• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Brock, Taker and Punk at UFC?

THE INVASION BEGINS!

Expecting this in the main event now.

i47tp4.jpg

dream

Imagine Brock and CM Phil Brooks on the same Ultimate card dream.

1.8 million buys.

I'm always happy when pro wrestlers realize what a shitty business they're in and leave pro wrestling for something else. I'm glad people like Vicki Guererro and Molly Holly managed to escape this scummy business.

1.8 million buys.

I'm always happy when pro wrestlers realize what a shitty business they're in and leave pro wrestling for something else. I'm glad people like Vicki Guererro and Molly Holly managed to escape this scummy business.

Yeah I couldn't imagine being a low card guy making 70k if they are lucky and having to pay travel expenses on top of it. For a lot of these guys it makes more sense to be a man and quit and go to ROH and New Japan. Ziggler could probably make 300-400k with ROH and New Japan, but he's too scared to leave the WWE.

dream

Yeah I couldn't imagine being a low card guy making 70k if they are lucky and having to pay travel expenses on top of it. For a lot of these guys it makes more sense to be a man and quit and go to ROH and New Japan. Ziggler could probably make 300-400k with ROH and New Japan, but he's too scared to leave the WWE.

Totally agree. Guys like Antonio Cesaro, Alex Rusev, and TJ Wilson would do very well in Japan.

Guys who are less talented could and probably should go back to school, get educated, then get real jobs they can be proud of, like Vicki and Molly Holly did.

Glad I read this op, the link to those joshi recommendations was great.

But I see half of the rest of the page is people getting upset about the divas match at mania? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Heroman

Banned
It not really that simple, there a lot of reason why someone wouldn't want to do that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data could you post your match of the year candidates again so Alucard can add them into his initial post?

1 Yuji Okabayashi vs Shuji Ishikawa(c) (BJW World Strong Heavyweight Championship)
2 Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Zack Sabre Jr (NOAH)
3 Minoru Suzuki vs Kzushi Sakurab(NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9) Not the full match in the link, it's a PV. If you have NJPW World, I think you'll have to look through the whole event to find it. You can also find the match 'other ways' I'm sure.
4 Kota Ibushi vs Shinsuke Nakamura(NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9) Same deal as number 3.
5 Kotaro Suzuki vs Atsushi Aoki(AJPW Junior League Finals)

With links this time.

Alo0oy

Banned
Orton's back.

That means there's something entertaining to watch on WWE. I haven't watched Raw or a WWE PPV since December (except for the RR), good lord how bad WWE was back then.

It's still pretty bad, but we've got the Orton/Rollins feud to carry the show I guess.

Kaiterra

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;154098983 said:
Glad I read this op, the link to those joshi recommendations was great.

But I see half of the rest of the page is people getting upset about the divas match at mania? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Joshi recommendations were a later (and appreciated) addition.

Props to Alucard again for the really well done OT! Probably one of the better executed ones since I became a wrasslegaffer. Love the info blurbs from WWE on down and it's easy to see the guy just enjoys wrestling. But sonuvabitch every time I see that Progress banner I wish I could go check out one of their shows live. Progress is just a really well put together product that I would never have discovered had it not been for this community. Same with Stardom and even current AJPW/Zero 1 which I hadn't watched any of in like 8 years.

charsace

Brock is done with the WWE it looks like I wonder if Vince will tell Reigns to shoot on Lesnar like they did in the old days wrasslin?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are being the worst type of marks. This is called negotiations. Come on now. "Maybe Brock will shoot on Reigns!" You think he gives a shit who goes over?

charsace

You guys are being the worst type of marks. This is called negotiations. Come on now. "Maybe Brock will shoot on Reigns!" You think he gives a shit who goes over?

You're the first person to bring up Brock shooting on Reigns. Everyone is joking about Reigns shooting on Lesnar.

In all seriousness I would like Reigns way more in the position he is in if shot on Lesnar at Mania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're the first person to bring up Brock shooting on Reigns. Everyone is joking about Reigns shooting on Lesnar.

In all seriousness I would like Reigns way more in the position he is in if shot on Lesnar at Mania.
lol

charsace

Because he would be in a hospital bed and off camera?

That and it would make this Mania one of the more memorable ones. The ME is truly shit and the whole Mania card is shit too since the WWE is marginalizing everyone that the fans think should b at the top of the card and they are wasting a beast in Lesnar on Reigns who just isn't ready and brings nothing to the ME.

Great OP Alucard

WWE needs jobbers.

Agreed, love a good jobber. Fuck, we have Big Show and Kane hanging around, start using them properly. Ascension boys can head in that direction too.

Also, this headline made me lol;

Russo quits himself

Apt as fuck lol. Sure sounds like the kind of stupid situation Russo would get himself into. Dude really needs a good handler to get the best out of him.

Line in the sand: Do you want Brock to stay or not?

I do

Want? Yes. God yes.
Does he really deserve that? No. He seems like a good dude.

If i had it my way i would keep him champion till NEXT WrestleMania, bump his pay to have him wrestle at every PPV and a few RAWs and have him completely fucking run over everyone until Royal Rumble 2015 NXT super star Kevin Owens debuts as the last guy in the rumble with 5 dudes left in the ring. Reigns, Show, Kane, Bryan and Cena or swap one out for Orton, have Owens completely destroy everyone and cut to the back where Lesnar is watching on a monitor and have him just legit shook.

Owens vs Lesnar for WM next year and have it be 10 times as brutal as the match Brock had with Cena when Brock dominated him for like 20 minutes. I think it was the first encounter they had i don't remember but have the match just stupidly violent and over the top and have Owens barely win clean.

It's a pipe dream, it's stupid but it's the way i would do it. Even without Owens i would still keep Brock champion till next year.
That would entertain the shit out of me! Lesnar has been booked as a beast, would love to see him and Owens throw down since Bryan is apparently mid-card material from here on out.

Chris Hero's gut

Damn, someone get DDP on the phone, Hero could still be huge in the WWE.

Yo I just wanted to let you guys know that epsn did a 30 for 30 short on the Von Erichs
30 for 30 Shorts: Wrestling The Curse

Whoa, thanks for the heads up! Always happy to see more Von Erich content.

Toki767

Maybe they'll have Reigns pin Lesnar in 10 seconds. The crowd will shit on it anyway. May as well give them some extra ammo.

Top Bottom