• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad |OT| Rotten Prince of Belle Reve

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Thor 1+1 actually has one of the better MCU final boss fights.

Hems doesn't get enough love either. The dude can pull off both serious and comedic scenes with ease. Hell, one might say he's the secret best leading man in the franchise

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You really about to respond to every comment about a Marvel movie ain't you.

You really about to start some console wars bullshit.

But I like Marvel movies too! All the Cap movies, the second Avengers movie (kinda), the Hulk movie with Norton, the first Iron Man (except for the last act). It's just that everything else is a special kind of bad. Especially GoTG and Ant-Man, those two I hate.

I also respond to DC related comments. I love BvS, MoS and the Nolan movies. All of their other output (with some exceptions, mostly animated): Yikes.

Kibbles

Joker cuts indeed.

Connor ‏@ConnorFilm 13m13 minutes ago League City, TX
@manthx Apparently "Bye Bye!" scene and the scene of Joker slapping Margot in the streets is not in the final film.

Aka my avatar scene isn't even in the movie :(

R.I.P
tumblr_o5gavtJoRU1qfoj4do1_500.gif

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Joker cuts indeed. Fuck will Smith

@manthx Apparently "Bye Bye!" scene and the scene of Joker slapping Margot in the streets is not in the final film.

So it begins...prepare yourself.

shoreu

Words that should never leave someones mouth

Well shit.

jmood88

Why are you blaming Will Smith?

duckroll

"I can't wait to show you my.... deleted scenes."

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

;_;...so annoying

Blader

I'm not sure why this is a big deal?

Tabby

DCEU dead. Pack it up boys.

I would really love to know who's behind these cuts. If it's WB again like with BvS or someone else.

duckroll

I'm not sure why this is a big deal?

Because it reinforces the claim that a writer on Twitter said about how between an earlier cut he watched and the final theatrical cut, they removed a number of Joker scenes in favor of increasing Deadshot's screen time, and re-edited the film with worse pacing. It could all be bullocks, but with a review embargo, paranoid fans, the dismal performance of BvS, and DC fanboy persecution complex, you know it's a shitstorm waiting to happen!

Kibbles

Lol so it took out two scenes
Oh no
oh no
Oh nooooooo (no no no)
Oh no you didn't
Well more than that because @DanielRPK said there were less Joker scenes than in his test screenings and made Jokers story "even more pointless". I hear people from spoiler thread in other forums saying we've pretty much seen all the Joker scenes in the trailers/tv spots, and they even cut a couple of those. The one where he wags his finger isn't in either. I know he's not part of the Squad but damn they advertised the hell out of him and some of those scenes we got glimpses of looked really cool. Harleen confronting him in the street, his half dirty charred face, gone. :(

Tabby

yeah, what scenes are we talking about? and how is it Smiths fault?

I haven't seen the movie but there was a leaked video during shooting where Letoker slaps Harley in the face, looks like it's right after the chase scene.

Then other scene was just like a 5 second clip in a trailer somewhere.

No idea how it's Will Smith's fault though.

xaosslug

i think this has more to do w/ BvS flopping and WB wanting things to be a bit more 'lighthearted' than Will Smith. If you want to blame anyone look to Zack Snyder.

VanWinkle

I'm fine with Joker having a small role, but it NEEDS to feel like there is a reason he's in the movie and not just there because he's the most popular comic book villain. I'm a little worried that cutting his apparently already short screentime might undermine his reason, but it's hard to know until we see reviews. I just hope his presence doesn't feel like fluff.

Sou Da

But I like Marvel movies too! All the Cap movies, the second Avengers movie (kinda), the Hulk movie with Norton, the first Iron Man (except for the last act). It's just that everything else is a special kind of bad. Especially GoTG and Ant-Man, those two I hate.

I also respond to DC related comments. I love BvS, MoS and the Nolan movies. All of their other output (with some exceptions, mostly animated): Yikes.

I find your taste suspect, considering you still stan for that Macy's supermodel tier actress in your profile.

But I'll stay on-topic.
Killer Croc should have been replaced with an Aquaman villain

Blader

Because it reinforces the claim that a writer on Twitter said about how between an earlier cut he watched and the final theatrical cut, they removed a number of Joker scenes in favor of increasing Deadshot's screen time, and re-edited the film with worse pacing. It could all be bullocks, but with a review embargo, paranoid fans, the dismal performance of BvS, and DC fanboy persecution complex, you know it's a shitstorm waiting to happen!

Yeah, but unless anyone here has seen the more Joker-heavy version of the movie, I'm not sure why people are mourning scenes they haven't seen that were cut from a movie they haven't seen. Maybe Joker isn't that integral to the plot, and having more scenes of him in the movie detracted from the main focus (Squad vs. whatever the villain is).

i think this has more to do w/ BvS flopping and WB wanting things to be a bit more 'lighthearted' than Will Smith. If you want to blame anyone look to Zack Snyder.

No, much as I'd like to, Snyder is a symptom, not the cause.

Blame Kevin Tsujihara and the other execs at WB for the mess the DCEU has become.

duckroll

Yeah, but unless anyone here has seen the more Joker-heavy version of the movie, I'm not sure why people are mourning scenes they haven't seen that were cut from a movie they haven't seen. Maybe Joker isn't that integral to the plot, and having more scenes of him in the movie detracted from the main focus (Squad vs. whatever the villain is).

Did you miss the more important second part of my post? Lol. I don't think it's a mystery why people here are acting the way they are at all! :D

I watched an interview with Leto today and he said up this is more like an introduction and there is more to come.

Also, seems like something Ayer would do. That dude is in love with Smith and always wanted him to be the main character.

Suicide Squad |Spoiler Thread| No Money, No Honey

Hey, some of my best friends are Asian!

But seriously, he's the CEO, so ultimately the mess WB has become post Harry Potter rests on him.

Lol I know b

But yeah, commercially WB is a bit of a mess, but I love them taking so many risks with things that I'm on board.

Except for fucking Yates

Folks, this was never gonna be Joker: The Movie

And I thought everybody knew Deadshot was the lead.

Oh well, maybe the reviews really will be divisive and then the fire will rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom