• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!

ChtuyP0VEAQZlY1.jpg

Subtle! I'm liking his GE swing.

this is fuckin hilarious. HE'S SO TRANSPARENT. and his shit eating grin too...dead

his hands are lookin pretty big in this photo too, wonder if theres any shopping going on

Wilsongt

Incoming HA Goodman article.

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 24m24 minutes ago

BERNIE SANDERS isn't being investigated by the FBI, Clinton speaking to judge and FBI very soon. Gosh, this "security review" is interesting
10 retweets 29 likes

.H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 51m51 minutes ago

Romanian Hacker "Guccifer" apparently hacked into Clinton's emails. So qualified to be POTUS. Yes, BERNIE SANDERS will win the nomination

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 48m48 minutes ago

In 2016, why are we talking about the FBI, Romanian hackers, legal battles, and controversy? Right, because HRC in the race. WE NEED BERNIE

That Kool-Aid is laced with someone.

Between that Trump tweet and Carson saying that Trump might pick a Democratic running mate, I've come to the realization that we're only five days into May and I already don't think I can handle any more general election fuckery. How am I going to last another six months? My head might explode, first figuratively and then literally.

Tammy Baldwin was only a surprise to people who hadn't followed any polls. Which was a huge folly for anyone covering the race.
In fairness, Thompson had a small lead to start out which dissipated mid-September.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...in_senate_thompson_vs_baldwin-2711.html#polls

But yeah, there were a bunch of people even here who pegged this as a safe race for Thompson and I remember getting a ton of shit for saying it was closer to a tossup.

Of course my track record before the 2012 election was pretty shit, I was in stubborn denial in 2010. I think I did call the Senate margin correctly though (53-47). I did in 2012 too (55-45), although I said Democrats would pick up Nevada but lose North Dakota. Whoops!

Does anyone else picture Huma being Miss Pauling with Hillary as the Administrator?

Or do I just play too much TF2

Also every time I hear the name Weaver, I associate it with a slimy, sneaky insect from Dota 2. I don't think that's very far off.

Sianos

I can't let you charge your iPad on my computer. I am already using the USB ports to charge my ebook and my ecigarettes.

And soon for headphones, too?! (Or is that just for the special Apple lightning cable port)

LMAO at Ha, Good Man and Fox News falling over themselves to report on this supposed Romanian hacker. A Fox reporter's question for him was "was it easy?" to which the supposed hacker said "yes, it was very easy."

What a bunch of fools.

Sianos

edit: oh no double post :<

Does anyone else picture Huma being Miss Pauling with Hillary as the Administrator?

Or do I just play too much TF2

Also every time I hear the name Weaver, I associate it with a slimy, sneaky insect from Dota 2. I don't think that's very far off.

Shuttle and loom, I weave your doom
BrainSlug.png

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with that mental image in regards to Weaver - and specifically the sort of Weaver who rushes Linkens every game.

In this extended TF2 metaphor does that make Anthony Weiner the Scout?

User 406

Banned
We went to the store a little bit ago, and my mom was talking to the lady working the checkout. Lovely lady. They were just having a kiki, you know....and my mom mentions Trump. Woman goes "Oh, I voted for him. I can't wait to see him President." My mom got REAL quiet. Real quiet....which is scary. My mom just turns to her, sweet as anything and says "You're a fucking moron then, oh, and please don't put the cat food in with the detergent." And the lady behind my mom just started cackling.

I went back for more alcohol.

I can only aspire to be as gives-no-fucks as your mother when I'm that old. She's my hero.

I don't think I've ever had Church's Chicken.. Is it good?

It's fucking awful. Church's is the only chicken place where I got pieces that were raw in the middle. Also, Adam likes it, which should make things obvious.

Very true, this is probably why. A lack of a response usually means silent approval, and not having much to say in response to points you agree with.

Not really. It very often means people really don't feel like engaging, especially when there's a well established pattern.

It says that historically, an extended primary hasn't hurt the eventual nominee.

That doesn't mean that this particular extended primary isn't hurting this particular inevitable nominee. There are plenty of reasons why it could be different.

- Female nominee. It's become painfully obvious that even many ostensible liberals are pretty sexist, whether they know it or not.
- This nominee has been attacked for decades, so there's plenty of fodder to use.
- Bernie really does seem to inspire that much devotion from his followers.

I'm not certain they're wrong, but their analysis could very well be wrong.

HylianTom

Banned
Mary Matalin has left the Republican Party as of today. She has switched her registration to libertarian.

(not significant - just a small mile marker of where we are)

itschris

Republican Politicians Will Support Trump. They Just Won’t Say His Name.

This is a party that bashes President Obama and Hillary Clinton for being unable to say the name of the enemy, but many of its leading members can’t even say the name of their party’s own standard-bearer.

Others will say Trump’s name but will not use the obvious and efficient sentence construction of “I support Donald Trump.” Instead they give people guided tours of their reasoning, taking great care never to adjoin the words “support” and “Donald Trump.”

Perhaps eventually they will escape this untenable position and either support or denounce Donald Trump. Until then, for many leading Republican actors, the nominee will continue to be Nominee, and clauses and clauses will pile up between the first-person pronoun and any mention of Trump’s name. It’s as if they are building a rhetorical wall around Donald Trump.

