• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of us remastered coming out next week?

Ploid 3.0

1) It was my favorite game of last generation and one of my favorite games of all time
2) My PS3 is dead so I have no way of playing it again
3) I like replaying good games
3) I want to enjoy the graphical and performance updates
4) I haven't played the Left Behind DLC yet, which is included in this
5) I'll get to play more of the multiplayer with all the new maps
6) Audio commentary for the cutscenes
7) There is a new difficulty mode that sounds like it changes things up quite a bit

Is that really crazy?

I forgot about the commentary, this should be very good for fans. I like commentary in games and movies.

Moofers

Guy and gals, I'd love a free copy of TLOU at the theater also, but I don't think it's happening. Prepare for a $5 PSN card that's says E3 2014 VIP or something like that. Or maybe an XL t-shirt/shame-tarp.

But hey we can dream. It would be pretty mind-blowing. I can imagine stories of dirtbag theater staff hoarding copies or only giving out like a couple hundred and telling people they are out before selling the copies they stole.

DieH@rd

Banned
"My name is Shinobi. After 2 months on the hellish Twitter I have come home with only one goal. To save NeoGAF. I can't be the thread maker I once was. To honor my family, I must be someone else. I must be, something else."

iKfn88o1hc0hp.gif

RetroStu

Banned
1) It was my favorite game of last generation and one of my favorite games of all time
2) My PS3 is dead so I have no way of playing it again
3) I like replaying good games
3) I want to enjoy the graphical and performance updates
4) I haven't played the Left Behind DLC yet, which is included in this
5) I'll get to play more of the multiplayer with all the new maps
6) Audio commentary for the cutscenes
7) There is a new difficulty mode that sounds like it changes things up quite a bit

Is that really crazy?

Add in all the people who didn't buy the game because they were 'over' last gen and were waiting for next gen, add in Xbox fans who have bought a PS4 this time, add in people who have bought a PS4 as their first console, add in the hardcore fans of the game who want to play an amazing game now at 1080p/60fps, add in the people who never bought the DLC and will now buy this game instead etc, etc.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Didn't a lot of people get Uncharted 2 or 3 in a theater preview or something like that? I remember Wario64 got a free copy for going to a event for it.

What if sony will give out free TLoU copies to every person that shows up to that theater E3 thing?

I know ND had events for Uncharted 2 where you got the game free a week early. Not sure about 3.

Albeit that was 4 theaters (limited to 100 people) versus 40. What's the usual capacity for one of these theaters? 300-400 people? They going to give away 15K copies of the game? I dunno man :)

Guy and gals, I'd love a free copy of TLOU at the theater also, but I don't think it's happening. Prepare for a $5 PSN card that's says E3 2014 VIP or something like that. Or maybe an XL t-shirt/shame-tarp.

But hey we can dream. It would be pretty mind-blowing. I can imagine stories of dirtbag theater staff hoarding copies or only giving out like a couple hundred and telling people they are out before selling the copies they stole.

Theater staff are not handling this; it's NCM Fantom employees, and while I'm not going to belittle local theater staff...NCM don't play when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Can't fool me kid!

rjinaz

GAME Barnsley @GAMEBarnsley · 3m

Apologises everyone about #TheLastOfUs Release Date! #MissPrint #OverEagerStaffMember We will update you when we get an official date sorry!

Hmmm Doesn't mean it's not true though. The misprint part though is looking bad.

Ploid 3.0

Imagine the high sony would have from the amazing press of giving out free copies to fans that went to the theaters to watch E3. When that Theater E3 thread started people wondered who would go to that thing, then people started getting tickets for it. Those people will be stoked to get the game like the free Uncharted before anyone else got their mitts on it. Word of mouth and praise will spread like wildfire. Marketing $$$

Never had a PS3 just a 360 last gen - but TLOU was the ONE game that almost got me to buy one. I'm excited to play it on PS4 - and all of the effort to not be spoiled will not be in vain!

EL CUCO

What if...they hand out copies to only the people that pre-registered and allocated about 100 tickets/copies per theater.

They did sell out alot quicker than I expected them to.

Hmmm... Man I've bit into the hype. Now im GUARANTEED to be dissapointed. If Sony delivers at E3 and not on the freebie am dissapoint. Y u do this gaf ;P

DieH@rd

Banned
Have they shown this game yet? I'm hoping for a substantial graphical increase.

- 1080p60 [targeted]
- all FMV cinematics re-rendered to be 1080p60
- better textures, lightning, particles, LODs
- all high-end assets they created for cinematic [including charachter models], random production stages, everything will be crammed into the game

It will look and feel way better than PS3 version [which often knew to drop below 30 in larger fights].

i realize it's just a video game but could the dope who mis-tweeted that get fired?
Sadly yes. Even though if the news is not accurate, it will probably create wave of news articles around the web.

Top Bottom