• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I FINALLY GOT AN EXOTIC BOUNTY! Bad Juju will be mine soon. :)

Kensuke

Hey, we're looking for 1-2 guys to do the raid in about 15 minutes. Level 26 or above. Shoot me a message if you're interested. We're nice guys!

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

Edit: Full!

Bad Juju looks to be the best of the bunch to me.
Great for anything but bosses. But usually on bosses i'm not using my primary.

Why isn't it good on bosses? Ignoring that specials and heavies are better for boss damage, you often run out of ammo, and wouldn't it be good for adds?

Hey all. Some people have been asking about patrol missions, how many there are, and what they do.

If you find yourself doing patrol missions – to increase your Vanguard rank, gather marks, for a bounty, whatever – you probably want to know what the specific tasks for patrol missions are so you can either do the ones you enjoy the most or get through them more quickly.

To see what type of mission a patrol beacon is (or see where they are), press the touchpad on the PS4 or select button the Xbox (I'm assuming on that last part). It should also be noted that beacons respawn every ten minutes, and once they respawn (or if you go to the Tower and come back and load the map again), they change their type of mission.

As far as I've found, there are five types. I'll update this post if I'm missing any.

HO5Q3VO.jpg

Four thingies – Let's start with the two symbols on the farthest left. You see a diamond and four...thingies. Whatever they're supposed to be, these patrol missions are pretty basic: kill enemies. That's it. No collecting, and it's usually not that specific. These are very fast to do and ones I usually shoot for when doing a Vanguard bounty.

Triangle – Moving over to the right side of the picture, patrol missions marked by this symbol are probably the second fastest to do: collect stuff by killing enemies. Sometimes it won't matter which enemies you kill, sometimes it will, and sometimes the game will be very specific and it'll take you a little longer. Like above, I like these because they're quick.

an9HwQ2.jpg

Pokéball –  Moving on, as you see on the left side of this picture, be prepared to be on your sparrow or do some walking. This is a scan-the-area mission; in this one you have to stand in the area marked until the bar on the left side of your screen fills up. These are more clumsy than the diamond missions because the game isn't too clear where you're supposed to stand.

Diamond – Moving on, there's a diamond symbol on the right. These have you scan things too. As with the Pokéball mission, make sure you're willing to do lots of traveling before you activate it, as the objective can be on the other side of the map. This is the type of scanning that'll have you push square or X to bring out your ghost and have him make that...green pulse or whatever it is.

BU1sa8T.jpg

Star – In the middle of this picture is probably my favorite type of patrol mission: assassination. Most of the time the mission will take you to a specific area of the map to kill some Hive Wizard or Fallen Knight or what have you. But on occasion, it'll give you a special mission. For example, remember this fight from E3 2013? That's a patrol mission in Old Russia you can activate.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Why isn't it good on bosses? Ignoring that specials and heavies are better for boss damage, you often run out of ammo, and wouldn't it be good for adds?

It has a small clip size. The special feature of this weapon is when you kill an enemy ammo teleports into your clip.On hoards of small stuff you rarely have to reload. On bosses you will be stuck reloading a lot if you are using this primary since you won't be getting kills to put ammo into the clip.

foxdvd

I hope bungie puts up the strange coin exchange again (just make sure it can't be exploited)...I am 3 coins away and I already did the weekly strike...

Does every exotic weapon have a bounty associated with it, or just some? I keep seeing the same 3 exotic bounties being obtained. I really want a Suros Regime, is my only option to hope that Xur sells one eventually, or pray that I get one from a legendary engram?

E92 M3

Hey all. Some people have been asking about patrol missions, how many there are, and what they do.

If you find yourself doing patrol missions – to increase your Vanguard rank, gather marks, for a bounty, whatever – you probably want to know what the specific tasks for patrol missions are so you can either do the ones you enjoy the most or get through them more quickly.

To see what type of mission a patrol beacon is (or see where they are), press the touchpad on the PS4 or select button the Xbox (I'm assuming on that last part).

As far as I've found, there are five types. I'll update this post if I'm missing any.

HO5Q3VO.jpg

Four thingies – Let's start with the two symbols on the farthest left. You see a diamond and four...thingies. Whatever they're supposed to be, these patrol missions are pretty basic: kill enemies. That's it. No collecting, and it's usually not that specific. These are very fast to do and ones I usually shoot for when doing a Vanguard bounty.

