• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

Exactly. Add Splatoon in as well and it's a packed show. People expecting lots of new stuff are setting themselves up for massive disappointment.

yeah

nintendo has lots of games to show off

and they have plenty of time throughout the year to announce new games

it's only january 13th, people

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
14:00 UK time, so glad I work in an office where I can watch Nintendo Direct without fear of reprimand.

same here, bro fist!

brofistcover.jpg

CHusson91

Banned
My prediction for the US:
New 3DS announcement and release date
Majora's Mask 3D info and release date
Monster Hunter 4 info and release date
Splatoon info and release date
Codename P.O.O.P. info and release date
Yoshi info and release date
Xenoblade info
Mewtwo info
N64 Virtual Console release info
Metroid 3DS announcement

I'm not really expecting new announcements, mostly promotion for the New 3DS but consider me interested.

I mean they have enough stuff lined up to fill the time so yeah I am not expecting many new things to be shown

Definitely gonna see Majoras Mask, MH4U, Xenoblade, Project Steam etc..

I am hoping for Bravely Second, FF Explorers and a long shot of Dragon Quest

Doczu

14:00 UK time, so glad I work in an office where I can watch Nintendo Direct without fear of reprimand.

Sadly, i an't :(

GAF what to do? Go on a total media blackout (GAF included) and patiently wait untill i'm home (about 2h15m) and watch the glorious event, or get deflowered sitting here on gaf and read all those post about how this game looks glorious and that game got announced? :(

wrowa

GAF what to do? Go on a total media blackout (GAF included) and patiently wait untill i'm home (about 2h15m) and watch the glorious event, or get deflowered sitting here on gaf and read all those post about how this game looks glorious and that game got announced? :(

But what if they announce a super special limited edition Majora's Mask New 3DS that will be sold out 30 minutes after the show and that you are going to miss due to your blackout? Will you be able live with that loss? Will you ever able to sleep at night again?

Platy

So instant release of New 3DS, F-Zero GX on gamecube Virtual console and new info for MK8, Smash and Captain Toad DLC ?

Fatal Frame Wii U localization, Yokai Watch localization and new amiibo wave with Ganondorf, Pacman and Duck Hunt ?

FExSMT trailer ?

"Fuck this shit, Link is now a girl " ?

Ok !

I just wrote a piece yesterday about what to expect from the first Direct of the year and I wake to find that it's happening tomorrow.

THE HYPE IS REAL.

I really hope we get some cool surprises. Fingers crossed for a new Metroid and a release date for Mario Maker.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So for no reason I wake up pretty early, then I look on GAF and see that a Nintendo direct starts in an hour.

Clearly, my body is ready.

Doczu

But what if they announce a super special limited edition Majora's Mask New 3DS that will be sold out 30 minutes after the show and that you are going to miss due to your blackout? Will you be able live with that loss? Will you ever able to sleep at night again?

I would have to, as there is no way in hell i would even order it at work. Besides, i'm still happy with my OG launch aqua blue, not enough funds to buy another console (yeah, selling my kidney isn't an option GAF).

gerudoman

I'm in the same situation and I know for sure I'll wait, although it's going to be hard. I've previously done what you suggest and I can tell you is way more frustrating and definitely not the same as experiencing it first hand.

I mean they have enough stuff lined up to fill the time so yeah I am not expecting many new things to be shown

Definitely gonna see Majoras Mask, MH4U, Xenoblade, Project Steam etc..

I am hoping for Bravely Second, FF Explorers and a long shot of Dragon Quest

That would be nice, but I think it would also be wishful thinking for this particular presentation. I think they are already jam-packed with things to talk about given the time-frame that they usually have.

I'm expecting them to announce/remind people about the New 3DS, talk a bit about Monster Hunter and other upcoming 3DS releases (like Monster Hunter, tLoZ: MM and the Xenoblade port), show off a bit of Wii U's Xenoblade, perhaps give a closer estimate of when they plan to release it and that's a wrap. Anything more than that would be nice, but unlikely I'd say.

My prediciton:

F-Zero WiiU announcement
Star Fox WiiU gameplay
Metroid U announcement
Eternal Darkness U announcement
Wave Race U announcement (release next month)
Beach Spikers U exclusive
Mario Sunshine HD remake
Fatal Frame EU release
Zelda release date
Elite Beat Agents U announcement

kubus

Aside from the obvious predictions (MH4/MM3D/New 3DS release date, amiibo wave 4, Captain Toad/Yoshi amiibo support etc), I'm gonna throw one other thing into the mix that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Collectible Badge Catcher.

I think this has been available in Japan for about a month or so, and I'm surprised it still hasn't shown up in NA/EU. I don't even think a lot of gaffers are aware of its existence..?

HHMPAqz.jpg

This application is like crack. Pure Nintendo crack. It's a UFO catcher game where the prizes are collectible "badges" that function as decorative stickers on your HOME screen. There are all kinds of different sets available, from Animal Crossing to classic Mario, to Zelda ALBW, even Mario Kart. They also come with matching themes. (Unfortunately it costs money to play, but you get a chance of getting free plays every day)

Here's some examples of what you can do with them (yes there are even functional badges for the Settings, Streetpass Plaza, Activity Log, etc. icons)

VI6aKMX.jpg

I think they'll announce this in the Direct. Could even be a "It will be available to download right after the Direct ends" thing like they usually do.

Spring is everything between now and E3, in Nintendo terms.

So, we could potentially be getting Xenoblade X in that six month window. If so, even if there's no release date in tomorrow's Direct; Xenoblade, Splatoon, and Yoshi's Woolly World are all safe bets for new trailers and likely some solid release timing.

My prediciton:

F-Zero WiiU announcement
Star Fox WiiU gameplay
Metroid U announcement
Eternal Darkness U announcement
Wave Race U announcement (release next month)
Beach Spikers U exclusive
Mario Sunshine HD remake
Fatal Frame EU release
Zelda release date
Elite Beat Agents U announcement

Wow, you're in for a world of hurt.

That would be nice, but I think it would also be wishful thinking for this particular presentation. I think they are already jam-packed with things to talk about given the time-frame that they usually have.

I'm expecting them to announce/remind people about the New 3DS, talk a bit about Monster Hunter and other upcoming 3DS releases (like Monster Hunter, tLoZ: MM and the Xenoblade port), show off a bit of Wii U's Xenoblade, perhaps give a closer estimate of when they plan to release it and that's a wrap. Anything more than that would be nice, but unlikely I'd say.

I agree

They are typically pretty conservative with directs that aren't tied to trade shows

Aside from the obvious predictions (MH4/MM3D/New 3DS release date, amiibo wave 4, Captain Toad/Yoshi amiibo support etc), I'm gonna throw one other thing into the mix that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Collectible Badge Catcher.

I think this has been available in Japan for about a month or so, and I'm surprised it still hasn't shown up in NA/EU. I don't even think a lot of gaffers are aware of its existence..?

HHMPAqz.jpg

This application is like crack. Pure Nintendo crack. It's a UFO catcher game where the prizes are collectible "badges" that function as decorative stickers on your HOME screen. There are all kinds of different sets available, from Animal Crossing to classic Mario, to Zelda ALBW, even Mario Kart. They also come with matching themes. (Unfortunately it costs money to play, but you get a chance of getting free plays every day)

Here's some examples of what you can do with them (yes there are even functional badges for the Settings, Streetpass Plaza, Activity Log, etc. icons)

VI6aKMX.jpg

I think they'll announce this in the Direct. Could even be a "It will be available to download right after the Direct ends" thing like they usually do.

Seriously, ya'll Western 3DS people are missing out.

Top Bottom