• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is that the defense one?

If so pretty much any of the defense ones later in the game are a pain in the ass without a high DPS character (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ lol

Reishiki

Banned
Is that the defense one?

If so pretty much any of the defense ones later in the game are a pain in the ass without a high DPS character (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ lol

Hobby Shop 12 is a field capture mission.

Wave 1 is Force/Sword/Blast Impulse Gundams
Wave 2 is Freedom/Providence Elites
Ace Units are Shining/Rising Gundams

A cluster (6-8?) of defense cannons unspawn and respawn around each field in turn, making it really hard to hold more than two fields at once.

Parakeetman

Hobby Shop 12 is a field capture mission.

Wave 1 is Force/Sword/Blast Impulse Gundams
Wave 2 is Freedom/Providence Elites
Ace Units are Shining/Rising Gundams

A cluster (6-8?) of defense cannons unspawn and respawn around each field in turn, making it really hard to hold more than two fields at once.

The capture ones are pretty easy for me, its the defense ones that are a pain in the ass. Since without a high DPS its hard to rip off all the fuckers at the end rounds. On top of those cannons spawning, but thankfully the dont really seem to attack the defensive points.

Parakeetman

I still cant find the goddamned MG shotgun chip D: Nothing on the net yet anyways. Or none of the searches I did brought up anything past the HG one.

sensui-tomo

Whenever psn gets back up, i'm buying this digitally (my friend saw this and tore into his wallet quickly to give me the money to file share it anywho anyone here ever use the Japan-codes site before? I've heard okay things before (since they have a 3000 yen at $30 which is the best price i've found)) Hopefully psn is back up soon.

Shouta

I got to Hobby Shop 13 last night and was doing OK in it until in like the 2nd or 3rd wave, a giant flood of Bearguy IIIs start attacking one of the defense objectives. I just lost my shit because they were so damn strong, lol.

Luigi87

Whenever psn gets back up, i'm buying this digitally (my friend saw this and tore into his wallet quickly to give me the money to file share it anywho anyone here ever use the Japan-codes site before? I've heard okay things before (since they have a 3000 yen at $30 which is the best price i've found)) Hopefully psn is back up soon.
I have used Japan-codes just fine in the past.

Parakeetman

I got to Hobby Shop 13 last night and was doing OK in it until in like the 2nd or 3rd wave, a giant flood of Bearguy IIIs start attacking one of the defense objectives. I just lost my shit because they were so damn strong, lol.

(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

haha man i remember that mission yeah that was pretty chaotic and when i decided to invest a lot more in upgrading my weapons.

kubricks

Finally completed the game at lvl70!
Last mission was quite epic and funny as how it just shamelessly rip off the scene of
G Gundam
, I loled.

At the end of the day it was the MG galting gun which saves the day! 42k dmg wasnt bad at all.

Now off to post game stuff and started hunting for MG shotgun chip. >_>

Shouta

It was actually Hobby Shop 14, I think, lol. Beargguys everywhere though.

For you guys that need help reading the menu, here's a quick and dirty one I did using my LGP.

4ZazbVj.jpg

Parakeetman

Finally completed the game at lvl70!
Last mission was quite epic and funny as how it just shamelessly rip off the scene of
G Gundam
, I loled.

At the end of the day it was the MG galting gun which saves the day! 42k dmg wasnt bad at all.

Now off to post game stuff and started hunting for MG shotgun chip. >_>

I still cant find the damned thing. Its driving me insane.

For you guys that need help reading the menu, here's a quick and dirty one I did using my LGP.

Shouta Ill add that to the resources section and you to the credits also :)

My current unit, Ex-Shining Gundam/T

B557MJ7IEAErmNV.jpg

ALICE, Shining Finger, Build Burning's EX, ZZ's missiles, Moonlight Butterfly. Build Burning Leg EX and Shining Finger are so OP!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Game crashed when the aces showed up on Island IIFISH 11 after the long ass string of perfect grades. >.<

Hobby Shop 12 is still bullshit. Never gonna get those GN Sword V chips T.T
Homing missiles really helped me out on that one.

Jrs3000

Thanks! Gladly appreciate any other menus you do.

Happen to know the choices showing for upgrade bonus on parts? I'm not sure entirely what to put the points in. I know one is capacity.

LMN

I hear the ZZ Backpack has OP missiles, maybe I should level one of those...

It is, been using it for challenge missions especially for defend mission.

Lightning's does the same thing but reloads faster.

TBH I didnt see any diffrence between the two, never empty ZZ missile too, cause most died before I empty it lol, but I guess Lightning is better in term of booster.

KuroNeeko

Glad everyone is enjoying the game.

Wish I could take credit for some of it but I've been outsourced to our parent company since the start of development. orz

I'll pass along the good cheer to the guys back at the office though. ;)

Luigi87

My copy has finally shown up on my local post office's tracker. Might actually be delivered tomorrow.

... Which would mean my courier would probably hate me, as I have multiple packages from various sites on route for delivery this week <_<

Shouta

Thanks! Gladly appreciate any other menus you do.

Happen to know the choices showing for upgrade bonus on parts? I'm not sure entirely what to put the points in. I know one is capacity.

Upgrade Bonus menu is Hit Points on top, Capcity in the middle, and then a different one based on part. I'd have to check them all, lol.

Parakeetman

Upgrade Bonus menu is Hit Points on top, Capcity in the middle, and then a different one based on part. I'd have to check them all, lol.

Shouta give me a little time Ill do up screenshots. Finishing up some other stuff atm.

Decided I'll wait for the next Vs. Game when that comes out which I expect to be soon.

Anyone know of a good spot to get Japan or Hong Kong PSN cards? Play Asia has Hong Kong PSN version cards rounds out to be about $70 which is perfect instead of the almost $90 for the Japanese version. Just want to weigh the options before I try and buy it tomorrow.

sensui-tomo

Okay, with knowledge that the HK version is up i have yet one more question, is there any reason why i shouldnt go for the HK version(hong kong psn Japanese version game) over the jpn version(jpn psn) of this game if i am able to get HK points cheaper?(like will dlc be locked away or is the hk version never usually supported through updates or cant play with jpn users?)

Parakeetman

Okay, with knowledge that the HK version is up i have yet one more question, is there any reason why i shouldnt go for the HK version(hong kong psn Japanese version game) over the jpn version(jpn psn) of this game if i am able to get HK points cheaper?(like will dlc be locked away or is the hk version never usually supported through updates or cant play with jpn users?)

Dont know, thats for you to decide. And yes ALL DLC regardless of region is locked away behind its regional store, if said DLC is in fact obtained through PSN. That generally almost always is the case due to submission for said region title is being sold in / age rating.

sensui-tomo

Dont know, thats for you to decide. And yes ALL DLC regardless of region is locked away behind its regional store, if said DLC is in fact obtained through PSN. That generally almost always is the case due to submission for said region title is being sold in / age rating.

I mean do HK games get supported? like If i buy HK i wont get screwed over by not being able to get dlc on the game later since HK wont get dlc but jpn does.( i know all dlc is usually region locked with minor exceptions) but the main gripes are , Will it be supported by namco bandai still, will i be able to play with users here, anything with connection to that gundam site(the one dlc could be linked to)

Parakeetman

I mean do HK games get supported? like If i buy HK i wont get screwed over by not being able to get dlc on the game later since HK wont get dlc but jpn does.( i know all dlc is usually region locked with minor exceptions) but the main gripes are , Will it be supported by namco bandai still, will i be able to play with users here, anything with connection to that gundam site(the one dlc could be linked to)

No idea. No one will really know either until the DLC starts to come out which is in January.

sensui-tomo

just hoping someone can confirm though if i can play with japanese players with my HK version and that the servers arent region locked.

kubricks

just hoping someone can confirm though if i can play with japanese players with my HK version and that the servers arent region locked.

I have a HK version of the game. I can only see games in HK server but I am not sure whether it is bind with my PSN account (HK) or the game itself.

kubricks

Can someone explain to me the use of the Strike freedom's backpack?

It doesn't seem to have funnel attack option/ex-option, it does have an ex similar to Trans-Am where my MS glow in blue and move faster... does it also increase dmg? It saids in the description that I can cancal my move with the dash button but I just don't see how it is useful. Can someone explain it to me how to use it properly?

kubricks

You use the funnel option as an EX-attack instead of an option, I believe.

Yes, I equipped that EX-attack for the backpack, once I activated it the funnels surround me and my MS glows blue, I move a lot faster and seems to be able to cancel my move by dash (don't know if this is useless, or maybe I am not using it correctly), but the funnels do absolutely nothing no matter what button I press.

Am I missing something?
I did however get a new burst attack fromt his backpack tho', which is useful and seems to hit hard.

kubricks

I haven't used it yet, I'll try it out in a bit and let you know how it works, lol.

Thank a lot!
It looks cool and all but I have a feeling that I am missing something lol.

EDIT: I just got it figured. The funnels that surrounded me after EX activation attacks the target together with any of my attack input.

sensui-tomo

I have a HK version of the game. I can only see games in HK server but I am not sure whether it is bind with my PSN account (HK) or the game itself.

thanks for the answer, i guess i'm waiting to get the psn cards for the japanese version (hate that i have to spend $20 more for this game but eh, what good is it if i cant play with more people who understand me.

kubricks

thanks for the answer, i guess i'm waiting to get the psn cards for the japanese version (hate that i have to spend $20 more for this game but eh, what good is it if i cant play with more people who understand me.

I am thinking of switching to JP version of the game as well, but I am not sure whether the saves are transferable... but then my GB1 save were jp version and it migrates to the hk version of the game, so it probably works.

The Japanese players typically has more variaty on play style judged by my online experience of other games. While players in HK typically goes for the highest damage cookie cutter build and tries to breeze through the game asap.

sensui-tomo

I am thinking of switching to JP version of the game as well, but I am not sure whether the saves are transferable... but then my GB1 save were jp version and it migrates to the hk version of the game, so it probably works.

The Japanese players typically has more variaty on play style judged by my online experience of other games. While players in HK typically goes for the highest damage cookie cutter build and tries to breeze through the game asap.

well the main reasons were , i wanted HK due to cheaper but not at the cost of not being able to play with gaf and other mecha communities
oh right, does this game support mics or do you have to do those ps party setups, I hardly ever used a mic online on the ps3.

Shouta

Finally made a Gundam that I'm largely satisfied with. I borrowed the color scheme from Tallgeese EW that you see in the game but with a bit of red highlights. I used metallic but I might switch that around to something else later on. Not pictured is a GN-X III shield I use for stats, lol.

Straight-on

gB7vSst.jpg

Stylized photo

N4GwpC5.jpg

Parakeetman

Finally made a Gundam that I'm largely satisfied with. I borrowed the color scheme from Tallgeese EW that you see in the game but with a bit of red highlights. I used metallic but I might switch that around to something else later on. Not pictured is a GN-X III shield I use for stats, lol.

Straight-on

gB7vSst.jpg

Stylized photo

N4GwpC5.jpg

Very cool Shouta, for a second there I had almost thought his right arm was a buster rifle lol.

Imagine how much hype the next game will be if they include unit transformation also. Would most def like more space / free form type of combat too.

Top Bottom