Triangle – Moving over to the right side of the picture, patrol missions marked by this symbol are probably the second fastest to do: collect stuff by killing enemies. Sometimes it won't matter which enemies you kill, sometimes it will, and sometimes the game will be very specific and it'll take you a little longer. Like above, I like these because they're quick.

an9HwQ2.jpg

Pokéball –  Moving on, as you see on the left side of this picture, be prepared to be on your sparrow or do some walking. This is a scan-the-area mission; in this one you have to stand in the area marked until the bar on the left side of your screen fills up. These are more clumsy than the diamond missions because the game isn't too clear where you're supposed to stand.

Diamond – Moving on, there's a diamond symbol on the right. These have you scan things too. As with the Pokéball mission, make sure you're willing to do lots of traveling before you activate it, as the objective can be on the other side of the map. This is the type of scanning that'll have you push square or X to bring out your ghost and have him make that...green pulse or whatever it is.

BU1sa8T.jpg

Star – In the middle of this picture is probably my favorite type of patrol mission: assassination. Most of the time the mission will take you to a specific area of the map to kill some Hive Wizard or Fallen Knight or what have you. But on occasion, it'll give you a special mission. For example, remember this fight from E3 2013? That's a patrol mission in Old Russia you can activate.

Thank you for this! I hated doing those scanning missions.

lol that title

in other news, had my first MMO moment in Destiny

5NpWuJq.jpg

spotted a shinobi by a cave
spotted a shionbi farming engrams by a cave
spotted a shinobi farming engrams by a cave

Andrew.

Banned
Wow. Someone please tell me that these strike playlists aren't the actual best way to get vanguard marks

Those with patrols are the best way.

Edit: Whoops, you said marks.

Yeah strike playlists all the way. With a crew that knows their shit, you can knock them out pretty quick.

Kensuke

I just got the Bad Juju and it's really disappointing to me. It feels weak, the sights are too big and the recoil is pretty bad.

I also hate the cosmetics. It occupies to much screen space and the smoke coming out of the barrel is distracting.

zma1013

I wish there was an easy grind for helium filaments

Patrolling the moon for chests and piles is about as easy as it gets. Everything is close together and the helium piles are easy to spot against the grey moon. My favorite planet to patrol since every area is so densely packed.

To see what type of mission a patrol beacon is (or see where they are), press the touchpad on the PS4 or select button the Xbox (I'm assuming on that last part).

HO5Q3VO.jpg

an9HwQ2.jpg

BU1sa8T.jpg

It should be noted that a beacon will respawn about 10 minutes after you've completed it, and beacons change their type on respawn. One day you'll go to the Divide and see 3 collection beacons, another day you'll see 2 scouts and a hitman beacon.

Andrew.

Banned
I just got the Bad Juju and it's really disappointing to me. It feels weak, the sights are too big and the recoil is pretty bad.

I also hate the cosmetics. It occupies to much screen space and the smoke coming out of the barrel is distracting.

I suppose if it was a decent gun, they would've gone with "Sweet Juju" or "Bodacious Juju"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hawkian is right as fuck

buying heavy ammo back at the tower makes strike running cake. don't know why i never did this sooner. you can pour it on to bosses and elites faster than ever.

lol that title

in other news, had my first MMO moment in Destiny

5NpWuJq.jpg

spotted a shionbi farming engrams by a cave
spotted a shinobi farming engrams by a cave

I wish there were a way to tell nubs like him to back up.

Cømet;130799492 said:
Congrats! How's the loot? :D

All I got was the Shader and I think Ascendant Shards. A few other people got weapons/armor. But you do can get good loot from the chest's located throughout the Raid.

Zomba13

9 legendaries?

Need more guess for my Legendary Engram Decryption Party.

19 Legendary Engrams (of various armour and gun). How many Legendary (or exotic, or rare, or green, or material) did the Cryptarch see fit to bestow upon me?

Video in roughly 10 mins because my upload speed suuuuuuuuucks all the penis balls.

Klyka

Banned
Are there any warlocks who would be up to play rumble with me so I can get my bad juju? Killing warlocks gives more points so having some guaranteed in rounds speeds things up

PSN Klyka1

Aces&Eights

Hawkian is right as fuck

buying heavy ammo back at the tower makes strike running cake. don't know why i never did this sooner. you can pour it on to bosses and elites faster than ever.

Agreed. I did the moon/awoken the hive thing for glimmer and spent it all on ammo for heavy. SO glad I did. Some of these strikes (chandelier) are very hard as you can get trapped in a small area and wizards prevent you from leaving to get ammo.

Cømet

Banned
Okay, I dunno how this 25 k/d spread thing works now. I got 24 kills 8 deaths (or very close to that) and I'm on 22/25...

I'm level 25. I can dl 26 if you'd like

Sounds good! My ad's ScrewAttack_ if you wanna shoot me an invite :D Shoot be a walk in the park after helping Vashetti with his thorn strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom