• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2008 NFL Off-Season Thread: Redskins' time to shine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know if this has been posted before and frankly i don't care. I give you Emmitt Smith's 2008 NFL Mock Draft:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2008emmitt.php

In the 2007 regular season, the Miami Dolphin became the first winless team to ever win a game in a regular season. Why did this happen, you ask? No talent in and around the locker room. You have Clyde Lemon at quarterback. You have Ronnie Brown at running back. He had been banged up. And you have Chris Chambers at receiver. He was sent sailin to San Francisco, or the Windy City, so to speak.

But Miami have a new sheriff in town. Parcells, or as some people like to call him, "The Big Dolphin." If you look at Parcells' history, he likes to grab quarterback with the first overall pick. He draft Drew Bledsoe in New England. He draft Vinny Testaverde with the New York. And now he will draft Matt Ryan from Boston College University.

bluemax

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
sooooo Vikings offseason acquistions own house. Sign Jared Allen and it's a superbowl berth. We've solved just about every problem except DE.

Second Round targets:
Early Doucet
Earl Bennett
Reggie Smith
Lawrence Jackson
Quentin Groves

Third Round targets:
Fred Davis
Frank Okam
Owen Schmitt

If we sign Allen, well, wow. I just couldn't be happier. Don't really give a shit about future picks. Signing Allen would just be ridiculous, our defensive line would be the best in the league and maybe our DBs would pick off the ball. Realistically an Allen signing confirms NFC North champions. 11-5 without him, 13-3 with him. bitchin'!

No way BFD lasts to the third. I know he's dropped but I think he'll be gone in the 2nd.

Ænima

Ninja Scooter said:
i don't know if this has been posted before and frankly i don't care. I give you Emmitt Smith's 2008 NFL Mock Draft:
:lol :lol :lol Awesome.
Washington Redskins: William Franklin, WR, Missouri
Now we begin to talk about the Washington Redskin, or as I like to call them, the arc nemesis of the Dallas Cowboys. But because we are speaking about the national's capital, I must voice my opinions on the upcoming elections.

Everyone say Barrett O'Bama seem like a cool cat, but he Irish, our long and sworn enemies who start the War of 1812, a battle we are still fighting today. I would hate to see Irishland be the country we lossed a war against. And then you have Hillary Clinton, who cannot be counted on to get the jobs done. If she cannot please her man, how could she possibly please the good people of the United States of Americans? My vote for the next president is John McCann. I never hear him speak, but I sawed he have a hot daughter.

The Redskin, they are from Washington so they should take a receiver who is related to a president. William Franklin have seen rumors that he is the son of Benjamin Franklins, the great president on the $100 bill.

Rorschach

Hi2u new guy. Welcome! I am also a Steeler fan as you probably already know from reading the thread. Go Steelerz!

my name is ed said:
that has got to be a joke article....emmitt smith couldn't be that dumb right? right guys?
... You and jasonbay are really bad at sensing satire.

woodchuck said:
are you sure you go to UT and not A&M?
I posted that before I read the article. Probably should have done an edit saying I read it. I also thought it was a walter camp article and not just walter football. Give me a break...I'm really really tired. I've been moving this whole weekend.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Andokuky said:
Matt Ryan taken twice in round 1 :lol

:lol that was my favorite part until I noticed that he had Rashard Mendanhall going to the Pats, then Rashard "Anderson" going to San Diego, then Mendanhall again going to the Pats.

And if Falcons trade down and pass him up, then I'm done with them as a team.
Forever...

That dude is smart and white and ready to mix it up. Sorry, I'm not unabashed to declaring my love to a smart white guy QBing the Falcons. I think I get a mulligan. I fucking loved Vick. Bought two of his jerseys. Doubt me? I'll pm you a pic. So, fuck y'all.

I need Matt Ryan...smart white dude from a good family. His likelihood of going to prison in the midst of a +$100M contract is extremely minimal.

Beyond that, he won't embarass my town. He can speak English to the suburbs. I think I can trust him. Blank would be stoopit to pass him up.

siamesedreamer said:
Forever...

That dude is smart and white and ready to mix it up. Sorry, I'm not unabashed to declaring my love to a smart white guy QBing the Falcons. I think I get a mulligan. I fucking loved Vick. Bought two of his jerseys. Doubt me? I'll pm you a pic. So, fuck y'all.

