• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

VOTE: Burbeting

mciS7Uc.png

whyyyy

whyyyyyyyyy

what good does claiming vanilla town do? why can we never seem to get people to stop doing this despite how often everyone points out how dumb claims under almost no pressure are? this is the single worst thing about GAFia, by far.

Iknowrite

Be more creative pls

Sorian

Banned
The inactivity in this game is startling, I know that's partially pot/kettle but we're at a standstill for some reason and there's no excuse. At this point I'm almost willing to start in on the low posters since scum seems content to coast.

The inactivity in this game is startling, I know that's partially pot/kettle but we're at a standstill for some reason and there's no excuse. At this point I'm almost willing to start in on the low posters since scum seems content to coast.

two eyebrows or one

Verelios

Caught this before bed, and all I can say is throw out something to discuss and I'm game to play.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Crab (3)
Bronx-Man 1452
Swamped 1454
nin1000 1467 1597
Faddy 1519
CCS 1520 1796

Burbeting (3)
Lone_Prodigy 1867
Kalor 1876
Blargonaut 1901

Swamped (2)
Sorian 1431
Lone_Prodigy 1624 1867
Kawl_USC 1744
Blargonaut 1746 1802
CCS 1796 1799

Lone_Prodigy (1)
acohrs 1482

WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
CCS 1851

StanleyPalmtree (1)
TheWorthyEdge 1703

acohrs (1)
flatearthpandas 1895

CCS (1)
WhereAreMahDragonz 1811

Faddy (1)
Crab 1718

Verelios (0): CCS 1799 1851

Kalor (0): Burbeting 1384 1399

Bronx-Man (0): Sorian 1372 1431, Crab 1490 1675, WhereAreMahDragonz 1536 1811

Kyanrute (0): Gorlak 1832 1885

No active vote for Day 2: *Splinter, Burbeting (has previously voted), franconp, Gorlak (has previously voted), Kyanrute, nin1000 (has previously voted), StanleyPalmtree, Verelios

Day 2 ends:
red_1489010400.png

Automated vote tally here

12 votes for majority

nin1000

Banned

Instead of complaining , you could act.

well, complaining is kind of an act.

sorta.....

yeah, i got like piss all to talk about.

sure wish burb would show up, show any kinda of reaction to the large amount people starting to grow increasingly suspicious of him.....

*checks watch*

annnnnyyyy minute now .

franconp

VOTE: Faddy

I still think Faddy is scum. Nothing that he had said has made me less suspicious of him.

Another 2 possible votes could be CCS (for all that roleclaim thing) or Burb (his game is really weak so far).

I think I will be around the deadline (unless I have trouble at work) so I may move my vote later.

Kyanrute

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

Something about all of this doesn't sit well with me at all. There's something off about all of this. Feels like a Scum plan to throw everybody off but they didn't have enough patience to wait.

I'd like to hear the details about this scum plan and your reasoning behind the Stan vote.

acohrs

Gorlak, give me a reason why I shouldn't vote for you? Gryvan screamed dodgey as feck to me, and you're his replacement so I can give you the tiniest leeway, but you're still my number one target.

Also,

unvote

acohrs

l'd be willing to bet that Crab, Swamped, CCS, Faddy, and Bronx are not scum. The reason why discussion is dying is because there's no discussion outside of those participants and scum are happy to coast and let discussion just die, since they don't need to defend themselves as we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

Faddy, what happened to your policy of lynching inactives?

Verelios

l'd be willing to bet that Crab, Swamped, CCS, Faddy, and Bronx are not scum. The reason why discussion is dying is because there's no discussion outside of those participants and scum are happy to coast and let discussion just die, since they don't need to defend themselves as we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

Faddy, what happened to your policy of lynching inactives?
I'd be willing to bet there's scum in Crab/CCS/Sorian or some things wouldn't add up. That, and I'm a gambling man.

acohrs

Also Bronx, are you waiting until night phase to cure Stan? Since you roleclaimed, why don't you just type the command here?

franconp

Also Bronx, are you waiting until night phase to cure Stan? Since you roleclaimed, why don't you just type the command here?

Not all commands can be used in the day phase. Didn't he said or hinted that his was a night command? That's why his roleclaim was stupid.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm still not scum-reading Crab. Granted, my only point of reference to scum Crab is Harry Potter, which might not be best game to reference due to reasons. But I do feel that his play here is different to how it was there, and he has been lot more contributive to the discussion today, compared to yesterday.

Bronx is out of the question for lynch, too. I need to re-read on Faddy & Swamped at least, and I still don't feel good about Kalor, personally. He hasn't really got any better from D1, even if I misread the start of today.

Sorian

Banned
Caught this before bed, and all I can say is throw out something to discuss and I'm game to play.

More to nin but what a silly argument. I did do something, I called the shit.

That said, here's something else.

VOTE: Blargonaut

You've had ample time to prove yourself to me and you haven't. This is not town Blarg. For bonus points, don't think I don't see al of you avoiding talking about Swamped in those little scum lists.

acohrs

You've had ample time to prove yourself to me and you haven't. This is not town Blarg. For bonus points, don't think I don't see al of you avoiding talking about Swamped in those little scum lists.

If you think that Swamped is scum then why are you voting for Blarg?

Sorian

Banned
3oz8xFuJ0Zz1bBw6pG.gif

That's cray cray!!!!

In all seriousness, if both are scum as you say, you'd rather Blag go first?

I'd rather shake the meta at this point more than anything. I also have more experience reading Blarg as opposed to Swamped so I have more confidence in the read.

Sorian

Banned
Also, independent reads. I'm not saying both are scum, I'm saying both have above average chance at being scum. There's a difference.

Is it that time already?

You're gonna need more friends than that to get my blood pumping, Sorian

acohrs

I like Blarg as I find him entertaining, but I also would like to find out what a Blarg is made of for science. Decisions, decisions...

*Splinter

Ok, I've been thinking about who I actually want lynched today and I'm going to

VOTE: Swamped

I considered Burb, but the longer he's AWOL the more I think he's disinterested or otherwise unavailable. Doesn't make him town but it moves him from scum to null. There's also no friction around the idea of lynching him. More and more people are popping in to say "yeah, Burb, totally, whatever", if he flips town he gives us nothing, there are much more contentious topics I'd like to look at, such as...

Franconp v Faddy
I read Franconp as town quite strongly, his play this game matches his previous performances well enough to convince me for the time being. I'm particularly referring to his ability to find a lead and pursue it aggressively.

Faddy I'm obviously less certain on. Things like his publicly searching for allies is obviously concerning, but I'm reminded of him voting for a tie to save himself in DR3 (he was neutral but seemed convinced he would have done the same as town). It's not ideal play but I think it's borne of inexperience rather than anything more sinister. I'm sure he's been making other comments that bother me though so consider this read incomplete for now.

Also I head this section as Fran v Faddy because it was one of the more interesting arguments from D1, but Faddy flipping town wouldn't make me scumread Fran. Town-town is entirely possible, even likely.

Crab v Swamped
This is (obviously) where I want to see a lynch today, and as previously stated I'm currently leaning Swamped. Unlike FranFad this feels much less likely to be town-town, partly due to how each react to finger pointing by pointing it right back (this was more obvious from Swamped, but as she points out she did technically accuse Crab before vice versa), and partly due to squidy becoming the easiest lynch I've ever suggested. I also have quite a strong connection between swamped and Vere, so it would be nice to shed some light on that.

I had more to say but was called away for a few hours. Bleh. Also I've been caught spending too much time on this at work again, so expect my activity to drop a little.

-.-

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Crab (3)
Bronx-Man 1452
Swamped 1454
nin1000 1467 1597
Faddy 1519
CCS 1520 1796

Burbeting (3)
Lone_Prodigy 1867
Kalor 1876
Blargonaut 1901

Swamped (2)
Sorian 1431 1924
Lone_Prodigy 1624 1867
Kawl_USC 1744
Blargonaut 1746 1802
CCS 1796 1799
*Splinter 1936

Faddy (2)
Crab 1718
franconp 1914

CCS (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz 1811
StanleyPalmtree 1913

WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
CCS 1851

acohrs (1)
flatearthpandas 1895

StanleyPalmtree (1)
TheWorthyEdge 1703

Blargonaut (1)
Sorian 1924

Kalor (0): Burbeting 1384 1399

Verelios (0): CCS 1799 1851

Lone_Prodigy (0): acohrs 1482 1916

Kyanrute (0): Gorlak 1832 1885

Bronx-Man (0): Sorian 1372 1431, Crab 1490 1675, WhereAreMahDragonz 1536 1811

No active vote for Day 2: acohrs (has previously voted), Burbeting (has previously voted), Gorlak (has previously voted), Kyanrute, nin1000 (has previously voted), Verelios

Day 2 ends:
red_1489010400.png

Automated vote tally here

12 votes for majority

Nah, don't want Blarg lynched, if Blarg and CCS die then this game would be so dull!

Blarg, how are you today?

see, Sorian

This is the value of soft power

Like and subscribe, Sorian

Like and subscribe

I am in a malaise of general good cheer Today, acorns. Yourself?

Kawl_USC

Okay Jeff Rosenstock is super dope guys. Should listen to his shit, what an entertainer.

I've decided to say fuck trawling through the mess that is day 1. There's no way I could manage to do that before day end with work.

But with the now manageable day 2 all that lays before me, I promise to provide insights to make up for my lacking presence today (I blame my friend for coming into town though. It's his fault I like him more than you guys)

Faddy

Banned
Someone help me understand this Swamped lynch? Is this back to the mythical "swamped wagon". Even Crab admitted it was very unlikely to happen.

So what else is suspicious about Swamped? That she scumread Crab?

I am at a loss.

acohrs

see, Sorian

This is the value of soft power

Like and subscribe, Sorian

Like and subscribe

I am in a malaise of general good cheer Today, acorns. Yourself?

Aw, sorry to hear buddy? Anything your old mucker acorns can do to help cheer you up? Want some GIF magic?

Swamped

Banned
KAWL (and a bit of Vere and TWE and others)

It seems that Kawl has been pretty busy throughout this game. One thing he does on D2 is to bring up a point about Vere's confusion between me and Dragonz, a very early thing from D1. He's been looking closely at Vere, which not many players have been doing, but Crab and Splinter have as well. He also analyzed TWE's vote on Stan, which Vere replies to. Tbh I totally ignored TWE's post and vote. It really felt like a townie who is disinterested in the game. But looking back, that was some awfully odd reasoning, why vote for someone who is poisoned?!?!?! What's not to believe about a poison claim. I still think TWE is town not really following the game, but it's definitely an odd vote. So many other non-descript people who could have parked his vote on. If he's scum I think he's inactive in the scum chat too.

In general Kawl seems pretty defensive of Crab. This is obvious from 1721 and 1574 (and his vote on me lol :p). Said he would look into Sorian, but he hasn't yet. Crab found that suspicious. There's a teeny back and forth between Kawl and Crab regarding this (post 1702) in which it seems like Kawl is disparaging Crab? So this seems inconsistent with his overall read of Crab. I'm reading this as a manufactured back-and-forth, maybe trying to create some distance.

He believes CCS's explanation of his vote on me during the climax of D1. I'm...super unsure abut CCS. He seems like such a messy player. Is it just the way he plays town or is it first time scum jitters? I know Faddy has been strongly questioning him. But I can't glean any information about Kawl's alignment from this.

Kawl talks about Bronx a fair bit during D1. Talks about Blarg as well. Earlier I said I couldn't remember a single thing Kawl had done, but actually he made an interesting point about Blarg on D1 - was Blarg role (or name) fishing? Blarg's name fishing was a lot more obvious today, with his 'message' he received N1 and who might have sent it.

I'm leaning slightly scum on Kawl (due to his defense of Crab which I think is undeserved), but will learn more from Crab's flip.

Swamped

Banned
Someone help me understand this Swamped lynch? Is this back to the mythical "swamped wagon". Even Crab admitted it was very unlikely to happen.

So what else is suspicious about Swamped? That she scumread Crab?

I am at a loss.

People prefer Crab to me

80202-zooey-deschanel-crying-sad-gif-th6E.gif

I'm such a delight though! I don't scold people at least :p

Top Bottom