• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

You are nothing

k75zQ2n.gif

Who are any of us, really? What are we? What do we do in this crazy world?

omg you gotta stop posting at exactly the same time I post, Bronx

Or at least predict my post content better

When I post a one-liner, you post a GIF, and vice versa

Like what just happened above, that's good, let's keep doing that; I mean, I'm just telling you now to do that for the record, in advance of the situation when we don't do that

hi yall

i wasnt able to fully catch up before getting to work, (i blame the septic tanks worth of shitposting, jesus christ people), so this is me posting having only read up to post 753 ( fun fact, i cant seem to do a hashtag on this keyboard).
work is hectic af right now, so it will be a bit till i can fully catch up and get back into things.

while i cant agree with all of frans arguments, i agree with his going against faddy. faddys defend of his own actions has been pretty terrible, and his attempts to turn things around against fran arnt much better. probably my biggest scum lean right now.

the constant buddy buddy-ness between acorn and CCS is infuriating, and is giving me scum vibes from the pair of them (not to say both are scum, but i cant pick one from the other rn). i like a bit of comradeship between player, it keeps things fun, but protracted conversations in that vien make it extremely difficult to read them properly, and thats something that could easily be taken advantage of.

........shit, i had something else but i cant remember it, and my deadline is today, so imma close it off there.

later peeps.

Kawl_USC

Any one else noticing something sticking out in blargs posts beyond the normal insane ramblings?

Remembering that this is a Gafia game. Don't know if it's too lucid for him but would fit with his love of slipping in meaning amongst the shit he throws at the wall.

Kalor

Any one else noticing something sticking out in blargs posts beyond the normal insane ramblings?

Remembering that this is a Gafia game. Don't know if it's too lucid for him but would fit with his love of slipping in meaning amongst the shit he throws at the wall.

I see something but it might be different from what you're noticing.

Kalor

Okay well I don't want to say what I'm seeing and poison the well in getting further untainted opinions. How does what you see make you feel about blarg?

Right now it doesn't change my opinion on him. Nothing about them has been setting off alarm bells so far and this doesn't change that. Like you I don't want to allude to it too much so I know this is vague.

squidyj

Okay there are some scum teams I really don't like and crab is on a lot of them and considreing his mode of play this game I'm inclined to abandon a few of the other threads i've been watching for now to say that lynching crab is a very good idea

Vote: Crab

Verelios

Okay there are some scum teams I really don't like and crab is on a lot of them and considreing his mode of play this game I'm inclined to abandon a few of the other threads i've been watching for now to say that lynching crab is a very good idea

Vote: Crab
Okay, is there anything specific to share?

Natiko

Banned
Hi Natiko.

Finally someone who usually contributes in a meaningful way.

Anything you would like to discuss?
Currently I feel like things are at a bit of a standstill. There's a lot of players that aren't contributing, to the point that it's iffy on whether it's worth pursuing an inactive lynch or not. I'm sure there's scum there but I'm not sure if odds are in our favor. I still think your attempt to classify your initial conversation with Vere is weak. The logic behind creating a base is fine, but that specific example I really don't think applies. Fran's frantic reaction reads as odd as well, but since then he's gone dark. I don't think both of you are scum, but what I haven't decided is if one of you is scum. Blarg is fine. CCS too. Karl seems useful. Sorian doesn't seem as on top of things as usual but not enough there to be sure. Acorns concerns me because he seemed to want to avoid posting actual reads and as he's popped up he's not really contributed much. Makes me wonder if he's scum again but learned from Zelda so is trying to blend more than he did then. Bronx I think is town. If those that are inactive by day end don't have a serious post out there I'll definitely vote on them. Dead weight at that point and unless something changes I don't have strong scum vibes from anyone currently.
See, shitposting is much harder than it looks!
You got me there.

acohrs

Currently I feel like things are at a bit of a standstill. There's a lot of players that aren't contributing, to the point that it's iffy on whether it's worth pursuing an inactive lynch or not. I'm sure there's scum there but I'm not sure if odds are in our favor. I still think your attempt to classify your initial conversation with Vere is weak. The logic behind creating a base is fine, but that specific example I really don't think applies. Fran's frantic reaction reads as odd as well, but since then he's gone dark. I don't think both of you are scum, but what I haven't decided is if one of you is scum. Blarg is fine. CCS too. Karl seems useful. Sorian doesn't seem as on top of things as usual but not enough there to be sure. Acorns concerns me because he seemed to want to avoid posting actual reads and as he's popped up he's not really contributed much. Makes me wonder if he's scum again but learned from Zelda so is trying to blend more than he did then. Bronx I think is town. If those that are inactive by day end don't have a serious post out there I'll definitely vote on them. Dead weight at that point and unless something changes I don't have strong scum vibes from anyone currently.

You got me there.

u wot m8, I posted 3 or 4 reads a page or 2 back, which is more than most so far

Faddy

Banned

You got me there.

Other than the stuff about me I pretty much agree. Although CCS might be too quiet

At this point no one seems to be doing anything. CCS did post this and I would be happy to take out anyone on this list because FUCK THEM.

For info, the lowest posters so far (note: totals only count posts since game start)

LP - 1
Crab - 2
Kalor - 2
Nin - 2
OA - 2
WorthyEdge - 4
gryvan - 4

Crab has a vote so he is sort of the obvious choice. But I really don't care.

Natiko

Banned
u wot m8, I posted 3 or 4 reads a page or 2 back, which is more than most so far
Don't make me go back and quote you dodging around about posting actual reads awhile back. We both know the exchange happened and I'm feeling lazy and on mobile.

CCS

Banned
Is LP still only on one post?

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

Either scum or deadweight town at this point. I'm sorry man but it's true.

CCS

Banned
I'd prefer not to lynch among the actives because I don't have a strong scum read of any of them and they're the ones most likely to be be found out as scum if we leave alive. However, if we do, I'd prefer one of Faddy/Fran/Bronx to try and shed some light on that contretemps. Obviously that suggestion is subject to change if something more interesting happens in the next 24 hours.

Faddy

Banned
Is LP still only on one post?

Either scum or deadweight town at this point. I'm sorry man but it's true.

Natiko has a vote on L_P as well. I have no problem lynching him. Even though we shared a chat he didn't really participate much in that game either.

Faddy

Banned
Why would they vote for Crab if they're in contact? It's more likely something he noticed that coincides with his role pm.

Because early day 1 votes don't really matter so why not try and show some animosity between team mates.

He came in and offered a defence of Crab's inactivity even though he voted for him. So does he think Crab is scum or not?

acohrs

Since I want to talk to someone and Splinter is the only one available I will bite.

Bronx - town, no scum would want to draw this much attention to themselves on D1, seems suicidal. Also, is a lot more talkative than other games, but not trying to be the main town voice or driving any type of discussion, which scum trying to hide in plain sight would seem likely to do.

Sorian - neutral, typically aggressive style but that could be indicative of town or scum, need to monitor as the game goes on, although if town, I think scum will kill him N1 since he likes to lead discussion and scum typically doesn't like thinkers. If scum don't kill him N1 then it's probably time to start looking much closer.

Faddy - most scummy looking rn but on D1 that's not saying much. Oddly aggressive tone when questioned earlier this day phase, especially given it's D1 and nobody has anything to go on.

Vere - neutral, can't make my mind up on him. One to watch.

Don't make me go back and quote you dodging around about posting actual reads awhile back. We both know the exchange happened and I'm feeling lazy and on mobile.

Does the above not count as actual reads??

Swamped

Banned
Sorry guys, only just got back and there was a lot of catching up to do. I don't see any obvious scum slips from Faddy and I think he is an over-enthusiastic town at this point. I think it's weird the way everyone is piling on him and scum might want to exacerbate that to get an easy D1 lynch. I am still wary of acohrs. I'm willing to hear more from Crab, so I'll move my vote but there's still a lot of catching up to do. I'm also wary of Burb. His early posts on mafia strategy just came across as disingenuous to me.

VOTE: acohrs

Swamped - all I remember from her is refusing to answer a reasonable question (from Verelios I think). Ton of people doing this today, it's all garbage and she stands out as having done nothing else.

I did answer it though. I was curious about why he singled me out even though there were tons of people he could have called out. Also, he did confuse me for Dragonz at the very beginning, which set off some quiet alarm bells in my head, and is why I asked him if he had ever played with her before. I've never played with Vere so just wanted to understand why me.

---

Faddy just voted for LP while I was writing this. Not sure how I feel about it, LP feels like an easy inactive lynch at this point.

Swamped

Banned
I see something but it might be different from what you're noticing.

Damn you both for making me entertain the idea of going through Blarg's posts a second time...

Faddy

Banned
Sorry guys, only just got back and there was a lot of catching up to do. I don't see any obvious scum slips from Faddy and I think he is an over-enthusiastic town at this point. I think it's weird the way everyone is piling on him and scum might want to exacerbate that to get an easy D1 lynch. I am still wary of acohrs. I'm willing to hear more from Crab, so I'll move my vote but there's still a lot of catching up to do. I'm also wary of Burb. His early posts on mafia strategy just came across as disingenuous to me.

VOTE: acohrs

I did answer it though. I was curious about why he singled me out even though there were tons of people he could have called out. Also, he did confuse me for Dragonz at the very beginning, which set off some quiet alarm bells in my head, and is why I asked him if he had ever played with her before. I've never played with Vere so just wanted to understand why me.

---

Faddy just voted for LP while I was writing this. Not sure how I feel about it, LP feels like an easy inactive lynch at this point.

LP is an easy inactive lynch. That is the point.

Either he comes in and defends himself or he dies.

franconp

fran are you for or against lynching an inactive today?

Against. Inactives get proded and replaced. There's no need to waste a lynch on them. I only want to lynch them when they post the minimum to avoid being replaced.

If Nin, OA and LP don't post before day end they should be replaced. If they suddenly appear, made a post and dissapear again they should be lynched.

Like the post that Crab did a while ago. That post worries me. If Crab dissapear again he should be lynched.

I'm also worried of Kalor, TWE and gryvan. They made just a few post and contributed almost nothing.

Natiko

Banned
I had to work. Mafia is a lot of fun but it doesn't pays my bills.

But I'm here now. About what do you want to talk?
I more meant there wasn't anything further to discuss since you were away. No worries.
Does the above not count as actual reads??
I know you're not this obtuse. Was there or was there not an exchange prior to that where you were asked about reads and you dodged around the matter?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
hit page 7 so far

my notes read:

why the fuck do the first two pages exist

Kawl is establishing an authority position. Not sure I like it. So is Nariko.

Why does Sorian read this as town?

holy fuck why do the first seven pages exist?

you are all terrible players

Faddy

Banned
I wholeheartedly agree. Faddy, dude, you're not doing much to help your case by pushing an inactive lynch over your own.

Seems desperate.

It isn't desperate.

It is about sending a message.

There is a lot of fixation on me. Go talk to CCS or Natiko who also seem up for this strategy. Last game Sorian made a brilliant read but he had Sketch with him at the end and she was useless because she didn't participate.

Again like I wrote about Blarg, let's not follow losing strategies.

Ourobolus

Banned
swamped (1)
sorian 62 (135)
verelios 396

kawl_usc (0)
ccs 65 (328)

lone_prodigy (3)
verelios 71 (396)
natiko 518
ccs 828
faddy 831