• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

Ostinatto

Best online game so far, my hands were shaking at the end xD

21366664_10159277935220402_543259895035906659_o.jpg

These japanese players are good.

Spacedeck

Neo Member
Sorry, could you explain what's going on here? Is this for a trophy, I'm assuming that this hole is the 'easiest' to Condor?

You might have noticed you unlock a secret VS character by doing something like make 50 birdies. In total there is 10 and for the trophy, you have to defeat them all. Nobody knew what the requirements was to unlock the final VS character until I did it myself. So I guess it's my fault if people are farming the hole more than ever.

It's all part of getting a trophy though, but I'm not in a huge rush to platinum the game as I'll be playing this game daily for a good while to come.

Rflagg

You might have noticed you unlock a secret VS character by doing something like make 50 birdies. In total there is 10 and for the trophy, you have to defeat them all. Nobody knew what the requirements was to unlock the final VS character until I did it myself. So I guess it's my fault if people are farming the hole more than ever.

It's all part of getting a trophy though, but I'm not in a huge rush to platinum the game as I'll be playing this game daily for a good while to come.

I don't see myself ever getting this, and I am more then ok with that, isn't something stupid like three condors in rows as well?

Ha, my recycled custom clubs already have the same distance as my first maxed out set and I have 5 upgrades left. Will take me 270 gems, that's too much given how many you can pick up.

TFGB

I don't see myself ever getting this, and I am more then ok with that, isn't something stupid like three condors in rows as well?
You don't have to get them in a row, it's 3 in total so not too bad lol. I've been trying for the last couple of hours and I've got within a couple of feet of the pin on numerous occasions. It's just down to luck, and how strong your will is to persevere.

It's soul destroying getting within inches of a Condor though. I can see quite a few DS4s getting rage-smashed from this. XD

purbeast

Can someone who has clubs maxed out control wise confirm whether or not you still get random pushes/pulls when you get PI?

I played last night for the first time since last week and it's incredible how many PI shots I get that aren't even close to the line I aimed up prior to shooting. It's starting to become a deal breaker for me and if it stays this way I may just not play this game.

As I feared, this game is waaay to easy. -7 is my worst round so far and that's on starting clubs. Can't imagine how easy the game gets with good clubs since I'm regularly shooting -9/-10 on the 9 hole course.

I'm just rank 2 so far and I get that the courses get harder later on but since it seems impossible to miss the fairway or the greens, even if I intentionally miss the impact, I don't see how this is going to get challenging.

As it is right now most shots is just transport, never having to take anything on the course into consideration.

Does landing shots exactly where you want them get substantially harder later on?

surrogate

As I feared, this game is waaay to easy. -7 is my worst round so far and that's on starting clubs. Can't imagine how easy the game gets with good clubs since I'm regularly shooting -9/-10 on the 9 hole course.

I'm just rank 2 so far and I get that the courses get harder later on but since it seems impossible to miss the fairway or the greens, even if I intentionally miss the impact, I don't see how this is going to get challenging.

As it is right now most shots is just transport, never having to take anything on the course into consideration.

Does landing shots exactly where you want them get substantially harder later on?

Not especially. Outside of Imperial Garden, none of the other course are what I would call challenging. The greens and putting are far too easy for the most part. The increased chance of a bad impact while using backspin is really the most difficult part of the game.

DrDamn

You are only on the easiest course with little in the way of undulation, real obstacles or wind in the tournaments. So relatively it will get harder. The second course has a lot more up/down to take into account for example.

You may be on beginner clubs but the bigger factor is the character stats you are building up with the clubs too - they outgrow the starting course a while before the second one unlocks. I'd concentrate on unlocking courses for a while.

has there been any sort of response about the Perfect Impact RNG? fucking maddening.

have a shot lined from 150 out. hit perfect impact, and the gauge says i hit the ball way on the right side. shot goes 10 yards left of the hole.

Heel

Wait, can you copy someone who has the bear or bunny outfit amd get it for free?

Oh, I dunno about that. I was talking about the CPU characters you see in the home area.

I'm pretty sure you just get a copy of an online player's character that you can't edit...may or may not be able to copy characters with DLC outfits. Never tried.

ornery

has there been any sort of response about the Perfect Impact RNG? fucking maddening.

have a shot lined from 150 out. hit perfect impact, and the gauge says i hit the ball way on the right side. shot goes 10 yards left of the hole.

Shits honestly infuriating.

Paskil

Rank 7 and currently working at unlocking all people from each rank. My easiest vs. match so far was a score game and when I finished hole 2. the AI had somehow given up after getting 12 strokes on the hole. Since it was a stroke round, we were playing at the same time and I have no idea what happened for the AI to get that many strokes. Another VS. match was match play and had the AI also give up because it got stuck on the edge of water in the sand and every time it tried to get off the beach onto the green, it hit a wall and bounced back to the initial shot position.

Heel

I guess you just have to wait it out if you fail against a VS. character at Rank 7. Had a different character to challenge a few days after failing against one. Still not entirely sure how it works.

Steroyd

Are you backspinning?

Top spin seems to keep the RNG in check but if you really need backspin I'd suggest applying Sidespin with it, taking into consideration where the ball could land (e.g bending it round a potential sand banks etc), I'm dissapointed that high and low trajectory has been assigned to consumable balls.

sphinx

the piano man
sorry to ask again but I pressed down on impact and I still don't see the ball behaving any different when touching the ground....I still haven't seen the ball roll back with back spin

is it that only some balls perform (super) back spin maybe?

sorry to ask again but I pressed down on impact and I still don't see the ball behaving any different when touching the ground....I still haven't seen the ball roll back with back spin

is it that only some balls perform (super) back spin maybe?

Hold up while setting power. Hold down while setting impact.

You also need perfect impact.

purbeast

There are just mind numbing stupid ass design decisions in this game...

I just beat a tourney and had a club level up because I met a gallery number so it maxed all stats on my putter. Well my putter was already maxed out at 10, so it just showed the putter there with the crown and didn't pick another club to up the stats by 1 level on.

Just stupid design decision after stupid design decision in this game...

Spacedeck

Neo Member
I guess you just have to wait it out if you fail against a VS. character at Rank 7. Had a different character to challenge a few days after failing against one. Still not entirely sure how it works.

There's a way around this. At the end of the day when you finish playing, upload your save file to PS+ cloud. When you wake up the next day, check to see if you have a character to play, if not close the game down entirely and download your save file from yesterday. If that fails, redownload again until one shows.

This also works if you are about to lose a match. If you feel you will lose, close the game down (don't quit the round) and download yesterday's save file again.

You will still only be able to complete one of these per day, just remember to upload your latest save each night.

Also I recommend playing the VS challenge as soon as you get on because you will lose rewards you've earned, coins ect if you play the game and then download yesterdays save.

I used this method today and it worked for me.

Heel

There's a way around this. At the end of the day when you finish playing, upload your save file to PS+ cloud. When you wake up the next day, check to see if you have a character to play, if not close the game down entirely and download your save file from yesterday. If that fails, redownload again until one shows.

This also works if you are about to lose a match. If you feel you will lose, close the game down (don't quit the round) and download yesterday's save file again.

You will still only be able to complete one of these per day, just remember to upload your latest save each night.

Also I recommend playing the VS challenge as soon as you get on because you will lose rewards you've earned, coins ect if you play the game and then download yesterdays save.

I used this method today and it worked for me.

Oh, nice. I'll start doing this, thanks!

Get'sMad

how can i find players i recently played with?

if it's like any other games just go to Friends in the PS4s OS and scroll down to "Players Met"

really hoping that unused purple gate in the hub to access online (if you don't just use the menu you can access from hitting the option button) means they're planning on adding more online modes at some point.

Ostinatto

if it's like any other games just go to Friends in the PS4s OS and scroll down to "Players Met"

really hoping that unused purple gate in the hub to access online (if you don't just use the menu you can access from hitting the option button) means they're planning on adding more online modes at some point.

Players met option is empty. Is there any other way?

Get'sMad

make sure your online status is set to be appearing online too...found it doesn't work on some games if you show you're not online.

other than that I don't know if theres any other way for this game.

Yes. The wind gets stronger the elevation changes are larger and the penalty for any miscalculation is more often a bunker or an OB on the other hand your power rises meaning birdies remain common
but to get ranked in the top 20% scores of the online challenge courses you start needing all birdies and an eagle or three (depends on course).

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there a way to get the game to downsample 4k on a 1080p set? The jaggies and especially the tree shimmering is awful. I would much rather play at 30 fps with downsampling than 60 fps with this artifacting.

sphinx

the piano man
Hold up while setting power. Hold down while setting impact.

You also need perfect impact.

All of this done.... still no Back spin. I mean, I should see the ball spinning backwards with a fireline right?? maybe I am too early in the game??

I don't ever see the D-pad appearing on the ball down-right on the screen.

also, this video shows backspin happening without perfect impact.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tcRZqgLChQ

AND youll need to hit the pin for anything to happen. The pin is the 3 circles around the hole.

so you mean backspin and superbackspin cannot be used freely in regular areas, but only if the ball lands in the area around the hole??

maybe that's it then...

surrogate

All of this done.... still no Back spin. I mean, I should see the ball spinning backwards with a fireline right?? maybe I am too early in the game??

I don't ever see the D-pad appearing on the ball down-right on the screen.

also, this video shows backspin happening without perfect impact.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tcRZqgLChQ

so you mean backspin and superbackspin cannot be used freely in regular areas, but only if the ball lands in the area around the hole??

maybe that's it then...

You can backspin anywhere on the green and even the fairway at times. You probably just need to level up the backspin stats of your clubs.

but to get ranked in the top 20% scores of the online challenge courses you start needing all birdies and an eagle or three (depends on course).

This is my issue with the game. Getting a birdie should be an accomplishment. Right now you have to make one or two big mistakes to not get a birdie. Its like playing a football game where each match ends up 22-17.

I have not played any of the previous games In the series so I can't really complain, should have done a bit more research.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So has anyone figured out the RNG behind the impact yet? Where it sometimes goes way off the gauge left or right? Is that something we can control through leveling up clubs or something? Every time it happens I get really flustered since it often times sends me into the rough or into a nearby bunker.

hort22

So has anyone figured out the RNG behind the impact yet? Where it sometimes goes way off the gauge left or right? Is that something we can control through leveling up clubs or something? Every time it happens I get really flustered since it often times sends me into the rough or into a nearby bunker.

the standard clubs it was way more noticeable compared to when I use the pinhole clubs which should be the case since the pinhole adds like 7 control I think.

would be nice once everything was leveled up to not have it be so random even on PI shots.

neshcom

Banned
How much does the control stat affect the sway? It says on control level up that it keeps it in check, but y'all are probably paying better attention to how well that works.

jacobeid

Banned
I really hate how this game doesn't have full beards. Couldn't make an avatar of myself so I'm now playing as a girl, which I typically do anyway when given the choice. Meh, hope they're added at some point though :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What is up with the IQ in this game?

First of all, it's got a really dark look... crushed blacks I assume? The exact opposite of what the art style is going for.

Then there's the shimmer. My god the shimmer. Everything shimmers... the trees, the water, anything with an edge pretty much. It's awful, i can't believe the devs didn't do anything to fix it. I don't think I've played a game with this much shimmer.

It's a great game, but the quality of visuals is just baffling.

This is on a 1080 screen both in 30 and 60 fps. Does 4k still have shimmer everywhere?

Rflagg

You don't have to get them in a row, it's 3 in total so not too bad lol. I've been trying for the last couple of hours and I've got within a couple of feet of the pin on numerous occasions. It's just down to luck, and how strong your will is to persevere.

It's soul destroying getting within inches of a Condor though. I can see quite a few DS4s getting rage-smashed from this. XD

Ok thanks that is much better. I might try for some after I finish single player, atm only beaten one challenger in rank 5, because it took me too long to figure out how to put it into serious mode.

I sort of hate when a new course opens now as they are all so hard until you learn the little ways it will screw you over if try for the wrong part of the fairway. :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally unlocked golf carts! I love zipping around.

Also, tornado cups are so silly. Chip ins and hole in ones are a joke with those, ha.

Top Bottom