• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Hands On

Dr.Hadji

ant1532 said:
He's not based on Marth... They move differently and have a totally different move set. The only similarities is they are from Fire Emblem and use a sword. (Dont give me physical similarities)

Are you kidding me with this? They're similar style can perfectly be explained by Ike being based off of Marth and they're differences can be perfectly explained by the fact that Ike isn't a Marth clone. So no, they're move set isn't totally different, they're different. Ike's Fair, Uair, Forward Smash, Charge B most closely resemble that of Marth. But at the same time he has moves that Marth doesn't have. Come on, not based on Marth? You have to be kidding me.

Big Icarus said:
Yeah, well thats what I mean. A Metroid stage that isn't the same thing we've had in the past two games, and isn't that frustrating Brinstar Depths stage. Kraid was cool, but that stage kinda sucked.

Maybe we'll finally see a stage from the Prime series, or a stage on the Metroid homeworld?

Yeah, I'm sick of seeing Norfair, every single SSB game has Norfair! (Come on, Brinstar depths is Norfair, you all know it!) I wanna see something from the Prime games!

Watch them do magmore caverns

Twig

Banned
Yeargh I just skimmed the thread.

Anyone have a video or at least a good description of what Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash is? I know it gets her Power Suit back. Is that it?

NeonZ

Ike's Fair, Uair, Forward Smash, Charge B most closely resemble that of Marth.

Ike's charge B hits the opponent with fire created by the sword getting thrust into the ground rather than a direct hit with the sword itself. The animations are completely different, and I'd say it probably doesn't have the guard breaking proprieties of Marth's attack, as that hasn't been mentioned in the updates.

His forward Smash is a two handed vertical slash, basically identical to Link's Smash in the original SSB, and he has a similar attack in the air, which probably is his Foward Air - Marth had one handed attacks in both slots.

Ike also seems to have a small instant rushing slash which might be his Down Smash or forward B, either way, completely different from Marth's. His Down Air actually is almost identical to Link's (only reversed and faster). His Up Air is completely different too, I don't see how you could get any similarity comparing it to Marth's... His Neutral Air is kind of similar to Marth's Down Air.

Considering the Down Air attack and the 2 handed slashes, you might as well say that Ike is based on Link... It's about as true as saying that he's based on Marth.

I reaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllly hope that Sakurai still allows you to play stock based matches in this game. Time matches are awful, wastes of everyone's time.

JoeFu

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
I reaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllly hope that Sakurai still allows you to play stock based matches in this game. Time matches are awful, wastes of everyone's time.

The videos are time because that was the way the demo was set up.

Bleda

TheKingsCrown said:

He has added so many stuff, I dont see why he would get rid of stock based matches. And I only played stock based matches, he cant do that!!!

Jirotrom

TheKingsCrown said:
why do you even question this? You know who is developing this game.

Jirotrom said:
why do you even question this? You know who is developing this game.
Just a passing freak out session of mine, since we haven't seen it. Maybe in all the awesomeness that he decided to put in, he lost a few details? :p

Date of Lies said:
are you mad?

Melee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBayJIFAP4o

Brawl: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lzj1bONjYPY

Maybe it's not that slower, but it's still noticeably slower

Dude... that Melee video features two players using pro-level tactics five years after the release of the game.

That Brawl video, on the other hand, features some journalist who has never touched a Smash game dicking around in a demo... with a sideways wiimote.

If you think that Melee players started out playing that fast you're nuts.

Cowie

TheKingsCrown said:

I've watched so many of these videos by now that i really don't remember what was from where, but one of the interviews clearly stated that stock matches, and various other types of matches would be available come release. I wanna say it was the gamespot interview?

Des0lar said:
Why isn't anyone discussing Peach's Final Smash?

Someone described it in one of their impressions, and its in the second match in the gamepro footage. She puts everyone to sleep (a la jigglypuff's sing), and a bunch of peaches drop on the ground, which she appeared to be eating to regain health, though i wouldn't be surprised if some of them were throwable items.

Vlad

TheKingsCrown said:
Just a passing freak out session of mine, since we haven't seen it. Maybe in all the awesomeness that he decided to put in, he lost a few details? :p

Well, something that's been standard in the first two games is probably going to be assumed to be in the sequel.

As everybody else said, it's timed because of the fact that it's a demo. On a similar note, I'm guessing that the default spawn rate for smash balls is going to be much lower in the final game (but still adjustable). I get the feeling that they made them appear more often so that the press could get a feel for them.

I don't know how many thousands of points I would spend to download this demo. PLEASE NINTENDO, give us a demo, since you had to delay!

Des0lar said:
Why isn't anyone discussing Peach's Final Smash?
Peach's final smash should not be so underpowered. I guess 1 v 1 it works, but multiplayer it might suxxors. I haven't seen it though, just read about it.

CrisKre

There is something i am LOVING about brawl, and it is the the feel of each character seems to really fit each one of them much better this time. Samus and sonic seem spot on in this regard.

Jiggy

Golden Darkness said:
Another Gamevideo's clip, featuring Sudden Death: http://gamevideos.com/video/id/15422

Hitting the screen falling animations confirmed.
Another vocal song confirmed, and it's mind-blowing. :D
Three cheers for vocals. Can't wait for Captain Falcon's GX theme, full vocal Pollyanna, etc.; game would be worth $50 for the soundtrack alone, OST better be released, etc.

radiuhm

Keru_Shiri said:
I don't know how many thousands of points I would spend to download this demo. PLEASE NINTENDO, give us a demo, since you had to delay!

Same here really hope they give us a demo to keep us sane.

Zeed

Banned
Baiano19 said:
For the last time:

Meta Knight IS NOT A VILLAIN! IT NEVER WAS!
Wrong.

Normally you'd be right, but the particular one he was describing actually was a villain.

Darkmetaknight.jpg

impirius

I hope they tone down that Meta Knight tornado attack.

SSBM was well balanced, so I'm not too worried, but still... MK looks like a monster.

RagnarokX said:
Man this game looks awesome beyond expectations. The only negative I can see is the way they transition between tiers of the Fire Emblem castle... I was expecting more like the roof would cave in and they would just fall to the level below, then the floor would cave in and they'd fall to the lava cave.

I agree. The transition looks extremely awkward and out of place. I hope it's not final, cause the rest of the stage is quite stunning visually.

Jirotrom

impirius said:

SSBM was well balanced, so I'm not too worried, but still... MK looks like a monster.
I think you are just a bit wrong on the "balanced part". Honestly Brawl will probably be the first one in the series that is balanced.

Insaniac

impirius said:

Thats why I think there's a 2 month delay. Balance issues. Sakurai knows this as well as we all do that this game must be as balanced as possible for online play

Formless

I'm really sad about the delay. Besides BWii, there doesnt seem to be much for the multiplayer department this season for Wii. Unless I'm missing something.

Insaniac

Formless said:
I'm really sad about the delay. Besides BWii, there doesnt seem to be much for the multiplayer department this season for Wii. Unless I'm missing something.

medal of honor will have 32 player online, if you're into that ww2 fps

Top Bottom