• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games With Gold for August

jbug617

Banned
DFluhyIV0AQvu-w

Credit to Wario

Is it bad that I dont know if I have Trials Fusion or not?

Also, thats a pretty decent month! Bayonetta, Slime Rancher and Red Faction are all good games.

xabbott

Wow, one of the best months for me. I can dump my Bayonetta disc. Red Faction is the only game I don't have much of an interest in. Really looking forward to a released version of Slime Rancher.

timberger

Another impressively terrible month.

Bayonetta is the only game of any real note there, but who hasn't played that at this point?

Rocketz

As I said in the other thread I've been waiting for a sale for Bayo but this works as well.

Looking forward to trying Slime Rancher.

Bayonetta is the only game of any real note there, but who hasn't played that at this point?
Me.

Podge293

Why don't they offer all the games all at once for the month?

Pure guessing here:

I'd assume it's to spread the incentive over the month rather than front load it and not really have the incentive/opportunity to promote it again mid-month without sounding super repetitive and potentially annoying people.

Also helps look like they're rewarding you the longer you stick around

I haven't. Probably won't either

G0523

I sold my copy of Bayonetta for the Wii U version, but now I hear the 360 version on Xbox One runs slightly better than that now. Is that true?

Woorloog

Banned
Was this Redfaction anygood?

Armaggedon gets a lot of bad rep and a lot of it is warranted. In comparison to Red Faction Guerrilla.
Story and characters are utter trash, and THQ never should have ditched Red Faction Guerrilla's open world style (just should've improved it).

But on its own, it is pretty fun game, despite those flaws. It is a linear corridor shooter but destructible environment parts are always fun. The environments are reasonably varied (for being dark tunnels) and kinda cool And the weapons! It has a great selection of weapons that feel different and good. And the extra powers you have are kinda neat once you unlock them, though their usefulness is debatable. At least there are options.
It is technically a bit rough, runs unlocked framerate (so from under 20 fps to 60 to back under 20 in one scene is very possible). Good lighting in dark.

You don't miss anything by not playing it, but if one looks for some shooting and wrecking stuff, it is OK.

JlNX

Oh I was looking to try out slime rancher, I also have no excuse to not try out Bayonetta now before the eventual switch Bayonetta 2 port. Trials isn't my thing and I have played red Faction before. Overall pretty good month from slime rancher alone based on some impressions I have heard of the game.

Gator86

For a second I thought this was Guerilla and got excited. Meh, Bayonetta is fun but I'm not sure I'd replay it.

Oynox

Do not own anything of that, great.

Always wanted to properly try Slime Ranchers.
Trials is okay but I think the series went downhills (lol) after Evolution.
Red Faction Armageddon was a let down compared to guerilla.
Guess it is time to try Bayonetta if it is free, only heard good things.

Trials Fusion is pretty good. Step back from Trials Evolution, but still really good.

The difficulty curve in the game was weird. You had like 30 levels that were very easy or easy, and then, suddenly, they just got stupid hard. Still never beat 2 of the 5 last levels, and fuck no on those hidden 'Super Ninja' tracks.

Top Bottom