Republicans Are Afraid Trump Will Cost Them the Senate. They Should Be.

Of the 34 Senate seats up for grabs this fall, Democrats currently hold only 10, and most of those are extremely safe. This means that they’ll be able to play significantly more offense than defense ahead of Election Day. According to the Cook Political Report’s most recent ratings—published in March—only three of the 10 Democratic seats are in any danger of falling into Republican hands: The races in Nevada and Colorado are expected to be competitive, while the race for Barbara Boxer’s soon-to-be-vacant seat in California has the potential to become competitive down the road. Things are much less rosy for Republicans. According to Cook, the GOP is currently at risk of losing seven seats, and another six hold the potential to end up in the competitive column before it’s all said and done.

And that’s where Trump comes in. There’s already been plenty of handwringing among Republicans about the Donald’s drag on down-ballot races, and justifiably so. The rank and file will need to decide whether to run away from Trump and risk alienating his base, or run toward him and risk alienating everyone else. Right now, many are trying to have it both ways. New Hampshire’s Kelly Ayotte—up for re-election in one of the seven Senate races seen as a toss-up—is among those tying themselves in knots to play both sides. As her spokesman put it to the New York Times recently, Ayotte will “support” Trump but not “endorse” him. (Say no more, senator!) Toss in concerns that Trump will put the GOP fundraising apparatus at a significant disadvantage, and that he will depress turnout among Republicans this fall (when turnout models will already favor Democrats), and it’s easy to see the Senate map turning blue.

User 406

Banned
Mary Matalin has left the Republican Party as of today. She has switched her registration to libertarian.

(not significant - just a small mile marker of where we are)

Trump made her madder than a gator making gumbo whose... hot sauce was stolen by Hillary Clinton... in a tutu... um.... something something bayou I got nothin'

PBY

Banned
Lmao the GOP nominee and speaker of the house beefing, while their leader in the senate just endorse him and its only mayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

johnsmith

remember me
I really hope that if the Dems do manage to get both houses they nuke the filibuster in the senate and go HAM to make up for 6 years of GOP obstruction.

royalan

It says that historically, an extended primary hasn't hurt the eventual nominee.

That doesn't mean that this particular extended primary isn't hurting this particular inevitable nominee. There are plenty of reasons why it could be different.

- Female nominee. It's become painfully obvious that even many ostensible liberals are pretty sexist, whether they know it or not.
- This nominee has been attacked for decades, so there's plenty of fodder to use.
- Bernie really does seem to inspire that much devotion from his followers.

I'm not certain they're wrong, but their analysis could very well be wrong.

Exactly.

I read that article this morning, and while it was somewhat comforting, there are so many factors that history can't account for here.

I don't think anybody disagrees that a competitive primary is good for the party. Problem is this stopped being competitive long ago. Now it's just a party outsider lobbing whatever he can at the frontrunner, sewing seeds of distrust in her, and the Democratic party as a whole, in a pretty transparent attempt to drive her negatives up as high as possible in order to make a case for superdelegates to switch. It won't win him the nomination, but I don't know how anyone can look at her still rising negatives and think that Bernie feeding into decades old Republican attack lines aren't hurting her somewhat.

Another thing history can't account for: social media. These primary squabbles have a lot more spread than they once did. And as Republicans are about to learn, these things don't just go away once the primary is over.

Could we also add LGBT non discrimination to the first 100 days agenda. I've reached the point where I refuse to accept nothing but lip service.

She's lying about all of it. She's going to do the exact opposite when she gets in - watch!
So

Minimum wage lowered to 4.00/hr
Women now mandated by federal law to be paid 50% of what men make
11 million people deported (none of them are illegal immigrants)
Buses, trains, light rails abolished, savings given to Americans as rebates for 9mpg trucks

25edA6

adam387 said:
Could we also add LGBT non discrimination to the first 100 days agenda. I've reached the point where I refuse to accept nothing but lip service.
At this point I would be a little disappointed if Democrats settled for ENDA. The Equality Act is where it's at.

The Equality Act of 2015 is a bill in the United States House of Representatives and the Senate that if passed would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to include protections that ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, and sex in the areas of employment, housing, public accommodations, public education, federal funding, credit, and the jury system.

Also would love to see Feingold pass a new campaign finance reform bill, but this time with Ann Kirkpatrick.

Grief.exe

I just thought,Hillary's approval numbers when she starts her Presidency are going to be worse than Obama's. She will likely be around +0 if not lower.
President Obama was +8 or +10 if I remember correctly.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So first 100 days:

- Raising the minimum wage
- Paycheck Fairness Act
- Investing into a national infrastructure bank
- Comprehensive immigration reform

Sounds good to me!

I'm a bit iffy on how a Paycheck Fairness Act can be legislated. But i'm welcome to learning the details.
The other 3 seems like logical achievable steps assuming the house can change hands. Should not be particularly difficult to get the few remaining moderate dems on board with those issues... however.

Immigration reform will be the toughest step, but we should not be turning down people like Machado and deporting everybody here illegally is not feasible nor morally right considering the number of families that will be torn apart. I'd also like to see investment into english learning programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom