• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

Man this brought up a lot of shit I've repressed from my childhood. My heart goes out to these kids. They've never been a part of a normal household.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
So a friend of mine mentioned this to me and I told her how I already knew about it and then she said he apparently went to our high school. He would have been a few years younger than us. I haven't dug out my old year books to confirm but I did think he looked familiar for some reason. If true, it just confirms everything I think/know about where I grew up... not that I needed any more confirmation at this point.

Tigress

Man... these are the kind of things that make me wish Persona 5 was real life and some one could steal that kid's family's hearts. Foster care isn't a great place either but what do you do for a kid whose parents are f**cked up and may not have any other relatives that are much better (I don't know but i know some one was saying the bio mom was bi-polar. But I did hear that they sleezed their way into custody of the kids either way).

It's too bad there is no magic wand to make these people actually be good people (and also take their kids to a psychologist cause at this point at least some damage is done. A lot with the older kid who already is taking after dad).

I feel so bad for the younger kid (mainly cause the nerd city video mostly focused on stuff they did to him but I couldn't even finish that video honestly).

Watched the Nerd City video earlier, and that was tough to get through. This is now how you raise a family, they don't need one child never mind five.

Ugh, the rise of "SICK PRANKS LULZ" channels on youtube is a blemish.

Yes. That's a significant problem. "We have all this stuff! How can we be abused?"
Normalizing this already abhorrent parenting as an 'at least it's not' isn't just dishonesty from the parents, but it's planting the seeds inside the minds of these impressionable young kids that this is acceptable on any level. That thought process, sadly, has the tendency to damage other kids and even future generations. All around sad. Can't stress that enough.

This is what struck me as a poor argument, and something the kid was taught. Especially because it's clear that he's attached to his xbox and playing games, and they use that to make him cry and scream multiple times by pretending to destroy it, give it away, etc when he's done nothing wrong.

Jimothy

I feel like these videos are the logical conclusion of shows like Honey Booboo. People love watching low class people act low class to feel better about their own shitty lives. Daddyofive is like a white trash trainwreck and almost a million people couldn't look away. America

Keyouta

Shitty situation all around, watched the DeFranco videos and Nerd City. Hope CPS does something about it sooner rather than later.

No news in over a day...

I am terrified for those kids, especially Cody.

What bothers me is how unhinged these people are and there are guns in the house. The chances for something violent and terrible to happen get worse as these people continue to deal with the fallout of their actions. The hate messages, death threats, constant media attention, coupled with the likely loss of income from Youtube... the chances someone could snap ratchet up.

As a person who works with kids, let alone those with special needs, it absolutely breaks my heart and my heart is nearly broken on the daily.

At worst the kids get taken but then what? End up in the foster system? Are forever immortalized for having shitty parents and being participants in an underage fight club?

watch nothing happen to the parents

ReAxion

just checking into this thread for the first time. yikes.

we already decided as a society bum fights was bad, somehow someone thought substituting children was okay.

Kindekuma

Banned
It's just a prank, brah!

The channel is awful, I've seen the video as well as some reactions like Phillip and H3H3 to go a long with it. It's disgusting, being screamed at and then having your kids read off the end of the video red in the eyes from crying asking for likes and subscriptions is so off putting. Poor kids, I really hope behind the scenes they're not being forced to do these videos, "You're gonna do the video, _(name)_, or you don't get ________!"

As much as they deny it, seeing the video and how fast the parents can go from 0 to 100 and the swearing involved doesn't have me convinced.

Tahnit

Banned
That crying from Cody is not fake and not staged. He is devastated by what is happening to him. Multiple times he says he hates his dad and his stepmom. This poor kid...

And Emma. God that broke my heart watching her cry when they messed with her drawing.

The way the kids are reacting makes me think this is a daily thing. That not all of it is on camera.

I feel so bad for them and feel so powerless. I'm legit depressed because these kids are trapped.

Also I listened to the interview with cody and Emma's real mom. Sounds like mike forged documents to take them away from her.

I fucking hate these people (not the real mom).

Darknight

Can someone make them a prank of the cops going to see what the hell is going on in that house? I bet the parents would act like total children and pull the victim card.

Or maybe a prank where they get a letter from Child Services and needs them to come in.

Hope these guys land on jail eventually.

Nekofrog

Banned
My wife is a foster care social worker and supervises visits with kids exactly like Cody every day. She drives them around to get them to their medical appointments, helps them do their homework, and evaluates living situations with their biological parents. She was on the verge of tears last night when I showed this to her because she's seen the results of this kind of abuse first hand interacting with the children themselves.

But even when removed from these situations and placed in foster care, as much as the kids are grateful for being saved from those situations you know that they still hurt at the very idea that their own parents did this to them. Revolting.

The parents are clearly frustrated fuckwads who have "discovered" a "loophole" in which they can torture their children under the guise of "pranks". It's not like they genuinely believe these are pranks, but they have effectively given themselves an excuse to abuse their children.

You can clearly tell the parents are beyond frustrated. They constantly blame the kids and insist its their fault, in the middle of their abuse sessions they always yell and curse at their children for being "terrible", for "not valuing their stuff", for "taking things for granted". I know this is steering well into the armchair psychologist territory, but if I were a betting man I'd put my money on these fuckwads being failed, frustrated parents who have figured out a "creative" way to take their anger out on their kids.

Their audience consists of fucked up assholes who genuinely enjoy seeing children getting abused. There's that one screencap of one of his subscribers admitting to it: they know the kids are getting abused, but they enjoy seeing kids abused, much like some maladjusted asshole enjoying torturing animals. The failed parents see their success in YouTube as validation: if what they were doing was so wrong, how could they be so successful? And, much like any bully, they pick on the one kid who has the "best" (read: most psychologically damaging) reactions.

This environment isn't healthy for any kid. The parents have completely given up on their job. You can tell that they're not just doing this for the money: they genuinely enjoy seeing their kids beaten, they enjoy yelling at and cursing at their children, they enjoy blaming them for their parenting failures, and they feel perfectly comfortable framing this as a "prank", not because they genuinely believe it's a prank, but because they can use something as an outlet and excuse for their abuse.

Armchair psychologist again: I imagine the very first child abuse video they put up as a "prank" was some form of catharsis for them to blow off their anger as failed parents. Then they saw this was by far the most popular video they had ever uploaded, and proceeded to go again, and again, their views and audience increasing each time, and their own personal enjoyment of torturing their children increasing each time. They managed to figure out some fucked up way to turn their frustations at seeing their own kids crying, angry, and hateful toward them into a form of pleasure. They're going scorched earth: "if my kids are unhappy because I'm a monumentally shitty parent, at least I'll get some fun out of willingly abusing them. They would've been unhappy anyway, and hey I'm making money off this!"

These parents are monsters and are no longer parents. They're no longer interested in raising their children. They're objects to be used for their pleasure, they're outlets for their anger, and they're assets in their money-making scheme. They only care about them enough to ensure their freakouts and mental breakdowns are more explosive.

rjinaz

I feel like these videos are the logical conclusion of shows like Honey Booboo. People love watching low class people act low class to feel better about their own shitty lives. Daddyofive is like a white trash trainwreck and almost a million people couldn't look away. America

If you read the comments on that video by Phil, the people that are fans of the show almost entirely seem like kids or teenagers. I can imagine that the channel was sort of an outlet for them, they could feel better about any misery in their lives knowing these kids, in particular Cody, has it worse than they do.

...and probably some of the kids think it is actually fake because the adult parents said so.

rjinaz

The parents are clearly frustrated fuckwads who have "discovered" a "loophole" in which they can torture their children under the guise of "pranks". It's not like they genuinely believe these are pranks, but they have effectively given themselves an excuse to abuse their children.
Was watching another video on this and the host said that in MD child abuse is only classified that way unless it is sexual in nature or done with a weapon. Otherwise, it's corporal punishment.

It's how the parents get away with it. CPS can't do anything. If true that is some seriously messed up shit.

Syder

How are they going to clame this shit is fake when there are literally videos of bloodied and bruised kids? with wounds that go beyond the surface, body slams, and all kinds of other shit? What the fuck are these idiots thinking?
They're idiots so they don't think. Child abuse like this seems most common among poorly-educated parents. They don't know how to raise their children properly, so they get angry and strike out physically.

They're idiots so they don't think. Child abuse like this seems most common among poorly-educated parents. They don't know how to raise their children properly, so they get angry and strike out physically.

They're also narcissistic, sadistic, sociopaths, so in their minds, none of this is their fault.

Tahnit

Banned
Was watching another video on this and the host said that in MD child abuse is only classified that way unless it is sexual in nature or done with a weapon. Otherwise, it's corporal punishment.

It's how the parents get away with it. CPS can't do anything. If true that is some seriously messed up shit.

But cant local authorities?

Jimothy

Poorly educated parents were probably raised by poorly-educated parents. And so on, all the way down the line.

I really hope attention won't die down until something happens to ensure that these kids never have to suffer through that shit again.

There's gotta be something missing there, because that doesn't make any sense. You can starve a kid, lock him up, knock him out, beat him with hands so badly he goes to the hospital, and that wouldn't be abuse because it was not sexual and no weapons were involved?

rjinaz

But cant local authorities?

I guess not? Hopefully something will come from the new attention.

are these kids homeschooled? Otherwise I would have expected to see their classmates or friends speaking up or something by now

It's hard to know what is actually true here, but I read something somewhere that the reason Cody didn't get to go to Disneyland is that the parents got a note that he had acted out and threatened to cut himself at school.

If that is true, I guess that means they do. I'm still confused why Cody didn't go to Disney. The video was about how he spread his shit on the walls but the parents also said the real reason was too embarrassing and so they made that up. Shrug.

There's gotta be something missing there, because that doesn't make any sense. You can starve a kid, lock him up, knock him out, beat him with hands so badly he goes to the hospital, and that wouldn't be abuse because it was not sexual and no weapons were involved?

True. I think that abuse by the parents hands, is corporal punishment. As long as they didn't use a weapon. But I don't know the law. However, it does seem like CPS have known about this, as well as the local authorities since October and nothing has been done.

RRockman

Banned
It's like the dad never grew up. He's a psychopathic manchild that does not deserve the right to have offspring. He needs jail time desperately.

rjinaz

So not only do they abuse their children, but they allegedly forged the biological mother's signature handing over custody of two children.

I hope they go to jail not only for child abuse but fraud.

Right that's what the Mother and Aunt are saying. That those two forged papers saying the Mother gave them up to the Father. The Mother also claims that the judge wouldn't look at the case because she has Bi-polar and Anxiety disorder so he didn't want the kids with her because of that even though it doesn't seem like she wasn't capable.

At this point, I'm willing to side with the parent that isn't on camera abusing their children.

Drain You

I'm not an expert by any means, but I did a quick search and found this definition

http://dhr.maryland.gov/child-prote...e-or-neglect/what-is-child-abuse-and-neglect/
Physical injury not (necessarily visible) of a child under circumstances that indicate that a child’s health or welfare is harmed or at substantial risk of being harmed.
The failure to give proper care and attention to a child, leaving a child unattended where the child’s health or welfare is harmed or a child is placed in substantial risk of harm.
An act or acts involving sexual molestation or exploitation whether physical injuries are sustained or not.
Identifiable and substantial impairment of a child’s mental or psychological ability to function.
Finding credible evidence that has not been satisfactorily refuted that physical abuse, neglect or sexual abuse occurred.

RRockman

Banned
Right that's what the Mother and Aunt are saying. That those two forged papers saying the Mother gave them up to the Father. The Mother also claims that the judge wouldn't look at the case because she has Bi-polar and Anxiety disorder so he didn't want the kids with her because of that even though it doesn't seem like she wasn't capable.

At this point, I'm willing to side with the parent that isn't on camera abusing their children.

So she's not dead? You mean to tell me She can't get custody of her kids but is forced to watch them getting abused online while not being able to legally do anything??

The legal system is garbage! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Might be an important video in the future for reference

WORST DAD ON YOUTUBE: How repulsive was the hidden content of Daddyofive?

Jesus fucking christ... So hard to watch and it gets worse
https://youtu.be/QOVrrL5KtsM?t=241

I don't watch much YouTube outside of my small number of subs, but Keemstar has been knocked off the top of the list of youtubers I despite the most. That was hard to watch.

Surely. SURELY this is enough video evidence for Child Protection to take actual action? This is fucking nuts. The guy should be in jail. Disgusting fuck.

Joe

At what point does Google start receiving a fair share of blame for what is created and distributed on their platform?

Not any time soon is my guess.

Twitter gets vilified (rightfully) for their lack of action against their worst users yet Google/YouTube escapes criticism almost completely.

If Twitter was in charge of YouTube's comment section the criticisms against them would be loud and endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom