• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Kyanrute

1. *Splinter [m]- Nothing outlandish. Splinter showed initiative to work through problems and get down to solve them, but maybe he was bogged down by tunneling as they haven't shown much use. Lean town

2. Burbeting [m]- Burb had a pretty weak beginning with a strong finish. Perhaps he didn't want to participate in the shit posting? I feel like post #953 was when Burb went "Fuck it, fuck them, I'm playing Mafia" where it's the first time this game I got a good handling on his thought process. I want to say leaning town, but in the words of my sensei, a good finish only, town does not make. Reading null until next day.

3. Lone_Prodigy [m]-Well...well, he showed up. That has to count for something right? I'm sure he's busy but leaning scum since my opinion is I have no opinion. Why not null? Fuck you, this is my list. Better safe than sorry.

4. franconp [m]- Fran...there are a lot of things I can say, so I'll start with I appreciate his activity. I feel he got off on the bad side this day phase with his line of questioning, but given his posts content I can give him the benefit of doubt. Null for me.

5. Kalor [m]- Your sudden hit on Faddy cam be taken three ways for me. One, get town cred by bussing a teammate, two, just bandwagon on who looks most suspicious, or three, scapegoat and strafe. Lean scum.

6. Sorian [m]- Papa Phoenix holding everything in for a turnabout or not? I'd say, okay, you were probably busy. Same as Burb, weak middle, strong finish activity, with more interactions. Hm? Same? Noted. Lean town.

7. Crab [crustacean]- First of all, I agree about there being a disproportionate amount of shit posts to actual content in the thread. That was...unfortunate for everyone. However, what I call bullshit on is you detailing an entire post about how much shit is clogging the thread and ending it with a smug cap. You didn't think to make an effort and post actual content? Facilitate discussion? No? This right here is what I call faux content. It seems to be relevant, I can discuss it, agree with it, but at the end of the day it goes no further than that subject would in an entirely unrelated thread. We playing Mafia baby. Lean scum

8. nin1000 [m]- Hey. Hi. How are you? I don't know B. Null read

9. squidyj [m]- You fall off a cliff or something bro? You were having a good run in the middle of this day phase and then dipped. Is this scum behavior? I'm hesitant to say yes if only because this type of disregard can usually be found in town players too. Null read.

10. Kawl_USC [m]- He was busy for a while this day phase, but when he was here good posts just kept coming. Hmmm, I didn't like how he summarized a lot of points on his comeback while effectively trying to say 'he noticed, went over, and participated'. Other than that, leaning town.

11. Swamped [f]- Good posts. Other than the slight defensiveness when I wanted to talk which was weird, I'm getting a good feeling. Lean town.

12. Natiko [m]- Nothing sticks out to me from Nat's posts. That's the problem, I'm seeing a formulaic progression here, with input, inference, give a read, sweep, but the problem is that he's been very reactive this game, starting with input into conversations instead of creating threads. What bothers me is that's exactly what I expect scum to do when trying to stay out of sight while influencing town thought. Leaning slightly scum.

13. TheWorthyEdge [m]- Tsk, tsk, tsk, you're unworthy highlander to ascend the throne. Null read.

14. CCS [m]- Oh CCS, good chap, even without a day 1 claim you still manage to stand out. I'll buddy cop you with Acohrs.

15. Blargonaut [m]- Tour de Blarg, truly a force of nature. Can I see through his peculiarities? No, probably not. Do I think he's scum? I dunno, maybe. Would he be a ticking time bomb if he is scum? I just left a lot of uncertainty about him so no shit. Is he confusing the game? Yes...why yes he is. I just don't like policy lynching based on idiosyncratic tendencies. Now if he was doing what he did in DR3, then kick him the fuck off the island, but he's not. Null read (oh god) for now.

16. Verelios [m]- Hi

17. Kyanrute [m]- Hm....what to say. Even if Blarg wrote a hit single called SCUMLAUDE Ft.Bronx, I'd still get a maestro to compose it, and who better? There were batches of serious posts through your conversation with Blarg, but they seemed more like afterthoughts. I'm leaning scum.

18. Faddy [m]- What does it mean to slowly entrench yourself in a mudpit? I guess we found out. You give me a null read, despite your scum leanings because I can't reconcile scum spinning how you spun. Of course it's a possibility. Kinda leaning scum for me, but a null read for now.

19. WhereAreMahDragonz [f]- You didn't find them yet? I kinda didn't find you either. Then again, this is WAMD's usual speed and I usually end up with a scum read for that, so this time I'll go null. Null read.

20. Bronx-Man [m]-Even a dead horse doesn't get beaten more than Bronx. I can certainly see him as a town being scapegoated, even though he's more confrontational than a townie should be, but I believe him slightly taking into account his frustration at being public enemy #2 after Blarg. Null read

21. acohrs [m]-You can't talk Acohrs without CCS. Just like you can't walk the talk without two broken legs. You see where I'm going with this? Of the two, well are you being a true bro Acohrs? There are flashes of insight from you sometimes that I just don't get, but with this dynamic I certainly don't dare believe both of you are town. Null read, can swing scum or town.

22. OceanicAir [m]- Hey, what's up! You want to get to know me? Because I want to get to know you! Null read

23. StanleyPalmtree [m]-Stanley...do you have some clear cut opinion on the game? It seems you might, it also seems you might not, I'm going to put you in a null category for now.

24. gryvan [m]- Hm. Well...I mean, you seem excited to be here? That's something right? Null

Did I miss anyone?

LP, Kalor, Crab, Natiko (DED), Kyanrute.

That's a garbage reason and you know it, and have at least gone through with questioning my scum leads more than your shit posts. I've been scum reading Crab since day 1, I've been scum reading you since day 1, and surprise what we see here.

Vote:Crab

Tell me more on how you want to save your teammate

Quote all the posts from day two where you have actively pursued those reads. Quote all the posts where you do active work to engage with those whom you suspect in order to solidify your reads. Quote all the posts where it can be seen that you are processing your reads instead of faking everything.

Because there aren't that many of those posts.

Kawl_USC

That doesn't make much sense. Faddy had 1 vote at the time and discussion only seemed to have him at the barest periphery.
I definitely recall enough people saying they felt shaky on faddy today that it isn't some off the wall comment.

Any who, the point is he was asking why nin was seemingly not even considering discussing you two. Not calling only for votes to fall on them as the only two viable options to lynch today. It's a false equivalence.

You shouldn't have Role-claimed, Swamped.

You'd returned to a fairly defensible position in the Vote Count and could've likely coped with the vote-heat Today in your risky bunker, but in a brilliant textbook display of attrition Crabbage Role-flushed you out over 2 Days like a professional.

I'll tell you what I think of Crabmeat; his D1 guerrilla whining, and now his D2 boomeranging and tentative vote-shotgunning?

Specifically, Swamped, he picked you to besiege because he needed to engage a player that he knew would not get lynched too quickly with the help of their own anti-Town merits, after a bit of concentrated pressure-ribbing (a player like me, Bronx or nin), yet he needed a player that would not show him up with more reliable pro-Townness than himself upon being engaged in extended conversation (a player like Sorian, Natiko or Kawl).

Hence, you, Swamped; as an all-around, unassuming player in terms of thread presence, read capability and reputation, you were the perfect target for Crab's design. Crab's only other vote on D1 was against Bronx; this vote (and why not me, I wonder? Because I'm too high-profile a shitposter, that's why. He would actually lose Townie points if he went after the too-obvious 'obstacle to coherence') was clearly only meant as a stepping stone from which to leap onto his real target for the greater game of his. You were a blank slate that Crab could write a scumtell saga on, and he knew people would buy his tales of you for quite an extended period of (Crab) time; his stance on you shows itself in his repeated statements of how he can't seem to manage to pin your motives down despite his constant boomeranging back to you out of the whole player roster, after all of which you'd think he'd have a fairer gauge of you by then. Crab knows that Role-claims are an inevitability; yet, whether you, Swamped, broke or not was inconsequential to him, in the end.

He has used you to maintain visibility, used you to establish his own thread presence as an attack-form and relied on the others' perception of attack as scum-hunt, to keep himself seated on that scum-hunter's throne. Tunnelling is a magnificent strategy to employ towards being seen as pro-Town if carried out with the restraint as Crab has shown; it bears minimal risk to the user, as commitment to a single target rather than the standard multiple vague leads offers the user the chance to put themselves in that most desirable of pro-Town states: self-redemption. If said target of tunnelling flips as scum then the user is vindicated, elevated in pro-Town stature and the charade continues, and if said target flips as Town, the user can deliberately beg forgiveness for their own "shortsightedness" and come off as pro-Town when they "broaden their once-narrow scope" by only afterwards including the other players in their reads (which they should've been doing to begin with if they were really for Town's interest, instead of their own).

Hence, I think his siege on you, Swamped, belies a very careful, orchestrated tunnelling meant to anchor his presence to the pro-Town seefloor, but for the purposes of staying alive as long as possible. You have:

D1) Crab enters the arena on the basis of whining about how terrible we are as a player collective. He knows that whining, while anti-Town in itself, is not enough of a basis to get himself lynched, and whining has the benefit of also setting him up to be seen as pro-Town when he makes his scum-hunting "comeback". Thereby, he has neatly set himself up for an assumption of a throne of leadership later in the game.

D2) Crab doesn't get what he wanted in the Swamped lynch, but that's okay for Crab, because not getting what he wanted is exactly what he wanted; as his nominee has progressed to the next Day, so has his setup for keeping up appearances. Today, he goes back and forth on a new unsurety regarding Swamped, jumping between Faddy, Verelios and Bronx, in the hopes of setting-up a new target to continue his charade once/if/when Swamped is removed from play.

Now, what does this all say about his Alignment?

Honestly, I can't say. All signs point to a guarded importance of self. He could be a Neutral. He could be a scum. He could be a Town PR.

I dunno. But 2/3 good odds, eh?

Verelios

LP, Kalor, Crab, Natiko (DED), Kyanrute.

Quote all the posts from day two where you have actively pursued those reads. Quote all the posts where you do active work to engage with those whom you suspect in order to solidify your reads. Quote all the posts where it can be seen that you are processing your reads instead of faking everything.

Because there aren't that many of those posts.
If you were looking to read them, they're there. There's a search by post at the topside of the page, you're telling me you can't find offending ones?
This is what I call scum throwing shade.
There was no shade thrown, that was an observation. If I wanted to throw shade, you'd know.
In retrospect, I am a better scum than that.
A better scum doesn't shit post for half a day and then deflect for half the other.

Kawl_USC

Sorry, at work. Will be back in like 3 hours
Day 2 ends:
red_1489010400.png

Kyanrute

If you were looking to read them, they're there. There's a search by post at the topside of the page, you're telling me you can't find offending ones?

There was no shade thrown, that was an observation. If I wanted to throw shade, you'd know.

A better scum doesn't shit post for half a day and then deflect for half the other.

ok full shitpost is on

lol

there is none

you comment on my d1 vote and never pursue it further and there is 1-2 random comments about crab

you do absolutely nothing

and speaking of deflection, here, let me give you my official response:

LOLOLLOLOLOLOL

Kyanrute

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

If you are going to accuse me of shitposting today, holy hell. Desperate much?

oh and feel free to quote the word desperate there, i know you want to do it

it surprises me how few people are considering lynching CCS, it seems like plenty people here scum read him and have voice enthusiasm (or at least said they would be "okay with") his lynch, but then the vote counts really dont reflect that.

Gorlak

Banned
Strongest scum read on Crab atm.

Just came from a game in which he was scum, he's doing exactly the same things here. His justification to vote swamped 1207 reeks of self-preservation level bronx. He cares much about how he is perceived when scum.
Counter argument would be the lack of a vote change (to squidyj or bronx), but he wasn't around when the tide turned and only posted after squidyj was at 6 (compared to his 3), so not fully applicable.

His start post of D2 is distorting the reality. Swamped never had more than 3 votes on her and those were on her at day end as well. How in the world do you call that a wagon collapsing abrutly? I don't understand why Crab is haunting Swamped, but I get the feeling he went for her to create a thunderdome he could supposedly win?

---

Swamped on the other doesn't feel scummy to me. In retrospect neither CCS, nor Kalor (except the obligatory gut), nor Blarg provided any reason why they voted her. I think she is honest demoralized on why people want to vote her, given a lack of accusations. This is why I can understand her feeling the need to claim, yet as pointed out already commuter is a safe one. Who pointed out the value of commuter shots? Kyan asked the important question, why did you use one N1 swamped? Something I can't understand yet, given you had suspicion on yourself and wouldn't be nk. So after the claim I'm not as firm in my townread of her as I was while reading the first 1.5 days.

---

Splinter snuck in the squidyj lynch very early and so far no one seems to be aware of that. He was the first one to go at squidyj during the starting phase. And he took the chance (#1205 to highlight him again after Kyan basically late omgused squidyj (with no reasoning as well). I hate people repeating the same argument as he did here, this was solely produced to get people to vote squidyj. Aside from that Splinter occasionally provided his usual insight and poked some (like Burb), but definitely does not feels as engaged as I'm used to.

Verelios

ok full shitpost is on

lol

there is none

you comment on my d1 vote and never pursue it further and there is 1-2 random comments about crab

you do absolutely nothing

and speaking of deflection, here, let me give you my official response:

LOLOLLOLOLOLOL
What is your definition of absolutely nothing and how much would I have to 'theoretically' do before it's enough? Cut the shit and just admit you're looking to swing the vote, because that's all you're 'lolololol' doing without doubt.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

If you are going to accuse me of shitposting today, holy hell. Desperate much?

oh and feel free to quote the word desperate there, i know you want to do it
How is accusing you of shitposting today desperate? Are you seriously telling me you haven't shit posted? Really? Don't try and deny things you know are true.

Kyanrute

What is your definition of absolutely nothing and how much would I have to 'theoretically' do before it's enough? Cut the shit and just admit you're looking to swing the vote, because that's all you're 'lolololol' doing without doubt.

How is accusing you of shitposting today desperate? Are you seriously telling me you haven't shit posted? Really? Don't try and deny things you know are true.

lol jk

nin1000

Banned
One thing does bother me about Swamped using shot in n1. She was a big vote target in d1, right? If she is town, it's not likely scum would target her for nk.

we dont know if what she said is true though. I certanly would not tell the truth when it comes to how many commuter shots i have left and if i used them.

oh and for the record, if it does come down come down to crab or swamped lynch, i will be voting for swamped.

most of crabs more negative actions strikes me much more as an aggravatingly arrogant townie, rather than scum.

where as swamped's constant push against crab feels like this:
tumblr_inline_o10cj6jnnz1sevyw0_540.png

but with a snake oil salesman's smile.

Kyanrute

hey there is search, top of the page

search the posts, look for them, or are you saying you find none

see i can write useless words too, what a skill it is

Ratio is what matters and mine is good.

nin1000

Banned
kyan mate, you seem to have licked blood with verelious. I know its fun to mock a player but this seems almost obsessive.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
why have we decided it is crab vs. swamped

why

I have explicitly asked people about Verelios. Half this thread seems to have fos'd Verelios at some point. So why can't we get any traction here? Swamped isn't even my main priority. In fact, the way this day end is playing out strategically, with so many people trying to force crab vs. swamped, is making me townread her more and more.

nin1000

Banned
So why didn't she just say 'I will not disclose if I used a shot N1'

Well, there are different ways to play your cards burb. I for one would not have claimed at all and if , then would again not have said if i used my shots.
But if did those 2 things i certanly would not tell the truth about having used commuter shots on N1.

This is a game of lies you know

Burbeting

Banned
kyan mate, you seem to have licked blood with verelious. I know its fun to mock a player but this seems almost obsessive.

I'm actually interested if Verelious is going to respond with giving examples or not. Right now his reactions have only been defensive lashes at Kyan.

Verelios

hey there is search, top of the page

search the posts, look for them, or are you saying you find none

see i can write useless words too, what a skill it is

Ratio is what matters and mine is good.
?
What are you talking about, that the ratio of shit you write is higher?

Kyanrute

?
What are you talking about, that the ratio of shit you write is higher?

yeah, you are useless, you can't even do the thing you wrote

i at least did my homework when i signed up for this dance class

There is no progression in your thoughts and when accused of it, all you can do is to lash out like this. How townie is that?

Verelios

why

I have explicitly asked people about Verelios. Half this thread seems to have fos'd Verelios at some point. So why can't we get any traction here? Swamped isn't even my main priority. In fact, the way this day end is playing out strategically, with so many people trying to force crab vs. swamped, is making me townread her more and more.
This situation feels oddly familiar...almost as if this is the exact same stratagem used against Squidyj with Kyan once against championing to be first, on the same ballots you don't want discussed.

Gorlak

Banned

why

You did. Look at your first post this day phase and tell me it's not a hyperbole and a lie. Cooling off after she claimed doesn't give you any credit. Going after someone else just now, who happened to be suspicious to people, feels like you feared being lynched now more than ever.

Look at this. You don't even provide a case against Verelios. You just want to ride on the vibe and use to your best interest.

vote: crab

y'now i do hope i dont die tonight, im enjoying this game quite alot.
eitehr way im hapy i reconsidered my initial plan to sit this one out.

why

eh, ild be fine with a verelious lynch, i imagine that the lack of traction is because vere has been well of most peoples radars, if he is scum then it seems like he found a very good balance between contributions and posting.

Verelios

yeah, you are useless, you can't even do the thing you wrote

i at least did my homework when i signed up for this dance class

There is no progression in your thoughts and when accused of it, all you can do is to lash out like this. How townie is that?
The fuck are you talking about? Are you seriously telling me you're a paragon of town right now? After leading a lynch on Squidy without reason besides fuck inactives? Fuck out of here with this policing

Ourobolus

Banned
bronx-man (0)
sorian 1372 (1431)
crab 1490 (1675)
wherearemahdragonz 1536 (1811)

kalor (1)
burbeting 1384 (1399)
burbeting 2009

crab (8)
faddy 1426 (1519)
bronx-man 1452
swamped 1454
nin1000 1467 (1597)
faddy 1519
ccs 1520 (1796)
blargonaut 2007
nin1000 2010
theworthyedge 2035
verelios 2036
gorlak 2081

swamped (2)
sorian 1431 (1924)
lone_prodigy 1624 (1867)
kawl_usc 1744
blargonaut 1746 (1802)
ccs 1796 (1799)
*splinter 1936

lone_prodigy (0)
acohrs 1482 (1916)

stanleypalmtree (0)
theworthyedge 1703 (2035)

faddy (1)
crab 1718 (1991)
franconp 1914

verelios (3)
ccs 1799 (1851)
crab 1991
kyanrute 2005
ccs 2028

ccs (2)
wherearemahdragonz 1811
stanleypalmtree 1913

kyanrute (0)
gorlak 1832 (1885)

wherearemahdragonz (0)
ccs 1851 (2028)

burbeting (1)
lone_prodigy 1867 (2042)
kalor 1876
blargonaut 1901 (2007)

acohrs (1)
flatearthpandas 1895

blargonaut (1)
sorian 1924

red_1489010400.png

Majority is 12.

Gorlak

Banned
Kyanrute plays seriously. Leaning scum on him. The amount of shitposts is too low, he probably has a seperate chat to let those out.

---

Burbeting was mentioned a lot lately and his lack of contributions is troubling. The confusion around the day start and supposedly misunderstanding crab's post come off as a bad excuse for a rushed reaction and vote on Kalor. Leaning scum.

---

There is a whole bunch I have no read on Kalor, LP, TWE, fep, nin. Oddly I've no opinion on Blarg, who is our top poster. He started with usual rubbish, asked some questions later, but that's it. Not getting anything here.

I'll have to reread the fran/faddy exchange.

Kyanrute

The fuck are you talking about? Are you seriously telling me you're a paragon of town right now? After leading a lynch on Squidy without reason besides fuck inactives? Fuck out of here with this policing

Yes I am the towniest town there is SCUM.

i would ask you to contribute the things you've been asked to contribute but i know that is a lost cause

Fuck inactives? Holy shit do you even follow the discussion, Mr. I Look After My Scum Reads?

Kyanrute

He was playing much like he was in Mini III (he was scum there), with a slight twist - a single post where he explained whom he found suspicious and why. He never followed up on that, even when questioned about it. Overall, I felt he was all over the place, shooting at things but rather carefree about the actual results. The vote without explanation was an another attempt to get his attention (and something he did to me in Mini III, have to keep the meta things rolling). In the end poor Kyan got no attention at all from anyone and after 30 minutes of waiting hangover said "go to bed" and Kyan said "ok".

DUNDUNDUNNNN

see i know how to use the "search"

do you?

Verelios

Yes I am the towniest town there is SCUM.

i would ask you to contribute the things you've been asked to contribute but i know that is a lost cause

Fuck inactives? Holy shit do you even follow the discussion, Mr. I Look After My Scum Reads?
Yes, fuck inactives, did you give good reasoning on why Squidy, no. Was there anything besides saving Crab? No. So you found a scapegoat and voted him off. If that's wrong then go ahead and justify your vote on him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I just can't be bothered any more. This is tedious and not fun. My presence is clearly stopping town from thinking straight. If my lynch means you stop being a bunch of chucklefucks, so be it.

VOTE: Crab

Verelios

Verelios, what do you think about Bronx
He seemed like a frustrated town player who was (deservingly) getting surrounded.
DUNDUNDUNNNN

see i know how to use the "search"

do you?
Didn't I just say I was on mobile? On this page even? And that reasoning is complete bullshit still. I saw it before and it still is. You're trying to use a meta argument to justify that vote but what you did was literally swing the vote close to deadline.

Kyanrute

He seemed like a frustrated town player who was (deservingly) getting surrounded.

Didn't I just say I was on mobile? On this page even? And that reasoning is complete bullshit still. I saw it before and it still is. You're trying to use a meta argument to justify that vote but what you did was literally swing the vote close to deadline.

i saw it before

mmhmm

oh let me quote someone

wait a bit

Verelios

I just can't be bothered any more. This is tedious and not fun. My presence is clearly stopping town from thinking straight. If my lynch means you stop being a bunch of chucklefucks, so be it.

This is contrived bull. Are you saying everyone who is almost lynched should behave like this?

Burbeting

Banned
That said,

suiciding is never good idea for a town player to do. It reeks of scum trying to act like a martyr.

Top Bottom