I need Matt Ryan...smart white dude from a good family. His likelihood of going to prison in the midst of a +$100M contract is extremely minimal.

Beyond that, he won't embarass my town. He can speak English to the suburbs. I think I can trust him. Blank would be stoopit to pass him up.
so hes white right?

siamesedreamer said:
Forever...

Why don't you trade Yunel Escobar for David Ecksteinn while your at it..

Seriously though dude, the QB you want is Brohm in round 2.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Emmitt Smith IV, RB, Florida
Jon Grudens love to take the sons of former NFL players. He should draft my son, Emmitt IV. Emmitt IV is only five or six years old, and he already can carry the football in both hands - his right hand and his... uhh... other hand. Emmitt IV is a little young in the tooth, but he can be a great runnin' back in the year 2017.

:lol

siamesedreamer said:
Yes

White guy...unabashedly. Good family. Wanna pic of my Vick jerseys?

You guys got a really bad deal with Vick, but the whole situation may one day serve to help the team. Vick was the NFL's equivalent to Allen Iverson - a great player you just can't build a successful team around.

It's certainly true that your team desperately needs a QB, but in this draft, at the third overall pick you can do far better than a Matt Ryan. It's easy to see why soo many people love the guy, he's hard working, smart, a good leader, but his college stats were average. Further, last year he threw 642 passes as the BC coach gave up on the concept of a ground game, which an absurd number, so keep that mind when looking at his yardage stats. Also, at BC he played behind an exceptional offensive-line.

Take a look at this article, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3350135. It will help explain why Brohm is the right pick. He's being judged way to severely for playing on a piece of shit Louisville with Ryan being overrated for being on a fairly successful BC squad.

In round 1 take Dorsey, or Chris Long if you guys are lucky, and then in Round 2 take Brohm or Flacco, with Brohm being the preferred option.

Challenge me on that. What's so funny? Ain't never seen a white guy violate the terms of a +$100M contract. Proove me wrong.

I need Matt Ryan. Dude can throw beyond belief. And he's smart. Don't have to worry about any extra-carricular activities that will hurt my team. Vick did it. The dude before him took us to the SB. Vick was an overrated thug that I bought into. Am I wrong?

sorryaboutdresden said:
You guys got a really bad deal with Vick, but the whole situation may one day serve to help the team. Vick was the NFL's equivalent to Allen Iverson - a great player you just can't build a successful team around.

It's certainly true that your team desperately needs a QB, but in this draft, at the third overall pick you can do far better than a Matt Ryan. It's easy to see why soo many people love the guy, he's hard working, smart, a good leader, but his college stats were average. Further, last year he threw 642 passes as the BC coach gave up on the concept of a ground game, which an absurd number, so keep that mind when looking at his yardage stats. Also, at BC he played behind an exceptional offensive-line.

Take a look at this article, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3350135. It will help explain why Brohm is the right pick. He's being judged way to severely for playing on a piece of shit Louisville with Ryan being overrated for being on a fairly successful BC squad.

In round 1 take Dorsey, or Chris Long if you guys are lucky, and then in Round 2 take Brohm or Flacco, with Brohm being the preferred option.

Dresden, I could give two shits about stats. I saw White in an interview and I was sold. We in ATL are done with Louisville players (as unfair as that can be). Fuck them. And fuck the former coach.

I want Matt Ryan. Dude's white and not like Vick.

siamesedreamer said:
Dresden, I could give two shits about stats. I saw White in an interview and I was sold. We in ATL are done with Louisville players (as unfair as that can be). Fuck them. And fuck the former coach.

I want Matt Ryan. Dude's white and not like Vick.

Dude, I can understand why you like Ryan soo much, especially after the whole Vick saga. Do you think the Falcons will actually draft him though? Aren't they in love with Dorsey?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
SyNapSe said:
I've heard there is an ESPN Insider report saying the Vikes increased there offer for Allen today to, this year's 1st and 3rd and 2009 2nd. Seems reasonable, let's get this done! Now for who to select...
Reasonable to who!? :lol

If the Vikings do that, their GM is a joke.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
He's a KC fan, so reasonable to KC fans. :p
Yeah I know... That trade is Eli Manning-esque. Last I checked Jared Allen:

1) Did not lead his team to a super bowl win
2) Was not one half of the greatest play in super bowl history
3) Did not become the only QB in SB history to lead his team to victory after being down 4 points with under two minutes to go.
4) Did not play a crucial part in beating a previously undefeated team.

Sorry Allen, better luck next time.

Rorschach said:
...wow...

Wow about what?

Vick ruined black QBs in ATL for a decade (maybe more). I dare you to say that I'm a racist. Dude was my favorite athlete EVER. EVAR. Counted down the days to Sunday. Wanna see my jerseys?

Now that's over. I want a white guy from a good family. I want an intelligent guy who can run the offense and stay out of trouble. Saw this Ryan kid over the weekend. He impressed me. Seemed to be the antithesis of the thugs they had in here over the last five years. I like that.

Bring it on...

Striker

Wellington said:

3) Did not become the only QB in SB history to lead his team to victory after being down 4 points with under two minutes to go.

Eli can't win on the road!

Wait... no, Eli can't win in the cold!

Wait... Eli will never be Peyton! That's it!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
siamesedreamer said:
I dare you to say that I'm a racist.

no one is, but you seem desperate for someone to do so. You're the one focusing on race anyway.

Tamanon

Banned
Why would the Vikings increase their trade offer? The reason it broke down was because of contract negotiations with Allen.

tmdorsey

siamesedreamer said:
Forever...

I know this a joke post so I will play along. I'm the exact opposite of you. If we take Ryan I'm done with the team. The difference in talent between Ryan and the other white QBs in this draft doesn't seem to be great at all and since they are white they are all unlikely to go to prision and embarass the city. With our third pick we've got to get a top lineman on either side of the ball otherwise it's not going to matter whose behind center. I'm for rebuilding from the interior out.

ShowDog said:
Hey all,
I've been a Steelers fan for the past 6 or 7 years. My family has been fans forever, my grandparents are from Pittsburgh, but I didn't really start getting into football until high school (during the Maddox days). I adopted fandom of the Steelers along with the rest of my family being from Orange County CA, we don't have a team. Just figured I'd introduce myself to NFL gaf, always lurked during the season but never wanted to join midway through or near playoff times to avoid a perception of bandwagoning. I know there's a strong presence of Steelers fans on here led by Bionic and a few others, so I proudly join your ranks. Go Steelers!

Welcome aboard! What's the best nation of all? Steeler Nation, baby.

bionic77

ShowDog said:
Hey all,
I've been a Steelers fan for the past 6 or 7 years. My family has been fans forever, my grandparents are from Pittsburgh, but I didn't really start getting into football until high school (during the Maddox days). I adopted fandom of the Steelers along with the rest of my family being from Orange County CA, we don't have a team. Just figured I'd introduce myself to NFL gaf, always lurked during the season but never wanted to join midway through or near playoff times to avoid a perception of bandwagoning. I know there's a strong presence of Steelers fans on here led by Bionic and a few others, so I proudly join your ranks. Go Steelers!
Welcome to the family.

I only ask two thing of new fans. Don't talk shit until you have been here for awhile or unless it involves a division rival. Otherwise wait for the playoffs.

The other thing is that I have your word you will never support Brady or the Patriots. This is grounds for dismissal from the Steelers fold.

Ninja Scooter said:

Pittsburgh Steelers: Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
What Pittsburgh need to do is very obviously. The team must obsign a big ol' linemen who can keep the guys on the other side of the ball from knocking Big Bob Roethlisberger's head off. Big Bob head have been through a lot lately. He have been in a bicycle accident a couple of months ago. Then his stomach blow up. Then he have a concussion or two. A part of a man's body can only be explosioned so many times.

:lol

Mike Brown is such a hardass.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

How serious are the Cincinnati Bengals about not giving in to Chad Johnson's trade demands?

Serious enough to swat away an offer from the Washington Redskins that could have netted the Bengals two first-round draft picks, team and league sources said.

The Redskins offered its first-round pick, No. 21 overall, and a conditional third-rounder in 2009 that could escalate to a first rounder if Johnson and the Redskins hit certain performance levels, the sources said.

It was not the first time the Redskins approached the Bengals about a deal, but it was the first significant proposal.

The Bengals have not only rejected the Redskins, but two other NFC East suitors -- the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles -- have been informed that there has been no change in the team's position that Johnson will not be traded.

The Bengals have noted to those suitors that Johnson has been the "second-highest paid receiver" in the NFL during the past three years, indignant about suggestions that Johnson also wants a new contract, the sources said.

Mike Brown is old school enough to cost himself wins just to ruin chad's career for his behavior. For the record: He's why the Bengals suck.

bionic77

Wellington said:

But can he grow facial hair?

Last time I checked Eli couldn't...

Its reported by mort (most likely a rumor though) that the skins offered their 1st rounder and next years 3rd rounder(could be a 1st if certain criteria is met)) for Chad Johnson to cincy but they turned it down.

This looks like a bad deal to a lot of skins fans but I think by adding that kind of threat on offense we really can make a run at the Super Bowl. Two first rounders for a Super Bowl win is more then worth it but can Chad be that guy Campbell needs.....I think so.

*CINCY YOUR STUPID FOR NOT TAKING 2 1st rounders(chad will meet the the conditions by end of season and so will the team by making the playoffs).

EclipseGST said:
Its reported by mort (most likely a rumor though) that the skins offered their 1st rounder and next years 3rd rounder(could be a 1st if certain criteria is met)) for Chad Johnson to cincy but they turned it down.

This looks like a bad deal to a lot of skins fans but I think by adding that kind of threat on offense we really can make a run at the Super Bowl. Two first rounders for a Super Bowl win is more then worth it but can Chad be that guy Campbell needs.....I think so.

*CINCY YOUR STUPID FOR NOT TAKING 2 1st rounders(chad will meet the the conditions by end of season and so will the team by making the playoffs).

I agree it's dumb. BUT... Mike Brown is no bitch, and I don't think he is willing to look ridiculous. And a man in his position can not be made to look RIDICULOUS!

vas_a_morir said:
I agree it's dumb. BUT... Mike Brown is no bitch, and I don't think he is willing to look ridiculous. And a man in his position can not be made to look RIDICULOUS!

But Chad will hinder the Bengals if he is kept and cost the Bengals Cap space and most likely he won't play to his level if he is this unhappy(he will play to get paided). THIS IS MORE FOOLISH then just trading and getting two first rounders and dropping most of his cap hit . DO IT CINCY DO IT WE NEED CHAD THIS YEAR TO MAKE THE SUPER BOWL!!!

EclipseGST said:
But Chad will hinder the Bengals if he is kept and cost the Bengals Cap space and most likely he won't play to his level if he is this unhappy(he will play to get paided). THIS IS MORE FOOLISH then just trading and getting two first rounders and dropping most of his cap hit . DO IT CINCY DO IT WE NEED CHAD THIS YEAR TO MAKE THE SUPER BOWL!!!

They are driving up his price, I think. I suspect a deal will be made.

bionic77

No offense to Redskins fans, but if Carson Palmer couldn't get to the Superbowl with Chad Johnson I don't see why Jason Campbell will be able to.

Personally I would rather keep the draft picks than a high maintenance wide receiver.

vas_a_morir said:
They are driving up his price, I think. I suspect a deal will be made.

I think they are waiting till june 1st because he would be less of a cap hit then. TWO FIRST ROUNDERS for a reciever in his 30's........... DO IT!

If the skins offer more....then I might say don't do it....TWO FIRST ROUNDERS is more then enough for Chad.

bionic77 said:
No offense to Redskins fans, but if Carson Palmer couldn't get to the Superbowl with Chad Johnson I don't see why Jason Campbell will be able to.

Personally I would rather keep the draft picks than a high maintenance wide receiver.

Chad will never have the numbers he's been getting in Cincy if he goes to a lesser quarterback. Look, the Bengals actually have a great offense, that's not the problem. The real reason the bengals have been slipping because our two Awesome rookie linebackers from the great 2005 season were lost for two straight years. The losses started immediately.

bionic77 said:

Because the skins have a great running back and great oline (if healthy) and what we are missing is a reciever that can make that end zone play (S.Moss is great but in the red zone he isn't much of a threat like Chad, T.O, Burress, R.Moss, Boldin, Fitz, and so on). With Moss's speed to beat most corners deep and Chad ability to make plays in the end zone we greatly increase our threat and our chances of making the Super Bowl....now it may not happen but this increase our chances.

LiveWire

bionic77 said:

Carson Palmer couldn't because Kimo Gillooly'd his knee on the first play of a playoff game that the Bengals would have won with Palmer in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom