• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great Wrestlemania V review! I really liked it.

You guys should probably go out of your way to watch Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi if you like awesome wrestling. It was pretty damn great, a good step above their match in DDT last year.

Ibushi.gif

Ithil

Jr's never beat heavyweights (even though, visibly, there isn't much size difference between Okada and Ibushi).

Okada is 6'2, 230-something pounds, Kota is 5'10, 190 or so pounds. There's enough of a difference.
Though Ibushi seems to be bulking up so he can be a heavyweight eventually.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys should probably go out of your way to watch Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi if you like awesome wrestling. It was pretty damn great, a good step above their match in DDT last year.

Ibushi.gif

Wait, it's better than last year's DDT match? I friggin loved that match. Can't wait for tomorrow night when I get to watch!

What's your overall impressions of the show Boots?

Jamie OD

The whole Punk thing now reminds me of when Dave Chappelle all of a sudden quit comedy and went quiet as if he just vanished off the face of the earth. Punk even talked about that subject on Colt's podcast once so I wonder if there is any inspiration taken from that.

jmdajr

I love how my irrational hatred for Greg Valentine is shared by everyone.

Edit: Can we book Greg Valentine to win the next Avatar Rumble?

Turn on the Live Stream last night.

They were showing Old School. Valentine vs S.D. Jones.

I said NOPE.

Wait, it's better than last year's DDT match? I friggin loved that match. Can't wait for tomorrow night when I get to watch!

What's your overall impressions of the show Boots?

It was pretty good, but not spectacular outside of the main event. Tana and Naito vs Nak and Ishii was a lot of fun. Also, Doc and Anderson vs Shibata and Goto was great, but felt like a teaser for a later title match. The opening match was worth a watch as well, Komatsu and Tanaka looked good, plus Suzuki was using a bunch of Inoki and Gotch moves in tribute to the first New Japan main event 42 years ago.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was pretty good, but not spectacular outside of the main event. Tana and Naito vs Nak and Ishii was a lot of fun. Also, Doc and Anderson vs Shibata and Goto was great, but felt like a teaser for a later title match. The opening match was worth a watch as well, Komatsu and Tanaka looked good, plus Suzuki was using a bunch of Inoki and Gotch moves in tribute to the first New Japan main event 42 years ago.

I heard that Suzuki only used Inoki and Gotch moves in tribute, that's a really neat thing. Surprised to hear Doc and Anderson vs Shibata and Goto was great and not just passable. As much as I like Gallows...you know.

Looking forward to the show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this is the important part
I beat the single player, but man was it a choooore

Resolution...whatever. That doesn't bug me like a game being fun or not can. Games can be pretty, games can be ugly. I don't care. I'm playing an ugly piece of shit at a poor resolution and I'm having fun. Anyone else pick up One Way Heroics? It's DOPE. And looks like shit.

jmdajr

It's also not fun

The single player is getting a little better. But getting past level 1 was a chore.
Plus, I'm never gonna play multiplayer.

It's all good. It was a gift!

edit: Currently playing Assassin Creed 4. Last one I played was part 1. Never finished it.
Despite all these years the Gameplay still feels kind of wonky to me.

Luckily, it's a rental.

edit edit: To be honest the best next-gen" game I have played is Call of Duty Ghosts. It's the same fucking shit but the play mechanics are perfect. I'm in and out no problem. No hiccups in the experience.

I have no doubt Xbone line up had to be better. But I'm not giving them my 500 bucks. Can't justify it.
Didn't really need the PS4 either, but it cost less and will probbaly be 400 bux for years.

I would have been fine just playing PS3. Xbox 360 has been off for a long time.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, my TOTALLY CENSORED version of South Park is coming in the mail today. Well excited to check it out.

I thought about importing, but VGP had it on backorder and I figured I could just YouTube the missing scenes.

While I understand Ubisoft just not bothering with localization for Germany and instead screwing the whole EU over, why would they not just offer a free DLC unlock for countries that don't need to be censored? It's 2014 fs, we don't need to do this shit at all and Ubisoft can still have their low production costs all the same. *shrug*

Hasney

Yeah, Killzone is a mess. Really wish I didn't buy that and hell, I even got enjoyment out of Knack.

Enjoy South Park Aiii, I beat it last night after not being able to put it down even though the mechanics are a bit basic and SO EASY to become overpowered after your character hits level 3. But there's so much delicious fan-service that it would be a crime not to finish it and explore everything if you're a South Park fan.

Sephzilla

I actually enjoyed Shadow Fall more than the last two Killzone games, for what that's worth. I just don't play it much anymore because I'm burnt out on first person shooters. AssCreed 4 is pretty fun and its non-AssCreed enough for me to want to play it more than 20 minutes at a time. NBA 2K is still scary good looking though.

Hyped for inFamous soon.

jmdajr

Xbox customer support sucks. I'm won't be getting another LIVE subscription. If it's a gift sure I'll take it.

It sure took a lot not to go all CM Punk on them.
Would have preferred to go HHH, but some people still want to play their games.

Xbox customer support sucks. I'm won't be getting another LIVE subscription. If it's a gift sure I'll take it.

It sure took a lot not to go all CM Punk on them.
Would have preferred to go HHH, but some people still want to play their games.

You can't bury customer service!

Hasney

Ah NBA 2k14, if only they didn't try to microtransaction the hell out of it, it could have been amazing.

My Career got deleted for the second time with the last server schenanigans and you can't get the coin bonuses for a second time and still can't skip cutscenes. That's relegated to the trash heap for me.

Going to 100% Ground Zeroes before Infamous, but can't wait for either.

somedevil

From the Observer:

AJ Styles is expected to start working for New Japan Pro Wrestling as early as April. It's not official yet but talks are going on and those in NJPW are expecting a deal to be signed.

New Bullet club member or replacement for Devitt? Also will Tanahashi have to stop doing the Styles clash now?

From the Observer:

New Bullet club member or replacement for Devitt? Also will Tanahashi have to stop doing the Styles clash now?

Nah, Styles is gonna show up and hit the Clash on Tanahashi for stealing his damn move, the faggot (whoa AJ no need for that language)

Sephzilla

Not a lot of value these days. Started off fucking strong but man, too much BS recently.

Pretty much. First couple years of the Xbox 360 were legit fantastic. Then Microsoft decided to turn the Xbox into an expensive Roku and it seemed like great exclusives became an after thought. Plus Xbox Live became kind of stagnant and PS+ really caught up and passed XBL in a hurry. Now Sony's kicking them in the teeth again. So if Xbox = WCW, PlayStation = WWE, what does that make Nintendo?

Aiii

So not worth it
Not a lot of value these days. Started off fucking strong but man, too much BS recently.

You Americans were on the Xbox bandwagon for far too long anyways. Gold was never a good deal and having to pay to use Netflix when it's free on LITERALLY EVER OTHER DEVICE is beyond insane.

Also, I had to call to cancel Xbox Gold. What the fuck is up with that?

jmdajr

Don't get me wrong PS3 UI is a complete piece of shit and multiplayer gaming is s chore compared to Xbox. But I'm giving it a pass because I get so many fucking games it's insane. DMC, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite? But Xbox offers me Gears of war 1 to keep!

WOW THANKS!

Scottify

The reason I initially got my 360 was for Forza. I'm a huge racing gamer and back then I didn't know of any similar options on the PC. I haven't turned on my 360 in months. It's sad, in a way.

That toss from the outside into a powerslam is pretty damned cool.

You Americans were on the Xbox bandwagon for far too long anyways. Gold was never a good deal and having to pay to use Netflix when it's free on LITERALLY EVER OTHER DEVICE is beyond insane.

Also, I had to call to cancel Xbox Gold. What the fuck is up with that?

Eh, the reason they did that was because 360 was the first big device to get Netflix. But yeah, their reasoning is bullshit and it's going to cost them this gen, I think. They don't have the upper hand anymore.

Also lol yup I remember that call crap. They fixed it in the US, but it took years

jmdajr

The reason I initially got my 360 was for Forza. I'm a huge racing gamer and back then I didn't know of any similar options on the PC. I haven't turned on my 360 in months. It's sad, in a way.

I turned it on to try the WWE app.

And it didn't even work! It's a sign!

Hasney

Pretty much. First couple years of the Xbox 360 were legit fantastic. Then Microsoft decided to turn the Xbox into an expensive Roku and it seemed like great exclusives became an after thought. Plus Xbox Live became kind of stagnant and PS+ really caught up and passed XBL in a hurry. Now Sony's kicking them in the teeth again. So if Xbox = WCW, PlayStation = WWE, what does that make Nintendo?

Chikara

Aiii

So not worth it
I really never had any trouble with online play in PS3.

I have met people that had shitty routers though and couldn't get people to connect to them, but that happened on 360 as well as I spend a whole evening trying to get Guitar Hero multiplayer to work with a mate of mine.

Sephzilla

Don't get me wrong PS3 UI is a complete piece of shit and multiplayer gaming is s chore compared to Xbox. But I'm giving it a pass because I get so many fucking games it's insane. DMC, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite? But Xbox offers me Gears of war 1 to keep!

WOW THANKS!

PS3 XMB > Any of the Xbox Addboards.

Also - DmC? Puke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom