• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
MAY-DAY! MAY-DAY!

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

bannermay.gif

Banner courtesy of Trip Warhawkins!

MAY IS HERE! Wow 5 months into 2009 already?! Time is FLYING! E3 is right around the corner! Are you ready for all the gaming goodness that will be revealed and shape up the rest of 2009?! I just celebrated my birthday and I'm ready to go gameeeeeeeee!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

---

Here are my favorite pickups from APRIL!

3470314498_c885690b33.jpg

3415916189_fd539a0ea1.jpg

3441114792_cea5b55dd8.jpg

3473019868_04ed08446d.jpg

!

Bunch of Random Stuff:

3489990599_13229ccab7_b.jpg

G5 Mouse and Sidewinder X8; G15, G11, and Razer Lycosa Keyboards.

3490804834_967068a2b3_b.jpg

Kama Wireless and Intec Wireless Nunchuks, Perfect Shot, and Logitech Racing Wheel in Back.

3490805602_cdd331c2cc_b.jpg

Resident Evil Shot Blaster.

3489991451_e2a179a989_b.jpg

Littlest Pet Shop Starter Kit, and Donkey Kong Stylus.

3489990311_a67db0d533_b.jpg

The Uninvited, and My Weight Loss Coach on Clearance for $7.48.

Also quoting my post from the April thread since it was the last day of April. =P

grap3fruitman said:
I'm going to shoot you guys complaining of getting over-sized packaging from Amazon. Now I'm getting damaged DVDs/Blu-rays/games. >=(

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

Oh! And I got my eyebrows waxed, hair cut and for the first time ever I got highlights! =P
IMG_3001.jpg

Yes Boss!

Yay! May is here and it is gonna be a biggie! Lots of Wii games for the Month. Death Smiles Hori stick should be my first May pick-up.

Nothing for PS3 or 360, sadly :-(

Posted these in the April thread (because it's still April in California).

Large Neopolitan shake from In-N-Out:
IMG_0812.jpg

Manga:
IMG_0817.jpg

Also ordered my ticket for the Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert in July in San Francisco.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Ignoring the eyebrow thing for a second, am I the only one who has so far failed to see any sort of damage to the American Dad DVD? What gives?

JEKKI

dang... I was about to post these in the last thread to finish off the month like Liu Kang.

but whatever... new thread... I went to the Bape store today!!!

34oydt4.jpg

295p92u.jpg

5xil90.jpg

2s9as6p.jpg

I was a day late so I didnt get the one I wanted in my size :(

but this was the last medium in this particular design so I'm still lucky :D

806833-ballin.gif

Speevy

Banned
Didn't technically get any of these in May, but two of them arrived today (4/30) and the other one was purchased within the last 2 weeks.

3490900386_4a9a1a9d16.jpg

Zyzyxxz

bouight some case fans from Fry's, ignore sticker price it was on sale for $8.99, its a pack of 4 too so it was an awesome deal since I actually need 4 of them in my case.

Very quiet, for the price you can't beat this!

Also got a Nikon D40 on the way, kinda lame I gotta use my shitty camera to take pics of my good one.

3489573282_00c8ed8830_b.jpg

Been an eternity since I've posted. Finally picked up my own camera after giving my old one to my ex. Probably would take up a page if I included all of the things I've gotten since I last posted in a pickup thread so I'll just include the most recent.

Some graphic novels I have picked up, read them all except for the Dark Tower ones because I am currently reading full books.

Picture001.jpg

Decent read. I've always been a fan of Jim Lee so I'm a bit biased though.
Picture002.jpg

One of the best graphic novels I've ever read, going to try to get the entire series next paycheck.
Picture003.jpg

My new PC. Wouldn't call it a 'gaming pc' yet because I haven't yet decided on a graphics card.

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture067-1.jpg

I'll post a few other pics later, didn't want to have too many in one post.

Malfunky

MWS Natural said:

Been looking at glass top desks. Care to share what kind that is? Also, love the PC case. Aside from the window and glow, it appeals to my retarded minimalist tastes.

Malfunky said:
Been looking at glass top desks. Care to share what kind that is? Also, love the PC case. Aside from the window and glow, it appeals to my retarded minimalist tastes.

Oh man this desk is so old I can't honestly even remember. I think it was just a random glass office desk from Staples. You can buy the case w/o the window and can always get a front fan w/o LED lights. Since this is my first gaming PC I figured I would go a little flashy with it.

schild

That desk was sold at:

Office Max
Best Buy
Staples
Circuit City
etc.

between 2000 and 2004.

I have not seen it since. I'm sure there are models like it, but good luck. We used to sell the shit out of them at Best Buy (one of the few desks we stocked).

Malfunky

MWS Natural said:
Oh man this desk is so old I can't honestly even remember. I think it was just a random glass office desk from Staples. You can buy the case w/o the window and can always get a front fan w/o LED lights. Since this is my first gaming PC I figured I would go a little flashy with it.

Eh, looks new. But I guess the first gaming PC bit explains that. :lol I've seen some pretty nasty PC desks (mine).

I wasn't doggin the rest of the case, by the way. The lights don't look bad. In fact, it looks cool against the monitor. Just don't care for them myself.

schild said:
That desk was sold at:

Office Max
Best Buy
Staples
Circuit City
etc.

between 2000 and 2004.

I have not seen it since. I'm sure there are models like it, but good luck. We used to sell the shit out of them at Best Buy (one of the few desks we stocked).

Oh, thanks. Strange they would stop making them if they sold so well.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
MHG.jpg

This will be my only May pickup. If I get it working, I may never need another game again.

For the time being, it was the perfect excuse to finally get a classic controller!

schild

Malfunky said:
Oh, thanks. Strange they would stop making them if they sold so well.

It was the best desk I ever owned until I needed something with more depth. And in comes the Ikea, ahem... Jerker. Possibly the REAL best desk ever owned. It has.... a lot of surface space. And a name that's only slightly unfortunate.

Bad lightning equals bluriness :/

Linksys WRT54GL
200bpdl.jpg

Hori Hard Pouch DS Lite
Stafi (used)
Kururin Squash
11sh15k.jpg

G&W Collection
Legend Of Kage 2
23wpc1c.jpg

Zelda Master Quest (used)
Power Rangers Club Nintendo game
Kinopio figurine
mn2be0.jpg

Billy Cobham Band ticket
5ptp4.jpg

nny

Zyzyxxz said:
bouight some case fans from Fry's, ignore sticker price it was on sale for $8.99, its a pack of 4 too so it was an awesome deal since I actually need 4 of them in my case.

Very quiet, for the price you can't beat this!

Also got a Nikon D40 on the way, kinda lame I gotta use my shitty camera to take pics of my good one.

3489573282_00c8ed8830_b.jpg

Dude...go return it while you still can, when buying a fan you're looking for a COOL saving, not a hot one.

Cronen

Don't have a picture for this I'm afraid, but I managed to order two tickets to see Green Day in London on the 24th October! :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Man... looking at that Ghostbusters shirt again, I'm gonna have to go to the LA Bape store this weekend (On Sunday), can't go on fight day... GO PACMAN!

JEKKI

lol good luck! They were released on 29th and I didnt know until yesterday.

I was like oh shyt and impulsively went rite after work!!

btw... I tried to call the store a couple times too... all u get is busy tones -_-

-EDIT-

btw... the black versions of the shirts, including the Ecto-1 designs, are dropping in NY and LA on June 1st if u cant get the white ones!!

-EDIT 2-

actually... I'm not sure of the date ^_^;;

http://hypebeast.com/2009/04/ghostbusters-x-bape-t-shirt-collection/

Yes Boss!

HUELEN10 said:
Are we allowed to post what we got in april? Like my first time doing this.

Go for it! Usually the first page or two is partially a recap, with MarkMan posting his best pick-ups from the last month. We can never see enough merchandise!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
JEKKI said:
lol good luck! They were released on 29th and I didnt know until yesterday.

I was like oh shyt and impulsively went rite after work!!

btw... I tried to call the store a couple times too... all u get is busy tones -_-

-EDIT-

btw... the black versions of the shirts, including the Ecto-1 designs, are dropping in NY and LA on June 1st if u cant get the white ones!!

-EDIT 2-

actually... I'm not sure of the date ^_^;;

http://hypebeast.com/2009/04/ghostbusters-x-bape-t-shirt-collection/

I want the black ones!

LEZ GO JUNE!

I wonder if they're easier to get in Japan? Hrm..

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
3492485710_a620532895_o.jpg

Direct Sound Extreme Isolation 25dB
bought this for my jetEngine 360 , hope it make the annoying DVD drive noise go away
:(

Minotauro said:
Ignoring the eyebrow thing for a second, am I the only one who has so far failed to see any sort of damage to the American Dad DVD? What gives?
It's inside the case, which I'm too lazy to take a pic of. It's one of those flappy holders on the inside that holds two discs and the thing has been dropped several times it seems so that that broke and the discs then fell off while they were still in transit. =\

Rapping Granny said:
holy shit, your eyebrows...WTF?
What's wrong with eyebrows?

Totobeni said:
3492485710_a620532895_o.jpg

Direct Sound Extreme Isolation 25dB
bought this for my jetEngine 360 , hope it make the annoying DVD drive noise go away
:(

You must have a 20gb? The only time my DVD drives spins is when I'm ripping games to the HDD, 120GB Elite ftw.

Machine

Black Lantern t-shirt, Mountain Dew Throwback, and Grado SR60 headphones:
5-1-09pickups001.jpg

GH: WT and GH III from TRU sale last week:
5-1-09pickups003.jpg

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
MWS Natural said:
Been an eternity since I've posted. Finally picked up my own camera after giving my old one to my ex. Probably would take up a page if I included all of the things I've gotten since I last posted in a pickup thread so I'll just include the most recent.

Some graphic novels I have picked up, read them all except for the Dark Tower ones because I am currently reading full books.

Nice. The Dark Tower books are my favorite books...except the last one. I didn't realize they did graphic novels. I'm normally not into that sort of thing, but I think I might have to get that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom