• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard good things about To the Moon. What type of game is it mechanically?

Mechanically, most of the gameplay is walk away, talk to people/examine things, find some important things called mementos, and then do a puzzle. I think each memento puzzle was a sliding puzzle, but I'm a little hazy on that since the gameplay is mostly forgettable; it's the story that really makes that game good.

All the planets are fucked!

rdIsTE2.gif

Nice giveaway

AkuMifune

Banned
How do I not have Dawnguard? Wait why did the Skyrim DLC only go to 50% when the daily was 75%? The Legendary Edition almost cheaper than either of those DLC's. How many times has this been complained about? How are they still $19.99 each? Will they go on sale again or was the daily the only chance at 50% off?

photo.jpg

Reposting this so it doesn't get buried.

This is true. To fix this I'm going to give away some RTS games
best genre
including Age of Mythology, because a lot of my steam friends have it on their wishlist. To keep things suspenseful I'm putting a 24 hour raffle on this and keeping it open only to MEGAGIVERS.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Age of Mythology Extended -- MB-273D2AEAC4373E75 - Taken by Tizoc. 42 entrants total.
Age of Empires 2 HD -- MB-A0A33DAA0E848CCA

t1403640815z1.png

So I just realized that by continuing to add more and more M&M money, I'm gonna keep myself out of being able to use the Market until after it ends. I still haven't crafted a Summer badge as of yet because the prices were still pretty high and the cards won't be around after this sale ends so...

With that said, I might need someone on the last day or two to help me with getting the cards. Would anyone possibly be interested in doing a trade of cards 1-10 for a game of equal value on the last day? If you are, hit me up here or on Steam so we could work something out early next week.

I've used 3 M&M cards and am able to use the market just fine. The market restriction notification you get after using one doesn't seem to stick after you attempt the verification steps.

Ibuki

Banned
So I just realized that by continuing to add more and more M&M money, I'm gonna keep myself out of being able to use the Market until after it ends. I still haven't crafted a Summer badge as of yet because the prices were still pretty high and the cards won't be around after this sale ends so...

With that said, I might need someone on the last day or two to help me with getting the cards. Would anyone possibly be interested in doing a trade of cards 1-10 for a game of equal value on the last day? If you are, hit me up here or on Steam so we could work something out early next week.

This might not work either. Being locked out means games you buy aren't tradable either until the date you can use the market.

How do I not have Dawnguard? Wait why did the Skyrim DLC only go to 50% when the daily was 75%? The Legendary Edition almost cheaper than either of those DLC's. How many times has this been complained about? How are they still $19.99 each? Will they go on sale again or was the daily the only chance at 50% off?

Every sale. I can wait forever, Bethesda.

Opiate

Mechanically, most of the gameplay is walk away, talk to people/examine things, find some important things called mementos, and then do a puzzle. I think each memento puzzle was a sliding puzzle, but I'm a little hazy on that since the gameplay is mostly forgettable; it's the story that really makes that game good.

I see. Well, I probably wouldn't like the story (I have not been impressed by story-based gaming), but my girlfriend might be interested. Thanks for the information!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starlite Astronaut Academy G-Ball -- MB-CB5123FBCCD07221 - Taken by Falifax

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
So a give-away for people who have enough money to give other people at least 25 games?

Kadin

I've used 3 M&M cards and am able to use the market just fine. The market restriction notification you get after using one doesn't seem to stick after you attempt the verification steps.
How do you complete the verification steps? It says it'll authorize the card but there's no balance left.

This might not work either. Being locked out means games you buy aren't tradable either until the date you can use the market.
Bah, ah okay. Not that big a deal, don't HAVE to have the badge. ;)

I go through these questions with myself every single sale and it always ends in the same conclusion: "I have too many other games to play that I haven't even started, I'll pick these up next sale for even cheaper!"

I've heard good things about To the Moon. What type of game is it mechanically?

Everybody already answered your question so I'll say I played it for the first time this weekend and I thought the entire story/concept was excellent but the writing was continuously poor and got worse as the game went on. If I had known that going in, I think I would have been more forgiving.

XxCGSxX

I've only bought Battleblock so far. Thought about Saints Row but I'm not the biggest fan. I want South Park but don't have the money for it, still too high for me.

Pachimari

Guess I'll share mine too: http://steamcommunity.com/id/marialtha/

I couldn't resist. The reason I build my very first Gaming PC was Rust. But 428 games later I finally decided to pull the plug and just buy it right away as it won't get any discounts anyway. So happy I finally got that one locked down, and so my Steam Summer hoarding probably ends here. Probably.

I started the Titanfall 2-day trial on Origin yesterday and instantly fell in love with that as well but have only completed the tutorials and haven't played a single online match yet. I'll do that tomorrow.

Now it's time to make a total makeover of my Wishlist and remove games I personally just aren't too interested in or will get any playtime in.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Bits -- MB-FEA267DA643A6BBE - Taken by TheMadMan007. 8 entrants total.

t1403555772z1.png

Terra_Ex

Bethesda seem to enjoy punishing people who buy their games early. You're not missing much though tbh.

Sera O

Banned
Anyone want to be my friend? I'm mostly interested in singleplayer RPGs, Falcom games, story-heavy stuff. Otherwise I'm interested in games that either induce a ball-crushing depression (I have picked up Actual Sunlight) or make me laugh (thus the Marlow Briggs).

I have spent a dumb amount of time idling for cards this sale.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/balthazar_morser/

WillyFive

The deals for this sale are absolutely ridiculous. Usually it's just 75% off, but so many stuff here is 80% and 90% off; it's amazing. Awesomenauts for 99 cents, that is insane.

Someone told me earlier in this thread I could delete my CC info from Steam and re-enter it and the market would become available again. It worked! But I logged out and logged back in and it's locked off again...we'll see.

Hugstable

Banned
Since I just got into the series myself recently and am absolutely loving this game, I just wanted to share with everyone the awesomeness that is Dark Souls! Come Die with me!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition -- MB-EBB418622E30FCEC - Taken by pupo

t1403555916z1.png

cicero

yup, i remember my friends taking me to watch it since zooey was in it and when it was over they were like wtf dude

can't blame em

to this day i cannot say for sure if m night shyamalan wasn't being ironic with that movie, but i choose to believe it so and treat it like satirical comedy or something like that.

kind of like the room if you will

I find it a bit odd that people are still hanging on to the notion that the many outright ridiculous failures and seemingly neverending mediocrity of M. Night Shyamalan is somehow outweighed by his initial promise enough to give him a kind of everlasting benefit of the doubt.

The Happening was incoherent nonsense. Combining it with Rifftrax was the only saving grace for that movie, at least for me. Hopefully After Earth is the final nail in his coffin.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I see. Well, I probably wouldn't like the story (I have not been impressed by story-based gaming), but my girlfriend might be interested. Thanks for the information!
The story won't blow your mind, but it's guaranteed to make you cry. It's a very emotional one, and I loved it.

If you're willing to experience something different from the usual, I'd give it a chance despite not being a fan of this kind of games. It has a couple of funny jokes and nicely written characters. Of course, if you only care about more traditional games, you may not find this enjoyable, as there isn't much in the gameplay department apart from walking around and solving the occasional puzzle. Maybe you could play it together with your gf?

Falifax

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Starlite Astronaut Academy G-Ball -- MB-CB5123FBCCD07221 - Taken by Falifax

Oh damn, I actually got it. Thank you, anonymous benefactor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom