• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

uyhmugzujk.gif

Trey

Beyond the Lights rarely conjured emotional power, and combined with a startling lack of sensibility, ironically teeters dangerously between mediocre and outright bad.

Movies like these only make me want to watch its superiors. It doesn't even stand out in its errors.

RedSwirl

I think I might finally need some coffee advice BCT.

I almost never need to drink it, but with my sleep schedule in tatters I've often got no choice but to spend the day running on caffeine. Because I really never drank coffee before recently I never got to know any types. Right now I'm just using a basic Starbucks blend on a Keurig.

why you include me lol, i'm just the idea man

i see you in lettersgaf

I almost never need to drink it, but with my sleep schedule in tatters I've often got no choice but to spend the day running on caffeine. Because I really never drank coffee before recently I never got to know any types. Right now I'm just using a basic Starbucks blend on a Keurig.

I use a Keurig myself, but an easy way to save money if you aren't doing it already is to get some reusable k-cups that you can load with actual coffee grounds and throw in the dishwasher. Opens up a lot of options regarding blends, lets you use actual ground coffee, it's way cheaper compared to k-cups, etc.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

First of all, be glad you didn't go in the coffee thread saying Keurig. They would have slandered you all day. I like the Keurig, it is convenient and quick. I echo sub's thought that using the re-usable cups with ground coffee is the way to go. If you have time, you could try a french press. I use one on the weekends and the coffee it makes is really good. But that comes down to if you want to go through the hassle of making it. Hitting a button on the Keurig is much easier.

andthebeatgoeson

Yeah, full torch is the hard mode. This is the part where you escape an abuser's grasp.

Make sure to get anything that has she has (bank accounts etc) with her mom's name closed or with her mom's name removed.

My brothers' wife has sisters that work at the bank she has an account in and they'll look in her account to see if she has money and will snitch her out to her mom when her mom begs her for money and she says she doesn't have any. We've finally convinced her to go get another bank account elsewhere. The emotional hooks these people get in are deep, don't get mad at her for any lapses or anything.

Oh, that's got to be a misdemeanor. I think you would lose your job just on the suspicion.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/29436049/young-on-flag

Andrew Young ain't shit.

The former two-term mayor suggested people focus more on the substance of the problems and issues of today and not on a symbol. He said a lesson should have been learned by what happened at the State Capitol. He said supporters of former Governor Roy Barnes won a big state battle but lost the State House.

When looking at the flags that fly at Stone Mountain, it's not hard to miss the presence of the Confederate Flag. For some it's a symbol of past or even present attitudes of intolerance. Andrew young claimed it doesn't answer anything.

"I would never trade the flag for a single job," said Young. "The problems we face don't have anything to do with the flag. The fact is that 93% of black people killed are killed by other black people. So black lives matter. Let us start believing that we matter."

Instead of worrying about Confederate symbols, the man who walked with King recommends we pay attention to the substance of what's taking place right now in 2015.

You can't care about 2 issues at the same time, folks. And if you care about one issue, it prevents you from caring about another.

I know I haven't been here much Black Gaf, but I have a question. Any of you guys ever get a haircut at SportsClips? I for real need to find a new barber and see these all the time in my area. Just want to know if I should risk it or should I start looking further out my neighborhood lol.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I know I haven't been here much Black Gaf, but I have a question. Any of you guys ever get a haircut at SportsClips? I for real need to find a new barber and see these all the time in my area. Just want to know if I should risk it or should I start looking further out my neighborhood lol.

I assume it would depend on the SportsClips. The one near me has a couple of black barbers so they do it up right. I say walk in and find out. I mean, that is the only way.

Lol, I think I'll look through it before I head to work. I finally find a good black barber in my area but I think they're remodeling and I haven't been able to contact my barber so I don't know whats going on. D: The last one I used to go to is a really long ways out. So I'm trying see other options at least first lol.

andthebeatgoeson

jra5Ugv.jpg

rTjIBPe.png

The Smith 5
That's a good look. I ain't mad if he rocks that for the rest of his life. That's some yung boi swag. I would tell my son to run with that.

Pull him to the side, throw a coat with a collar on and watch the thirsty girls fall from the sky.
Damn, this quote, let alone the thread ether put me back on track. That needs to go up with natural's law, if not bookmarked.
therapy doesnt work, trust me. I can walk into a therapist office as a loser and will still be a loser when i leave. therapy doesn't help anyone.
False. It helped me. I'm sorry because I'm not going thru this with you and I still want you to share but I get distressed reading 1 out of 10 of your posts. Sorry, this is not meant to be censorship but let you know we care and when you have a bad day, we feel it. But that may just be my trigger point.

I'm sorry.

Meds work and therapists work. Problem is, you need 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes 40th opinions on both. You have to fight for good mental health care.

Yo, Action Comics #42 came out of nowhere!

Superman vs Police Brutality. Never thought I'd see the day. Green Arrow tried it too, but that book is trash.

ReiGun

Yo, Action Comics #42 came out of nowhere!

Superman vs Police Brutality. Never thought I'd see the day. Green Arrow tried it too, but that book is trash.

I love it. This is the kind they need to be telling when they depower Superman like this. Getting him back to Golden Age levels shouldn't just be about him being less powerful, but also telling the kind of stories Seigel and Shuster told with him. Stories about a powerful man standing up for normal people against corrupt systems.

Thanks for the support, fam. Funded w time on the clock.
Congrats man. Money's been tight, so I wasn't able to back it. But I'll def buy a copy when it's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom