• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

nin1000

Banned
br9m1.jpg

Dusk of the First Day

Seated on a cosmic couch with an endless supply of popcorn, the three goddesses watch the drama unfold on Lyrule. Well, drama might be a stretch.

”When are they going to start killing each other?" asks Din impatiently.

”Mortals are wired to survive. They won't defend themselves unless someone acts first," explains Nayru.

”Yeah and it's just the beginning, which means no weapons," adds Farore.

Din stands up. ”Let's change that. How about a treasure chest? Item box? Smash ball?"

”Loot box?" suggests Farore.

Nayru shakes her head. ”No third-party items, remember?" Din quickly hides her Steam controller into her bowl of popcorn. ”I am all-seeing, you know."

Din blushes. ”Force of habit."

”Look, something's happening!" Farore calls out. Nayru and Din turn their attention to Lyrule.

”Turn it up, I can't hear," whispers Nayru.

Din pulls out her butter-covered [REDACTED] controller and presses a few buttons.

”Stop the Payload" a voice rang out. Farore and Nayru sigh.

”Whoops," says Din, abashed. She presses a few more buttons and the sounds of Lyrule can be heard.

”Lock him up, lock him up," goes the citizens' chant. They surround acohrs, tie him up with a few feet of rope, and then put him in a very large makeshift jail.

Din's face falls. ”So they're just going to put acohrs on trial with falsified charges, commit gross miscarriages of justice, and then sentence him for life with no parole or chance of appeal? Might be better to just kill him outright."

Farore shoots Din a look. ”And I thought I was the cynical one."

Nayru points. ”No, it's much worse than that. They didn't leave him any food or water. He's going to starve to death."

Din makes a face. ”Eww. I'm going back to my [REDACTED] game."

acohrs has died!

Arise.

The goddesses have chosen you. Vanquish those who would stand in your way. Fulfill your destiny.

You are Pig Ganon, a Mafia 3-shot Ninja. How does a giant beast have the agility and size to remain undetected? Well it did manage to spend all that time as a guy with red hair and no one noticed.

As the mafia team, you share a faction kill that you may perform once per night with the command KILL: Player. As the ninja, you may perform the mafia faction kill instead with the modifier Ninja: Player. This will make the kill go undetected. You can use this modifier up to three times.

You are aligned with mafia and win when the mafia team has a majority (50%+1) of the votes at the start of the Day Phase.

Your fellow mafia members are around. You share a mafia chat somewhere.

The game thread is right here.

NIGHT 1 BEGINS

Night 1 ends at:
bla_1484175600.png

Final vote count for Day 1:

natiko (0)
sorian 244 (264)

splinter (0)
melonrabbit 245 (756)

sorian (0)
ty4on 246 (547)
sophia 323 (477)
acohrs 669 (889)
acohrs 1018 (1091)

melonrabbit (0)
bronx-man 251 (491)
cabot 765 (811)
czartim 774 (903)
kyanrute 931 (1089)

sophia (2)
pop-o-matic 253
czartim 364 (585)
ty4on 827 (1098)
czartim 903 (1083)
ccs 991

bronx-man (0)
sorian 264 (453)

cabot (0)
ccs 268 (377)
kawl_usc 471 (751)
*splinter 545 (1069)

magnumboy20xx (0)
acohrs 277 (388)
czartim 585 (591)

acohrs (8)
natiko 362 (427)
sorian 456 (516)
natiko 590 (1099)
franconp 770
acohrs 889 (997)
cabot 979 (1103)
sorian 1048
*splinter 1069
nin1000 1081
czartim 1083
kyanrute 1089
ty4on 1098
sophia 1101

kawl_usc (0)
cabot 370 (612)
sophia 477 (693)
sorian 516 (583)
kawl_usc 751 (865)

absolutbro (1)
ccs 377 (658)
cabot 612 (765)
magnumboy20xx 664

kawl (0)
acohrs 409 (499)

acorhs (0)
sorian 453 (456)

pop-o-matic (0)
stanleypalmtree 563 (829)
cabot 811 (916)

stanleypalmtree (0)
ty4on 564 (827)

ty4on (0)
sorian 583 (1048)
czartim 591 (633)
ccs 658 (801)
ccs 830 (873)

ccs (6)
melonrabbit 756
stanleypalmtree 829
kawl_usc 865
ccs 873 (991)
bronx-man 987
sophia 1007 (1101)
ynnek7 1062
acohrs 1091
absolutbro 1092 (1106)

nin1000 (0)
cabot 916 (979)

Sawneeks

Banned
REMINDER: Night Actions will be locked in 13 hours

If you did not get a confirmation from me that means I have not received your Night Action.

Sawneeks

Banned
Dawn of the Second Day

Night falls on Lyrule. With its citizens sleeping, the goddesses turn their attention elsewhere. Nayru hops on a treadmill to work off those popcorn calories (”They're imaginary!" ”You're imaginary"), and Din continues to ignore the Switch in favour of [REDACTED]. Farore started going over the day's prayers and tributes.

”I swear, if I see another ”how do I ask this girl out" prayer again..."

”Well, you are the Goddess of Courage..."

Back on Lyrule, in a not-so-hidden area, Sorian the Great Fairy languishes, waiting for someone to use a very specific item to enter her domain.

Bored, she summons avatars of her fellow Great Fairies so they could commiserate on a group chat.

”Anyone free yet?"

”Nope, still stuck underwater with these small Fairies. I think they're judging me."

”How can you tell? They don't talk."

”When you've been cooped up here as long as I have, you start hearing voices."

”That's just us."

Suddenly, an explosion can be heard in the distance.

”What was that?"

”Not me."

”Can't be me. My fountain's at the last level. Sigh."

Sorian perks up. ”Finally, my time to shine. How's my laugh?" Clearing her throat, she launches into her signature laugh.

”Perfect, if you're slowly going mad stuck in an enclosed space."

Glaring, the Great Fairy closes the chat and prepares himself. Any minute now, the hero will summon her to fulfill their dreams...

Throwing protocol into the wind, Sorian bursts out of the fountain. The sight that greets her is so surprising, her laugh gets caught in her throat.

Franconp the wolf is perched at the fountain's edge, lapping at the water.

”What? How? Don't drink that!" the Great Fairy blusters.

The wolf looks up, sees the Great Fairy, and starts howling.

”Stop that," she admonishes. ”How did you get in?"

Franconp starts barking.

Surprised she can understand the beast, Sorian nods. ”A bomb conveniently found nearby. Yes, I suppose that would work. You don't need opposable thumbs to use all items, after all."

The wolf barks excitedly.

”More bombs outside? Why would there be so many-"

A series of massive explosions can be heard outside. The cavern starts shaking and rocks start falling from the ceiling. Before Sorian or Franconp can react, they're buried in an avalanche of stone.

Sorian has died!

Hey, listen!

The goddesses have chosen you. Evil is here, and it must be vanquished. Fulfill your destiny.

You are the Oddly Attractive Great Fairy, a Doctor. Let's just say your 3D representation made some young children (and horrified parents) wonder how Ocarina of Time got a ”Kids to Adults" rating. Eat your heart out, Lara Croft.

Once per night you may protect another player from death with the command BLESS: Player. You cannot self-protect.

You are aligned with town and win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The game thread is here. You're reading it right now.

Franconp has died!

Hey, listen!

The goddesses have chosen you. Evil is here, and it must be vanquished. Fulfill your destiny.

You are Wolf Link, an Ordinary Non-Speaking Character (this means Vanilla Townie). Yes you will eventually be the legendary hero, but first, collect some Tears of Light while being ridden by an Imp.

Like the beginning of a particular franchise, you have nothing at your disposal. Not even a jump button. The only thing you can do is VOTE.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The game thread is obvious.

Day 2 begins

Day 2 Ends in:
gre_1484434800.png

Vote Count can be found HERE

CCS

Banned
Fear the smol spider. There is no greater evil.

Okay guys first up, mea maxima culpa.

I can't judge acohrs at all apparently. That makes two games I've played with him, both times I've read him as town, both times he's been scum. My apologies for that and for my unconventional play towards the end of yesterday.

On the plus side, great result at the end of it on day one! Unfortunately, we've lost our bloody doctor. Every silver lining has a cloud and all that.

Also, while I'm here, advance warning that I won't be able to post during the last 24 hours of this day phase, so any questions for me and my decision will have to come before then.

Beyond that, kind of short of ideas right now.

(And yes, I did pre-type most of that) :p

Natiko

Banned
RIP Sorian and Fran. Any ideas on why we have two deaths? Are there any scum roles that could have resulted in Sorian dying just by choosing them to protect?

cabot

Hmm interesting targets, strongman perhaps? Killing two of the more active players on n1 is bold.

I didn't suspect Sorian as a PR

cabot

I voted scum

I guess

Anyhow, them unvotes... why?

I'll begin with explaining the chain of events at Day 1 end from my perspective.

• Following through the thread as it happens up until 11pm (deadline)
  • Due to mostly badminton based circumstances, I was unable to do this on desktop, so was using my tablet.
  • Natiko unvotes at 10.59pm, I wait about 5-10 seconds refreshing, no other votes.
  • I want acohrs dead, but if a choice between no lynch and CCS comes up, I'll choose lynch every time.
  • I unvote and submit the post, assuming it goes from 8-8 to 8-7 CCS
  • The post appears on the new page with Sophia tiebreaker and some other shenanigans.
  • Not enough time remains for me to re-post with a vote.
  • I very intensely check the vote tool to see the final results and breathe relief as acohrs is still dead.

So, basically, mobile GAF almost gave me a heart attack. I didn't notice the new thread page and Sophia's tiebreaker vote.

I almost caused a tie myself in the chaos.

Merry Christmas.

VOTE: Natiko

what the hell is your reason, then?

CCS

Banned
RIP Sorian and Fran. Any ideas on why we have two deaths? Are there any scum roles that could have resulted in Sorian dying just by choosing them to protect?

I mean, we're a 6-7 on the Crab scale right! Could certainly have something weird like that.

cabot

I think melon could still be scum, her read of acohrs in her list was about a typical scum on poorly performing scum team mate read I can think of, she was also absent during day end, and planted a vote on CCS.

CzarTim

I think melon could still be scum, her read of acohrs in her list was about a typical scum on poorly performing scum team mate read I can think of, she was also absent during day end, and planted a vote on CCS.
A real early vote and coasted on it as well.

Natiko

Banned
If you really need to ask you didn't look at the votes closely. When I went to unvote it was a tie. I wasn't going to let that happen - hence my comment being "no". I knew there was only a minute left and it was the only play I had. Ty voted at essentially the same exact time which had I known about I would not have unvoted. Go look at the time stamps. I was on acohrs before anyone else, I argued for him to be lynched multiple times.

cabot

If you really need to ask you didn't look at the votes closely. When I went to unvote it was a tie. I wasn't going to let that happen - hence my comment being "no". I knew there was only a minute left and it was the only play I had. Ty voted at essentially the same exact time which had I known about I would not have unvoted. Go look at the time stamps. I was on acohrs before anyone else, I argued for him to be lynched multiple times.

Considering you dont see seconds in the post times, i dont know how closely you expected me to look?

cabot

If acohrs is town: "see I told you guys focusing on those two was ducking stupid, let's move on to something else"

If acohrs is scum: "no way they were w/w CCS is in the clear"

I don't think acohrs gets the same benefit of a CCS flip either way and think both are possible scum/harmful town

Yeah...what?

You think a wolf/wolf dual wagon is possible?

Ty4on

Why did you get cold feet when you had argued so long for his lynch?

Sophia

Acohrs flipping scum made me wonder if they were going to shoot the high activity posters or not. Unfortunately, two kills muddles the results.

Kawl_USC

Well the keeps us from doing the usual and lynching the doctor at least.

Rip you two.

Vote: CCS

For now at the very least.

Need to look at the day end shenanigans and see what can be gleaned there. (As long as it wasn't w/w like mini 1)

CCS

Banned
Well if Day 1 taught us anything, it's that we can trust your reads.

True but brutal :p

Well the keeps us from doing the usual and lynching the doctor at least.

Rip you two.

Vote: CCS

For now at the very least.

Need to look at the day end shenanigans and see what can be gleaned there. (As long as it wasn't w/w like mini 1)

Man, you're really set on lynching me, aren't you babe? :p

cabot

So claiming vanilla straight off the bat, the rugby thing then acohrs self voting to save a self voting ccs?

Just two scums flailing like a couple of wet cocks on Day 1...

?????

Top Bottom