• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Hands On

traveler

Not Wario
What went on in here?

I should have listened to my instincts earlier when I said Smash Bros. fans were crazy and stayed out of this thread. :lol

Dark Ninja said:
sounds exactly like the metroid remix song from Metroid Prime Pinball

I wouldn't know, never played that. Maybe it's one of those tracks Sakurai was alluding to when he said some of the music wouldn't be remixed.

Firestorm

This happens in every Smash thread. It's nothing new. Multiplayer Nintendo games have a very large divide between players due to the very reason that makes them so popular: they can be enjoyed on a variety of levels.

Jirotrom

dfyb said:
some of you are like "both camps should be happy!" because you can turn them on/off, but the problem arises when both camps want to play together.

and i feel like i may be seen as the "anti-item" guy, but that's hardly the case -- i just don't think items have a place in competitive play. whenever i have people over for casual smash, i just ask them what their item preference is. some prefer items on, some prefer items off -- doesn't matter to me because i enjoy the game either way.

but if it's a competition, it makes sense to make it as fair as possible so that the results are as accurate as possible. if the results are inconclusive, there's no point in competing in the first place.
why don't you fuckers listen to this man... he's stated this a number of times and you are still fighting.

Zeed

Banned
Jirotrom said:
why don't you fuckers listen to this man... he's stated this a number of times and you are still fighting.
The fighting ended several hours ago, shut up about it before you get them started again.

Zeed

Banned
Jirotrom said:
seems to me with your speedy reply you've been waiting to start it all over again.
Not only does this post not make any sense whatsoever, it's also retarded.

You clearly came in here to troll. Savor this reply, it's the last one you're going to get.

MrCheez said:
Please, someone who was at E4All Post some awesome new impressions and save us all

Waiting for my article to get approved...fuck it. Here are my thoughts.

*Removed by Poster*

Ack, I don't want to get in trouble. I'll repost it later.

Zeed

Banned
Awesome impressions, I'm going to sit here and read the whole thing. Ike sounds like a definite badass - Warp Powder as an intro is interesting, I never thought of that.

Zeed

Banned
Mockingbird said:
One of the Nintendo booth reps said you can start as the match as Zero Suit Samus if you hold the attack button at the start of battle. I tried it but was unable to get it to work.
This is big news, if true.

Jirotrom

Zeed said:
Not only does this post not make any sense whatsoever, it's also retarded.

You clearly came in here to troll. Savor this reply, it's the last one you're going to get.
omg, I didn't come in here to troll :lol :lol :lol you have issues man. I came in to read the thread... and to reiterate that dfyb is constantly correct on the subject.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
Yeah, the music I want above all else (save some Sonic stuff) is Lower Norfair / Magmoor Caverns remix.
Personally I'm excited about the new Lyrical Fire Emblem Theme. They really made it epic and operatic in a way that the actual Fire Emblem games never managed to. I'm also holding out hope for a new rendition of Together We Ride, and perhaps even Life Returns.

mugwhump

RagnarokX said:
Is a player not entitled to the items of his Smash Bros? “No!” says the player on smashboards, “they are too rape.” “No!” says the player in the tournament, “they are too random.” “No!” says the player on neoGAF, “I blame Wii Fit.” I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Brawl.
:lol

Zeed said:
Personally I'm excited about the new Lyrical Fire Emblem Theme. They really made it epic and operatic in a way that the actual Fire Emblem games never managed to. I'm also holding out hope for a new rendition of Together We Ride, and perhaps even Life Returns.
It was in Donkey Konga 3, as well.

Assuming this is the same one.

Zeed

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Here's a youtube of the song, Zeed. This isn't the Donkey Konga version, which felt about four minutes or so longer.

Edit: It is apparently not a new thing.
Yeah I found that with google. Comparing it to the track in SSBB, I believe that the SSBB version is actually an arrangement of the commercial version. The lyrics are the same but the singers are clearly different, as are, I believe, the instruments. In my opinion the SSBB version is going to be definitive.

Leezard

Zeed said:
Yeah I found that with google. Comparing it to the track in SSBB, I believe that the SSBB version is actually an arrangement of the commercial version. The lyrics are the same but the singers are clearly different, as are, I believe, the instruments. In my opinion the SSBB version is going to be definitive.

So they're singing the actual lyrics "Faira emublemu" (or whatever it is in romaji) in SSBB? Awesome.

Dr.Hadji

Rotanibor Eht said:
I can't believe they're seriously trying to stick their own names to names for moves.

Why not? Its just a fun way of leaving your mark. There is no official jargon or anything. If it catches on, it catches on.

Rotanibor

Dr.Hadji said:
Why not? Its just a fun way of leaving your mark. There is no official jargon or anything. If it catches on, it catches on.

I wouldn't care if they left their mark by naming it something that ligitimately described the the move, but trying to name it after yourself is pure egotistical bullshit.

Zeed

Banned
Rotanibor Eht said:
trying to name it after yourself is pure egotistical bullshit.
Yeah, since when has anyone ever tried to do something like that?

:rolleyes

He can try naming it whatever he wants, and if people want to call it that let them go ahead and call it that.

Firestorm

Most of them are just temporary names. Ink Dropping makes kind of sense. Money Slide will forever be called Wavelanding anyway. Hugging makes absolute sense and even sounds kind of like hogging.

Not like they're calling it 'Dave's stupid rule'

Rotanibor Eht said:
I wouldn't care if they left their mark by naming it something that ligitimately described the the move, but trying to name it after yourself is pure egotistical bullshit.

Reminds me of Soul Calibur 2, Kilik had something people called the Doom Kick, discovered by a guy named M.F. DOOM.
The thing did deserve that name though. :lol

Somnid

Rotanibor Eht said:

I hate when people do this too. Anyone whose ever picked up a college textbook will know that some people use coining words as a way to appease their ego or make themselves seem important. Really I don't think much of this is even worth naming anyway (and how much do we know won't be changed?), but since these guys are the first to play it they are desperately trying to leave a mark before anyone else. The best names and discoveries are always accidental, there's no need to force it.

Rotanibor Eht said:
I can't believe they're seriously trying to stick their own names to names for moves.

Come on now. Don't you guys know about all the common smash terms you've been using for so many years now? "Wavedashing" was named after its mastery by one WaVeyD23 a few weeks after the game came out. "L-canceling" comes after DanieLCanCan, the former Ice Climbers Indiana state champ. "Teching" was coined after pwntechrZ found it out accidentally because his Tourette's and OCD caused him to frequently tap the L button when hitting walls or floors. I could go on and on. This is common fare, people.

Haunted

RagnarokX said:
Is a player not entitled to the items of his Smash Bros? “No!” says the player on smashboards, “they are too rape.” “No!” says the player in the tournament, “they are too random.” “No!” says the player on neoGAF, “I blame Wii Fit.” I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Brawl.
Fantastic post.

Firestorm

Syth_Blade22 said:
o_O

these people scare me, i dont even know any of the basic techniques, let alone the advanced ones. why cant we all just have fun and throw pokeballs :(

Because eventually some of us get bored of throwing pokeballs =P It's also much more random and funny to throw pokeballs after not using them for a few years! Especially when you have a crazy match with only pokeballs on very high, and two of you are left at super high percentage, and Dr. Mario capes your Pokeball.

I didn't know you could cape those things ;_; A friggin' Porygon Z came out and KOed me.

Top Bottom