBAR. More disgusting than most of the shit I've seen in an OR. I shouldn't be surprised at the unrepentant attitude of the parents, you'd have to have something mentally wrong with you to perpetuate this stuff for this long. One or both of the parents are suffering severe psychosis and I don't believe for a second that any of this stuff was scripted, anticipated, or faked. I sincerely hope those kids can be put in better custody as soon as possible, and as much as they'll be anguished in the short term I hope they'll see in the long term it was for the best.

FUBAR, christ almighty

Some ppl try to stay in a consistent character but also want to discuss serious issues. Weird mix, but I can dig it if it's helpful.

You can tell from the videos that the parents are both just dumb as a box of rocks. I'd estimate that they each have IQs somewhere below 80. One of the results of low IQ is a total disregard for future consequences. That's why they thought they could upload videos of obvious child abuse to the internet and get away with it. Most abusers are much smarter than these two idiots.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
FUBAR. More disgusting than most of the shit I've seen in an OR. I shouldn't be surprised at the unrepentant attitude of the parents, you'd have to have something mentally wrong with you to perpetuate this stuff for this long. One or both of the parents are suffering severe psychosis and I don't believe for a second that any of this stuff was scripted, anticipated, or faked. I sincerely hope those kids can be put in better custody as soon as possible, and as much as they'll be anguished in the short term I hope they'll see in the long term it was for the best.

FUBAR, christ almighty

I mean, if some of this shit was faked we're legitimately looking at some of the best child actors I've ever seen and they should go into movies, not shitty """"prank"""" videos on YouTube.

But it's very obvious this wasn't faked. And I mean, there is very obviously people being hit and hurt and tearing up things in the house going on in those videos. them trying to pass it off as all fake is 100% horseshit. The reactions, body language, and emotions are too real, and even ignoring the reactions they are physically being assaulted and suffering various things in the videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom