• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

SkyOdin

First I have to say that I always find you entertaining Blarg, and my suspicion against you is certainly not out of any personal animus. I look forward to playing with you again. However, I simply don't trust your claim. I think it is highly likely that you are lying either about your neutral alignment or your win condition. A survivor/strongman just doesn't make any sense.

If you do flip neutral though, I will keep your reads on Burbeting, Darryl, and Palmer in mind.

Darryl

Banned
I laughed out loud real hard at that last post LL.

I have nothing else to add. Sorry Blarg. You were mathed out of the game. Let's hope you're scum.

I keep hearing about how this role or that role doesn't make sense

But we're in a role madness game

Look how many people are left

Do we really believe everyone who has claimed vanilla actually is?

With this many people left, what roles DO make sense?

Personally I'm positive there's at least one more alignment checker

I started the Blarg lynch so I'm obviously okay with it. But I'm open to listening to advocates for shifting. Can he be trusted? Dunno.

Why don't you just NK Sky and get it over with? Why give scum 2 nights to reign free?

Your offer is making you come off like you don't have the best interest of town in mind.

If SkyOdin is lynched Today and he was telling the truth, scum will have a double-kill Tonight.

One of those kills might be me. If he was telling the truth and you lynch him later (because scum definitely won't kill him) you won't have this potential buffer zone through me.

I think Darryl or Burbeting are scum. And if I decided to embrace my Neutrality, you all know how I feel about Palmer. But I already went 2 Nights without killing him, so you know he's not my objective towards any Win condition. These 3 are my candidates, unless you all have better suggestions to offer.

If you want me to just NK Sky, then let me just NK Sky. But that requires an alternative lynch target Today.

Like I said in my original offer, I think Burb or Darryl are scum. If you want to lynch one of them instead, or else another suggestion you offer someone else up who you scum-read. hey_monkey suggested Nomadic Sparks. What yours, TownLife?

Lifeline

I think we should lynch Monkey. She's used up her checks, so we don't lose a power. Plus her death with town flip confirms Sky is not lying, at which point I would be fine with Blarg killing one of his picks. But if Monkey flips scum, Blarg should NK Sky.

Verelios

I started the Blarg lynch so I'm obviously okay with it. But I'm open to listening to advocates for shifting. Can he be trusted? Dunno.
I'd like Nomadic and Burb to show up and say something but maybe they'll just wait till day end.

And if it isn't clear, yes I think there are a lot of people monitoring the thread. Get in here.

I think we should lynch Monkey. She's used up her checks, so we don't lose a power. Plus her death with town flip confirms Sky is not lying, at which point I would be fine with Blarg killing one of his picks. But if Monkey flips scum, Blarg should NK Sky.

What if she's lying about her x-shots and this is a ploy by the real Town Investigator to let scum leave her alone past D3? She explicitly stated she wanted to live until D3 during D1.

Lifeline

What if she's lying about her x-shots and this is a ploy by the real Town Investigator to let scum leave her alone past D3? She explicitly stated she wanted to live until D3 during D1.

If she had another shot, she should have kept quiet till D3. I doubt scum wants her dead since she kept advocating for an Acohrs lynch D1 and D2. She was safe.

My death actually doesn't clear Sky regardless of how I flip. I can only report the check result. If he's a GF, I'd get the same check. I don't think he is, but.

SkyOdin

I keep hearing about how this role or that role doesn't make sense

But we're in a role madness game

Look how many people are left

Do we really believe everyone who has claimed vanilla actually is?

With this many people left, what roles DO make sense?

Personally I'm positive there's at least one more alignment checker
I think Blarg's claim doesn't make sense because it seems at odds with town's win condition. I can't see how town and Blarg can win at the same time, which doesn't make sense if Blarg is a survivor. If Blarg was actually a lyncher or serial killer, his ability would make more sense.

Otherwise, I agree with you that some of the vanilla claims are suspicious. That is why I made my role claim in the first place. It just hasn't played iut like I expected at all. I underestimated how paranoid and suspicious mafia players are by a significant margin. *sigh* I'll have to remember that next time.

Darryl

Banned
Were you here the whole time?

I've been filtering in and out since you started posting. I haven't seen anything in particular that had made me alert. As I said in one of my last posts, there are a lot of problems in my reads if you're not scum. My next target is dependent on your flip. I can't think of anyone else to lynch besides you, and the idea of lynching town cop is ridiculous.

Lifeline

I know scum could be anywhere in the day end vote count. But seeing how both Achors and Swamped had the same claim and the voting being as close at it was, I think scum felt safe not voting for one of their own.

So here are the acohrs voters:
- SkyOdin
- StanleyPalmtree
- BlackBuzzard
- Verelios
- Blargonaut
- hey_monkey

30 years also had a vote on him
- Nomadic Sparks

No vote
- timetokill/30 years

Out of those, Hey_monkey and SkyOdin are already acting suspect. Blarg is a neutral/possible scum.

I think killing Hey_monkey is the best play here

At Worst: We lose a town, but get a confirmed town

At Best: We lose two scum.

My death actually doesn't clear Sky regardless of how I flip. I can only report the check result. If he's a GF, I'd get the same check. I don't think he is, but.

And me having decided to kill Natiko and confirming he was a real Miller is hard proof for both your own claim as Alignment Cop's reliability and a tell for a potential Godfather existing when taking both of you into account. It's a veritable triangle of positive Role reinforcement. <3

Admit it, you and Town owe me kudos

I've been filtering in and out since you started posting. I haven't seen anything in particular that had made me alert. As I said in one of my last posts, there are a lot of problems in my reads if you're not scum. My next target is dependent on your flip. I can't think of anyone else to lynch besides you, and the idea of lynching town cop is ridiculous.

Not wanting to commit your scum reads, hmm?

THANKS, DARRYL. I tend to agree.

That IS THE real question on the table. DO we doubt Sky enough to kill him? I don't. For me the combo of my check plus weird claim is enough, since I think he has been scum hunting.

Obviously I'm anti a monkey lynch. &#128519;

I don't know that I trust Blarg.

I think NS is troubling but I have no idea if he's scum.

I can't tell if ttk just really believes I'm scum or is scum herself. Palmer hasn't been here enough today for me to get anything on him. Burb I've been curious about it but I read his frustration as town. Don't think scum would do that. Risky. Isaac I'm iffy on. Blarg is the only one who maybe gives me something.

Verelios

Did you find Burb acting odd today Darryl?

I doubt I'll be around for day end, and I've been busy the last few days, but thankfully we left it open to get a lot of stuff to read up on the next few days.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Leaving my vote here.

Lifeline

Blarg, give the town a nice concise plan for how to end the day without lynching you and how to use your power in the night?

Tell us who you want us to lynch today. What are you going to do tonight depending on which way that person flips?

A nice easy to read plan. Because right now, I don't think you'll be making it past this day phase until you give town something more tantalizing than slicing your pineapple head on a pizza pie.

I know scum could be anywhere in the day end vote count. But seeing how both Achors and Swamped had the same claim and the voting being as close at it was, I think scum felt safe not voting for one of their own.

So here are the acohrs voters:
- SkyOdin
- StanleyPalmtree
- BlackBuzzard
- Verelios
- Blargonaut
- hey_monkey

30 years also had a vote on him
- Nomadic Sparks

No vote
- timetokill/30 years

Out of those, Hey_monkey and SkyOdin are already acting suspect. Blarg is a neutral/possible scum.

I think killing Hey_monkey is the best play here

At Worst: We lose a town, but get a confirmed town

At Best: We lose two scum.

I won't say it again after this but killing me doesn't clear Sky. Killing Sky would clear me but that's way risky. Killing Blarg potentially clears both, but leaves possible question of GF (that will remain until Sky dies). Killing me today just flips me. It leaves a possible question on both Sky AND Blarg. you don't know for sure who either is.

Yeah, fuck you too, Launch.

Blarg, give the town a nice concise plan for how to end the day without lynching you and how to use your power in the night?

Tell us who you want us to lynch today. What are you going to do tonight depending on which way that person flips?

A nice easy to read plan. Because right now, I don't think you'll be making it past this day phase until you give town something more tantalizing than slicing your pineapple head on a pizza pie.

UNVOTE: SkyOdin

VOTE: Darryl

Or Burbeting.

Then I kill SkyOdin for you Tonight. If the Town Doctor wants to protect me or hey_monkey Tonight, that's up to them. My kill is a Strong kill so it will penetrate any attempt of a Doctor or Bodyguard to shield my target. The kill is guaranteed. Barring Switcher intervention (I'm not sure if a Switcher can redirect my Strong kill or not) fucking my aim up, it's a simple plan.

Tell me one thing, Mr Confirmed Townie Determined To Act Like Scum: WHY DO you want to let a self-confessed killer of town dictate how our day ends? What is your personal stake in keeping Blarg alive? Because you have been just dying for it.

Yeah, I had suspected that. Thanks for mixing my name as a town clear with such certainty in among other reads. It was a good place to hide a green check, though weird enough compared to the prior day's reads for me to catch it.

This will lend some credence to the outlandish and shocking role claim I was planning to make today.

You say Monkey clearly town read you on D2 correct?

05. [m] SkyOdin - I noticed the change in behavior and commented on it and I'm inclined to trust the explanation because I was privy to that discussion and I see Sky working.

But this is the only thing remotely looking like a read list from monkey on D2 and nothing in this post would make me say yep that's a town read. So maybe i missed it or is this the post you mean?

Verelios

You're suspicious to the ears bear

Vote:Burbeting

Though it's in the air whether this would pick up, I'm showing my stance on him so everyone knows he's on my list

oh, and btw. Who, might you ask, mentioned Switcher(s) in this game?

For all the reasons I stated before. That doesn't mean town shouldn't consider alternatives though. IF this was a scum gambit, Godfather is the most likely, followed by switcher, followed by... tailor? The latter doesn't work so well since it only shows up on death, and scum wouldn't throw a player away for that. Switcher could protect me for a few phases while they misdirected any checks on me, and we already discussed why godfather is possible. I was a godfather in WWE already though. I don't need day 1 gambits to play scum well.

*snip*

you can pass the clock until everyone shows up and maybe we'll get a claimed switcher but it's likely you're just going to have to claim with the evidence against ya blarg

Palmer on D1 after his Ordinary claim, and Darryl Today.

I can PM Soph to ask if my Strong kill goes through any potential Switcher shenanigans, but I don't know if she'll divulge that.

You say Monkey clearly town read you on D2 correct?

But this is the only thing remotely looking like a read list from monkey on D2 and nothing in this post would make me say yep that's a town read. So maybe i missed it or is this the post you mean?

There's a few. He linked a bunch early on d3, including one I didn't mean as a breadcrumb but death of the author and all.

You're suspicious to the ears bear

Vote:Burbeting

Though it's in the air whether this would pick up, I'm showing my stance on him so everyone knows he's on my list

cWYuTDV.jpg

uh-oh

Lifeline

Yeah, fuck you too, Launch.

UNVOTE: SkyOdin

Or Burbeting.

Then I kill SkyOdin for you Tonight. If the Town Doctor wants to protect me or hey_monkey Tonight, that's up to them. My kill is a Strong kill so it will penetrate any attempt of a Doctor or Bodyguard to shield my target. The kill is guaranteed. Barring Switcher intervention (I'm not sure if a Switcher can redirect my Strong kill or not) fucking my aim up, it's a simple plan.

I'm down with this.

This thread is filled with cards flipped back, nobody knows what play is underneath them. Blarg's card has already been flipped, and I don't care if it's the joker.

iRM0gOP.gif

I'm down with this.

This thread is filled with cards flipped back, nobody knows what play is underneath them. Blarg's card has already been flipped, and I don't care if it's the joker.

*snip*

bruh this is a real Rebellion now

Now you're playing with Power

Just to remind everyone, I'm 2 votes away from being lynched.

The current vote count is here. (I hoped I linked that correctly)

Don't be an ass and please catch up on what's happened in the thread and comment on it, on my offer on the table, before you drop your vote. Don't be like Launchpad.

I won't say it again after this but killing me doesn't clear Sky. Killing Sky would clear me but that's way risky. Killing Blarg potentially clears both, but leaves possible question of GF (that will remain until Sky dies). Killing me today just flips me. It leaves a possible question on both Sky AND Blarg. you don't know for sure who either is.

If your claim is valid, killing you confirms that sky is town and Blarg is not.

But if we kill Blarg and he flips scum, there's still the chance that you and sky are scum as well

If we kill Blarg and he flips neutral it doesn't even really prove your claim.

If we kill Sky you could still be scum along with Blarg as well, if he flips town

Let's not pretend like we get the least value out of lynching you when that's plainly not true

If your claim is valid, killing you confirms that sky is town and Blarg is not.

But if we kill Blarg and he flips scum, there's still the chance that you and sky are scum as well

If we kill Blarg and he flips neutral it doesn't even really prove your claim.

If we kill Sky you could still be scum along with Blarg as well, if he flips town

Let's not pretend like we get the least value out of lynching you when that's plainly not true

On point the first: If Sky is godfather, my claim and flip mean nothing, no matter what, except that I was indeed what I claimed and my checks were probably what I said they were.
On point the second: How does it not? I got lucky and took a shot in the dark?
On point the third: I mean, sure, it's possible.
On point the fourth: See point the third.

Sophia

Day 3 votes

timetokill (0)
launchpadmcq 2173 (2183)

blargonaut (7)
hey_monkey 2175 (2581)
burbeting 2178
palmer_v1 2180
launchpadmcq 2183 (2291)
skyodin 2276
acohrs 2407 (2615)
nomadic sparks 2408 (2723)
isaacnukem 2434 (2596)
dr. worm 2504 (2509)
lifeline 2666 (2721)
hey_monkey 2704
dr. worm 2712
darryl 2793
lifeline 2841 (2883)
launchpadmcq 2924

palmer_v1 (0)
isaacnukem 2177 (2434)

nomadic sparks (0)
timetokill 2361 (2438)

skyodin (1)
nomadic sparks 2368 (2385)
blargonaut 2818 (2928)
isaacnukem 2869

hey_monkey (1)
timetokill 2438
lifeline 2518 (2666)

blackbuzzard (1)
acohrs 2615

monkey (1)
nomadic sparks 2723

acohrs (0)
blackbuzzard 2724 (2931)

darryl (2)
blargonaut 2928
lifeline 2937

burbeting (1)
verelios 2932

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is 9

Day 3 ends in:

blu_1496091600.png

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'm really hoping that timetokill and Verelios are scum, because if they're town we kinda deserve to lose for being so terrible

Lifeline

Are we assuming Sky is Godfather?

What are the chances that

1. The game has a GF

2. Monkey hit GF on her first shot

Yeah, it's possible that may be true, but there's a lot of other factors to consider here. and TTK is right, hey_monkey death is the most beneficial to town. Not sure why Blarg is against it right now.

On point the first: If Sky is godfather, my claim and flip mean nothing, no matter what, except that I was indeed what I claimed and my checks were probably what I said they were.
On point the second: How does it not? I got lucky and took a shot in the dark?
On point the third: I mean, sure, it's possible.
On point the fourth: See point the third.

You're right, Sky being Godfather would fuck that up

At any rate it's clear you will not be lynched this game so all I can do is hope at this point

Top Bottom